Cap at 70. Great! Now PVP is truly broken

Replies

• Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just watch until they fix Ackbar's leader ability, my rebel team will destroy them because then they will get the first turn.

Same can be said about QGJ's leadership, I doubt it will make any difference

And what if they don't fix it?

• Does every iteration of every top build have to make people freak out? Poe has been turn 1 for a few days. Can we see how things are playing out in about 2-3 weeks at least? Let's see what happens when we get to 70, more people build other variations of builds / teams, and see what other new heroes are introduced? If this build is still unmatched at that point maybe it's a true issue.

Seriously guys....how many times do we have to go through these themes of heroes / teams and have meltdowns? First it was...Barriss and OMG healers are breaking the game! Dooku...good grief we still get Dooku threads. Then when everyone still had Jedi teams before adjusting...meldowns about Sid and his dodge after the update. Then it was Leia...she multi-attacked so much before I could move! Then Phasma is making people claim she's OP with the procs when they get bad RNG. Now it's FOTP because he can do heavy damage...and of course the newly round 1 crowned Poe.

Just like all those past heroes and build iterations looked really OP at that give time - is it possible we just need to wait a bit more for the game to continue to develop, people to develop rosters, and things will open up naturally? Has everyone really explored all possible builds to truly say this is unbeatable? Most aren't at 70, yet presume that this is it.
  • Does every iteration of every top build have to make people freak out? Poe has been turn 1 for a few days. Can we see how things are playing out in about 2-3 weeks at least? Let's see what happens when we get to 70, more people build other variations of builds / teams, and see what other new heroes are introduced? If this build is still unmatched at that point maybe it's a true issue.

Seriously guys....how many times do we have to go through these themes of heroes / teams and have meltdowns? First it was...Barriss and OMG healers are breaking the game! Dooku...good grief we still get Dooku threads. Then when everyone still had Jedi teams before adjusting...meldowns about Sid and his dodge after the update. Then it was Leia...she multi-attacked so much before I could move! Then Phasma is making people claim she's OP with the procs when they get bad RNG. Now it's FOTP because he can do heavy damage...and of course the newly round 1 crowned Poe.

Just like all those past heroes and build iterations looked really OP at that give time - is it possible we just need to wait a bit more for the game to continue to develop, people to develop rosters, and things will open up naturally? Has everyone really explored all possible builds to truly say this is unbeatable? Most aren't at 70, yet presume that this is it.

Perfect.

It's not been two weeks from the level cap raise and we're already complaining.

I agree that some characters MAY BE OP, but we will just see it for sure by playing and developing on new teams. Perhaps then we'll have basis to justify a nerf.

Every single day at the end of last year and the begining of this people complained about Dooku. He wasn't nerfed and now almost no one thinks he is OP.

I'm F2P (for the truth sake, I have only bought a 7 day crystal subscription, that cost $5) and think we should wait a little.

• When the cap was at 60, Dooku and Leia are the only two characters who can go first in a match. With Dooku's stun ability and his first turn, no team is untouchable. You can always find a solution to any tough opponent.
    Now, however, it is no longer the case. With the cap at 70, a class of Super heroes have joined Dooku in the first turn lottery. Geo solider, Rey, Sid and
    Poe now all have the chance to go first in a match. Well, what's the consequence of this change? Possibilities have been eliminated. Balance is truly broken. This cap change along with the overpowering character design have created an untouchable team formation, which will force all the PVP players to build towards this ultimate combo:
    Sid lead
    Geo solider
    Poe
    Rey
    Leia or tie pilot or anyone for that matter

Why is this team is untouchable? Helped by Sid 's leadership and AOE, Rey and geo solider can easily one shot any characters with 11k health or less. That's 2 toons killed before anyone can act. 2/5 of your team is gone before you have a chance to consider what to do?

Even if you survive, you are still facing poe's taunt Leia and another wave of geo solider and Rey.

The geniuses at CG, I truly hope I am wrong about this. I hope you have considered this possibility when you decided to design these characters this way and cap it at 70. I hope there is at least one different build that can counter this team. Otherwise you know what's going to happen? we all race to get the same team and see who wins in the lottery of the first turn.

How fun!

You don't really come across much F2P games that are really balanced?

Anyways take pleasure because most p2w players quit at a deficit. We use game sharks when we were younger, sure we finished the game faster, but eventually once it's all done, did we really enjoy the game?
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Many players farm for months to obtain characters such as Sid, Poe and Geo and have a winning team. Some choose to spend thousands of $$$ to obtain FOTP and Rey. What is wrong about them dominating in arena?

