PVP Award Lock-in Time

Is the PVP award time the same for everyone on a server? I'm watching people fight over positions right after the award reset. This makes no sense to me (I am presuming people are just not messing around trying to be in first place for no good reason...but I leave open the possibility that this is the case).

So the question is, have people on the same server compared their award reset times? Are the game-wide resets the same across a server? Are all the timers global?

Replies

• I think its to stop people from sniping your spot, since the only way to attack rank 1 is to be in the top 3. The higher rank you are the less people you have to worry about harassing you and dropping you by 10 ranks, but that's my theory.
  • Phyneas
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    TyberZann wrote: »
    I think its to stop people from sniping your spot, since the only way to attack rank 1 is to be in the top 3. The higher rank you are the less people you have to worry about harassing you and dropping you by 10 ranks, but that's my theory.

But why would they do that right after the reset? They have 24 hours before it matters again. Not to mention that they have absolutely no hope of holding the first spot for 24 hours given the current meta.

So my question remains, are there multiple award timers?

Edit: I went from #1 to #11 after taking the award. I think that's sufficient proof that being in the top spot does absolutely nothing to prevent sniping (in fact I'd argue that it begs for you to be attacked). To be honest I'd rather sit and chill at #11-13 all day and just take #1 back within 2 battles when its time for awards.
  • Than I got nothing, I always assumed there was only one reset timer for everyone on a particular server, maybe people attacked after the reset to possibly test the enemy team to see if they can be beat and devise a strategy against that particular group for the next reset, and the fact that they won and got the spot means they can do it again the following day.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I actually think it is based on your time zone and is 6 pm for everyone. However servers are not time zone based. So especially if you are, say, in the US Central, Mountain or Pacific zones, you could see a bunch of activity after 6 pm Eastern. Same would happen in Europe and Asia.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I actually think it is based on your time zone and is 6 pm for everyone. However servers are not time zone based. So especially if you are, say, in the US Central, Mountain or Pacific zones, you could see a bunch of activity after 6 pm Eastern. Same would happen in Europe and Asia.

So each server has their own reset at 6pm server time? This makes sense. I was in Asia when I downloaded this game and now I'm stuck on 4am eastern resets. This is really going to screw my sleeping schedule.

So all those people messing around after the reset is just burning battles?
  • The time is annoying for me since I spend the final hour driving home on my commute (and at work for 10 hours before that!).

Basically it's the worst time it could be, my play time starts just after the cut off, leaving 20 hours for my progress to be wiped out before the deadline!
  • Haider
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am on Central US Time (GMT - 6)
    My reward time is at 6:00 PM central 12:00 midnight GMT.

If you guys can share your time zones and reward times will help us figure this out.

OPTION 1: It is 12 midnight GMT for everyone independent of their time zone.
    OPTION 2: It's at 6:00 PM for everyone depending on their time zone.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• 6PM on my time and 12 MN reset, rush arena roughly an hour before prize
  • PikaChu wrote: »
    6PM on my time and 12 MN reset, rush arena roughly an hour before prize

Thanks what time zone are you in?

• Im in the pacific time zone, my PVP resets at 6pm, and the game resets at midnight
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Im in the pacific time zone, my PVP resets at 6pm, and the game resets at midnight

Thanks so its 6:00 PM depending on your time zone.

• Haider wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Im in the pacific time zone, my PVP resets at 6pm, and the game resets at midnight

Thanks so its 6:00 PM depending on your time zone.

Interesting. So all the players in the same PVP arena are in the same time zone? Or could it be that different people in the same arena are getting their award on their local 6pm?

So technically two people, one on eastern and one on Central can both get the #1 prize so long as they are in first at 6pm their local time in a given day?
  • I'm on Eastern Standard time (-5 GMT) and PVP reset is 6PM local time and Game resets at midnight local time.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I am GMT +10 and my reset times are the same. Haven't seen anyone from my arena in here yet either.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • In Germany it is 6 PM and the reset is at 12 PM (Night)
  • You can be in the same server, yet have different award times. This is rather apparent as I realised diff groups of people are fighting over spots at particular time periods.

This is all the more apparent in soft launch server, all top100 are highly active, competitive and similar strength. Daily, at fixed times throughout the day, the same few would kill their way into top10, another group would then start their climb to top10 a few hours later. So on and so forth.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    You can be in the same server, yet have different award times. This is rather apparent as I realised diff groups of people are fighting over spots at particular time periods.

This is all the more apparent in soft launch server, all top100 are highly active, competitive and similar strength. Daily, at fixed times throughout the day, the same few would kill their way into top10, another group would then start their climb to top10 a few hours later. So on and so forth.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
  • I'm happy you brought out this topic because I wondered if your phones local time affected when you'd receive your reward. Can you change your time zone on your phone and receive packages early??? That's the question I considered but forgot about until now....
  • I'm happy you brought out this topic because I wondered if your phones local time affected when you'd receive your reward. Can you change your time zone on your phone and receive packages early??? That's the question I considered but forgot about until now....

I tried doesnt seem to work.
    Got Im2Awesome on my time zone lucky me lol.
    Tough fight for rank 1 each day.

• interesting, it does make sense now. i started the game late at night so i probably got placed on a hawaii/japan server or something, which explains why theres lots of activity at night and not much during the day
  • That explains what happens on my bracket. The same people always gets number one in my bracket at same time everyday ( which is different time for each one ). But when it gets close to 6 pm my time, I'm the only one active and I take the number 1 slot. Which I loose in the next hour, to the same person