Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• If this was discussed in the thread and I missed it, I apologize.

Did they adjust the groups you are up against to account for the lack of the old form retreat?

I ask because I am level 61, been playing since December. I have tried GW every day, and never once beaten it...until yesterday. And then again today. So since trying to use all of the tips in the original guide, I only once made it to battle 11 (once), never to battle 12. Usually I made it to 8 or 9, and sometimes 10.

Then the changes take effect, and I beat it twice in a row. I did get one extra star on Lumi and Sid, and I have a Daka at lvl54 and a Luke at level 54, but besides that, no other major toon changes. Could those changes alone account for beating GW twice in a row, or, as I originally asked, were other things adjusted behind the scenes?
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera, lets play a fun game.

You guess my phone number. If you get it right then you win and you can advance to guessing the next persons number. Ill give you 1 hint and explain how to play.

Hint: The sequence of digits are as follows ***-***-**** My phone number is a combination in this format.

How to play: Its simple, you pick up your phone and start by dialing a number ie
    000-000-0001, ask for Adam. If its not me hang up, add +1 and dial again, ie 000-000-0002. You win when you call me and I pick up! Enjoy!

Thats basically the extent of your GW strategy atm. Again, love the game and will play but it seems a little more repetitive.

So they already said that is not the intention and they hope to stop that being a viable tactic...so keep abusing it for some small rewards now I guess, because it sounds like a lot of people fight 100s of battles so they are sure going to struggle when cg thinks up an appropriate fix.

Well done all you guys who use "the only tactic now is to reset over and over till the rng gods smile on you" line, you only speed up the removal of such a tactic being possible whilst leaving yourself completely unprepared for what will happen when you actually have to try and think your way through GW ahaha. Complaints like these are unlikely to bring back the old super broken system as it seems like people assume. Only get abusable features noticed and focused on

This isnt a complaint so much as an example of the current gameplay exaggerated in different context.

But some newer players who arent as established do fight the same battle many times and still cant get passed them. Not only is it repetitive but its made it harder for them to catch up.

It doesnt matter if you and I think that GW is fine or its still easy if a larger portion of the community are having difficulties and become discouraged.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    dreamer05 wrote: »
    I'm really having a hard time understanding why people are crying so much. I didn't even know about the retreat feature until this update. :) I'm lvl 56, and just yesterday beat GW for the first time. Previously, as long as I got my 400 green gems per day I didn't really care, it was just a challenge to keep as a goal. Why do people feel that they are entitled to beat GW every single time? I have only spent a little bit of money on the game and really only have one strong team. I think people need to stop getting angry when they don't win, and think of ways to improve/change their team so they can. For example, I had a mostly healing team I was using in PVP and was losing, a lot. I made a change to my team, started focusing on building up my replacement, and now I'm winning.

I repeat, you are not entitled to win everything all the time.

I think you are misreading the majority of the posts here. A lot of us who are petitioning for another look at the change feel that the new retreat made it easier than before. When you can just restart the battle as if it never happened it completely threw strategy out the window. Before, if you lost a strong character in battle early on you had to press on and figure out how to complete it without him/her. That could be tough if it was one of your healers or one of your strongest hitters. Now you lose him, retreat, welcome him back, and carry on. Too easy.
  • This GW strategy is Try and error, like the past of Computergames.
  • [/quote]

I think you are misreading the majority of the posts here. A lot of us who are petitioning for another look at the change feel that the new retreat made it easier than before. When you can just restart the battle as if it never happened it completely threw strategy out the window. Before, if you lost a strong character in battle early on you had to press on and figure out how to complete it without him/her. That could be tough if it was one of your healers or one of your strongest hitters. Now you lose him, retreat, welcome him back, and carry on. Too easy. [/quote]

Not sure it's easier, different definitely; much harder to send in the cannon fodder to lure the AI into spending the specials on - these guys now have to die to be able to send in the cleanup crew so that L10 Ewok Scout only gets one go in GW now poor little guy
  • Wispsi wrote: »

You guess my phone number. If you get it right then you win and you can advance to guessing the next persons number. Ill give you 1 hint and explain how to play.

Hint: The sequence of digits are as follows ***-***-**** My phone number is a combination in this format.

How to play: Its simple, you pick up your phone and start by dialing a number ie
    000-000-0001, ask for Adam. If its not me hang up, add +1 and dial again, ie 000-000-0002. You win when you call me and I pick up! Enjoy!

Thats basically the extent of your GW strategy atm. Again, love the game and will play but it seems a little more repetitive.

So they already said that is not the intention and they hope to stop that being a viable tactic...so keep abusing it for some small rewards now I guess, because it sounds like a lot of people fight 100s of battles so they are sure going to struggle when cg thinks up an appropriate fix.

Well done all you guys who use "the only tactic now is to reset over and over till the rng gods smile on you" line, you only speed up the removal of such a tactic being possible whilst leaving yourself completely unprepared for what will happen when you actually have to try and think your way through GW ahaha. Complaints like these are unlikely to bring back the old super broken system as it seems like people assume. Only get abusable features noticed and focused on

I think it IS the intent. If you are just randomly summing chars, it feel like dialing a random number.
    davida8546 wrote: »
    Or you can make GW normal/hard and remove all retreat options together. In case of disconnections, give players about 12+additional 5 tries for each GW (restarting the game counts as 1 try, so that even if a player use FC they can only use it 5 times).

The real problem now is bugs, how shards are obtained and balance. Chromium packs/premium toon shards should be given as rewards by completing some events say, so people don't complain about non obtainable chars. The main reason I stop buying the packs (for more than a month) is I know it is very likely that most of the chrom chars are gonna get nerfed because people cry for nerf (and they will if there is no way they can get these chars). Also new toons are just gonna power creep the existing ones. You spend a few thousands to get several chars to 7* so what, they are gonna be junk.

Old Ben used to be very good, now is kinda meh. Leia scares people off with her x2, which does not actually do anything most of the time and so on but yeah with enough complaints she is gonna be trash soon and how much do you need to pay to 7* star her?

There should be good chars and remain good for a very long time. They should be very hard to get but lucky F2P players should be able to get them and after they unlock the char, they should be able to star the char up easily. Otherwise there will be endless hate to chromium chars/P2P(W) players,these chars are not neccesarily stronger than free to get chars. In fact, most of the chars people use (to get top 10 arena) are free/easily obtainable chars.

I agree, it's ok if Leia is a but OP. But 4x is not in her description and buffing 25% offense every char in itself, even if Leia suicides right after is like having a 6th character (25% * 4 = 100% extra smg of you average dmg). Where as IG-88 says high dodge character, and I am finding no dodge as I level him.

• [*] We brought the feature back into alignment with the design vision.

Wait a second. Is George Lucas running the show here? This sounds mighty fishy to me! Please give us back the originals, unedited!

If you're not willing to do that, please PLEASE remove the ability to restart the mission by starting over completely. This just adds frustration to the game play as we try again and again and again to beat a certain team. If we aren't going to beat a team, let it be that way! Don't force us to try over and over until we find a way. That's just terrible design.
  • Thanks for starting this John. I have to admit I've done better with the new format, no complaints here so far.
    IGN: jq
  • @Relish_Yoda - Thanks for the post. Two main things I want to cover here in more detail...
    A lot of what I've been reading (from @Qeltar and others) is that GW now an "RNG" game, where you basically play the same match again and again until you win while suffering the least amount of damage. It is not worthwhile to move on otherwise, since losing a member of your "A" team is just too dangerous.

Separately, I see you write above that part of the goal is to maximize your whole collection and think about synergies. Even considering using a "pawn" strategically. I think players will not adapt this behavior quickly because, given that GW is so difficult (i.e. you play against higher level teams pretty early on), playing a match with a pawn and the rest of your "A" team will probably be way too costly to your other four "A" team members. I.e. it is unlikely that the rest of your "A" team emerges victorious unscathed.

"GW now an 'RNG' game"

I mentioned this in my follow-up post above, but I want to underscore that this is not likely to persist. The goal of the feature is to have you think strategically about which parties you can build to take on the current opponent and to explore a broader set of characters and party synergies.

Once you're in battle, of course, you need to fight strategically as well. This isn't meant to be an auto-battle experience.

If you don't have a good counter to the type of party you're facing, then you hav]e a longer term goal to find, acquire, and build up that type of party. The goal is not for you to run an ineffectual party against an opponent repeatedly until you happen to get a lucky random number seed
    Wispsi wrote: »

I think it IS the intent. If you are just randomly summing chars, it feel like dialing a random number.
    davida8546 wrote: »
    Or you can make GW normal/hard and remove all retreat options together. In case of disconnections, give players about 12+additional 5 tries for each GW (restarting the game counts as 1 try, so that even if a player use FC they can only use it 5 times).

The real problem now is bugs, how shards are obtained and balance. Chromium packs/premium toon shards should be given as rewards by completing some events say, so people don't complain about non obtainable chars. The main reason I stop buying the packs (for more than a month) is I know it is very likely that most of the chrom chars are gonna get nerfed because people cry for nerf (and they will if there is no way they can get these chars). Also new toons are just gonna power creep the existing ones. You spend a few thousands to get several chars to 7* so what, they are gonna be junk.

Old Ben used to be very good, now is kinda meh. Leia scares people off with her x2, which does not actually do anything most of the time and so on but yeah with enough complaints she is gonna be trash soon and how much do you need to pay to 7* star her?

There should be good chars and remain good for a very long time. They should be very hard to get but lucky F2P players should be able to get them and after they unlock the char, they should be able to star the char up easily. Otherwise there will be endless hate to chromium chars/P2P(W) players,these chars are not neccesarily stronger than free to get chars. In fact, most of the chars people use (to get top 10 arena) are free/easily obtainable chars.

I agree, it's ok if Leia is a but OP. But 4x is not in her description and buffing 25% offense every char in itself, even if Leia suicides right after is like having a 6th character (25% * 4 = 100% extra smg of you average dmg). Where as IG-88 says high dodge character, and I am finding no dodge as I level him.

I don't really mind if it is I am not against giving people who are having a tough time and those who want to practice/learn all the chances they need even if a few will seek to try and abuse it as their only way of completing GW. I was just going by what was said.
  • swgod98 wrote: »
    [*] We brought the feature back into alignment with the design vision.

Wait a second. Is George Lucas running the show here? This sounds mighty fishy to me! Please give us back the originals, unedited!

If you're not willing to do that, please PLEASE remove the ability to restart the mission by starting over completely. This just adds frustration to the game play as we try again and again and again to beat a certain team. If we aren't going to beat a team, let it be that way! Don't force us to try over and over until we find a way. That's just terrible design.

You can give up and not try again. No one is entitled to win anything for sure. If it frustrates you, stop playing GW and focus on other parts of the game like challenges and arena.
  • John there's a very easy fix for this. Make the matches more fair. Today, at 9/12, I faced a group of droids (AK-47, IG-86, IG-88, "Fives" and one other, Bariss I think it was. I have an A team, but I also have a decent bench. All of my guys are 43-45, and all of the opposing team was 51+ (AK-47 was level 55). Well, guess what happened? They decimated my C squad, decimated my B squad, and when A squad came in I lost both healers, so guess what? That's the end of the line for me and my little GW experience. I was infuriated. It's just not right man, you want to stem the complaining, make it FAIR.
  • I actually had my first difficult run today, I actually lost about 7 characters before all was said and done.

That being said I still didn't even come close to not finishing and it was more difficult because I was running into teams higher level than mine; as such I anticipate it only becoming easier in the weeks to come.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Post deleted. Posted to wrong chain.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • I wanted to give it a few days before commenting on the change to GW. What I am finding now is that I actually use less characters than I did in the past, before I would start with a specific lineup and it would change as the battle went on, sometimes even sacrificing a particular character to achieve a specific goal. I find it now takes a little longer to finish GW and the enjoyment factor has lessened. However I would like to add that under the previous GW retreat system, I didn't like the fact that the buffs/debuffs reset, felt like cheating the system to me.

I don't mind the current setup, but an ability to retreat mid battle and change lineup while still keeping current buffs / debuffs for both teams in place would be the only change I would ask for. If it isn't too difficult to code, perhaps it could be made such that characters cannot be subbed back in once they sub out (on a per round basis of course).
  • I play this game everyday. I like it enough to have spent some real world dollars on it while playing. But I am not sure if they have done something to power levels but I have been trying for three days to beat 5-C Hard on the dark side (the boss is lvl.56 Chewie with a bunch of ugnaughts). I can get to the final battle every time with ease and I can even get Chewie alone, but he continually heals himself and my entire team cannot take him down? He takes 2-3 turns even if stunned. My team is: All lvl.60 and all 5 stars: Daka, Talia, Asajj, Savage and Nightsister Initiate. This seems wrong to me as well as totally unbalanced. 1 lvl.56 chewie wipes out my whole team solo eveyrtime! Not to mention I have 3 solid teams now and still have never finished the GW! I know it's "supposed" to be hard and all but at some point I would like to be rewarded with more than getting destroyed by A.I. teams that are lower lvl, lower gear lvl, and less stars? I mean are not those the things that make your team stronger so you can beat weaker teams? I hate whining about stuff like this because it is a game after all but I enjoy it and really want to continue trying to progress but at this point it seems I am not "allowed".

P.S. I have tried switching around my team as well with what I have available but the result is always the same. Get to the final encounter, get Chewie alone, and watch him take 25min. and dismantle my whole team!
  • At First i hated the change.
    But on the other hand, i finished all GWs since the change. So it hasnt become impossible.
    The Point is.. They took away the Last bit of tactic.
    If you lose now you just Start all over. No loss of a Character is vital. You just replay a mission until the RNG is in your favor. What a Challenge....
  • Mahluus wrote: »
    I wanted to give it a few days before commenting on the change to GW. What I am finding now is that I actually use less characters than I did in the past, before I would start with a specific lineup and it would change as the battle went on, sometimes even sacrificing a particular character to achieve a specific goal.
    That's my experience, too. It's a different strategy altogether. I wasn't as sure about it at first, but I'm coming around. Being able to totally change your strategy to see how it affects the outcome of the match is more fun than I anticipated. I do miss strategically sacrificing or using one or two units for a turn or two but that always kind of seemed out of place compared to how the rest of the game works.

I'll also give a shout out to the developers. It's not easy to make an entire player base happy, especially when you have to balance that with technical issues and people who have spent a good amount of money, but they really seem to be trying. Keep up the good work!
  • I play this game everyday. I like it enough to have spent some real world dollars on it while playing. But I am not sure if they have done something to power levels but I have been trying for three days to beat 5-C Hard on the dark side (the boss is lvl.56 Chewie with a bunch of ugnaughts). I can get to the final battle every time with ease and I can even get Chewie alone, but he continually heals himself and my entire team cannot take him down? He takes 2-3 turns even if stunned. My team is: All lvl.60 and all 5 stars: Daka, Talia, Asajj, Savage and Nightsister Initiate. This seems wrong to me as well as totally unbalanced. 1 lvl.56 chewie wipes out my whole team solo eveyrtime! Not to mention I have 3 solid teams now and still have never finished the GW! I know it's "supposed" to be hard and all but at some point I would like to be rewarded with more than getting destroyed by A.I. teams that are lower lvl, lower gear lvl, and less stars? I mean are not those the things that make your team stronger so you can beat weaker teams? I hate whining about stuff like this because it is a game after all but I enjoy it and really want to continue trying to progress but at this point it seems I am not "allowed".

P.S. I have tried switching around my team as well with what I have available but the result is always the same. Get to the final encounter, get Chewie alone, and watch him take 25min. and dismantle my whole team!

Get Sid from an Ally.

• I see plenty of good arguments. I've made plenty of long posts but they end in ridicule so I'm done with that.

All you can do is respond and nod, it's very sad. It's clear they're turning the difficulty up and the free ride is coming to an end so with that enjoy it while it lasts. Watch your wallets...
  • excel_seta
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Am I really only one who haven't been able to beat GW since the update. An please dont get me wrong its not about the change they made but now face a lot harder opponents right of the start.
  • Jakebal91
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I am level 59, I have 7 characters above 55 the rest are at 50. I have to admit I was really mad too, when they took away the ability to retreat per turn as I had just got "the strategy" down and was beating GW frequently. Now it is still possible for me to beat GW, but it comes down to 5% skill and 95% luck, feel free to disagree but luck is the only way you can beat GW and stay competitive in arena. If I'm lucky to not face a team 5 levels stronger than me until the last few rounds then I can usually pull a win with some cannon fodder and strategic taunting, however when I have a full 6* level 61 team at round 4, I just stop playing for the day. In the end I'm content with the change. Some days I'll win some days I'll lose. So be it.
  • I was strongly against the change when it first happened. Now after playing for a few days, I'm okay with it. It certainly isn't as fun as the old way but it's okay.
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    swgod98 wrote: »
    [*] We brought the feature back into alignment with the design vision.

You can give up and not try again. No one is entitled to win anything for sure. If it frustrates you, stop playing GW and focus on other parts of the game like challenges and arena.