Nothing is wrong with them dominating. Just imagine the top 30 teams in your server all have the same build. How fun will that be because that's exactly where we are heading if nothing changes.

They all have the same team now. They all had the same team a month ago. The top 20 will always be the comparatively most powerful and easily farmable characters, That will never ever change. Rey and FOTP are very tough grinds, you're not going to see a lot of them at 5+ stars
  • Im the only droid team in the top to low 200 norm beating teams 2k higher power it's funny as duuku then geo go first kills sid 4 v 5 adv to me
    If all goes well 88 hits get to go again kills dps and then Hk bombs get couple slows if he's lucky and I win,
    All I need now is keep staring them up, I havnt spent single drop on the game people take **** too seriously, it's a game enjoy it collect characters. If I got to number one that means there be no challenge and I'd stop playing.

Oh the time we waste
    Many players farm for months to obtain characters such as Sid, Poe and Geo and have a winning team. Some choose to spend thousands of $$$ to obtain FOTP and Rey. What is wrong about them dominating in arena?

Nothing is wrong with them dominating. Just imagine the top 30 teams in your server all have the same build. How fun will that be because that's exactly where we are heading if nothing changes.

But we're already there. Excluding the top 50, 95% of all teams use the exact same heroes.

This problem has been rampant since day one.

Anyone between rank 100 and 1000 has a 95% chance of having Sidious in it, an 85% chance of having Luminara in it and a 75% chance of having Phasma it it. Then you throw in Dooku, Kylo or Vader and that's 95% of all squads in the top 1000.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I think it's safe to say change is on it's way, with upcoming characters & content, some characters are highly overplayed while alot have never seen the light of day still sitting at level 1. I think the whole point of this game is synergie and dedication so as time goes on updates will come and balance will slowly pop it's head out of the water

Did I say anything about Poe being op? You have no idea of what I said and you just dismissed it as a freaking out post before you seriously consider the issue that I've raised is very real.

I never complained about any hero before and if you have read my post, I wasn't complaining about Poe either.

If you think we will find a solution when more people get to 70, you are dead wrong. Just because someone saw it sooner than you doesn't mean their concern is invalid.
  • Kaninchen wrote: »
    Does every iteration of every top build have to make people freak out? Poe has been turn 1 for a few days. Can we see how things are playing out in about 2-3 weeks at least? Let's see what happens when we get to 70, more people build other variations of builds / teams, and see what other new heroes are introduced? If this build is still unmatched at that point maybe it's a true issue.

Perfect.

It's not been two weeks from the level cap raise and we're already complaining.

I agree that some characters MAY BE OP, but we will just see it for sure by playing and developing on new teams. Perhaps then we'll have basis to justify a nerf.

Every single day at the end of last year and the begining of this people complained about Dooku. He wasn't nerfed and now almost no one thinks he is OP.

I'm F2P (for the truth sake, I have only bought a 7 day crystal subscription, that cost $5) and think we should wait a little.

Clearly you haven't experienced what I was talking about yet, and you opt to wait a little longer. Fine by me.

I suggest you start farming geo solider, Rey and Poe if you have not already and if you want to have a slight chance of winning in the PVP in the near future.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

• Waffles wrote: »
    When the cap was at 60, Dooku and Leia are the only two characters who can go first in a match. With Dooku's stun ability and his first turn, no team is untouchable. You can always find a solution to any tough opponent.
    Now, however, it is no longer the case. With the cap at 70, a class of Super heroes have joined Dooku in the first turn lottery. Geo solider, Rey, Sid and
    Poe now all have the chance to go first in a match. Well, what's the consequence of this change? Possibilities have been eliminated. Balance is truly broken. This cap change along with the overpowering character design have created an untouchable team formation, which will force all the PVP players to build towards this ultimate combo:
    Sid lead
    Geo solider
    Poe
    Rey
    Leia or tie pilot or anyone for that matter

Why is this team is untouchable? Helped by Sid 's leadership and AOE, Rey and geo solider can easily one shot any characters with 11k health or less. That's 2 toons killed before anyone can act. 2/5 of your team is gone before you have a chance to consider what to do?

Even if you survive, you are still facing poe's taunt Leia and another wave of geo solider and Rey.

