Restarting the game?

I started playing the game back in January and took about 4-6 weeks off and then I came back to the game around the time leia became farmable. I have a good squad but I'm stuck around arena rank 900-700.

Would it be worth it to start a new acc so I can at least break rank 100 or possibly top 10?

Replies

• Nope, not ever a good idea. All you need to do is keep farming and focus on a better team.
  • Daker
    109 posts Member
    Why not just build on what you have? You may have to play catch up a little, but things in the game keep changing so fast that you will eventually catch up. For example, Anakin was recently buffed and many are now farming him to use as leader. I would just keep going.
  • You'll get better eventually. The top people aren't getting any stronger. They're probably already maxed out. Now it's just a matter of getting to where they are.
  • I guess it depends on what you mean by "good." How much time/work would you lose by starting over? Who are your top 5?
  • People used to ask this a lot in the first few months.

Starting over is completely pointless. Even if you have zero of the toons you actually want to play with, you are in a much better position to actually get the toons you want now compared to the beginning of the game.
    Starting over means you have less energy per crystal refresh, no access to gw in the beginning or many other game modes, less toons to work with, Fewer nodes to farm the gear or shards you want.
    Especially now that almost all toons are needed between raids and mod challenges.
    Just keep playing, there is no benefit at all to startIng over.
  • I guess it depends on what you mean by "good." How much time/work would you lose by starting over? Who are your top 5?

well I have a pretty solid top five:
    I run AA(L) 6* gear 7
    Leia 6* gear 8
    STH 6* gear 8
    Luke 7* gear 8
    And Lando or lumi 7* gear 7

It's a great arena group but I'm a few gear levels behind plus all the crazy mods people have. I'm working on Jawas now to try and get crit dam mods along with health mods.

As for everyone else thanks for the advice. Just a little discouraged that I haven't broke arena 500 yet and I lose to GW 12 node a majority of the time. . .
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Like others have said, just work on improving your roster and maybe deepening it. I don't think starting over will help.

For me, getting to Level 80 was great because I no longer had to worry about leveling up and now I am just working on improving the quality of my roster (although I am still nowhere near having all the toons I want up to level 80 and geared up).

If I was forced to start over, honestly, I doubt I would be willing to re-invest all the time and resources I have put into it already.

Right now you are already in a much better spot than where you would be if you started over.
  • Ghobis
    60 posts Member
    I too had an old account, and pondered starting over as you are now because I took some time off.
    I know when I started over, I was placed into a shard where most accounts were pretty much brand new. I don't know if this always happens, but I loved it. Arena for me is one of the more fun aspects of the game and I enjoyed being on an equal starting point again. Although I now had the know-how there were still whales...BUT they didn't quite have the same grasp on the game as I had. So their amount of characters vs my knowledge made for quite an interesting challenge.. =)
    Consequently, I've remained in top 10 arena rankings for quite some time. As an F2P player, this has made a dramatic difference for me. Honestly, getting to level 40 and unlocking galactic war takes no time at all, I was actually pretty amazed how fast it was. Bottom line for me... even though you are essentially giving up all your hard work on your other account, for me that feeling quickly faded and I have thoroughly enjoyed starting over.
  • I think ChefHaze said it best. Use the team you have now to farm the toons you want. You do have a decent top 5. You will probably want to split your cantina energy between cantina battles and mod battles in order to do that.

If you read the threads, there are a lot of people having problem beating GW node 12 (me included) since they made some tweaks and added the mods.

Also, make sure you are in a Guild where you can participate in the raids. You get gear and guild credits which you can use to build up your characters (including your Luke). Furthermore, if you start over and join a guild (I think you have to be level 20?), the lack of energy that ChefHaze mentioned will affect your support of your Guild's daily challenges and that will affect Guild credit payout.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Troop22 wrote: »
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "good." How much time/work would you lose by starting over? Who are your top 5?

well I have a pretty solid top five:
    I run AA(L) 6* gear 7
    Leia 6* gear 8
    STH 6* gear 8
    Luke 7* gear 8
    And Lando or lumi 7* gear 7

It's a great arena group but I'm a few gear levels behind plus all the crazy mods people have. I'm working on Jawas now to try and get crit dam mods along with health mods.

As for everyone else thanks for the advice. Just a little discouraged that I haven't broke arena 500 yet and I lose to GW 12 node a majority of the time. . .

I could see why you are considering it. I'm going to go contrary to other opinions here and say do it. Start over. Or at least play 2 accounts in parallel for a few weeks to see how it goes. To get past g8, you need to either spend money or earn crystals. By far the best way to earn crystals is through a high Arena rank. If you are behind hundreds of people, it's going to be difficult to climb to the point where you are getting good Arena payouts. g7/8 is pretty easy to get to, so I don't think you are losing too much there and those gear levels can be easily replaced. The part where you will lose the most time is getting AA, Leia, and STH shards back up to current levels, since they all come from Arena.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    My eldest (who was off at college) also joined in January and also took off almost 2 months. He has farmed, joined our great guild and is now finishing in the top 50 in his shard, despite the lengthy break. If you are a dedicated daily player, you can "get back into the mix" with a few months of focus.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Yeah, keep what you have! This is an arms race. Restarting at 0 is the last thing you want to do.

You can do this!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Sweet thanks for the comments everyone! For right now I may play around with two accounts. I started the second account about two weeks ago and I'm already getting the arena payout as my primary account. . But I can't just let go of an account I've spent 4-5 months building
  • Save some crystals up from daily rewards and buy extra arena runs. I was in the same place as you. I took a big break then came back. The double runs every day will sky rocket your rank if you can beat the guys. If not farm till you can. I went from 1200 up to just under 200. Changed my squad a little more and 80 or so now. Stick it out