Tomorrow the Dark Side grows stronger...yawn

Sorry I have been forum hopping and Reddit reading and energy refreshing and crystal purchasing and these updates mean almost nothing to me.

Seems like this game caters to the players who have been here the longest.

Don't mean to sit here and b*tch, you guys have put in your time and if the Emperor is the goal of this next event I should be able to complete it sometime around 2018.

Would be nice if there were some events that catered to newer players.

Replies

• I would agree with you. Speaking as a player with 30+ 7 star characters and definitely competing for top spots every day, this game doesn't have enough events and when they do come out they seem to only cater to top players or the lowest of the low. The limiting of certain factions is so time consuming, they should look to combine certain factions in the events to keep the game interesting. (with that said i have my 5 rebels at 7 stars and ready for tomorrow, but still a pain for any newer player)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Isn't that the point of the game....

If every event or part of the game could be done with the same team or the same 10 toons, why would anyone grow their roster?

I understand where you are coming from but I feel that the devs roll should be to force new growth and push out the old meta....it's the only way to grow and not stagnate the game.

That being said it would be nice if events were more frequent so everyone one can have some fun or if they run multiple events and had each one catered to a specific group (i.e. new players, low lvl, and the team specific ones too.)

• These events return. I was a launch player and needed to wait until the 2nd arrival of the Yoda event to 7*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    These events return. I was a launch player and needed to wait until the 2nd arrival of the Yoda event to 7*

With the emphasis on the fact it may not return(or at least not any time soon), I am hoping it's not setup like the Yoda challenge.

Or they said that to put ppl into a panic in hopes they will spend crystals.....
  • Can you tell me diference between dark sirious and emperor palpatine?
  • Deedee2 wrote: »
    Can you tell me diference between dark sirious and emperor palpatine?

same as clone war chewie and rebel chewie : timeline
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh goodness. The Yoda event is tiered so that even players with 5* Jedi's can play it. The Credit heist event is also tiered so that players with lower level rosters can play it. The recent Omega events are ALSO tiered to allow high, medium and lower level players play. The guild Raids are tiered so lower level guilds can play it. Every battle in the game can be played when your squad is ready. Challenges are tiered depending on player level. As are mod challanges.

Sorry you can't play and win every aspect of the game in the first two weeks. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh goodness. The Yoda event is tiered so that even players with 5* Jedi's can play it. The Credit heist event is also tiered so that players with lower level rosters can play it. The recent Omega events are ALSO tiered to allow high, medium and lower level players play. The guild Raids are tiered so lower level guilds can play it. Every battle in the game can be played when your squad is ready. Challenges are tiered depending on player level. As are mod challanges.

Sorry you can't play and win every aspect of the game in the first two weeks. :'(

+1
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Deedee2 wrote: »
    dark sirious

qLWQfmxyec-4.png

there is a difference

darth sidious
    Tumblr_md888pURhc1rkgyw3o3_1280.jpg

emperor palpatine
    Darth_Sidious_.jpg
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    Deedee2 wrote: »
    dark sirious

qLWQfmxyec-4.png

there is a difference

darth sidious
    Tumblr_md888pURhc1rkgyw3o3_1280.jpg

emperor palpatine
    Darth_Sidious_.jpg

Thank you for putting that straight. I felt like I knew who dark serious was but I just couldn't put a face to the name ;)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agree with Nikoms565. These events usually have tiers so everybody can play. Take your squad as far as they can go and reap what profits you can. Explore development of other factions when you can.
    If you can't do an event because you don't have heroes that qualify, then that's just the way it goes. I've missed every Droids Fight Back event and finally finished the Yoda challenge this week and I've been playing since December.
  • I'm not sure the Op realizes this but every game caters to those who have been playing longer. Its a core concept of gaming in general...the longer you play a game, particularly anything multiplayer and/ore online, you accrue benefits. Be they more characters, a higher level, or items the people who have been playing the longest have the most content at their disposal.

One cannot expect to start playing a game and within minutes have access to everything someone who has played for months or even weeks. To do so is incredibly entitled behavior.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I think I will miss out on tomorrow's event sadly.

I have been playing since December and have concentrated on so many toons and factions, but rebels have been a faction I have long ignored.

This is because the toons they released are generally poo.

