Over powered characters

Replies

• boellefisk wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    Actually not in the mood to start again. You don't need Rey to counter Rey, that is not true. You can use FOTP/GS/Leia instead of her and win against Rey teams in offense. Suffice to say, she is fine.
    Is that why you have switched out Rey for those in your team?

Ahh look who it is...Tired of killing Rey before she acts with your droid team and came back to cry some more about her?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Actually not in the mood to start again. You don't need Rey to counter Rey, that is not true. You can use FOTP/GS/Leia instead of her and win against Rey teams in offense. Suffice to say, she is fine.
    Meh.. She's just light years ahead of them bro. I'm telling you. I dunno why you tryna deny it lol. Leia is a child of RNGesus and can be awful at times, especially without admiral snackbar. Genosian soldier has been amazing with mods, but he still lacks the foresight Rey has and the extremely high damage of her flurry. He's still pretty far behind.. Rey is the best counter to Rey. Why? She's the best attacker in the game.. She can one hit Rey. You take Rey off your team and try going into arena and facing Rey every match. It won't be a guaranteed win anymore..
    I have her maxed now, I'm tired of using her, tired of seeing her. Her damage far out classes all of those attackers you just mentioned. @Nightlores just posted a link of the meta report bro. 8500 top 100 arena teams are listed there. 78 percent of those random 8500 teams use Rey. That isn't alarming to you at all bro? Are we supposed to wait till it hits 100 to realize it's a problem?

Doesn't change the fact that Rey is a choice. And it doesn't matter that she has higher damage than other characters if she can be beaten when attacked by those 'lesser damage' characters. Like i said, make droid team and kill her before she acts. When i stated that droids are OP i was sent to farm p2p clones. I am advising you to farm a f2p killer team. More than fair.

I replaced Rey with Yoda and attacked Rey teams (before mods). Got same results. So i dunno what you are talking about.
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Synfreak wrote: »
    boellefisk wrote: »
    Is that why you have switched out Rey for those in your team?

Ahh look who it is...Tired of killing Rey before she acts with your droid team and came back to cry some more about her?

I never get tired of killing Rey before she acts. I enjoy you coming here whining about it too much.
    Meh.. She's just light years ahead of them bro. I'm telling you. I dunno why you tryna deny it lol. Leia is a child of RNGesus and can be awful at times, especially without admiral snackbar. Genosian soldier has been amazing with mods, but he still lacks the foresight Rey has and the extremely high damage of her flurry. He's still pretty far behind.. Rey is the best counter to Rey. Why? She's the best attacker in the game.. She can one hit Rey. You take Rey off your team and try going into arena and facing Rey every match. It won't be a guaranteed win anymore..
    I have her maxed now, I'm tired of using her, tired of seeing her. Her damage far out classes all of those attackers you just mentioned. @Nightlores just posted a link of the meta report bro. 8500 top 100 arena teams are listed there. 78 percent of those random 8500 teams use Rey. That isn't alarming to you at all bro? Are we supposed to wait till it hits 100 to realize it's a problem?

Doesn't change the fact that Rey is a choice. And it doesn't matter that she has higher damage than other characters if she can be beaten when attacked by those 'lesser damage' characters. Like i said, make droid team and kill her before she acts. When i stated that droids are OP i was sent to farm p2p clones. I am advising you to farm a f2p killer team. More than fair.

I replaced Rey with Yoda and attacked Rey teams (before mods). Got same results. So i dunno what you are talking about.

They turned ugnaught into P2P now? :neutral:
    **** those ****!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    @EscapeArtist51 And if you are tired of using her and seeing her, you shouldn't use her, so you're the one to blame, because like i said, you don't need Rey to kill Rey. Guaranteed. :)
  • @boellefisk So now you are crying about my crying? Man! You can't stop crying can you?

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @EscapeArtist51 And to be completely honest with you, i actually need Rey. Because right now, there has been a Sun Fac/Anakin/Ct5s xx xx infusion of teams and i don't know what to use to beat those. We need more f2p really hard hitters like Rey.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Exactly as OP stated: just like they did to Sidious. Sidious is destroyed and has 0 use at this point.
    Instead of destroying characters with nerfs (Barriss, Poe, FotP and Sidious), let's buff excisting characters like they did with Anakin.

