What is the Danger Zone team?

Prev1
I've seen reference to it, but can't find an actual description of how it works.

Who's in it and what's the strategy behind it?
You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?

Replies

• DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    There you go

Wedge (L) / Biggs / Lando / Leia / STH

Wedge + Biggs rework made that happen.
    Do or do not...
  • Thanks!

And Holy poop that's nuts. How well does it fare on defense?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Wedge must be key to making this work. AA lead still a viable option here? Perhaps then Biggs becomes irrelevant though...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Here's an updated version

I haven't dropped below #5
  • JHC... That is nuts.
  • MBL_66, **** awesome!!! JKA make this team more powerfull!
  • @mlb_66 do you prefer JKA to Leia?
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    @HeroOfCanton I can testify that it's solid on defence. There's a guy on my shard that claims to be 'Skywalkers true father' (stand up and be recognised bud!) and uses a variant of it... and he kicks my droids collective tails every time. If he's in the number one spot, I ain't taking number one today. Those pilots are absolute murder and while I'm frantically trying to deal with them Lando and GS start going full beast mode on me.

Horrific.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    @mlb_66 do you prefer JKA to Leia?

Yea Anakin was always in my plans for this team but he wasn't ready yet
  • SifuSteve wrote: »
    @HeroOfCanton I can testify that it's solid on defence. There's a guy on my shard that claims to be 'Skywalkers true father' (stand up and be recognised bud!) and uses a variant of it... and he kicks my droids collective tails every time. If he's in the number one spot, I ain't taking number one today. Those pilots are absolute murder and while I'm frantically trying to deal with them Lando and GS start going full beast mode on me.

Horrific.

I'm in the same with you. He is who I use to reference toons lol.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

Do you still think you will use poe instead of STHAN if you put JKA in.
  • Hey, props to @MBL_66 I just linked his video, he's the one running the show!
    Do or do not...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Do you still think you will use poe instead of STHAN if you put JKA in.

Yes
  • Goose and Mav of course
  • Why Poe?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Poe really only because he is faster than St Han. It comes back to the speed meta again. If you can hit them so hard and so fast that they cannot recover, you have won.

Poe also preserves any speed engineering you do since the TM reduction is applied on the enemy team. Ideally you want Anakin going first to apply offense up. St han boosts your team, meaning most of your guys will get a random turn order. E.g. Working Ackbar's TG into the mix to get lando double aoes is easier to engineer with Poe than St Han.
  • SifuSteve wrote: »

Horrific.
    SifuSteve wrote: »

Horrific.

I'm in the same with you. He is who I use to reference toons lol.

I'm also in the same shard as you guys. Good to meet you. My ign is Kingdaddysir. The wiggs combo is definitely a threat. I am 2 wins and 3 losses against Skywalkers team so far. It's purely RNG on who Biggs aims for. Defense has a good boost as well. When he attacks me on offense, his Poe may land one or two exposes, and he does lose to my team at times; however, when he is defending, his Poe will land 4-5 exposes allowing him to wreck. I agree that the Wiggs combo is the ultimate team at the moment. His SF is an added bonus against my squad, due to ripping the taunt off of my STH after my first AOE. Top notch set up. Always glad to meet shard mates. Take it easy guys.
  • Skywalkers true father here, FTB Guild (Fear the Boot)
    The Wiggs \ Lando Combo looks good so far. Still got a ways to go before max'ed out. Gears and Omegas missing. It's a squad allowing lineup variation. Dual tanks, no tanks, Ani, Leia. Prefer the Wedge lead over Lando but want to try some scoundrels in there. EA/CG did a nice job with variables. Speed is surely a factor but many options unlike the old Poe meta.
    @SifuSteve don't know your arena payout time. It would help. PM me.
    Good luck guys
  • I just don't see how it's good against a good droid team with a fast JE. How do you get around having droids kill Lando or Biggs in the first couple turns?
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    I just don't see how it's good against a good droid team with a fast JE. How do you get around having droids kill Lando or Biggs in the first couple turns?

I haven't had Lando die early but they have taken out Wedge and Biggs and I still won.

• DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just don't see how it's good against a good droid team with a fast JE. How do you get around having droids kill Lando or Biggs in the first couple turns?

I haven't had Lando die early but they have taken out Wedge and Biggs and I still won.

Holy sh*** that 2nd aoe from lando omg lmao.... amazing
    Do or do not...

Can you share which mods you have on Lando? Any thoughts for Han Solo instead of JKA?

I'll be honest, that team is awesome, but that driod team had you dead to rights, and you lucked into 3 Double Downs to win. Still pretty impressive.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member

I think the big reason is because if any aoes crit on Biggs, he can sneak into the droids turn order and snipe one with his assist.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

I'll be honest, that team is awesome, but that driod team had you dead to rights, and you lucked into 3 Double Downs to win. Still pretty impressive.

People see the massive aoe damage and think that Lucky Lando was the reason I won but no it was Han and his taunt that won me the match.
  • Han/Lando is da bomb, really. I wonder how AA-Lead would fit into this (in exchange for Anakin). Taht may bei even more fierce...

People see the massive aoe damage and think that Lucky Lando was the reason I won but no it was Han and his taunt that won me the match.

It was closer than it looks heh. You would have possibly lost if

a) The second Aoe from 88 blocked your han and lando again
    or
    b) If instead of Nebit it was a B2 instead.

Anyway, best way of dealling with a JE droid team = OG han, Shoot first stun JE = GG
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Akiraine wrote: »

It was closer than it looks heh. You would have possibly lost if

a) The second Aoe from 88 blocked your han and lando again
    or
    b) If instead of Nebit it was a B2 instead.

Anyway, best way of dealling with a JE droid team = OG han, Shoot first stun JE = GG

B2 probably would've made it easier, Nebit taunting kept me from killing the IG twins right away.
  • cyxapuk wrote: »

Can you share which mods you have on Lando? Any thoughts for Han Solo instead of JKA?

Interested in your thoughts on Han Solo instead of JKA as well. He seems to synergize better.

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    cyxapuk wrote: »

Interested in your thoughts on Han Solo instead of JKA as well. He seems to synergize better.

I don't think he would, after his first shot Han doesn't do much besides just die, there's no role for him on the team. Synergy goes beyond just rebels work well with rebels. Anakin gives the whole squad offense up and makes it harder to choose your first target with his unique, the buff immunity on his basic also has great utility.
This discussion has been closed.