Community\Game Update 8/17/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Taking credit for this, you're welcome everybody! Lol thank you CG!
  • OMG im gonna spend 2k crystal for cantina refresh like right now!
    /s
    the cake is a lie
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Standing in for EA Jesse :)

• Game Update Notification: There will now be a newsletter notification with each major update that will link you to the full update notes in the forums

Might be a good idea to post the update in the right place then?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Great update. Thanks EA/CG! Next time, maybe we'll see some love for Boba too. I haven't spent since mods went live, this may just change that.

Edit: no sarcasm is intended. I really do like this update. Just throwing out some optimism for a Boba buff in the near future.
  • Perhaps there is hope after all! Finally a worthy update, good job!
  • Heina
    110 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    thank you @CG_RyDiggs ;) here's a beer. Cheers!
    Hey all,

Cad Bane
    • Basic ability damage increased by ~25%

I'm surprised about the Cad Bane Buff. I honestly thought the devs forgot he existed considering how long his Leader ability has been broken. Since he is no longer completely forgotten, any word on fixing that?

What's wrong with his leader? It's just a more specific old Ben... Seems good to me.
  • I shall give before more is taken
  • Thank you CG for making the quality of life improvements with this update! Extra cantina energy was needed but you took it a step further and recognized that cantina energy needed to match regular energy. Also the shard drop rate buff Is also a great improvement and one appreciated! So thank you for your effort and support to the community :)
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Lots of Jawa bug fixes...The QAer (I assume there's only one) must've been testing those little guys for the new raid.
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    the shard drop rate buff Is also a great improvement and one appreciated! So thank you for your effort and support to the community :)

did not see that one, i think shard/gear droprate the same as usual
    the cake is a lie
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yoda should have been long fixed since he could almost match the Emperor in the movie, while that event did three tours and Yoda is still weak.
  • I've just 7*-ed Cad, woohoo!

I'm very happy with this update, hope you can replace Jesse if you're going to bring good news every time ;) (joke, pls don't ban me! :D)
  • Thanks a lot for this update!!!! Really happy!!!! :p

Please take out 3* and 4* mods from the tier 3 mods challenges :)
  • Title says it all

Massive damage increase, potency increase to many underused Jedi characters.

Palpatine as leader just made every last Sith and Empire character totally viable, with tons of interesting routes to take.

Rebels become desirable not just intrinsically, but more specifically for Palpatine event.

Yoda becomes a perfect antithesis to Palpatine, making Yoda more desirable.

On another note, I haven't seen the moderate whom posted the most recent update post before, anybody know if this moderator is the new go-between for EA and customers?
  • Phu
    17 posts Member
    Makes me glad I filled out the questionnaire.

I've still had nebits taunt fail to work. Also had jawa engineer try to Rez him like a droid when everyone else was on full health with some protection.
  • Why at noon? and not the first time you collect free energy, for those of us that work nights we will always miss it...

also in hte update notes" Fixed a bug that could allow enemy Droids to Resist the activation of Dathcha's Leader ability, preventing it from working on them for the rest of the"

misses encounter i assume
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Title says it all

Massive damage increase, potency increase to many underused Jedi characters.

Palpatine as leader just made every last Sith and Empire character totally viable, with tons of interesting routes to take.

Rebels become desirable not just intrinsically, but more specifically for Palpatine event.

Yoda becomes a perfect antithesis to Palpatine, making Yoda more desirable.

On another note, I haven't seen the moderate whom posted the most recent update post before, anybody know if this moderator is the new go-between for EA and customers?

Rex will be better than Yoda against Palpatine
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Sounds like an amazing update would have loved some boba fett rework but i guess you cant have everything. but id be a fool to think its being done out of the kindness of your heart... We'll see anyway. Eveeyone look out for stealth nerfs and massive buffs!
  • Looks like some very nice changes. Only my first cantina refresh is still showing 100. Anyone tried this yet?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Looks like some very nice changes. Only my first cantina refresh is still showing 100. Anyone tried this yet?

I think it's 100, 100, 200 now but wait until daily reset to be sure
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Looks like some very nice changes. Only my first cantina refresh is still showing 100. Anyone tried this yet?

It should be 50 now after client restart, because mine is still 100 after I refreshed with 100 crystals.
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    the shard drop rate buff Is also a great improvement and one appreciated! So thank you for your effort and support to the community :)

did not see that one, i think shard/gear droprate the same as usual

That happen with the minor update a couple days ago
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
    GENERAL
    • Free Daily Cantina Energy at noon: Starting with this update, every day at Noon, local time, when you collect your free normal 45 Energy, you will now get to collect 45 free Cantina Energy!

How about you guys fix the timer so that it does in fact drop when you post that it will drop. really just fix the timer in general. Its a clock, its not that hard.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    DieInFire wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for this update!!!! Really happy!!!! :p

Please take out 3* and 4* mods from the tier 3 mods challenges :)

Even they do, I don't have credits to upgrade them. I have enough V mods to equip four teams, but no credits to upgrade them, 500K each is too much!
  • 3Edward9 wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »

It should be 50 now after client restart, because mine is still 100 after I refreshed with 100 crystals.
    So its prob 100 100 200 like the post above yours mentions.
  • This is a terrific update, thank you so much for the Cantina bonus energy and for reducing the cost of refreshes! I'm still working on maxing some characters (working on Luke right now for the Empire event), and this will make a huge difference. *applause*
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Great update only bummer for me is I work nights so gonna miss the free 45 cantina energy 5 days a week as will be asleep but this is a case of doodoo happens I guess
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    KRIS_1220 wrote: »
    Great update only bummer for me is I work nights so gonna miss the free 45 cantina energy 5 days a week as will be asleep but this is a case of doodoo happens I guess

Set an alarm
    Cantina energy > Sleep
    Star Wars > Sleep :smile:
    Make Zader Great Again!