Don't destroy the meta, just add more options. But the newbs (term for new people that haven't reached endgame yet) will keep complaining even if they have 0 knowledge of this game, unfortunately.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alexone wrote: »
    @EscapeArtist51 And if you are tired of using her and seeing her, you shouldn't use her, so you're the one to blame, because like i said, you don't need Rey to kill Rey. Guaranteed. :)
    Meh, it's not a question of whether she can be beaten or not. Anyone can be beaten. But Rey has the most damage, best survivability, and 2nd highest speed among attackers. And there is no reason not to use her, she doesn't need any syngergy or any setup at all. If I take her off my squad, I'm putting myself at a disadvantage, for no reason whatsoever.
    She's in 78 percent of those teams for all of these reasons...
    All I want is to see her lose 10 percent off her unique, and 10 percent off her foresight chance. She'll still be super annoying lol. With the greatest stick anyone has ever seen. It's not like it matters though, in a couple of months, droids will take over. I hope you got your ugnaught bro. We gonna need him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Meh, it's not a question of whether she can be beaten or not. Anyone can be beaten. But Rey has the most damage, best survivability, and 2nd highest speed among attackers. And there is no reason not to use her, she doesn't need any syngergy or any setup at all. If I take her off my squad, I'm putting myself at a disadvantage, for no reason whatsoever.
    All I want is to see her lose 10 percent off her unique, and 10 percent off her foresight chance. She'll still be super annoying lol. With the greatest stick anyone has ever seen. It's not like it matters though, in a couple of months, droids will take over. I hope you got your ugnaught bro. We gonna need him.

Nah...i am just working on droid team. The meta will be who has the most speed on Jawa Engineer lol.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    are we done complaining about mods, we can complain about OP characters and dodge again?
    cool cool
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    are we done complaining about mods, we can complain about OP characters and dodge again?
    cool cool
    Not yet man.. Mod drop rates still suck. Spend 120 energy, get a three star mod, yeah that's fun lol.

Nah...i am just working on droid team. The meta will be who has the most speed on Jawa Engineer lol.
    Ewww. That's gonna be lame, having two droid teams go head to head. You can literally look at your opponents speed before hand and decide if your jawa is faster or not, and to target him.. Y'all laughed at me when I said ugnaught was gonna be great someday. I seent it, with my crystal balls. He's gonna be top tier on the raid, and his pocket grenade in pvp = dead droids lmao.

One thing you're forgetting about Rey & I'm assuming you haven't faced a top 20 Rey yet, is that the more speed she had the weaker she really is. My Rey tops out at 203 but that damage is amazing! If I get lucky I can hit for 35-40k on her fury swipes.

But... What a lot of you folks are dis counting is the fact that armor plays a huge part in a room damage acceptance! If a toon has proper defense, it can take Rey ages to gun them down.

& this "but Rey has forsight" argument means naught! You waist an attack to remove it & hey presto, she falls super fast! The nerf Rey threads are actually l2p threads. Nothing new! If you weren't smart enough to get Rey in the beginning because you wanted your favourite toons, then no one is to blame for you struggling to deal with her. I can promise you, the minute you get AoE toons like Sid that plasters a dot on her, she hits just like any other toon if not worse. The only problem is there are so few arena toons that have the ability to paste a negative effect onto other toons & that's why Rey is a big threat.

Honestly, Leia is a much bigger threat than Rey will ever be, she goes invis before most have a chance to attack & she gets off 2 attacks with most often to none 2-3 hits before showing herself. Why aren't we seeing nerf Leia threads.

As mentioned, this isn't a Rey problem, it's a "learn to play" problem or even more sensible a "I am noob" problem.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    just posted a link of the meta report bro. 8500 top 100 arena teams are listed there. 78 percent of those random 8500 teams use Rey. That isn't alarming to you at all bro? Are we supposed to wait till it hits 100 to realize it's a problem?

It's a phase, remember this this timeline: Sidious, Dooku, Fives, Old Ben ? Now Rey. And I think Anakin is on the edge of being the next meta...

• Zooey wrote: »
    Sun Fac, B2, Rex, and Anakin are all arguably stronger overall than Rey.

