Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

Prev1345678
BigBoss
61 posts Member
edited January 2016
This guy is beyond atrocious I mean I can't believe how useless he is.

Wasn't this guy supposed to be 2nd to Yoda in terms of ability? Here I was expecting a master swordsman that is great on offence just as the lore goes instead he's been reduced to a tank. A tank? Not only that; a tank without a taunt. I currently have him at 6* and very high gear and honestly my nanna could hit harder then this guy. Smite NEVER works when you need it too(should be a much higher chance imo) and Heroic Sacrifice is completely useless. May as well have no unique ability at all.

The only way to have him 'somewhat' usable is by pairing him with Ima-Gun Di for the '2 turn defence boost' and 'counter-attacking' which makes him hit a little better but even then most of his stats are still very poor. I shouldn't have to pair him with either Poggle or Ima-Gun Di just to make him 'okay'.

Mace Windu is supposed to be an amazingly good fighter in SW lore so I'm honestly in shock to how underwhealming he is here. It just feels as though he was kinda put together at the last moment from mine. I still think there's time to bring him up to speed though. I'm not sure what they have planned for Yoda in the future; I hope he's a bit more impressive then his number 2 man.

Regardless here's some of my ideas to help the man;

Class: Jedi, Attacker. Tank is scrapped.

Invincible Assault: Damage boost, Double damage against Sith(Jedi in desperate need of this btw).

Smite: Changed to an AOE attack(only if Yoda doesn't gain one), Double damage against Sith, Dispels all buffs at a MUCH higher rate.

Vaapad: No changes it's fine as is.

Heroic Sacrifice: Replaced with counter attacking IF Smite stays the same, if Smite is turned into an 'AOE' make this ability a 'critical damage bonus ability' that boosts potency. Original ability scrapped & renamed completely it's terrible.

Honorable Mentions: Mace's health may need to be nerfed a tad in return for him becoming an attacker. Slight boost in speed. Big boost in potency. Physical Critical Rating buff.

To be honest I see 3 possible outcomes;

1# They buff the character

2# They completely redo him

3# They don't do anything at all

Again not trying to make him OP people, just trying to give him the respect he deserves is all and to bring him up to everyone else's level; or at least a big majority of them.

Fingers crossed somebody important out there is reading this thread.

--
Discussion of Mace Windu and the need to improve his stats/abilities.
Post edited by BigBoss on

Replies

• I have ima gun+mace and mace is really good.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I have ima gun+mace and mace is really good.

Facepalm-Meme-12.jpg
  • Thats pretty much the only way to make him any good though imo. Problem is it's too difficult to get Ima-Gun Di until late in the game. Very disappointed tbh.
  • BigBoss
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Um Didn't I mention Ima-Gun Di in my original post? lol
    Post edited by BigBoss on
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Mace is bad no matter who you pair him with. His crit with defense up is still bad.
  • Seeing as though Mace beats Sidious in the movies maybe they could add some kind of a damage boost against sith characters? His unique ability needs to be completely redone omg.

It's funny how certain charcters can have their taunt abilities work '100%' of the time like poe for instance but not debuffing type of abilities.

The game is really imbalanced imo. Needs a bit of work.
  • BigBoss wrote: »
    Seeing as though Mace beats Sidious in the movies maybe they could add some kind of a damage boost against sith characters? His unique ability needs to be completely redone omg.

It's funny how certain charcters can have their taunt abilities work '100%' of the time like poe for instance but not debuffing type of abilities.

Why do people think Mace beat Sidious? Sidious sent him out a window.
  • Sidious was as good as dead until emo boy saved him lol
    Sidious was as good as dead until emo boy saved him lol

The guy Sidious sent to get the Jedi's?
  • Getting off topic boy
  • Stan is that you??
    Getting off topic boy

OK son
  • elFlaco
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Mace is worthwhile for his leadership ability, imo. Currently running an all Jedi team with lumi, jc, offee and qgj. My healers benefit from the boost to offense.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    BigBoss wrote: »
    Seeing as though Mace beats Sidious in the movies maybe they could add some kind of a damage boost against sith characters? His unique ability needs to be completely redone omg.

