Gear at level 60 and beyond.

If you're smart like me you would have been farming for gear long before the level cap was raised so that immediately upon reaching the required level you can equip your gear. This could potentially save you days of farming as gear level 8 and 9 require so many pieces.

So your top 5 should look something like this:

c0hsnYgh.jpg

Those orange crosses mean that I have the gear available, but I can't equip it yet. I'm just waiting to reach levels 61 to 65 and then I will have all of my heroes at gear level 8. (Except those two missing pieces)

But, if you're dumb like me then you may have made this mistake.

Certain heroes require the same gear to upgrade.

That means that when I see an orange cross on Luminara and Old Daka I actually need a second piece of gear made as they both use the same one. That's two of:

MymZMrjh.jpg

In fact, Asajj and Ahsoka share one piece, Talia and Daka share one piece and Luminara and Daka share one piece.

That means I could have had to farm for days more for these three pieces of gear, one of them needing 40 purple laptops because of this very important oversight.

When you have farmed the correct amount of gear it should look like this:

C5niyMJh.jpg

I need one piece for Talia, but I have made two as Old Daka needs one as well.

I hope I have helped some people as its easy to not care about what the 'MK73 Sub-Nubian Soro-Key Chiwab-chedak Merr-sonn Shield-Gun' is called and just think you have everything under control.

If you already knew this then congrats on paying more attention than me.
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• Good luck, happy farming.

62517632.jpg
  • Lol had t seen that meme before
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Do you have hard time in GW? I could easily slide 4-5 toons into my starter 5 but it seems you could dominate in arena while I don't , I'm just asking because I feel like we both have the same resources but we took two different paths lol!
  • @Kevz57
    I'm about 150th in Arena, but it is a tough server shard as I started right on the hard launch.

I got through the first 8 battles of GW without retreating once using my top 5. Then I lost my Talia and couldn't be bothered restarting. Ended up getting to #11 before I got bored. I probably could have beaten it if I restarted a few times and changed my squad around, but I've got better things to do than spend all day playing SWGOH, like post on the forums. B)
  • If you're smart like me you would have been farming for gear long before the level cap was raised so that immediately upon reaching the required level you can equip your gear. This could potentially save you days of farming as gear level 8 and 9 require so many pieces.

So your top 5 should look something like this:

c0hsnYgh.jpg

Those orange crosses mean that I have the gear available, but I can't equip it yet. I'm just waiting to reach levels 61 to 65 and then I will have all of my heroes at gear level 8. (Except those two missing pieces)

But, if you're dumb like me then you may have made this mistake.

Certain heroes require the same gear to upgrade.

That means that when I see an orange cross on Luminara and Old Daka I actually need a second piece of gear made as they both use the same one. That's two of:

MymZMrjh.jpg

In fact, Asajj and Ahsoka share one piece, Talia and Daka share one piece and Luminara and Daka share one piece.

That means I could have had to farm for days more for these three pieces of gear, one of them needing 40 purple laptops because of this very important oversight.

When you have farmed the correct amount of gear it should look like this:

C5niyMJh.jpg

I need one piece for Talia, but I have made two as Old Daka needs one as well.

I hope I have helped some people as its easy to not care about what the 'MK73 Sub-Nubian Soro-Key Chiwab-chedak Merr-sonn Shield-Gun' is called and just think you have everything under control.

If you already knew this then congrats on paying more attention than me.

I had made 5 of those Mk.8 Taggeco Holo Lenses up ahead of time. Still have 1 left and almost another one ready to craft, just need 1 more easy 6 energy common part to complete it.

Once you get to level 62, farming some of the purple gear gets easier since new a new level of gear challenges is unlocked. I put off doing my Sunday gear challenges until late in the evening so I could level up to 62 first and maximize the rewards.

I even have some parts ready to go for levels 64 and 65.

24qmpo5.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • @Jabberwocky
    Nice!
    The TaggeCo Holo Lenses are way easier to farm than all of the other level 60 requirement gear. Once I realised my mistake it only took one energy refill to make my second piece because the gear drops much more.
  • Actually, here's a tip...

While you're crafting a piece of gear try doubling or tripling up on constituent parts while you're farming LS/DS if you're on a hot streak and have the energy available and also pay close attention to stuff that's in or will be in a gear challenge reward. No need to burn energy if the part you need is part of tomorrow's gear challenge.

I also often build a second top level part before I equip to have a spare on hand and so I don't waste available parts gearing up a less critical toon like a D squad GW cannon fodder guy.

Plan ahead, for instance to fill a slot you need a piece containing 2x of something containing 2x of something else that each require 5x something yet again to build.
    You notice that tbe bottom level piece happens to be, let's say, the white salt shakers (droid caller) and it's today's gear challenge reward (or it's Saturday so you know it's up tomorrow).
    That's 20 droid callers required to build your top level part.
    You complete your run of 5 gear challenges and it drops 4-5-3-4-4 salt shakers for you. That's one top level part done right there with no energy spent, so you can save it for the stuff that's not in gear challenges.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I love Sundays for farming because of the Challenges :) I'm about to reach 56 around 16 hours from now (midnight reset for dailies and all timers). I'll unlock a new difficulty of challenges while doing so, I'll have plenty of time until Sunday again to level up some more, and level up the required toons.

Though I certainly dislike the huge amount of parts needed to craft a single piece sometimes, + the low drop rates + the high cost of energy to play the missions + the long time to refill + the escalating prices of refreshes. Lots of grinding to do. Thanks god for the challenges at least. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (: