Character Strategy- Chief Nebit

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have hk, 88, and 86 all the same speed, at 138. It took a lot of scribbling to figure that out. Like playing sedoku.

I have JE at 210/250. Exactly enough to get full tm on my 138 droids. But I can boost je to 214/254 by swapping in a mod with lower protection, so that I can select droid order. With some overhead room, now i can swap one mod between two droids to set them to 139, 138, 137. That is not really necessary, though. Getting hk, 88, and 86 to go in that order is complete overkill against slower droids and phasma or dooku lead. Fill at the same time is better overall, in my arena.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    I have hk, 88, and 86 all the same speed, at 138. It took a lot of scribbling to figure that out. Like playing sedoku.

I have JE at 210/250. Exactly enough to get full tm on my 138 droids. But I can boost je to 214/254 by swapping in a mod with lower protection, so that I can select droid order. With some overhead room, now i can swap one mod between two droids to set them to 139, 138, 137. That is not really necessary, though. Getting hk, 88, and 86 to go in that order is complete overkill against slower droids and phasma or dooku lead. Fill at the same time is better overall, in my arena.

Sounds like a good setup. Yeah I notcied not having my 88 get completely filled left him open to getting stunned or badly damaged from a fast Rey or Ani going before him after my other droids have gone. Debating whether it was worth slowing him down or not. I had him at 179 before I tweaked him to 135 so he's almost completely filled.
  • Finally finished maxing Nebit. Not worried about the 15% dmg on basic omega. Also need to find a mk5 health set protection primary cross.

Pretty beefy with all protection mods. 72,267 hp/protection combined. Will eek a little more out with better mods.

Works great on my arena droid team. Running HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE.

image_zpsn8tpgclk.png

image_zpscre1d1uk.png

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Congrats! I bet ur matches are done in under 2 minutes on offense!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »

Sounds like a good setup. Yeah I notcied not having my 88 get completely filled left him open to getting stunned or badly damaged from a fast Rey or Ani going before him after my other droids have gone. Debating whether it was worth slowing him down or not. I had him at 179 before I tweaked him to 135 so he's almost completely filled.

179, that is insane! But probably a waste of speed mods. After first round droids are often starting from 50, so that is not doing too much.

If anything, I like 86 to bat cleanup. 88 is more reliable and versatile in that role. But...if 88 and hk have both gone, anyone going before 86 might be blocked. And 86 has a 50 percent chance of pulling a droid and instantly refilling assister TM. it is more rng, but I like it.

If 86 goes first and pulls a droid, it is a total waste of tm proc.

• I like having 86 go first. I know I am losing possible turn meter gain when he calls assist, and there is the possibility of screwing up order, but I like opening with that massive hit. If that first call assist doesn't finish the enemies main dps toon, the aoe follow ups from HK and 88 will finish them, even around RG.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Cool. My 86 needs some upgrades apparently. There is no dps he can finish on his best assist. Usually he just removes protection. At best he triggers RG! Our teams/opponents are just a bit differentoo, I suppose.

Removing a toon without triggering RG is my first goal. But my main problems in arena are han and clones.... so pretty i much like them all to fill at same time. And roll with total chaos rng turn order.
  • Usually I'm not worried about RGs taunt. I can almost always take out a toon whether it triggers or not.

Han is slow, I can usually kill a dps toon, and take out most of his protection/hp before he gets a turn. Also good chance to ability block him anyways.

Han and RG together aren't a problem either.

Rex lead Clone teams are the bane of my existence. Rex lead shuts JE down. Used to drop JE for RG before Nebit and still had to get great RNG to win. Now I will drop JE for 100 and see how that goes.

• CptCaveman wrote: »
    Finally finished maxing Nebit. Not worried about the 15% dmg on basic omega. Also need to find a mk5 health set protection primary cross.