Ya, and I'm also free to not play this game at all. Do you really think the devs want this? I'm simply offering advice from someone who thinks the game got worse by the changes.
  • I wanted to play GW a few times before I posted here, and I'm glad that I waited. I am still clearing the board every time, but I am spending an extra twenty or so minutes doing it now that retreat has been changed. I really only notice the difference in the last four or so battles, when my main squad begins to falter and I need to slow down and assess my opponent before charging in. It was easy to use the retreat button to swap in high DPS characters and healers when I needed them, but I think I like the new system better. Take today as an example:

At the end of the 8th battle my main squad had two low-HP characters and my healer was on cooldown, I spent the next three battles building improvised teams out of my crappier, low-level characters and, a dozen or so retreats later, had managed to get to the final battle and heal my main squad along the way. I won the day with only five or so characters left alive, something that would never have happened with the old system. It would be a lot easier for me to go back to wiping status effects and subbing characters with the old retreat, but I like that the game now forces me to think carefully about the teams I bring in for the final levels, and that it still gives me the option to try again if I don't get it right. I think that people at lower levels should have an easier matchmaking algorithm to compensate for the fact that they likely don't have a deep bench (or factor in the number and level of unlocked characters when determining the opponents), but for me I prefer things the way they are right now.
  • Tried to give the change a chance. Ugh it's bloody awful. Just a restart drag. Super boring. I need 15 to max luminara and Phasma then thankfully I'll skip it. Spent maybe half the time I normally do here. Just keeping my hand in now FTP. If it improves I'll spend and be back. If not Star Wars uprising gets my $$. Speaking of sector battle, gotta go storm a star destroyer. By by devs. Epic ruin.
  • Having not read too many forum posts until recently, I didn't even know retreat existed until a week before the change, even though I've been playing for close to 2 months. For non-forum readers, you might want to move the retreat button out of the settings menu, and onto the main screen.

I like being able to reset the battle, and try a different tactic. However, the number seed should be re-generated each time you enter the battle, IMO. Often, there is nothing wrong with your squad, it just got unlucky on the seed, so a second try at it, should not always produce the same result.

If the intent is to encourage people to build a deeper bench, and experience a battle using many different characters, then something is wrong in the execution (pre- and post-change). I know retreat is here to stay. Trying to take it out of the game now would cause riots, but perhaps a good tweek would be to build in some restrictions such as preserving deaths/cooldowns (for both sides), instead of a rollback, and/or limiting the amount of character swaps permitted when you retreat. This way, characters will die and need to be replaced with other viable ones. If you have five 7*'s, and the rest 1*'s, you might be encouraged to level other characters, which I believe is the intent. Having an A-squad of 7*'s is already rewarded in PvP.

If you want people to level more toons, don't raise the level cap again for a while. I was hoping to farm some shards and level some B squad characters, when I hit cap (about a week before the update), but now I am back to leveling my A-squad. I need all the mats/training droids/credits/shards just to keep up in PvP. Concentrate on new mission (not higher level missions, just new ones, like on a new table) and new characters. If the business model is to keep raising the cap frequently (to increase power), or to simply introduce new characters that make old ones obsolete, both F2P and P2P members will tire of that quickly. Someone spends a month (or a lot of cash), to get a toon up to 7*, they better be able to use them for a while.

Lastly, the in between battle health recovery needs to be upped. The health regen is currently imperceptible.

That was never the design intent of this feature.

The goals of the Galactic War feature were to:
    1. ...
    2. Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).
    3. ...
    Just gonna pick out one thing that irks me in particular, don't know if this has been said before, because wow, 12 pages. :*

Before the update I DID actually use 70-90% of my entire collection.
    Now, certain setups are OP and you keep on retrying until you come out with full health. With this I only use about 7-10 different characters. I know about sacrificing little ones, but you can't put in your medium ones to kill the opponent one by one, because THEY will be fully recovered by the time your weak team dies.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Hello and thanks for opening this discussion up. I registered/figured out my login just to add my thoughts.

I started playing in December before Christmas when Poe was the promo hero. I am behind the curve of November f2p players and do not have a huge bench. I never finished a GW until 2 days before the patch. That is when I read a guide and learned about retreating. Not only did this realization allow me an opportunity to finish, but it changed the entire experience for me. Prior to this I was banging through, occasionally using a suicide squad to try and knock out a first mob before coming back in with my main team. I understood the concept and it felt like it was as far as the game could be pushed. It is a mobile game, and you all have made a fine product, but I will admit the game feels stale at times. When I discovered the world of subbing in GW, I was sort of blown away. It really was a different way to play the game and carried with it much more depth. I did feel bad about the retreat removing buffs and debuffs, but figured maybe that was a bug which would be addressed. Also, in the two days I knew about it, I never force-closed.

