GW is NOT Impossible - Guide to not throwing your phone

2Next

Replies

• SpencersSocks
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I get through it everyday with qgj Rey gs and daka.... I swap leads between dooku Phasma and Teebo depending on who I'm facing making sure to use each of them at least once in the easy beginning nodes... If it's heavy Jedi I use dooku if it's heavy counter I use Teebo and for everything else I use Phasma.... Drop the dangerous toons first or stun them with daka... Easy...

And I'm a weirdo who farmed plo koon but he is crazy useful for the occasional Teebo lead teams....
  • The best team I've found is Teebo lead, EE, Daka, and then for filler I use Palpatine and Biggs. I may switch out the last two for Lumi and 555s or QGJ on node 9. This gets me through 11 nodes usually. Then unleash my whole squad on 12 if necessary.

If I get a high protection opponent, I've found my empire team with Vader lead knocks most of their protection out (Vader, RG, Magma, snowtrooper, and Talia for a touch of healing).
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've stopped using a One Team strategy. By the time you get to the 9th node you're out of protection and are facing off against people with fully-loaded mods that essentially double the protection on their characters, which means every fight is an uphill fight.

What I do now instead is use my original One Team (Luminara, Daka, Rey, Qui-Gon, Royal Guard) for the first node ONLY. Second node onward I use my next five best guys (HK, 86, Grievous, Jawa Engineer, and someone else--usually one of Han, Talia, or Lobot) until that team stops being effective. They can usually power through to node 9 or 10, at which point I put my original One Team back in.

This means my best characters are facing off against only a few nodes with all their health and almost all their protection intact, but most importantly they still have carried-over turn meter from that first fight.

EDIT: FWIW, I spent a little money when I first started, but by the time I reached level 40 and started Galactic War, I had stopped spending. I've been playing since mid February. So all those characters are attainable with patience and hard work!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I beat gw with hk47 (L), ig86, ig88, je and ig100/rg/sthan everyday in 20-25 mins oO
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Barriss as a leader is useless when most of your squad still has protection. You're a lot better off using an offensive lead like Phasma, who's much easier to farm.
    Also EE is very hard to get to 7* and doesn't provide much for your team if you aren't running more Ewoks. I'd suggest replacing him with Daka, easier to farm, you double up on your stuns, and she still has a rez/heal

I use Barris as an one all team, so she's from start to end. So after the protection is gone, in the hard nodes, Barris becomes viable. Barris does hit a wet noodle, but for some reason she's been working well for me. I do actually swap in Phasma for lead when I get to hard nodes and Barris is not doing much for me, but surprisingly I can survive with Barris most of the time. Usually when dodge leads come in I take her out.

EE is actually pretty fast if you invest in the guild store, almost as fast a Rey build. I do like Daka and she's great for GW, I just like EE TM up basic better. EE is also 100% reliable rez and is great for raids. Just IMO.

That's the point. Bariss should be the sub who gets tm in node 1 and bench her until node 7 or 8 when your protection is gone and you need a heal. In all other nodes i would use phasma lead. My A team is phasma lead gs ig86 rey and qgj with sthan for nodes 6 and 9. I dont use a healer. I have all of them maxed geared and well modded
  • Anyone running a decent Chief Nebit in GW? He's next on my list and am curious how well he works keeping your main team's protection up before the final nodes.

Mine is g8 still. He is ok. When I get him to gear 10, I'm sure he will be solid. But for a droid team, specifically, it is hard to justify him. For GW.

I either steamroll teams without rex or counters using all droids plus qgj or GS. Or I use qgj and RG if they got 5s or aayla or rex or fac. Nebit is more of a suicide tank for me at his current gear and is rarely worth the effort. Even at higher gear, he can't stun. So he will soak up a lot of damage against counter teams.
  • I've only not completed once since starting in december.
    34k Arena team. Regularly 1+ million in raid in 1 team any t7 phase but 4. No major p2w here and only got into t7 a couple weeks ago.

Here's the only advice you'll ever need to complete it.

#1 Don't focus farm an arena team to be so far above your bench players that they are worthless scrubs.
    #2 Have a deep bench of marginally developed characters.
    #3 Use the lower nodes 1-5, 7-8 to charge up turn meter for your A and B teams.
    #4 when you don't need turn meter for a major player, use a lower level sub or 2 on your team. They won't nick anyone on 11 or 12, so if they die earlier than that its OK.
    #5 Retreat if you lose a major piece, such as your dispeller, or taunter before 11/12. If anyone dies in any node other than 6/9/11/12, rethink your tactics or team, its bad.
    #6 Do not use suicide squads. This used to be a great tactic, but turn meter changes have turned this into a bad thing to do now.
    #7 Try to beat the node without losing anyone, and using the lowest possible power level champs you can to win. I get through GW fully using AA, Luke, JC, Poggle and a 5th substitute based on who Im up against. None of the above toons are over gear 8. Poggle and JC are lvl 60, Luke is 70. Noone has Omega anything.

