Character Strategy- Jawa Scavenger

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
Jawa Scavenger

7ittysiy002e.png

Versatile Jawa Support who can detonate Thermal Detonators to inflict a large variety of status effects.

Unlocks at 2 Stars (25 Shards)

Available from: Cantina Battle Shipments

Abilities

BASIC Attack:
  • Dismantle:
    Base: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 35% chance to inflict Offense Down for 1 turn. This chance is doubled against Droids. [Ability Upgrades Increase Damage, Debuff Chance, and Debuff Duration]

SPECIAL Attack:
  • Scrap Bomb
    Base: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and immediately detonate all Thermal Detonators with a 25% chance each to inflict Defense Down, Healing Immunity and Tenacity Down for 2 turns on detonated targets. [Ability Upgrades increase Damage and Bonus Effect Chance and reduce cooldown.]

rvgbhbrwbjs1.gif

UNIQUE Abilities:
  • Line in the Sand
    Base: Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 30% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns. Whenever Jawa Scavenger scores a Critical Hit, he gains Stealth for 1 turn.
  • Salvaged Equipment
    Base: At the end of each of his turns, if Jawa Scavenger is Stealthed, he has a 50% chance to give a random ally Defense Up for 1 turn, and a 50% chance to give a random ally Offense Up for 1 turn. [Ability Upgrades increase Defense & Offense Up Chance, Increase the duration of both buffs and increase the number of allies granted Offense & Defense Up.]

General Strategy

Maximizing Jawa Scavenger’s combat potential will be centered on managing the thermal detonators on the enemy targets. The base cooldown of his detonation ability is 4 turns (upgrades will reduce this by 1 turn) so taking advantage of opportune moments when high priority targets are inflicted with bombs will be a priority. His self-survival is enhanced by his ability to gain stealth and he extends some of these survival benefits through Defense Up to other allies.

Hero Synergies
  • Jawa Scavenger will have strong synergies with other Jawa units due to his First Unique Ability: Line in the Sand. This will allow him to fire off thermal detonators when Jawa units are damaged. This enhances the overall combat effectiveness of a Jawa team.
  • Due to his ability to detonate thermal detonators on multiple targets, he will have a strong synergy with other units capable of applying thermal detonators to their targets. (Jawa Engineer, Mob Enforcer, Greedo, etc.)
  • Finally, his general synergy is enhanced by his ability to provide allies of any faction both offensive and defensive buffs. This will help strengthen any non-Jawa members of your party.

Where to Use

The Jawa Scavenger is a great addition to any Jawa party, and will shine in our newest Raid: AAT where he can take on the Droid Army there.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Thank you for this write-up, @CG_Kozispoon . If I'm able to get lucky enough to get Jawa Engineer from the guild shipments, I'll have a full Jawa team! This will help. Nice formatting, too.

Curious as to how people have used their mods on him. I've been thinking speed so that his Salvage Equipment ability will proc more often. Potency seems nice as well for all his debuffs. Maybe 2 potency and 4 speed? I don't know!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    His stealth synergy makes him an ideal candidate for a stealth team:

Nute Gunray (L)
    Leia
    JS
    Aayla
    Fives

Thanks to his detonator mechanic, he makes Nute even better in this setup and allows for some heavy AoE damage and debuffs early-on.

This stealth team revolves around getting these 3 attackers stealthed, to force enemies to attack Fives and Aayla (Now available in cantina).

They will then fire away with increased crit chance and TM gain on crits.
  • Party time!!

[img][/img]image_zps2tgszmut.png
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I bounty hunt for jabba the hutt, to finance...my 'vette.
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    i chill in deep space
    A mask is over my face
    I deliver the prize
    But I still narrow my eyes
    cause my time I don't like to waste
    GET DOWN
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Also, good work on the jawas. Saw your posts in the jawa thread, good stuff sir. Im working on a similar goal at a much slower pace <3
  • Lol @ 456 mil credits... I guess there isn't a credit-crunch after all... x^D
  • Sikho wrote: »

Nute Gunray (L)
    Leia
    JS
    Aayla
    Fives

Thanks to his detonator mechanic, he makes Nute even better in this setup and allows for some heavy AoE damage and debuffs early-on.

This stealth team revolves around getting these 3 attackers stealthed, to force enemies to attack Fives and Aayla (Now available in cantina).

Good thoughts, I was wondering where you were going with Ayala and 5's.

Also, wish there was an easier way to differentiate between the Jawas. Yes, it'll get easier in time since there are subtle differences, but I'm lazy! Curse you, Mr. Lucas for their wardrobe uniformity.
  • Is line in the sand bugged? Just went through a the mod challenge and not a single thermal detonator was placed on an enemy. In five battles I find that to be the most ridiculously bad RNG ever.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Is line in the sand bugged? Just went through a the mod challenge and not a single thermal detonator was placed on an enemy. In five battles I find that to be the most ridiculously bad RNG ever.