Please not more of these comments, mace beat Sid in the duel, why mace got sent out of the windows had nothing to do with and happened well after the duel.
    George Lucas said it, every star wars fan said it, mace won.

Now let's get back to the real debate, how much garbage is mace in this game :smile:
  • I disagree Mace is just garbage....he's hot garbage. Lol

There's only two things he's good for, tank challenge and removing a taunt slightly sooner than Ventress would have though she's way more all around useful and is the only toon in the game with 5 attacks/abilities.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »

Please not more of these comments, mace beat Sid in the duel, why mace got sent out of the windows had nothing to do with and happened well after the duel.

Now let's get back to the real debate, how much garbage is mace in this game :smile:

The 5 Jedi that entered that room turned into 4 dead Jedi and a Sith. I don't think Mace won anything. He sure didn't accomplish what he tried to do.
  • I disagree Mace is just garbage....he's hot garbage. Lol

There's only two things he's good for, tank challenge and removing a taunt slightly sooner than Ventress would have though she's way more all around useful and is the only toon in the game with 5 attacks/abilities.

Thats about all he's good for I agree, surely they will have another look at him in the future. If they give him anti sith abilities that would help tremendously. His leader ability is okay but smite needs to be a much higher chance of working and his unique ability trashed and replaced with something more befitting of the man behind the legend haha
    I disagree Mace is just garbage....he's hot garbage. Lol

Thats about all he's good for I agree, surely they will have another look at him in the future. If they give him anti sith abilities that would help tremendously. His leader ability is okay but smite needs to be a much higher chance of working and his unique ability trashed and replaced with something more befitting of the man behind the legend haha

What might be good is if his debuff removing special became an AoE like Ventress has.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Welcome to the party. Already 20 threads on how bad Mace is.
  • Welcome to the party. Already 20 threads on how bad Mace is.

I know that but that's the point, if we whinge about it enough maybe they will do something about it.
    I disagree Mace is just garbage....he's hot garbage. Lol

What might be good is if his debuff removing special became an AoE like Ventress has.

Really like that idea too actually.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    FakeRobbo wrote: »

Mace disarmed Sidious and was the stronger duelist. At no point was Sidious in any real danger, as his Force Lightning was entirely overwhelming to Mace. This is stated by Mace himself in the movie and in the novelization.

Sidious laying on his back reminded me most of all of a cat on its back. That's not a sign of weakness. That's a counter attack waiting to happen.
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    Mace is bad no matter who you pair him with. His crit with defense up is still bad.

He is the best damaging hero in the Tank category with debuff capability. How is that not good? Just because he is Mace Windu doesnt mean he has to be OP in game just like Han/Rey/Poe/Phasma who are totally different in the movies and in game. TIE who had a few seconds of screen time becomes the highest overall damaging hero in game?
    What about Savage Opress? An attacker that deals less damage than a Tank? Yet nobody is asking for a buff on him because he is not in the movies and nobody cares.

Players opinion on Mace is full of bias as they want him to be like in the movies and can't see his usefulness. If he was the only hero that did not follow the movies then it is another story. But with so much randomness, I think it is unfair to constantly pick on Mace being useless.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well... Mace is in a purchaseable package for new players. I can understand why many would expect more.

Also, I'm really not convinced that Mace is the highest damage tank when you consider other factors such as damage exchange.

Any character with counter attack (such as Fives) makes it exceedingly difficult for the enemy to do more damage to you than you to them in the long run (and therefore helps evening out the damage exchange). This should be one important role for a tank.

Mace's special skill doesn't connect all that well and has few side benefits. Also, others (coughQGJcough) do exactly the same thing but considerably better.