The geniuses at CG, I truly hope I am wrong about this. I hope you have considered this possibility when you decided to design these characters this way and cap it at 70. I hope there is at least one different build that can counter this team. Otherwise you know what's going to happen? we all race to get the same team and see who wins in the lottery of the first turn.

How fun!

You don't really come across much F2P games that are really balanced?

Anyways take pleasure because most p2w players quit at a deficit. We use game sharks when we were younger, sure we finished the game faster, but eventually once it's all done, did we really enjoy the game?

Sorry, that's not what I was talking about.

They all have the same team now. They all had the same team a month ago. The top 20 will always be the comparatively most powerful and easily farmable characters, That will never ever change. Rey and FOTP are very tough grinds, you're not going to see a lot of them at 5+ stars

I'm perfect fine with the meta before the cap is raised. This is different totally. At least the meta before has some variety. Soon you will see all the competitive teams have the same 4 heroes out of these five Sid Rey Poe phasma and geo. and whoever wins depends on entirely who goes first. If you think our servers being filled with Sid is bad, just wait till a few weeks, they will be filled with the exact same teams.

• By the time lots of ppl get to that op setup, there will be cap 80 that will change again the meta and so on and so on and so on...

Dont stress out anticipating things... Play your game get the team you think serves you best and dont be so freakishly impatient... The game is supposed to go at leat to lvl 100...

So get a wide roaster because you never know what your end game team (@lvl 100) will be! Some characters now might become much more powerful. And there will also be addition of new characters down the road.

To sum up, play the game and stop worrying
  • If you ignore the fact that almost all the teams at the top of my server have Poe in them, there is actually quite a bit of diversity. We have droid teams, FOO teams and Sid Lumi F2P type of teams. Of course the P2P guys are there too with their 7* Leias and QGJ but there is still lots of diversity there (-Poe being on most teams haha)
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I feel for you @Metschina123, you're fighting an uphill battle, part of why I have stopped creating posts, only commenting now. I see and understand your view, unfortunately, most will not hear you out and in the end, you'll be deemed a whiner or that you need to spend more money and talk less.

IAP as it stands today creates the drama we see here in the forum today when pricing is imbalanced like this. Companies will tell you that this was created to combat piracy, but it doesn't justify the end result....
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    By the time lots of ppl get to that op setup, there will be cap 80 that will change again the meta and so on and so on and so on...

Dont stress out anticipating things... Play your game get the team you think serves you best and dont be so freakishly impatient... The game is supposed to go at leat to lvl 100...

So get a wide roaster because you never know what your end game team (@lvl 100) will be! Some characters now might become much more powerful. And there will also be addition of new characters down the road.

To sum up, play the game and stop worrying

What am I worrying about a game for? The worst thing that could happen is what That i stop playing.

This is a petition for some seriously needed change before it becomes a first turn lottery for everyone. It probably hasn't happened yet in your server but it's already happening in mine.

Every day the top ten in my server is decided mainly by the randomness of starting order. There is no strategy, there is no joy. Wouldn't you voice your concern if you are in the same situation?

Maybe this is a warning too far ahead for most of you to see. When you get to the same spot I'm in,
    I just hope it won't be too late for changes as I see many regulars in my servers have already stopped showing up.

Good games get ruined all the time when they don't listen to players concerns. I sincerely hope that is not the case here.

• I feel for you @Metschina123, you're fighting an uphill battle, part of why I have stopped creating posts, only commenting now. I see and understand your view, unfortunately, most will not hear you out and in the end, you'll be deemed a whiner or that you need to spend more money and talk less.

IAP as it stands today creates the drama we see here in the forum today when pricing is imbalanced like this. Companies will tell you that this was created to combat piracy, but it doesn't justify the end result....

Thanks for the support!You are clearly one of the few here who understood what I'm talking about. As most of them are still far too behind to see the problem, I just want to raise the issue early enough and hope it would catch someone 's attention at CG. I hope they do something about it before the majority of players lose interest when this problem becomes too evident.

I understand that this post will be dissed as another whining thread by a lot of people because the forum is filled with them. I want to make the effort nevertheless.

• If you ignore the fact that almost all the teams at the top of my server have Poe in them, there is actually quite a bit of diversity. We have droid teams, FOO teams and Sid Lumi F2P type of teams. Of course the P2P guys are there too with their 7* Leias and QGJ but there is still lots of diversity there (-Poe being on most teams haha)

The problem is way beyond Poe now my friend. Believe me Poe I can handle, I have an epic Poe myself. You will know what I am talking about when you run into a few teams that even the best Poe can't give you any chance of winning.