This easily in fact I'd say B2 is overpowered in terms of turn meter I hate b2 teams

One thing you're forgetting about Rey & I'm assuming you haven't faced a top 20 Rey yet, is that the more speed she had the weaker she really is. My Rey tops out at 203 but that damage is amazing! If I get lucky I can hit for 35-40k on her fury swipes.

But... What a lot of you folks are dis counting is the fact that armor plays a huge part in a room damage acceptance! If a toon has proper defense, it can take Rey ages to gun them down.

& this "but Rey has forsight" argument means naught! You waist an attack to remove it & hey presto, she falls super fast! The nerf Rey threads are actually l2p threads. Nothing new! If you weren't smart enough to get Rey in the beginning because you wanted your favourite toons, then no one is to blame for you struggling to deal with her. I can promise you, the minute you get AoE toons like Sid that plasters a dot on her, she hits just like any other toon if not worse. The only problem is there are so few arena toons that have the ability to paste a negative effect onto other toons & that's why Rey is a big threat.

Honestly, Leia is a much bigger threat than Rey will ever be, she goes invis before most have a chance to attack & she gets off 2 attacks with most often to none 2-3 hits before showing herself. Why aren't we seeing nerf Leia threads.

As mentioned, this isn't a Rey problem, it's a "learn to play" problem or even more sensible a "I am noob" problem.
    Wow.. I love the arrogance of the Internet sometimes. Hmm, a top 20 Rey? Wow, never seen that before, yeah sure bro that's so rare nowadays..
    Ive gotten #1 at my payout every day this week, but nah, haven't seen that elusive top 20 Rey yet..
    I do have my own Rey though! She is maxed! She has 218 speed. And deals 19k on her first leverage without any buffs... I still think she's over powered. Why? Because no one else comes close to her damage, no one else has foresight as often. And only one other person has more speed(Leia).

But anyways, let's get back to the stoopid comment you just posted. You're telling people to learn how to play because they think Rey is over powered? Then you go and complain about Leia? That sounds like derp logic to me. I'll tell you why you never see nerf Leia threads. Because she sucks.. If you're having trouble with Leia why don't you learn to play :)?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

Wow.. I love the arrogance of the Internet sometimes. Hmm, a top 20 Rey? Wow, never seen that before, yeah sure bro that's so rare nowadays..
    Ive gotten #1 at my payout every day this week, but nah, haven't seen that elusive top 20 Rey yet..
    I do have my own Rey though! She is maxed! She has 218 speed. And deals 19k on her first leverage without any buffs... I still think she's over powered. Why? Because no one else comes close to her damage, no one else has foresight as often. And only one other person has more speed(Leia).

But anyways, let's get back to the stoopid comment you just posted. You're telling people to learn how to play because they think Rey is over powered? Then you go and complain about Leia? That sounds like derp logic to me. I'll tell you why you never see nerf Leia threads. Because she sucks.. If you're having trouble with Leia why don't you learn to play :)?

Leia sucks? Wow did you just automatically failed this discussion.. Not that I use her in my arena team anymore but she certainly does not suck..

Ohw and while you are on the nerf-Rey-bandwagon, also nerf B2, OB, Sun Fac and Han because when I do lose those 1 out of 10 matches, they are the reason I lose. Since this topic and all other topics are being created because people lose to a team with Rey in it.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »

Leia sucks? Wow did you just automatically failed this discussion.. Not that I use her in my arena team anymore but she certainly does not suck..

Ohw and while you are on the nerf-Rey-bandwagon, also nerf B2, OB, Sun Fac and Han because when I do lose those 1 out of 10 matches, they are the reason I lose. Since this topic and all other topics are being created because people lose to a team with Rey in it.
    Lol I'm being trolled at 6 in the morning. Man what's happened to my life. Leia is exactly how this game should have some toons. She requires syngergy to be good. Unlike the goddess Rey. Why don't you and your buddy make a nerf Leia thread since you think she's too powerful?

