GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• The gap between new and old players shouldn't be any different from launch. A new server is probably opened multiple times a week to accommodate the influx of new players. The players in a server (or shard) should have started around the same time.
  • Sippycup wrote: »
    The gap between new and old players shouldn't be any different from launch. A new server is probably opened multiple times a week to accommodate the influx of new players. The players in a server (or shard) should have started around the same time.

You say should and I agree. Not my experience though.
  • Sippycup wrote: »
    The gap between new and old players shouldn't be any different from launch. A new server is probably opened multiple times a week to accommodate the influx of new players. The players in a server (or shard) should have started around the same time.

Not sure about that , I have more than one account and they're on different server (created at the same timeline)
  • Did something change about the way Shipments work?
    For me it seems like they're automatically updating every 6 hours, whether I'm in game or not.
    Previously the new 6hr time didn't start until I opened up a Shipment window in game after the previous 6hr timer had elapsed. Or so I thought.
  • LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    Geddre wrote: »
    I was disappointed at how quickly the level cap raise came after release. I started playing on Nov 29, haven't missed a single day of completing daily activities, and have had few periods where energy built up to the point I was losing it.

I hit 60 yesterday.

If that kind of time investment can only barely keep me ahead of the level limit, I'll have to reevaluate whether or not this game is intended for people like me. This has been a tremendous time investment for someone with a job and a family. I was really looking forward to finally getting to spend some time leveling the 20+ characters I have benched. But now I've got another month of grinding the same 7 or 8 characters I need just to keep up with arena and GW. I've got level 1 Old Ben, Poggle, QGJ, Leia, Boba Fett, and Kylo that I can't do anything with (pulled those last two 2 days ago at the same time! Talk about luck.)

If this is a one time deal and the next level cap raise will take several months, then I retract my complaint. But if we're going to have to grind out 10 more levels every 50 days, that doesn't sound fun. Give me a change to level this horde of awesome characters I've been lucky enough to pull.

Your a liar

Excuse you?
  • Hahaha, never mind. I just went and read this clown's other posts. I'll take it as a compliment that he questions... whatever it is he questions. Spend more time crying about not being able to beat basic characters like Phasma.
  • Galactic War becomes impossible to beat for FTP players with this update. Would you mind lowering the difficulty of the opposing teams EA? Thx.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I thought that the bug which allows Barriss Offee to ignore healing immunity was supposed to have been fixed. Can't express how many battles and galactic wars would have had a different outcome. This is crazy to not be able to use abilities because they mean nothing when an opponent has her.

Do you mean "totally ignored" or only the second step of the skill?

That's not a bug. It's because of her healing skill.
    "All allies have their current Health percentages equalized."
    "Then, each ally recovers 12.5% of their Max Health."
    When you only attack one toon an it's low, her heal takes all the health from every toon together and divides it and after that, everybody has the average team health.
    After that there comes the actual "usual" 12,5% healing and this will be ignored. (I guess)
    Because of that it look's like she's ignoring the debuff.
  • I was totally unaware of the retreat option to begin with, and played fairly anyways. So no harm done for me. But would've been easier before if I'd known bout it lol. Oh well.
  • I was totally unaware of the retreat option to begin with, and played fairly anyways. So no harm done for me. But would've been easier before if I'd known bout it lol. Oh well.

I asked earlier, however it seems so many people are either so wrapped up in themselves or simply want to whine, that nobody cares about newbie questions.

My question was; Where is and how does the retreat option work. Or is it now entirely wiped.
  • Add Yoda, StarKiller (Darth vaders apprentic), jar jar binks
  • Really enjoying the game overall. Holds value in allowing us to have a fun experience and occasionally challenging.

I like the new shard addition for Bariss, but I can't help but disagree with changing the retreat option in Galactic War. It was a great battle of strategy that is now completely changed, and it has removed a previously very enjoyable component of the game.

This coupled with the raised level cap(which isn't necessarily a bad thing), makes it difficult to continue playing Galactic War enjoyably. Now it is an exercise in frustration. Also, not stated anywhere I've seen anyway was the increase to the refresh rate in the GW shipments. It increased from 10 to 50 green shards. That's somewhat understandable, you get more shards, but suggestion time: why not have refresh rates be relevant to value. Refresh a hard after 3 turns for 50 crystals is steep, if you are revising refresh rates for those things, make them reflect the value of what you are refreshing.

With all that said, the characters are great. The animations are nice and it is a great team rpg feeling game. Overall I really like it and enjoy playing it despite this unfortunate change to GW.

I do have problems with the game crashing on occasion in Cantina(still) even though I received a message saying it was fixed. Though the crystals were appreciated for the inconvenience, still having crashing issues.

Thanks for the continuing work guys, looking forward to seeing new characters in the future!
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    cuspub wrote: »
    My question was; Where is and how does the retreat option work. Or is it now entirely wiped.

It's in the upper left corner (infight). When you hit the settings button, you can choose "retreat".
    (The enemy has to make his first movie before it appears).

When you retreat, the fight resets.
    Before the update you were able to leave and re-enter the fight without resetting the health bars. Dead enemy toons were still dead, the buff/ debuffs vanished and you were able to add a new toon, when one of yours died.

There were special possible strategys. For example you could start a fight with lower toons and after the enemy wasted all his special abilitys you retreated and changed the to your "usual" team and stuff like that.

But as I said, now the whole fight resets...
  • As someone trying to climb up Arena, Galaxy War is hella hard. I've beaten it once and i was hoping to hit max level before the update but oh well. Those who've been playing the game since day 1 are probably glad but for newer players it's tough. Right now i've got an A-Team of lvl 59's and like 3 support characters. Once I've lost Daka, Phasma, or Chewie i'm a gonna. Galaxy War is much more doable with a well balanced team so get to lvl 70 everyone and stock up!
  • Thanks so much for your reply.
  • I have really enjoyed this game and have no significant issues to address to the devs. However, my first thought about the last update was that I wished they had done an in game announcement or updated the game at midnight to allow everyone who plays at that time to get the extra XP that many, like me, missed out on because we had already completed all the Dailys before the 2:00pm update. It's not that big of a deal though. Just a thought.
  • Barrister offee heal is working over immunity. A character will have darth sidious immunity and the Barris will heal over that immunity. Is this a bug?
  • Sting wrote: »
    Barrister offee heal is working over immunity. A character will have darth sidious immunity and the Barris will heal over that immunity. Is this a bug?

No it's not. I explained it a couple of posts above.
  • Sting wrote: »
    Barrister offee heal is working over immunity. A character will have darth sidious immunity and the Barris will heal over that immunity. Is this a bug?

Not a bug. It works as intended. Which doesnt means right or balanced or whatever.

Barris was, as it seems, meant to be the ultimate healer. She was only aquirable as the cherry top of a payed bundle. She was so unbalanced that she had to be nerfed.

People whom bought that bundle, did it for nothing else than having this broke char that made them overpowered.

This was so evident that after the nerf, people who bought it complained so much, that they got free cristals in return.

But still, the circunvention of the antihealing debuff was never dealt with.

Seems common sense that a debuffed char should not have their health raised under any circunstance.

The mechanics is OK, its actually a pretty creative way of calculating the amount of healing to be done, under a suposebly calculated trade off.

But still, it should not circumvent the debuff. Any health to be added to a debuffed char should just go to waste.

As it happens with Thalia. If you try to heal a debuffed char with Thalia, she still loses her health but no healing is done while debuffed.

There is no other reason for it not to work the same way with the normalization mechanics other than the money for power thing.

It makes Barris a no brainer every situation unstopable healer. But as it seems, it works as intended.
  • I'd like to see the characters from the Knights of the Old Republic game added
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Morenazo01 wrote: »
    If they Fix the Retreat button on Galactic War I'm going to delete this game. Galactic War is already Frustrating enough.
    Edit: A few days now since the change to GW retreat. I actually don't mind the new button functionality but it comes at a price. You have to have a deep roster to use some fodder characters. The frustrating problem with GW is the opposition. While the opponents player lvl may only be 2 higher than mine, the gear lvl & star rank is a huge difference. It seems to start often at battle 8, my team of one 7*, one 6*, & the rest at 5* (all lvl 65 currently) just can't compete with all lvl 67 epic gear 7* characters. How could I possibly be expected to win that? Cycling thru different combinations to get a different "roll" has taken @2 hours & I simply don't have that much time. I'm already spending @90 minutes / day on this game - I can't add 2 hours for GW. EA please lower the difficulty to GW.
    I need to finish GW every day to keep up with the Jones' but I just can't.
    Post edited by Bon_El on
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Galactic War becomes impossible to beat for FTP players with this update. Would you mind lowering the difficulty of the opposing teams EA? Thx.
    Ditto...
    The change to the retreat button is why I created an account to comment here. Change it back... Or lower the difficulty! Please EA

~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • kyd462
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand all the complaints about difficulty.

FTP here, cleared GW everyday this past week with a squad all below lvl 50 and only 1 with purple gear. It's hard, but not so hard that it's not fun or beatable. I couldn't auto a single match, had to really think about my moves sometimes, and was clenching my teeth at certain points, but I only lost a few characters by the end, and actually cleared the whole board without a single loss yesterday.

[Chewie/Jawa/Consular/Talia/Old Dakka/+ usually Phasma or Luminara] Obviously not too special.

So what's the problem? I really don't see it. Is it only an issue for post lvl 60 players?
  • After a few days with the update, my only major complaint about Galactic War is that there is not always a progression of difficulty. Last time, I was nearly stumped only halfway through because I was already facing a team of level 61 characters with 5-star stats. Following teams were easy by comparison, with lower levels.

I can usually make it through GW, and I don't have Barris Offee or Kylo Ren. Luminara is my usual leader, who I've promoted to 5 stars without buying crystals. I might take advantage of a sale at some point, but have done alright just buying the starter pack with Count Dooku so far.

Before I unlocked Galactic War, gold was tight. Now I always have plenty. What I'm always short on is Energy. Because GW does offer advanced players huge advantages for the Arena (gold, training droids, ability materials), I'm not sure there's any point to limiting Energy.
  • Would be nice to flat out buy Dooku now to make everything so much easier. Missed the original boat on him so things are tougher all round.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • kyd462 wrote: »

FTP here, cleared GW everyday this past week with a squad all below lvl 50 and only 1 with purple gear. It's hard, but not so hard that it's not fun or beatable. I couldn't auto a single match, had to really think about my moves sometimes, and was clenching my teeth at certain points, but I only lost a few characters by the end, and actually cleared the whole board without a single loss yesterday.

[Chewie/Jawa/Consular/Talia/Old Dakka/+ usually Phasma or Luminara] Obviously not too special.

So what's the problem? I really don't see it. Is it only an issue for post lvl 60 players?

What you fail to consider is you don't face the same competition I do, and vice versa. There was a post yesterday where someone posted a pic of their last battle opposition, and the player was level 60. I've never had that easy a matchup past the first battle in every GW I ever played. Just like telling someone they're a poor player cause they can't make top 20 in arena. I'm usually between 125 to 175. Every player in this range that I've seen is 21-23K in power. Different servers, different difficulty ranking in arena and doing well in GW.

• FWIW if you are having difficultly completing GW you can deliberately lose in Arena. If you drop ranks you will have an easier time in GW.

I believe the ranks are based on prizes so if you're normally #1 try dropping out of the top #10. If you're normally top-100 try to drop to the top-200.

Obviously you'll lose out in some crystals and arena tokens but the tradeoff might be worth it for you depending on what shards you want the most.
  • New characters?
  • Game slows down after playing 5-10 minutes on my iPhone 6, I hope this stabilization problem will be fixed in the next update.

And I think there is a bug. I have 5 star lvl 56, gear 7 Darth Sidious but his heal immune ability not working over and over neither in galactic wars nor in Arena. But my enemys lower lvl Darth Sidious has 100/100 chance to immune my heroes. It is like game started to take side againts F2P players.

And before this update I also have better chance to find purple gear items. Now it is like 1/10.

May be I have bad luck but this problems started after the update. Sorry for my English.
  • kyd462 wrote: »

What level are you? Under 52ish it is easy, but im level 62 and it is really tough. Im f2p and have completed GW easily until update. After the update, it got harder, but also more fun because it was challenging. Today i had to retry the last battle like 10 times because i kept switching characters around and it was annoying but felt so good once i finished. I have completed GW everyday since i learned a few helpful tips.

Put lumi as leader for about first 6 battles, the heal really adds up and you get some evasion.

For the second 6, i use phasma usually but always look at the team your playing and see what their weakness is. Always use retreat if you lose a valuable player and change them out for someone else on your team or on your bench.

Switching the same 5 characters around can change who the enemy attacks, so if you have A as leader, Then B,C,D,E and you lose one, change it to A leader, B,E,C,D and they will change who they attack so you can save your guys.

This discussion has been closed.