My Game, My Choice, (I can't do Events\Challenges)

Attic
3 posts Member
edited August 2016
Once again a new event/challenge/feature is added that I cannot participate in. It doesn't matter that I have been here since the game began or have spent cash enjoying and leveling the characters I like because apparently.....this game wants to dictate to me what characters I have to spend valuable time and resources on.

You have made leveling characters very hard, complicated and time consuming...I accept that but to now force me to level other characters I don't have any interest in, to get more resources for the characters I actually want to play, is not going to make me spend more on the game, it is going to make me drop it for a game that does not dictate to me how I have to spend my time and game resources.

Characters should be the option of the player and your events/challenges should be playable across the board. The only thing that should keep me from being able to participate is the over all level I have worked toward. No matter what character it is on. I simply will not use energy or credits on characters I don't want to play. I can barely manage to level the 7-8 characters I do play without being expected to use those resources elsewhere.

Please rethink the character restrictions you keep adding to the game. No one has time to level 45 characters in anticipation of whatever new feature you add.

My Game, My Choice
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Your game, your choice, your rage quit... Bye!

& I personally think the fact that you HAVE TO expand your roster make the game more interesting. Thanks!
  • JinnNu
    71 posts Member
    The reward is not that great. You are not missing much.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I curious to what event you werent able to participate in, if you have been playing since the begin AND spend some money on the game.
    And honestly, your whole post seems a bit silly. Character restrictions for certain events are pretty normal for games.
    edit: and it isnt really your game. EA protects their intellectual property like a mother protects her child. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You have to think what the purpose of these limited roster events are for besides rewards. It's experimentation of characters you might have never even tried or glance at. For myself it was scoundrels and Ewoks. I would have never even bothered with them if it weren't for these events and have come to like Zam, Cad, Lando, and Elder Ewok
  • Attic
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This is not off topic, it is about the game but I can understand why it would be moved an buried.
    Your game, your choice, your rage quit... Bye!

& I personally think the fact that you HAVE TO expand your roster make the game more interesting. Thanks!

I don't rage quit games. Your response was a waste of time. Like expanding a roster.

JinnNu wrote: »
    The reward is not that great. You are not missing much.

I am thinking you are right there. I can get by without them but would like to see other options for people who do not have the time to spend on a bunch of different characters.
    leef wrote: »
    I curious to what event you werent able to participate in, if you have been playing since the begin AND spend some money on the game.
    And honestly, your whole post seems a bit silly. Character restrictions for certain events are pretty normal for games.
    edit: and it isnt really your game. EA protects their intellectual property like a mother protects her child. ;)

Character restrictions as part of leveling other characters is not a normal feature in games at all. My post can't really be that silly as this was a topic in the survey that was just sent out by the game. Others feel this way and even the devs are aware.

To answer your question, I have 8 characters that are high level that I have been working on since the start of the game and yes...it takes that long. You can go read some other posts even equipped with charts that demonstrate how much time it takes to level. I have three others on their way including Grevious who is maybe one of the most time consuming in the game. None of my characters include scoundrels or whatever category the Omega battles are restricted too. There are number of other areas requiring only Jedi or Jawas or Rebels etc , that are rewarding parts not specific to those category of characters but rather things all characters need. If you don't understand that, you have not been paying attention to the game you are playing.

This has ZERO to do with EA's intellectual property so I don't even know where a comment like that spawns from. Every company protects intellectual property so maybe it makes you feel smart to regurgitate a universal truth. This game I am playing, with the time I have spent, the money I have spent, the characters, the app I own and the phone it is on, are absolutely mine. Mine to play, mine not to play. Mine to comment on and have an opinion on. I don't want the game to force me to play characters I have no interest in playing. Its not that hard to understand.
  • I checked and it was mistakenly moved to "off topic" rather than "Events" by mistake.

Fixed. Sorry we ARE humans, well SOME of us. :|
  • No worries BentWookiee!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Attic wrote: »
    Character restrictions as part of leveling other characters is not a normal feature in games at all. My post can't really be that silly as this was a topic in the survey that was just sent out by the game. Others feel this way and even the devs are aware.

To answer your question, I have 8 characters that are high level that I have been working on since the start of the game and yes...it takes that long. You can go read some other posts even equipped with charts that demonstrate how much time it takes to level. I have three others on their way including Grevious who is maybe one of the most time consuming in the game. None of my characters include scoundrels or whatever category the Omega battles are restricted too. There are number of other areas requiring only Jedi or Jawas or Rebels etc , that are rewarding parts not specific to those category of characters but rather things all characters need. If you don't understand that, you have not been paying attention to the game you are playing.

This has ZERO to do with EA's intellectual property so I don't even know where a comment like that spawns from. Every company protects intellectual property so maybe it makes you feel smart to regurgitate a universal truth. This game I am playing, with the time I have spent, the money I have spent, the characters, the app I own and the phone it is on, are absolutely mine. Mine to play, mine not to play. Mine to comment on and have an opinion on. I don't want the game to force me to play characters I have no interest in playing. Its not that hard to understand.

I honestly dont know how to respond to this. You took that EA IP part a bit too serious, i'm just going to leave it at that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well, I think the problem is the cost of working on other characters. I'm fine with the amount of time and effort it takes collecting shards and gear for characters, but there's just not enough credits available to work on multiple characters..
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    Well, I think the problem is the cost of working on other characters. I'm fine with the amount of time and effort it takes collecting shards and gear for characters, but there's just not enough credits available to work on multiple characters..

Yes the cost is really the thing in the end. I want to spend my limited credits on the characters I have been working on and like the best. If the credits were more abundant , I agree, I would not mind the time as much.
  • You have to think what the purpose of these limited roster events are for besides rewards. It's experimentation of characters you might have never even tried or glance at. For myself it was scoundrels and Ewoks. I would have never even bothered with them if it weren't for these events and have come to like Zam, Cad, Lando, and Elder Ewok

+1
  • I can understand how you formed your opinion and I don't know why people get so uptight bcuz you expressed your opinion on a game in the games forum. I pay to play and do think the set up makes the game more interesting and fun but I can see your perspective. It's valid.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com