Pretty beefy with all protection mods. 72,267 hp/protection combined. Will eek a little more out with better mods.

image_zpsn8tpgclk.png

image_zpscre1d1uk.png

So you think that going all protection mods is better than health for Nebit? I think that for tanks like RG protection is clearly the way to go, but Nebit's basic gives protection based on his health. Worth going health with Nebit instead?
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Finally finished maxing Nebit. Not worried about the 15% dmg on basic omega. Also need to find a mk5 health set protection primary cross.

image_zpsn8tpgclk.png

image_zpscre1d1uk.png

So you think that going all protection mods is better than health for Nebit? I think that for tanks like RG protection is clearly the way to go, but Nebit's basic gives protection based on his health. Worth going health with Nebit instead?
    Once you omega his abilities, he'll be able to only use his specials (as the cooldown reduce works for himself as well. Protection up is nice but both his specials are more powerful and should be used as often as possible. Considering that you'll only use his basic if he is ability blocked, it's just not worth the loss of protection

• CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    CptCaveman wrote: »

image_zpsn8tpgclk.png

image_zpscre1d1uk.png

Yup, protection is better than health. Even with his basic giving protection based on health, his heal over time, and JE healing based on his health, protection is still better.

Mk 5 protection primary gives 23.5% protection versus a mk 5 health primary which gives 5.88% health. So you are looking at 94% more protection or 23.52% health. Let's look at the numbers:

With four health primaries you are looking at:

23,388 health x 1.2352 = 28888 health plus 22151 protection for a total of 51,039.

With four protection primaries:

22,151 protection x 1.94 = 42972 protection plus 23,388 health for a total of 66,360

Nebits job on my droid squad is to soak up damage. The more damage he can soak, the better. I would rather have the protection.

His protection up on basic isn't really reliable, and he won't get to use it until third turn anyways, and match is decided by then, if he makes it to third turn. Also, if he has taunt up, extra protection on another toon isn't doing much, it may soak up a little dmg from aoes, but that's it. His has a heal over time that lasts three rounds when he taunts, but he won't usually make it three rounds past taunt and the heal isn't enough to make a difference.

This is all based on using him on my arena team though. If I didn't use him in arena, I might go more health for GW. But, with the heavy hitters in arena, he usually won't last long after he taunts unless he is dispelled. If he makes it to second turn it is a bonus and he can use his call assist.
  • Running 47, 88, B2, 86 and JE - wanting to replace 86 with Nebit. Thoughts? Currently I'm finishing in 1-3 before payout. I'd like to be rough on the defense.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Running 47, 88, B2, 86 and JE - wanting to replace 86 with Nebit. Thoughts? Currently I'm finishing in 1-3 before payout. I'd like to be rough on the defense.

I run the same team except 100 for B2. My plan is to sub Nebit for 100 for the first 4 battles and Nebit for 86 on the final one - unless I just really like the two tank team with all AoE...
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Running 47, 88, B2, 86 and JE - wanting to replace 86 with Nebit. Thoughts? Currently I'm finishing in 1-3 before payout. I'd like to be rough on the defense.

I run the same team except 100 for B2. My plan is to sub Nebit for 100 for the first 4 battles and Nebit for 86 on the final one - unless I just really like the two tank team with all AoE...

How is 100s damage and utility? I have him at S5 and wasn't impressed.
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    RyanRen wrote: »

How is 100s damage and utility? I have him at S5 and wasn't impressed.

I have him 7*/G8, and he's pretty good. I like the offense down debuff and turn meter reduction. Debuff sticks even when attack is evaded. He can wreak havoc in the right circumstances.
  • Ig-100 g10, aoe 4k, basic 7,5 - 8k. Whit hk-47 + his speed bonus + counter....always act
  • which toons would u use? ig100 and hk lead and JE. and the other toons? 86 and 88?
  • Best droid lineup
    Hk L, 88, gg, B2, je
    hk L, 88, gg, neibit, je
    Hk l, 88, 86, neibit, je
    Hk l, 88, 100, gg, je
  • For myself, 86 is the worst droid you can have.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Droids strength is 2-fold and u need both to succeed. JE to have them going 1st and aoe droids. If u run RG or 86 u r doing it wrong. HK(L) and 88 for sure. 100, B2, GG...pick any 2. Add in JE
  • do any of you see CN working well in a non droid team?

Im trying to come up with a solid enough but fun Nute led team. its just hard to find good stealth characters to go with Nute

I was thinking of Nute Liea CN Datcha JS. I just dont see the early, first turn, damage that is needed in pvp
  • Merkaba70 wrote: »
    do any of you see CN working well in a non droid team?

Im trying to come up with a solid enough but fun Nute led team. its just hard to find good stealth characters to go with Nute

I was thinking of Nute Liea CN Datcha JS. I just dont see the early, first turn, damage that is needed in pvp

I think you try this: CN, Datcha, JS, Leia (or Rey or GS), and JE. All the jawas go first, and your heavy hitter deals the knockout punch. Nebit taunts the on second turn while Dathcha, Leia, and JS are stealthed. It couldb interesting...
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Merkaba70 wrote: »
    do any of you see CN working well in a non droid team?

I think you try this: CN, Datcha, JS, Leia (or Rey or GS), and JE. All the jawas go first, and your heavy hitter deals the knockout punch. Nebit taunts the on second turn while Dathcha, Leia, and JS are stealthed. It couldb interesting...

Jawas are gaining the world!
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    Cool. My 86 needs some upgrades apparently. There is no dps he can finish on his best assist. Usually he just removes protection. At best he triggers RG! Our teams/opponents are just a bit differentoo, I suppose.

Removing a toon without triggering RG is my first goal. But my main problems in arena are han and clones.... so pretty i much like them all to fill at same time. And roll with total chaos rng turn order.

Just Alphastrike RG... JE Recalibrate, HK AoE, 88 AoE, 88 Single, 86 Assist, Nebit Assist -> RG dead with most other toons lacking protection. You'll take some damage, but you'll win easy, Nebit taunt on the 2nd turn, to reduce cooldowns and lock down damage away from the droids. If you lose a droid, rez with JE, if you lose JE they probably have lost anyway!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just Alphastrike RG... JE Recalibrate, HK AoE, 88 AoE, 88 Single, 86 Assist, Nebit Assist -> RG dead with most other toons lacking protection
    Wondering what gear you are?

I used to do the same thing, before end game. And before the armor fix. Now that I'm only a few stinkin pieces short of max gear and fighting max geared teams in the top of arena, .... RG dead in the opening salvo? Must be dreaming. RG the only tank? Must be dreaming. No counter attackers and/or Anni to deal with? Must be dreaming.

If you can remove RG's protection in the opening salvo, you're doing pretty good. And then Rey or Anni kills you. In my arena, you must hope to kill Anni or Rey, first. Before one of the dual tanks gets his taunt up.
  • I recently maxed Nebit and have been testing him out in GW. I typically run him with a full Jawa team on the easy nodes, but I've noticed his desert ambush special only seems to call one Jawa to assist. However, if I run him with 88 in the group, and 88 is called, a second ally will go as well.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I misunderstanding something about the ability?

(I didn't see anything about it in the bugs section, so I figured I check first before posting it as a bug)
  • Narmacil wrote: »
    I recently maxed Nebit and have been testing him out in GW. I typically run him with a full Jawa team on the easy nodes, but I've noticed his desert ambush special only seems to call one Jawa to assist. However, if I run him with 88 in the group, and 88 is called, a second ally will go as well.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I misunderstanding something about the ability?

(I didn't see anything about it in the bugs section, so I figured I check first before posting it as a bug)

I'm guessing you haven't read the description, where it says that if the assisting character is a droid it will call an additional assist.
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    For myself, 86 is the worst droid you can have.

Care to explain? He's one of the hardest-hitting characters in the game...I regularly get 15k+ crits with him, and he crits probably 95% of the time, if you have the right synergy in the squad.

One of the best squads in the game: HK-47 (L), 88, 86, Nebit, Jawa Engineer. By the time the other team gets a single turn you've removed at least one of their characters. I've taken down 3 characters before the other team gets a turn, and that's in a launch shard.
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    For myself, 86 is the worst droid you can have.

Care to explain? He's one of the hardest-hitting characters in the game...I regularly get 15k+ crits with him, and he crits probably 95% of the time, if you have the right synergy in the squad.

One of the best squads in the game: HK-47 (L), 88, 86, Nebit, Jawa Engineer. By the time the other team gets a single turn you've removed at least one of their characters. I've taken down 3 characters before the other team gets a turn, and that's in a launch shard.

Sure i'll explain myself. 15k crit + assist or 4k aoe (ig-100) + 30% tm down + one free hit (hk-47) + offence down. Gg 7k aoe+healing immunity+ mass health debuff (-50% health). Or B2 3.5k aoe buff imunity dispel + 1 free hit.

So no way, ig-86 he's hitting harder then the other droids.

But yes, whit the one-shot setup (the one you have) he shine..
  • Is Nebit useful outside of a Droid/Jawa team?

I have a new account and I'm wondering whether I should go with Poe, STHan, or Nebit for my tank.