Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• I use 5-6 characters to get through GW. My primary are the cookie-cutters: 7* Sid, 7*Lumin, 4*JC, 4*Kylo, and recently, 3* Geonosian Soldier. I replaced 4* Boba with GS the other day. Last night I had to restart the third from last fight almost 35 times. The AI was determined to kill one or more of my characters from full health in the first round, not matter what re-configuration I did. Finally, I caught a break though, and was able to get the outcome I desired. There were times I could get to the last enemy character with all of my guys alive, then randomly get one-shotted by a Jawa (sarcasm), and other times, they would wipe out all but two of my character by the second round...

I've found that the strategies I have to use to win, aren't ones that can be consistently applied across the board, as pertains to the handling of a similarly configured enemy teams. It's all extremely random, and I learn nothing in the process, except to re-roll until I figure out that I it wants me to kill Luminara before Sid or Daka, and then even then, it will heavily depend on the placement of my characters in my lineup.
  • "Did The Wookie fail tank school ?"
    :D

• Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Vomiting wrote: »
    If you get 600 gems a day your in top 5 of arena.

And you can't finish gw....

Your server must be amazing....

Yeah, let's change places! Don't like the new GW, but have cleared it every time. Usually in the top 50, occasionally top 10.

Edit: zilch contribution to the thread, so adding a bit more.

Use my standard Arena team to bulldoze through lower difficulty, 1st 2~3 enemies. From then on, Daaka, Dooku, Sid, Lum and JC. Retreat and use the RNG to my advantage. If any number of different attacks don't work, change my team a bit. Save the cannon fodder till the last 3 battles. I rely heavily on the RNG and stun, heals. I usually never use Talia, save her for the moment when I'm about to go into a battle and all my healers are going through a cool down and I'm going to need a heal within the 1st rounds.

Basically, I retreat a lot.
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    Nzchimeran wrote: »
    How many toons do I need for this?
    I did better at lower levels, now it seems to be Phasma, Dooku/Sid Poe teams earlier and earlier.
    I try the cannon fodder to burn their specials, but going in again they always have the first round. Dooku stuns, multi attacks, then it's just carnage, Sid heal immunity ( I don't have Barriss )
    As I level up, I seem to be going backwards.
    Is GW just P2W?
    Should I be happy with my 600 gems a day and reset and shut up.
    ps,....
    Did The Wookie fail tank school ? Why he only get 1 round of taunt? That's a lose against a Poe team.

I'm f2p and haven't failed a single GW since my first one,

yea me too...i never spent any penny into this game..and i always finished GW everyday...
  • Vomiting wrote: »

He obviously meant GW tokens.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Did The Wookie fail tank school ? Why he only get 1 round of taunt? That's a lose against a Poe team.

The reason why Poe and Han have a two turn taunt is due to their speed... As such their taunt will only last slightly longer than Chewbacca's taunt due to his slower speed. If time was being equal.. this is a theortical way of looking at it not actual hard numbers

Poe and Hans taunt would last around 20 seconds... (2 turns their turns)

Now because of chewbacca's slower speed... his taunt would last around 15 seconds (1 of his turns)

You'll find the same with the slower tanks that taunt, their taunts don't last as long... but the faster ones will..

Hope that makes sense
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

He's talking about GW green tokens. You can only get 500 crystals in Arena, max, and you have to finish first to get it.
    osz8jo.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016

He's talking about GW green tokens. You can only get 500 crystals in Arena, max, and you have to finish first to get it.
    osz8jo.png

Already pointed out by Stekcir_Leinad in a previous post, thank you.

Nice to see ppl take the effort to post screenies, :smiley:! The reason I still frequent game forums, there are always enough ppl who go the extra mile to help out.

Edit: show off :wink:

Thank god, someone here actually has a brain.
    Green sapphire thing looks like gemstone, yes is a war token.
    My bad thinking people would understand what I was on about....
    I guess these days we have to spell it out for the idiotays.

• Vouter wrote: »
    Heronmar wrote: »
    I did better at lower levels, now it seems to be Phasma, Dooku/Sid Poe teams earlier and earlier.
    I try the cannon fodder to burn their specials, but going in again they always have the first round. Dooku stuns, multi attacks, then it's just carnage, Sid heal immunity ( I don't have Barriss )
    Is GW just P2W?
    ps,....

yea me too...i never spent any penny into this game..and i always finished GW everyday...

Yes but as usual no one actually answers the question, just bunch trolls who " I'm so awesome worship me " bleets.

List your GW teams.
    How do I beat these combinations?
    I come across 3 in a row, my team can't last through it.
    I have 12 level 48-51 toons, most 4 stars and gear level 6
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    Vouter wrote: »
    Is GW just P2W?
    ps,....

Yes but as usual no one actually answers the question, just bunch trolls who " I'm so awesome worship me " bleets.

List your GW teams.

I like this guy :D.

What teams are you having trouble against? People aren't taking in count that when we were level 48-51, we had the option of retreating and force closing against level 60 teams, while now 48-51s just get the option of a reset against 60+. We had it WAY easier than they do now, and this is fact.
  • The 40-60 stretch has the hardest GW runs facing maxed teams. Once you reach cap and have extra resources to invest gear into other characters it will be much easier. I'm running Barriss leader, Sid, Dooku, JC and lumi, can pass all stages no problem by spacing heal out nicely. This team will have trouble against high burst FOTP and Leia teams but with retreat can cheese it out.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Strange how before i was almost beating GW and now not even close. The current format is boring and repetitive, no way im going out and in all the time screw that!. I just auto my way through then move on, GW is no fun for me anymore. I understand not everyone feels the way i do, but GW for me was so much more fun before my small roster team did well but not anymore!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.

Thank god, someone here actually has a brain.
    Green sapphire thing looks like gemstone, yes is a war token.
    My bad thinking people would understand what I was on about....
    I guess these days we have to spell it out for the idiotays.

I guess these days we have to be able to read the minds of those who can't properly articulate their thoughts...
    Is GW just P2W?
    ps,....

List your GW teams.

Oh those were serious questions? I thought it was just another rant.

There is no answer for this question... You can make do with 5 or 50 depends on what you have.

Is GW just P2W?
    Like other players said: no I'm f2p and complete it everyday.

Did The Wookie fail tank school ?
    Yes, that's why he became a smuggler.

Next time ask better questions and don't make your OP look like a rant.

My advice for GW:
    - Get 2-3 healers lumi and JC will work wonders, especially when JC gets -1 cooldown on his heal at level 58
    - Get heroes who can stun, like daka (she has a small heal as well) and dooku. If you miss your stun you can retreat and try again.
    - Focus dps and heroes who can heal block first (like sid, ig88 even kylo) when finish the fight you want to be full health
    - Don't expect to finish it everytime untill you get a better roster, aim for 2 shipments. This will help you get lumi fast

There are better guides for the new GW here on the forum, use the search function.

Good luck
  • Get a lot of healers and gw will be a breeze.

The 9th node is the hardest i always use team 2 followed by team 1 for it.

And in the contracy, i think the basic farmable heroes are really great for gw, so gw is not a p2w for sure.
  • Specifically against Dooku:

In the early battle I only use some stun skill on him, because otherwise his stun skill can hamper my progress. But otherwise, I leave him to be the last man standing. This way I can neuter hist 100% counter until the end of the battle. I avoid using AoE damage spells if he is in the opposing team.

My first strategy was to try to kill him ASAP, but I find better success in neutering him by giving the cold shoulder, so I can **** him in the end.

As said above, in your team composition get a bunch of healers.
    Focus on enemies wit hheal block ability, such as Sid, and those who can do high damage like call assist attack.
    Is GW just P2W?
    ps,....

List your GW teams.

my main GW squad consist
    sidious 7* , lumi 7*, phasma 7*, geo soldier 6*, daka6*, vader4*, ackbar6*, JC 6*
    all lvl 62 with max gear available..just rotate and adapt with enemy formation..thats all
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    My main squad changes in GW, but it always have Luminara (often as leader) and JC, unless heavy wounded.

Then the other 3 are a mix, depends on situation. Most the time, HK47, IG86, Geo Soldier. All those are 5*. Sometimes Daka, Fives, Sid, Poggle, Barris, IG88 (all those 4*, but IG88, who is 5*). I used Phasma for a while, but she is 3* and no longer play until I can develop her. I change the teams mostly because I like to play different squads, but I have done it with 6 guys in the past (main 5 plus a reinforcement), Normally I lose 1-2 chars, and replace 1-2 wounded ones to avoid danger, unless everything falls in my side RNGwise. So you need between 6 and 10 evenly geared toons, in my experience.

• My low spender team, clears GW every day, same 5 char without swap.

Barriss 4* lead
    Sid 7*
    Lumi 7*
    JC 6*
    Fives 6*

Secret: heals and slow with Fives. Usually applies slow on Sid after aoe, therefore can focus him before heal immune. Then use Fives for slowing high damage heroes before you can deal with them. Heal is self explanatory. This setup minimizes damage intake and still has decent damage, since all of them hit nicely except Barriss. Fives is good damage due to counter and assist.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have two accounts. One on a pretty high level server, and one on a fairly new one. Since the update I run it with five toons without subs on each server. And no retreats last run. No problems at all...
    Main acct, level 61: Lumi 7, Daka 5, Ventress 4 (lead), Dooku 4, HK 5
    Although acct, Level 51: Lumi 5, Luke 5, Sid 5 (lead), Elder 2, Phasma 3
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Guys,
    I Need help since i made The GW i dont Finish one!!
    Could you Tell me why Or which chars i should use.
    Here're my chars that i Could use for it:
    7*Sid
    5*Lumi
    4*dooku
    4*kylo
    4*Vader
    4*barris
    These were all Level 62 and Purple geared 7-8
    And The Others :
    Ventress
    JC
    Phasme
    Talia
    That was The chars i think there usefull and all Are over Level 57 so pls give me tips:)
  • Use lumi or bariss for a leader. I would rather use jc than dooku and keep dooku for hard node.
    Phasma might be better than vader for early nodes
    Is GW just P2W?
    ps,....

Since the change I have cleared every stage with zero retreating and only 1 member change when a heavy damage hitter is low on HP so they don't die opening of the next.

Here is the team I use

Limi
    Sid
    Geo
    JC
    Talia

Geo gets changed out for night sister or ventures
    Or Talia's gets changed for Daka
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Healers Healers Healers oh and did I say healers? I have my characters started up a bit more but run 2-3 healers, Lumi 7*, JC 6*, Barris 4*, Daka 5*. Typically Lumi and JC at higher battles. I also have a tank team that I have been working on building that I use Kylo in to take out a couple Characters in the later battle typically I have to sacrifice a team in the last or second to last battle.
  • Use Luma as lead as each turn the character gets health. I would also focus on her to star up next to 7 and abilities max levelled

I would change Vader out for Phasma for the extra assists coupled with doku
  • Sid, lumi, JC, Barriss, Dooku. This team full clears GW for me ever since I've used it. Barriss leader and Use JC for standard heals, lumi heals after taking heavy aoe, and Barriss heals for when you get focused with Sid debuff. Leave low damage character for last to recover your cool downs.