Working fine for me. Keep in mind there's no animation, thermal just pops up on the enemy so easy to miss.
  • Sikho wrote: »

Nute Gunray (L)
    Leia
    JS
    Aayla
    Fives

But Ayla is not a tank, is squishy, and crits debuff her. So just add another tank like Nebit.
  • The attraction of Ayala and 5's is their counter ability. I don't have Ayala at an appropriate star level, so I am thinking Sun Fac would be excellent as well. Only real problem is Nute needs a ton of gear and his stealth only lasts one turn.
  • My only problem with Nute is I'm also running Leia and Nebit, so its slow starring them all up, and Nute is the squishist . Nute is easy to gear. Going for Fives is harder because you make way more on squad arena and GW - all points from Cantina energy go into Jawa Scavenger.
  • And Ayala has no counter, is not squishy, but gets debuffed once crit'ed against
  • If you can bring yourself to Omega Nute, his basic gets a strong chance to drop him into Stealth. Good RNG, maybe you can keep him there. I'm looking for ways to keep him viable...I wish his splash damage did a little more and the CD on his thermal was maybe one less than it is. Other than that, I like him...I have for awhile...but not enough to Omega him. Not yet. He works great with Zam, though...but she and Scavenger run counter to each other.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • RuySid
    38 posts Member
    And Ayala has no counter, is not squishy, but gets debuffed once crit'ed against

That's Ahsoka
  • RuySid wrote: »
    And Ayala has no counter, is not squishy, but gets debuffed once crit'ed against

That's Ahsoka

I got them mixed up.
  • My current Arena team consists of Sidious (Lead), Rey, Qui-Gon, Geonosian Soldier, Poggle.
    I have Dathcha and Jawa levelled up pretty high and recently acquired Scavenger, should I ditch my current team for a Jawa based squad? Or even replace one of my current characters with Jawa Scavenger?
  • I've been playing with an all Jawa team and i can tell you they are pretty weak.
  • If you want to test out a potential new arena squad, here's what you do. Wait until node 6, 9, 11, or 12 in GW, and don't use any of the characters on prior nodes so that they start with fresh turn meter. If they had the node that most closely compares to your arena competition, they are ready/viable to try.
  • I've been experimenting with JS and I'm liking a part jawa part droid team. Je modded with super speed gives you all the thermals you need for JS to get his scrap bomb off. You can get almost two thermals per enemy character before it's scrap time and everyone has debuffs. An 88 Aoe would kill here too.

Chief Nibbles lead, JS, JE, ig88, regular jawa. Je will always revive 88 if he's dead too.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • @JinSaotome Try B2 instead of IG88 and you'll be the ultimate anti-AoE squad
  • Nebit (l), 88, 86, JE and JS might be my fav team atm :)
  • davevaded wrote: »
    Nebit (l), 88, 86, JE and JS might be my fav team atm :)

Can you elaborate?
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    davevaded wrote: »
    Nebit (l), 88, 86, JE and JS might be my fav team atm :)

Can you elaborate?

Sure, the synergy between JS & JE (finally) makes up for all those JE thermal assists, and when Nebit taunts, JS's unique stacks thermals on those early hitters like Rey or QGJ.

JS's basic rarely misses, so he's either stacking that great offense down debuff (IG 88 always loves those too), or JS is ready for that AOE(which catches anyone with a therma). Nebit's double assist always works(& with increasing proficiency, as an arena match continues on, JE and JS are usually focused/killed first)....when Nebit calls 88 & 86 to assist, and then it's followed up with 86 calling 88, almost feels like cheating. :)

It's fun, it's fast and nearly every toons turn, helps the next one's.
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon

Ok, a question on scavenger that I cannot seem to find an answer too. I think I know the answer but want confirmation. Does his scrap bomb that he actually throws to detonate get a chance for applying negative status? Or only the detonators that are pre-applied?

And does it work for anyone's detonator? I.e. Greedo, Nute, etc.
    Post edited by EVRT on
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • Has anyone tried utilizing JS's Tenacity Down in Raids? This also require someone on your raid team have TD's, maybe Greedo because of his DPS, or JE for extra speediness?
  • Has anyone tried utilizing JS's Tenacity Down in Raids? This also require someone on your raid team have TD's, maybe Greedo because of his DPS, or JE for extra speediness?

That's exactly why I was asking the questions above! I was trying to determine if he can only get tenacity down with pre-applied detonators or with the one he throws. From testing it seems like it is only with pre-applied. And yes, I tested it with Greedo (not in raid yet, but in GW) and it works! Haven't gotten the balls to try it in raid yet because it would mean potentially giving up a top position.

I've also got Jawa almost to gear 9 so then I would replace 5s. JS would then get the chance to apply detonator if rancor double fist slams. Unfortunately my JE is not to 7* yet.

Anyway, I might test this matchup later in the week on a raid and I'll report back here on how it worked. Teebo lead, JS, QGJ, Jawa and Greedo
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • I have JS, and I used him with a scrub team in raid. I used scrap bomb after a his unique had placed detonator on Rancor. It landed tenacity down, but it's only 50% chance with a long cool down.