It comes to the point where you have to solo a phase to get top 10

Prev1

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully there will be no more Teebo-Dengar-esque characters in the next raid. Hopefully.
  • Options
    Its fun, we have more than a dozen people in our guild doing over 2 million from phase 1. Its a great feeling to be able to solo p1.
  • Options
    This is why I've always been a supporter of changing the raid rewards from the competition it currently is to damage thresholds. Any participation - tier 4 rewards. 300k - tier 3. 750k - tier 2. 1M+ - tier 1. ....Obviously, numbers to be adjusted based on whatever makes sense.

But this way anyone doing significant damage isn't getting screwed because the guy ahead of him did a whole 1 damage more,
  • FatalEdge66
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is why I've always been a supporter of changing the raid rewards from the competition it currently is to damage thresholds. Any participation - tier 4 rewards. 300k - tier 3. 750k - tier 2. 1M+ - tier 1. ....Obviously, numbers to be adjusted based on whatever makes sense.

But this way anyone doing significant damage isn't getting screwed because the guy ahead of him did a whole 1 damage more,

This makes way too much sense CG/EA would never do it for that reason alone.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    My guild's yesterday T7 raid needed 2kk for be in top10 and 1kk for be in top20. My result 3kk let me be 4th.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea it's annoying because the raid has become boring for me having to grind through those same pigs over over and over to rank high. I think on our last raid soloing p1 didn't even get you top 20 haha
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    I had to score 1.6 million just to make top 20.

Yeah...raid's broken. Hopefully the new one won't be.
  • Options
    I soloed T1 in our current raid and I'm not even in the top 10. 2.1M damage.

• Options
    What if you're one damage point below a million, and someone in your guild does a million? Then you are getting lower rewards than another guildmate because of one point difference. You can't eliminate that if there's anything other than equal participation rewards for everyone regardless of damage.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Your officers should put rules in to make it more fair
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    What if you're one damage point below a million, and someone in your guild does a million? Then you are getting lower rewards than another guildmate because of one point difference. You can't eliminate that if there's anything other than equal participation rewards for everyone regardless of damage.

But that other guy isn't taking your rewards away from you. At that point the only person you can blame is yourself for not getting to 1 million damage. Damage thresholds motivate guild members to try their hardest instead of throwing in whatever characters and hitting auto.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    But your guild mate scoring 1 point more would not be the cause of that. A damage tier system would eliminate competing directly with your guild mates and encourage more team play. Right now in our guild you can score 2 million and not even make top 20.
  • DathchaMeta
    140 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    djvita wrote: »

I'm the leader lol.

But im curious- what do you mean by 'fair'? We do a 0 damage period followed by 1 attack each... Are you proposing I restrict certain people or something to that effect? Im not sure whats fair about that. Im genuinely curious what you would do.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    But your guild mate scoring 1 point more would not be the cause of that. A damage tier system would eliminate competing directly with your guild mates and encourage more team play. Right now in our guild you can score 2 million and not even make top 20.

Yup. Our guild has a few heavy hitters with majority of players in the 100k or so area. We're a casual guild so we don't really mind a variance like this as we can still easily solo T7. But a damage tier system would be a lot more encouraging to the players in our guild doing so much damage. Rather then it seeming like an insurmountable task of beating the players doing so much more damage, they can now establish smaller goals of trying to get 200k, and 300k, and so on. Also, we wouldn't need to do player rotation at the top to try and spread the loot our a bit more. Heck, our top hitters have even volunteered of taking last place on purpose after taking 1st in order to give a few more people a bump into the next tier of rewards.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Need to break 3m to be top10 in the top guilds anymore.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'm the leader lol.

But im curious- what do you mean by 'fair'? We do a 0 damage period followed by 1 attack each... Are you proposing I restrict certain people or something to that effect? Im not sure whats fair about that. Im genuinely curious what you would do.

Yes in fact we have a red team and blue team
    Using swogh.gg we estimate damages also by tabulating previous rankings

One raid
    Red team does one attack in the first 12 hours, another after 12 hours (2 if you did not hit in the first 12) and after 24 hours zerg, use up all your squads
    Blue team does 0.
    next raid the other way around.
    This incentives mates to use their full squad, go all out and evens out rewards for all.
    This next week about 10 will be able to unlock han solo.

We also rotate phase one hitters so its not always the same people soloing phase 1.
  • Options
    Raiding is the most tedious thing ever. It takes forever to do this...

x5fRA01.jpg
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild is getting that way. 2 million and up for top 5, 1 million and up for top 10.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options

x5fRA01.jpg

That's insane.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Responding to thread title: may be time to look at guild rules of engagement for the raid. Like, You're only allowed to go use 3 of your best geared, other two are gear level 9 or lower.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

I'm the leader lol.

Yes in fact we have a red team and blue team
    Using swogh.gg we estimate damages also by tabulating previous rankings

One raid
    Red team does one attack in the first 12 hours, another after 12 hours (2 if you did not hit in the first 12) and after 24 hours zerg, use up all your squads
    Blue team does 0.
    next raid the other way around.
    This incentives mates to use their full squad, go all out and evens out rewards for all.
    This next week about 10 will be able to unlock han solo.

We also rotate phase one hitters so its not always the same people soloing phase 1.

I'll put that to my guys see what they say.. Maybe you're onto to something there, people at the top dont stay at the top and people at the bottom likewise. Thanks ;)
    Responding to thread title: may be time to look at guild rules of engagement for the raid. Like, You're only allowed to go use 3 of your best geared, other two are gear level 9 or lower.

You cant imagine how much trouble ive had finding a fair rule that everyone understands and no one exploits, in the end though soloing the phase is where we're at now for top 10 at least. And this was the 6am raid!
  • Options
    Better up your game.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

x5fRA01.jpg

That's insane.

thats a lower tier raid

like maybe 3

we did one for **** and giggles and I got just under 10mil because I got fed up and put it on auto once I reached p4 lol

t7 has much less hit points

• Options
    that's probably a t6,
    t7 soloing first 3 phase will only net you 8m ish
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

x5fRA01.jpg

That's insane.

thats a lower tier raid

like maybe 3

we did one for **** and giggles and I got just under 10mil because I got fed up and put it on auto once I reached p4 lol

t7 has much less hit points

No. It isn't. I joined it in progress already. Pigs were lik 5% from dead.
  • Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    that's probably a t6,

I believe it could have been a 6. Idk. I didn't start it.
  • DathchaMeta
    140 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    that's probably a t6,

Your Elder is 6*
  • Options
    that's probably a t6,

Your Elder is 6*

Yep. Though he could be a 7 if I felt he was worth the million creds lol
  • Options
    that's probably a t6,

Your Elder is 6*

Yep. Though he could be a 7 if I felt he was worth the million creds lol

it's 6 star meaning he couldnt have been in a t7 raid heh, heroic or t7 raid is only open to 7 star chars
  • Options
    I'm also in this guild, and the OP has a very fair point.

HOWEVER....as our guild leader has pointed out, we run a system whereby everyone does a 0 damage pass and get 12 hours from raid start time to do so. So, the upshot is that I get rewards from raids I may otherwise not even participate in, due to time zones.

I think our system is very fair, but I'm sure some of the points raised here will spark some internal discussion and perhaps some new ideas.