In short, Mace may be without any clear weakness. But he doesn't excel at anything. Which is why we never see him in PVP.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Pros:
    - Samuel L Jackson

Cons:
    - slooooooooooow
    - Poor damage
    - Not tanky
    - Special sucks
    - Unique is horrible
  • Telaan wrote: »

He is the best damaging hero in the Tank category with debuff capability. How is that not good? Just because he is Mace Windu doesnt mean he has to be OP in game just like Han/Rey/Poe/Phasma who are totally different in the movies and in game. TIE who had a few seconds of screen time becomes the highest overall damaging hero in game?
    What about Savage Opress? An attacker that deals less damage than a Tank? Yet nobody is asking for a buff on him because he is not in the movies and nobody cares.

Players opinion on Mace is full of bias as they want him to be like in the movies and can't see his usefulness. If he was the only hero that did not follow the movies then it is another story. But with so much randomness, I think it is unfair to constantly pick on Mace being useless.

The idea isn't to make him OP at all though it's to bring him up to speed with mostly everyone else. I totally want all the unknown charcters to be hugely useful the problem is they aren't. Royal Guard is useless, Savage Opress is classed as an attacker but has health similar to a tank.

The game needs to try to make everyone usefull not just Dooku, Sidious, Phasma, Poe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Ckassifications are useless, tho. Not only for Savage Oppress. Nightsister Acolyte is a healer, yet she can't heal. While Luminara is an attacker, and has best healing in game
  • Your not wrong, they didn't really think about character classifications too much aye. Kinda feels like they were slapped on at the last minute tbh.
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Pros:
    - Samuel L Jackson

Cons:
    - slooooooooooow
    - Poor damage
    - Not tanky
    - Special sucks
    - Unique is horrible

-Slow is a good thing because he can debuff taunts. He has 47% Potency which helps.
    -High damage with defense up. One of the highest first skill damage in the game.
    -I think 14k hp is tanky enough.
    -Debuff is very useful against taunts.
    -Yes..unique is horrible because he doesnt die that easily.

I think all players are only looking at very end game content where everything dies in one two hits. But at lower levels Mace is very useful where Taunts actually make a difference and Mace is there to debuff it right away while the enemy is still attacking my Taunt. You cant say he is useless just because he su*** at end game. He does his job fairly well in early to mid game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Pros:
    - Samuel L Jackson

Cons:
    - slooooooooooow
    - Poor damage
    - Not tanky
    - Special sucks
    - Unique is horrible

-Slow is a good thing because he can debuff taunts. He has 47% Potency which helps.
    -High damage with defense up. One of the highest first skill damage in the game.
    -I think 14k hp is tanky enough.
    -Debuff is very useful against taunts.
    -Yes..unique is horrible because he doesnt die that easily.

I think all players are only looking at very end game content where everything dies in one two hits. But at lower levels Mace is very useful where Taunts actually make a difference and Mace is there to debuff it right away while the enemy is still attacking my Taunt. You cant say he is useless just because he su*** at end game. He does his job fairly well in early to mid game.

Chewie is good at early to mid game as well. But those levels go by very quickly and hardly justifies the expenditure of resources on a toon that will in, literally a matter of days, be somewhere between lol and garbage.

No matter how you pitch his speed, slow is bad. Only two things matter in this game currently: speed and damage. It's an unfortunate reality. The fact that mace has neither is only part of what makes him awful.

The unique is horrible because it's horrible. He's ridiculously easy to kill. If I see him I smile cause I know it's 4v5. Knowing that, I save him till last because he's zero threat. When he's the last to die, what benefit does his unique provide? Were he to have a taunt, maybe it'd be semi useful; since he'd be sure to get burned. But he doesn't so it's not.

The most common tank in the game is Poe. Poe had very high tenacity and will resist mace's smite 9 times out of 10. The same goes for most decently geared toons. The chance of resist vs the benefit gained by his ability makes it not worth the time and resources to level him.

The damage with defense up is not high. Not in a meta where all tanks but Poe are useless and the ability to down 2+ toons on the first round is not only possible but common and necessary. In the current meta there are some teams that would go 3-4 times before mace went once.

I appreciate that you like him. But he is absolutely awful at everything except the tank challenge.
  • Mace won against Sidious ... because ... Samuel Jackson