The change came and I felt at first cheated because I had just learned how to complete it. That being said I went on to complete GW for 3 days in a row. Now today I am stuck on a fight where the opposing team is all damage dealers 3 levels higher than me with some 5/6 stars and purples, where I have no purples or 5 stars (close for Lumi and Sod, though.) I can't seem to re-roll enough luck for any team to do meaningful enough damage before Risking my A-Team.

Anyway, I'm getting off-point. There are, it seems to me, two points to consider here. Is this change good for depth of gameplay, and is this change good for ease of finish and loot acquisition. The change seems to be no different for loot acquisition, if one had fully understood the retreat option pre-patch. A completion is a completion and in some ways this is easier. However, this feels cheesier. Easier but cheesier... A terrible catch phrase but it really sums up the change to me.

Now, is this change good for depth of gameplay? No. Now the "strategy" of the retreat button is save-scumming. I've got my power armor and my minigun, and I know when the mirelurk queen spawns, so I save the game just before this moment in order to try different weapons/tactics until I get the cleanest outcome. There is basic video-game strategy in that sure, but there is no real strategy. If GW is truly an attrition-based endgame content, why cheapen it with save-scumming? The old retreat rule set was much closer to a true attrition system since damage carried over from each decision you made. If this was designed by mistake, then you stumbled onto a good thing, not a discardable error. I grant that the use of the button to wipe effects was abusable, but fix that mechanic instead of throwing out the whole system. And if you wanted one or the other, is it not possible to make the force-close behavior identical to a snapshot save-state similar to the retreat?

It seems to me that some players' motivations are how easy it is to get loot, and that's perfectly fine. Why else do we grind and grind and grind, and then find a new game to grind in. When you are denied the chest at the end of the line, it's frustrating. Some players, though, were motivated by the decision-making in the sub-based system though, and are justified when they point out this decision making as a much more "strategic" way of playing the game. Micro-managing is much more micro when the individual has consequences mid-fight that persist.

I do not think the new system made it any harder or easier to win GW for me at least. And truly, based on what I've seen (playing it every day it's been available to me and from the forums), the biggest issue with completion is the imbalance in match-ups. Giving some relief to the f2p players who have sub-50 squads hitting purple 57's seems in order. A challenge is one thing, but a wall to beat your head against is another.

That is to say that if your primary or only goal is to satisfy the player that just wants to beat it every day, then you have made no real change. It is just as easy/difficult, but in a different way. If however, your primary goal is to create a really deep gameplay experience, where I actually want to be playing this with the tv in the background, laid up on the sofa INSTEAD of Fallout 4, then methinks you just cheapened the experience.

I have never spent a penny on an in-app purchase in my life, until I got this game. I have only spent $12 so far, but you have to realize that you converted a completely anti-in-app purchasing guy. This is the most addictive mobile game I've ever had, and I was blown away by the decision-making involved in the substitution system. I personally believe that we can have the best of both worlds. If you balance the match-making, bring back the retreat feature with mid-fight save states, and allow all effects to persist, I think you'll make the most people happy. You will also have a fantastically original mechanic for a mobile game to boot. I'm such a fan of old-school turn-based games, it makes me really excited to see how far you can push this engine.

That's probably the TLDR there, as far as suggestions:
    -Retreat functions as an individual/fight save-state allowing for substitutions.
    -In-fight effects are maintained active for that fight (or perhaps across fights. Taking a taunt/dot into the next fight could be really interesting.)
    -Tuning of match-making to avoid teams that whittle you down to undeveloped greens (unless perhaps it's the last fight.)
    -Maybe one more suggestion, adjust the reward for finishing if you do make it harder. The shard seems silly. A once per day ewok shard is underwhelming. And I seem to get ewok shards out of that box with disturbing frequency...
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I was strongly against the change when it first happened. Now after playing for a few days, I'm okay with it. It certainly isn't as fun as the old way but it's okay.

Unfortunately, that is how most game changes work. I am impressed that they are actively listening to the complaints but by the time anything comes from it, we'll all be ok with the changes
  • lol
This discussion has been closed.