Leia requires admiral ackbar to be useful, or toons that need to be attacked. Out of all the attackers guess what? Leia is behind Rey, GS, Anakin, and probably even FOTP, hell maybe even qui gon. Leia wastes a turn to stealth, to protect herself for no reason at all.. Her damage is COMPLETELY RNG based. She can be really good or really awful, she can hit 4K or 25k. That's awful in my mind. You can enjoy using her. I'll use my Rey and do 30k on flurry of blows, or 20k on leverage. Meanwhile my Genosian soldier can do 20k and call an assist. Now go ahead and tell me why Leia is good? Take admiral ackbar off the game and you'll never see Leia being used at all.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »

Lol I'm being trolled at 6 in the morning. Man what's happened to my life. Leia is exactly how this game should have some toons. She requires syngergy to be good. Unlike the goddess Rey. Why don't you and your buddy make a nerf Leia thread since you think she's too powerful?

Leia requires admiral ackbar to be useful, or toons that need to be attacked. Out of all the attackers guess what? Leia is behind Rey, GS, Anakin, and probably even FOTP, hell maybe even qui gon. Leia wastes a turn to stealth, to protect herself for no reason at all.. Her damage is COMPLETELY RNG based. She can be really good or really awful, she can hit 4K or 25k. That's awful in my mind. You can enjoy using her. I'll use my Rey and do 30k on flurry of blows, or 20k on leverage. Meanwhile my Genosian soldier can do 20k and call an assist. Now go ahead and tell me why Leia is good? Take admiral ackbar off the game and you'll never see Leia being used at all.

Rey is usually my second or even third target when attacking. Place a detriment on her of any type and her damage is junk. Anakin goes first, then QGJ, then Rey, when they are on the same team. Rey is fine. She is on every team, because so many other toons are broken, or people can't afford to level, gear, and try new toons, unless they pay. People also tend to be lemmings, following the leader, that's why you see so many.
  • Let's get this straight - Rey is not OP because she can't be beaten. Rey is OP because she can be used in almost any team regardless of synergy and does huge damage with excellent defence (i.e. instant foresight) before most other characters could possibly go.

That isn't to say she should be "nerfed" but when a toon is used in 4/5 teams there's a problem with the game balance. It's fine for her to be the powerhouse she is but she should rely on some form of synergy to do that, just like Leia is less useful without the right leader and jawa engineer or poggle are useless without a droid team.

Similarly there is an issue with QGJ being used in 3/4 of teams but not for quite the same reasons - he is simply the only really viable dispeller and taunters are currently prevalent, though some may say his assist with damage boost makes his overall kit too powerful and could do with being synergised too.

So let's be sensible about this instead of the same handful of forum ragers getting in a big argument and name calling - calling something OP is not the same as wanting to nerf it; it is more a statement about poor game balance and should be addressed, not argued into oblivion to be ignored.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    LordRath wrote: »
    Place a detriment on her of any type and her damage is junk.
    I wouldnt call her damage "junk" with a detriment on her, only 20% less offence than without that detriment.
    I dont know it that translate into 20% less damage exactly, those stat conversions are abracadabra to me, but she still packs quite a punch.
    that said, i dont take her out first very often. Usually QGJ and Anakin first, or even RG if the enemy has 2 taunters. I've been taking out Rey last on occasion, just for shts and giggles. AI is pretty bad, you can get away with almost anything on offence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Let's get this straight - Rey is not OP because she can't be beaten. Rey is OP because she can be used in almost any team regardless of synergy and does huge damage with excellent defence (i.e. instant foresight) before most other characters could possibly go.

That isn't to say she should be "nerfed" but when a toon is used in 4/5 teams there's a problem with the game balance. It's fine for her to be the powerhouse she is but she should rely on some form of synergy to do that, just like Leia is less useful without the right leader and jawa engineer or poggle are useless without a droid team.

Similarly there is an issue with QGJ being used in 3/4 of teams but not for quite the same reasons - he is simply the only really viable dispeller and taunters are currently prevalent, though some may say his assist with damage boost makes his overall kit too powerful and could do with being synergised too.

So let's be sensible about this instead of the same handful of forum ragers getting in a big argument and name calling - calling something OP is not the same as wanting to nerf it; it is more a statement about poor game balance and should be addressed, not argued into oblivion to be ignored.

Once again, frequency often has nothing to do with being OP. Most people are FTP, and don't have the money to expand teams and experiment. Resources being as difficult to get as they are. Additionally as I stated, people are lemmings. You could remove QGJ and Rey from the game, and guess what? Yep, everyone would still use the same toons. I disagree with your comments. And if you do synergism skills, guess what? Yep, people will just follow the leader. Unless every toon is EXACTLY the same,my here will always be meta (most effective team available), and people will follow the leader.
  • LordRath wrote: »
    Let's get this straight - Rey is not OP because she can't be beaten. Rey is OP because she can be used in almost any team regardless of synergy and does huge damage with excellent defence (i.e. instant foresight) before most other characters could possibly go.

Once again, frequency often has nothing to do with being OP. Most people are FTP, and don't have the money to expand teams and experiment. Resources being as difficult to get as they are. Additionally as I stated, people are lemmings. You could remove QGJ and Rey from the game, and guess what? Yep, everyone would still use the same toons. I disagree with your comments. And if you do synergism skills, guess what? Yep, people will just follow the leader. Unless every toon is EXACTLY the same,my here will always be meta (most effective team available), and people will follow the leader.

Keeping in mind that Rey is a long grind to max and QGJ is only in the slowest to earn shipment, people have gone through quite some effort to get those toons - that's a good sign that they are 'must have' because they are OP. Enforce synergy around the OP toons and people will have to choose between Rey and QGJ and RG or whoever else instead of just lumping together whatever the most powerful characters are in one big powerful team. It'd sure as heck quieten all the OP/nerf callers if you had to use Finn, Poe, RP and RT to have Rey so powerful.

So, let's stop with the trying to shut down discussion and have reasonable debate about what people complain about.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    @EscapeArtist51 And to be completely honest with you, i actually need Rey. Because right now, there has been a Sun Fac/Anakin/Ct5s xx xx infusion of teams and i don't know what to use to beat those. We need more f2p really hard hitters like Rey.

Droids are great against high HP toons. Use droids.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    LordRath wrote: »

Keeping in mind that Rey is a long grind to max and QGJ is only in the slowest to earn shipment, people have gone through quite some effort to get those toons - that's a good sign that they are 'must have' because they are OP. Enforce synergy around the OP toons and people will have to choose between Rey and QGJ and RG or whoever else instead of just lumping together whatever the most powerful characters are in one big powerful team. It'd sure as heck quieten all the OP/nerf callers if you had to use Finn, Poe, RP and RT to have Rey so powerful.

So, let's stop with the trying to shut down discussion and have reasonable debate about what people complain about.

Seems you are trying to shut down conversation, not me. I'm adding my perspective .
  • Rey is way too weak. She absolutely needs a stonger health steal, team healing abilities, and health up to her team. And she could use protection up or a protection bonus as well. And the other thread about giving her Dooku's counter--absolute genius. Her damage is so low she needs the extra counters to keep pace with the other characters. Crits aren't really crits at all; they are more like a water balloon. A big splash, but she's nothing more than mildly irritating.

She's one of the weakest characters. She's good for nothing other than to take up space on the roster and waste mods. Please buff her ASAP. Make her at least somewhat relevant to the game, for crying out loud.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Rey is not on 78% of teams because she is overpowered, she is popular because she is farmable and has good damage. If you use a tank (like most do) you need a high damage char to offset the lack of DPS.

Nerf Rey, and everyone will replace her with the single best next option (either Leia or GS). Will those chars be OP too simply because everyone uses them?

• Kracken
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    High damage and easy to obtain does not equal OP, it equals frequent.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Overpowered is a synergy : HK47 lead, Java Engineer special , both in droid team.
  • Daker wrote: »
    Rey is not on 78% of teams because she is overpowered, she is popular because she is farmable and has good damage. If you use a tank (like most do) you need a high damage char to offset the lack of DPS.

Nerf Rey, and everyone will replace her with the single best next option (either Leia or GS). Will those chars be OP too simply because everyone uses them?

lol farmable? She's only on hard missions (and occasionally guild store). Thing is, without Rey being so strong, there is no next best option - there are several, as even you say Leia OR gs.
    Tomek wrote: »
    Overpowered is a synergy : HK47 lead, Java Engineer special , both in droid team.

Nothing wrong with that - you need an entire squad synergised to get that sort of power. Rey in any team is not synergy and reduces strategic squad composition.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    What about Jedi Anakin. Now he is overpowered !