GW is a breeze. I did 3 runs this morning in about 2 hrs total on my main. The only ones failing GW are the ones that have completely specialized a single team for arena from what I've seen.

Arena is possibly the most fun/challenge in this game, but people are so caught up in their ranks that they lose sight of everything else. If you are hardcore and able to snipe for top ranks every payout the rewards are not that impressive enough to lose out of all the other sections of the game. Even getting rank 1 when it comes down to it, does not give enough to justify completely focusing to a single team. The difference between say 5th at payout and 50th at payout really isnt that much different. 100 crystals and 100 tokens?
    My main hangs around 50th, and I have an alt that hits top 5 on another server. The difference is negligible.
    Over a month, thats literally only $20 worth of difference in crystals. IE not enough for me to make it a point to be on and in snipe mode everyday. And chances are you won't be able to max out whatever character you are farming out shards for instantly either, so really, what do you think your getting by completely focusing on a single team to get a miniscule payout in a single mode, vs completely developing your collection?

I agree with most of your advice but completely disagree with yiur take on arena. You compare rank 5 amd 50 but if you can get to 5 you can get to 1 where you get 500 crystals and 900 arena tokens daily. That allows you to farm more buy raid gear buy credits and arena shards
  • It is simple,
    put your heavy hitters in on easy nodes!
    Win with their turn meter high!
    *because that turn meter convertes into a speed boost on their' next node.
    They will go first, next time you play that character.
    Save A team for node 1, 6, 9, 12(11) heal in between in needed, but win with turn meter!
    Light of north aka darkmal
  • Light34north
    42 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I like to win an easy node, with high turn meter on a strong healer. I'll save her till end, if I need her to jump in, and heal everyone before the other team hits!
  • Anyone running a decent Chief Nebit in GW? He's next on my list and am curious how well he works keeping your main team's protection up before the final nodes.

I have found that if you finish a battle with his protection buff on, the bonus becomes permanent the next round (ie it actually heals your protection)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yep. I rotate out the locked and loaded toons, as many as possible in node 1 to 5. I dont run a/b/c team. I'm mixing and matching toons by speed and retreat/redo so that 2 or maybe even 3 will end with near full TM. Then bench only those toons. I will take 4 or 5 extra hits in nodes 1 to 5 to do this. Nothing but a scratch in those first nodes. Then in node 6 I have a choice of toons to make a team where all 5 are near full TM which can gimp the enemy before they move. Sometimes node 6 gets only one return hit against me.

Healer useless except maybe in node 10. The lull after the first big test. Even with full TM, if u have to bring barisse into node 11, u screwed up. That is a spot and a turn for dps/stun/block/tm. Do the heal in node 10.
  • As far as protectors RG is great but I recent got chew up to a usable level and having a second large health pool protector has made a huge difference. I always finish GW but now with chewie it is even easier.
  • Even using all these techniques I still run into teams that absolutely destroy me, esp on node 12. I get lucky maybe once a week and get through a gw with my whole bench and protection gone on my top team only. My B team kills one and reduces protection on others. C & D clear out one more with a little more protection on the others. Then my A team goes in and against those 3 remaining toons I have maybe 2 or 3 survivors. If I finish.

No amount of strategy will fix having unfavorable matchups or node 12 super teams. The only solution is to keep adding to your toons until the game starts spitting out green teams on node 12

• I beat GW every day. 39k power. Barely lose any toons.
  • I lost once in past month, when I deviated from my normal plan... I got lazy lol
    36,474 arena power rank 8 now....
    Save turn meter!
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My 2 teams that i havent failed a GW since they buffed it on 2 accounts.

HK47 L,88,86,JE,Nebit (using Nebits taunt even when you dont need it at the end of a match with reset your droids cools quicker). This Team is also #1 in arena 2 days in a row since i added Nebit.

Teebo L, EE,Chirpa, Rey, QGJ . TM manipulation can allow me to beat node 6 without the enemy even getting more than 1 hit on me some days. Save Chirpa unity when teebo is stealthed and u can stop two DPS from even going.
  • A kill limit of 999,999 is hardcoded into GW killbots. I just send wave after wave of younglings into the fray until the limit is reached.

Nice Futurama reference!
  • I've only not completed once since starting in december.
    34k Arena team. Regularly 1+ million in raid in 1 team any t7 phase but 4. No major p2w here and only got into t7 a couple weeks ago.

Here's the only advice you'll ever need to complete it.

#1 Don't focus farm an arena team to be so far above your bench players that they are worthless scrubs.
    #2 Have a deep bench of marginally developed characters.
    #3 Use the lower nodes 1-5, 7-8 to charge up turn meter for your A and B teams.
    #4 when you don't need turn meter for a major player, use a lower level sub or 2 on your team. They won't nick anyone on 11 or 12, so if they die earlier than that its OK.
    #5 Retreat if you lose a major piece, such as your dispeller, or taunter before 11/12. If anyone dies in any node other than 6/9/11/12, rethink your tactics or team, its bad.
    #6 Do not use suicide squads. This used to be a great tactic, but turn meter changes have turned this into a bad thing to do now.
    #7 Try to beat the node without losing anyone, and using the lowest possible power level champs you can to win. I get through GW fully using AA, Luke, JC, Poggle and a 5th substitute based on who Im up against. None of the above toons are over gear 8. Poggle and JC are lvl 60, Luke is 70. Noone has Omega anything.

GW is a breeze. I did 3 runs this morning in about 2 hrs total on my main. The only ones failing GW are the ones that have completely specialized a single team for arena from what I've seen.

Arena is possibly the most fun/challenge in this game, but people are so caught up in their ranks that they lose sight of everything else. If you are hardcore and able to snipe for top ranks every payout the rewards are not that impressive enough to lose out of all the other sections of the game. Even getting rank 1 when it comes down to it, does not give enough to justify completely focusing to a single team. The difference between say 5th at payout and 50th at payout really isnt that much different. 100 crystals and 100 tokens?
    My main hangs around 50th, and I have an alt that hits top 5 on another server. The difference is negligible.
    Over a month, thats literally only $20 worth of difference in crystals. IE not enough for me to make it a point to be on and in snipe mode everyday. And chances are you won't be able to max out whatever character you are farming out shards for instantly either, so really, what do you think your getting by completely focusing on a single team to get a miniscule payout in a single mode, vs completely developing your collection?

I believe that your post was meant to be helpful because I think the best in people most of the time. I completely agree that the key to GW is that you have to have a deep bench with multiple options for success at any given node. I also feel that you are so completely oblivious to what is actually making people angry about GW that you need to re-read your post and stop at the part where you say GW is a breeze and then think about any number of reasons why that is horrible statement in a situation where players played by the rules and built teams given the limited resources they had and then the rules changed. It is easy to say that people made bad decisions, but they weren't bad decisions a few weeks ago, in a resource constrained environment. When you could win GW by having a top 5 and a bunch of suicide squads then that is what you did because it made the most sense. They changed it on the players and it is a disservice to them to claim they were making bad decisions. Moving forward we can all understand the new requirements but to discount the players who rightfully feel that the rug was yanked out from under their feet is unfair.

P.S. Feel free to look up my other posts that GW is actually mostly fine in its current format but the power calculation system seriously needs to be reworked, which will probably answer the other half of the outcry about GW.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Bariss still holds it down for me. Her lead ability omega'd with 6 health mods give my other 4 Jedi a 3,228 passive heal at the the start of each of their turns and a 2,421 heal on her basic attack half the time. Paired with Lumi (modded same), Aayla, Ani and QGJ...I am able to auto GW.

Granted my nodes 11 & 12 are 3* greens. Not like I'm complaining, but there is a satisfaction with auto'ing the whole thing.

Long story short, don't disregard a Bariss lead, I started with it and will keep it.
  • Isnt that worthless until your toons lose protection?
  • Just smoked through gw with a palpatine team. EP (lead), Bariss, Vader, Phasma, RG. Very easy to do. Ep is 5* gear lvl 4 and lvl 56, barriss 5* gear lvl 8 lvl 76, vader 5* gear lvl 9 lvl 77, phasma 7* gear lvl 8 lvl 80, RG 4* gear lvl 8 lvl 76. Did need to withdraw from battle twice, otherwise it was easy peasy. Before i got palpatine i would run phasma (lead), rg, barriss (occasionally as lead), qgj, and vader. This was and still is an extremely viable team and if i hit a snag with palpatine in lead will go back to it at once. Rg to stun, vader to load up the dots and killing blow, qgj to remove enemy's attempt to circumvent vader's destruction, and phasma to bump turn meter so vader does not miss his chance due to slooooow turn meter. This is relevant before and after the mods were added btw.