The problem is way beyond Poe now my friend. Believe me Poe I can handle, I have an epic Poe myself. You will know what I am talking about when you run into a few teams that even the best Poe can't give you any chance of winning.
    Like what? Guys in my server have most p2p toons at 7* and I haven't seen any that match what you're describing. That's not to say I don't believe such a team exist, I must just be ignorant as to what you're talking about.

I know the real issue isn't Poe but more of high speed/high DPS toons if that's what you mean. At least that's what I think the real issue is.
  • Speed is broken in a game where people can be one shot. Load up on fast characters and you win. Game is losing its appeal because only speed matters.
  • That Poe RNG is sick man lol. My Lumi and Sid are always dead before I can even make a move lol.

But Whales have a healthy lead over ftp and low spenders now. I'm grateful that I was able to stay in 1st for a month but the whales got me now. Haha
  • Lol those guys are weak, I'm at squad 1st place and I take those guys out a lot. The princess dies 2-3 shots and tie pilot is just as weak. Get a dooku and daka to stun!!! Glad I can help, scroll to 1st in arena battles to find me, good luck
  • Huh, the game is far too new. Hell, I've been doing great (finish GW every day, been ranking in the top 10 lately, usually 2-4) started the day of the global launch. But guess what. I have one viable team at the moment. I tried a resistance team, but without everyone 6* plus it was like **** in the wind. Still working on some of that (Poe and Finn will be 6* tomorrow, Resistance trooper lol, never, got a half baked Droid team with 4* Poggle/HK/IGs) but that will take time.

Meanwhile the level cap got raised and all progress was halted to refocus on my main 7 (because I need two different toons in GW from Arena, even at 3* Dooku rocks in GW paired with Poe and Jedi Consular). It will be like that until my arena team is maxed, level 70, fully geared. Only then can I start to bring something else up to that point.

Frankly the drops are so poor we cannot compete while working on side projects. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. We don't have variety because there is no time to branch out and be competitive. When you spend 100+ crystals and 240 energy for two purple gear drops, there is no variety. No chance to have variety

The sad thing is the change to GW makes it so that variety is useless. Take the main team all the way to the end, don't open with a double-stun, reload and pick a different target. Everyone else is useless to build after they are leveled enough to survive an opening Sid salvo. That's all you need for a suicide squad as the opponents seem to self-heal as fast as a B-team can damage them.
  • Lol those guys are weak, I'm at squad 1st place and I take those guys out a lot. The princess dies 2-3 shots and tie pilot is just as weak. Get a dooku and daka to stun!!! Glad I can help, scroll to 1st in arena battles to find me, good luck

Uh huh
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I didnt see a team yet like OP described. Currently at level 62.
    Getting a poe yourself really helps. When your poe goes first he knocks of 25% of the opponents turn meter. Then all your heroes go first and you can maybe take out a squishy or injure their poe.

"Poe is not OP because everybody can get his own" is like saying "nuclear weapons aren't OP because everybody can have them"
  • Wait for the update, there will be buffs and nerfs(Poe) so it will all change then
  • Clearly you haven't experienced what I was talking about yet, and you opt to wait a little longer. Fine by me.

I suggest you start farming geo solider, Rey and Poe if you have not already and if you want to have a slight chance of winning in the PVP in the near future.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Maybe you are right, and for sure EA needs to balance the game again. But maybe that won't come by nerfing Poe, but adding new funcionalities, characters, skills, buffs, etc.. I see this team would be hard to beat, but of course there'll always be some chars combinations that will work best, and players will see that and start developing new groups, until something new comes, unbalaces the game, and so on.

Again, I don't disagree that the game still needs balancing, but balancing can come by a numerous kind of ways. So, given your and many players opinion (that for sure is being seeing by EA), let's see what comes.

I just don't see why people are so dramatic like the post title: "Cap at 70. Great! Now PVP is truly broken".
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    wait, so in an meta where only dooku goes first, everything is fine. But in a meta where multiple characters can go first, the meta is bad....

Seems opposite to me.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Look, when you succeed in bringing a few chars down is when they have new packs with new "op" chars. So what is the point? Just wait and see I guess.

Not a thing wrong at all. Rey is very pesky and hard to kill. The advice of having your own Poe and Rey are the wisest option.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct