Solution to all the Fuss

People are clearly upset about the perceived (or real) unbalanced characters in the game, most recently Poe, FOTP, Leia, and some others.

The reason is because Squad Arena matters, and it matters because of the Arena Token and crystal rewards.

You feel like others who either 1) spend more money, 2) got luckier in character choices, or 3) planned smarter than you, get an unfair advantage. After all, you can buy some crystals, but it costs money, and you can't buy Arena Tokens at all.

Solution?
1) Change the reward from bonus crystals to credits instead. Give out larger crystal prizes in Daily Activities and in GW. After all, the game developers make more money off of people who are playing everyday and start buying crystal packages.
2) Award arena tokens upon winning arena matches (150 per win, capped at 750 per day).

P2W can still stay atop the leaderboards, and F2P players can either disregard Squad Arena or at least work on farming their characters at a slow pace without being further disadvantaged daily.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    That way, practically everybody would get all the relevan rewards, so it would turn arena into a chore, just defeating weak enemies until you reach the cap... Overall position should still matter in more than just some credits.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Interesting. I am not sure which one really matters more tokens or crystals. There does seem to be a lot of "discussions" about the squad area. I just don't see the importance as much. Difference between top and 201 is not even enough to get a full extra shipment every day. Yes it is 75% to another shipment and that is only for 1st. It drops of 6 to 12.5 after that. Crystal reward difference is big but if you have to spend a bunch to get up there and stay is it really worth it? Also as was stated you can buy crystals.
    I did leave of another reason for some and that is to be #1!
    To each their own. I spend the least amount of time in squad arena. 5 battles a day and that is it stick between 50-200 and can get 10 shards a day.
  • If something of this nature happened maybe we could see a bit more than the Phasma, Poe spectacular in arena....
    I have them too, just so sick of every singe team being the same set up. I was genuinely excited today when I came across a Han,Lea,fotp,rey,sid team. He mopped the floor with me but it was a ton of fun!

We need to have more fun with arena
  • I do 5 battles a day and always finish and stay in top 15

best finish was 3, worse was 15 (in the last 2 weeks)

I do think the reward difference between 100-200+ and 6-10 should be bigger (for arena tokens that is)
  • I do 5 battles a day and always finish and stay in top 15

best finish was 3, worse was 15 (in the last 2 weeks)

I do think the reward difference between 100-200+ and 6-10 should be bigger (for arena tokens that is)

True, but the difference in arena tokens between 100-200+ and 6-10 isn't big, but the difference in crystals is huge, even between #6 and #1. Thus everyone gets pretty hyped up about each character's perceived weaknesses and OPness. Get rid of that adverse incentive, and you diversify character line-ups and remove stress.
  • I think a better idea would be to swap how crystals and tokens scale in the arena, i.e. #1 and #100 have a smallish difference in crystals but a larger difference in tokens. The side effect of this would be extremely fast obtaining of arena characters for the top players.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Interesting. I am not sure which one really matters more tokens or crystals. There does seem to be a lot of "discussions" about the squad area. I just don't see the importance as much. Difference between top and 201 is not even enough to get a full extra shipment every day. Yes it is 75% to another shipment and that is only for 1st. It drops of 6 to 12.5 after that. Crystal reward difference is big but if you have to spend a bunch to get up there and stay is it really worth it? Also as was stated you can buy crystals.
    I did leave of another reason for some and that is to be #1!
    To each their own. I spend the least amount of time in squad arena. 5 battles a day and that is it stick between 50-200 and can get 10 shards a day.

The difference between 201 and first is exactly one full Arena shipment, it's 600 vs 1k tokens.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762