* Biggs - thinks he's all that and got shot down in the first movie (technically the 4th movie)
    * Lando - is a traitor, lol
    * Ackbar - fishman who like's to say "It's a trap" he is a joke of the star wars universe.
    * Rebel hoth soldier and rebel hoth scout - ???? who are these people again, because they don't actually have names!!!
    * Luke - this was not the version of Luke we were all looking for.
    * Storm Trooper Han - where was actual Han Solo?? Now he has been released and almost impossible to get.
    * Lobot - such a memorable character...NOT.
    * Wedge - ok character, but again was only just released for P2P
    * Leia - about the only good toon worth getting for a rebel.

So that's it folks - why would I or any F2P player waste time on that line up??? when you have Jedi, Sith etc etc to unlock and level.

So developers say, lets start a challenge with toons that no one really cares about and annoy the hec out of everyone who has not played this game as P2P and unlocked and levelled everyone yet...ha ha ha

Not funny, I am sure Yoda would agree that EA's humour is a path to the dark side.
  • Looks like the Babadook to me...
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Boo wrote: »
    I think I will miss out on tomorrow's event sadly.

I have been playing since December and have concentrated on so many toons and factions, but rebels have been a faction I have long ignored.

This is because the toons they released are generally poo.

* Biggs - thinks he's all that and got shot down in the first movie (technically the 4th movie)
    * Lando - is a traitor, lol
    * Ackbar - fishman who like's to say "It's a trap" he is a joke of the star wars universe.
    * Rebel hoth soldier and rebel hoth scout - ???? who are these people again, because they don't actually have names!!!
    * Luke - this was not the version of Luke we were all looking for.
    * Storm Trooper Han - where was actual Han Solo?? Now he has been released and almost impossible to get.
    * Lobot - such a memorable character...NOT.
    * Wedge - ok character, but again was only just released for P2P
    * Leia - about the only good toon worth getting for a rebel.

So that's it folks - why would I or any F2P player waste time on that line up??? when you have Jedi, Sith etc etc to unlock and level.

So developers say, lets start a challenge with toons that no one really cares about and annoy the hec out of everyone who has not played this game as P2P and unlocked and levelled everyone yet...ha ha ha

Not funny, I am sure Yoda would agree that EA's humour is a path to the dark side.

Biggs - One of the best pilots in the Star Wars universe

Lando - A scoundrel and businessman who became a General in the Rebellion and only turned them in to protect the 5.4 million people he governed on Cloud City.

Admiral Ackbar - A primary Admiral of the Rebellion and one of the key designers of the Mon Calamari Cruiser which is more than a match for standard Star Destroyers.

Hoth Soldier/Scout - Much like Stormtrooper and Snow Trooper they are there to flesh out the 'tribe' but at this point I'm pretty sure you're just a troll so kudos for irritating me just enough to get a response.

Luke - The oddest choice for Luke, but when looking at the movies he does spend quite a bit of time as the brash farm-boy before becoming even a pseudo Jedi.

Stormtrooper Han - Pretty iconic as he's the version who rescues Leia, but I'll give you this one as its an oddity.

Lobot - Yeah...okay. He's pretty interesting in the Expanded Universe, but it would have been better to replace him with C3P-O or R2-D2.

Wedge Antilles - Son of Corellia, Leader of Rogue Squadron, creator of Wraith Squadron, and eventual General. I cannot wait for Wedge to become available for F2P.

Leia - Major mover and shaker in the Rebellion though with some pretty seriously questionable choices.

More than enough to make a solid team (I personally go with Ackbar, Leia, ST Han, Lando, and Biggs,) but I would like to see more added later. Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, Jedi Luke, and (the longest of shots, but a favorite character of mine) Corran Horn.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Troll? lol - ya ok.

My point is - why did the developers not lead with a possible rebel team with some legendary (and non P2P) toons to get people interested enough to invest in an all rebel team:

* Jedi/Rebel Luke - the version we are still looking for.
    * Han Solo - he's now available but its way easier to unlock Grievous - and that's saying something.
    * Leia - Done from the get go - no issues here,
    * Chewbacca - why the current chewie is a "clone wars Chewbacca" is annoying as hec.
    * Old Ben - yes he's a Jedi, but at this stage in his life he was the rebel's first Jedi general, so why he is not tagged as such is irritating!

I could go on - but right there is a staggering team of iconic toons from the original movie that I would have maxed out by now.

That's my point, I'm not trolling.