How Does -20 Potency Work Exactly?

KeyMan64x
794 posts Member
edited August 2016
This is a new and wonderful feature brought to us by our friends at EA along with their release of the Iconic, Difficult to Obtain and Difficult to Gear.... Han Solo!....and of course with the introduction of Palpatine who applies -23% Potency to all Jedi and Rebels.

So, if you don't put any mods on Han Solo that provide extra potency but have him 7* Max Gear X, he is blessed with a massive 12% Potency. However, if you face a Palpatine team, 12-32= -20

What's the word in the English language that has the following definitions? I seem to have forgotten.
1. not potent; lacking power or ability.
2. utterly unable (to do something).
3. without force or effectiveness.
4. lacking bodily strength or physically helpless.
5. something to do with males goes here.
6. sterile
7. Obsolete. without restraint.

Will there be a special animation associated with this scenario? I want to see it! Instead of shooting first and stunning maybe we can just see him crawl across the screen to Palpatine and kiss his feet? Can we get this implemented? If you want to give us a completely BROKEN Han Solo, I hope you will at least make it interesting.

Since Teebo has never been fixed with all of his problems and false advertising and EA has known about it for what, 6-8 months+....will Han Solo ever be fixed?

With the Palpatine Introduction, Han Solo needs to be given at least a base level of 50% Potency. Then with mods, you can get him reasonably into the 70s or 80s....then when he faces Palpatine that gets reduced by 23% which I can almost live with.

But starting Han Solo 7* Gear X Max, at 12% is ridiculous when one of his primary features is to stun when he shoots first.

Let's take a look at other characters who have stun as a primary ability and their BASE LEVEL potency when at MAX GEAR.

Palpatine's base Potency is 47%.
Daka's base Potency is 50%.
Dooku's base Potency is 75%.
Royal Guard's base Potency for his tickle stick is even 38%.

Why is Han Solo broken/handicapped at 12%? He needs to be at least 50%, preferably 75%! Otherwise he is falsely advertised and his description needs to be changed to will NOT stun.

So, please tell me how "Negative 11 Potency" works on this icon character. I want to see the animation listed above.

@EA_Jesse
@CG_RyDiggs
@CG_Kozispoon
@CG_JohnSalera
@CG_NotReallyAJedi
@CG_LucifersDaddy

Replies

• Han solo is just a nerf Herder. You need to bow down to your Emperor. Also Han can get to 50%+ with mods.
  • its not some sort of dark magic. Any potency in the negative would just act as 0... just like if your char has 5000 health and gets damaged by a 7000 attack, he now has 0 health... not an obscure -2000 health.

Also you are freaking out about stuff no one has seen in actual yet, give it some time and if you are still so wonderfully amazed by the idea of 'negative' potency then rant on
  • Han solo is just a nerf Herder. You need to bow down to your Emperor. Also Han can get to 50%+ with mods.

At the expense of Health/Protection, Critical Chance and Speed....I know he can get close to that. I have him at 48% but he only stuns sometimes. Why does the ability say WILL STUN when he WILL NOT. And why is he given to us broken when all of the other characters that I listed have so much higher potency?
  • Its actually 32% maxed soooo
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Han solo is just a nerf Herder. You need to bow down to your Emperor. Also Han can get to 50%+ with mods.

At the expense of Health/Protection, Critical Chance and Speed....I know he can get close to that. I have him at 48% but he only stuns sometimes. Why does the ability say WILL STUN when he WILL NOT. And why is he given to us broken when all of the other characters that I listed have so much higher potency?

Its no different than 88 lead not applying a DOT on every critical hit as advertised.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Ahhh, good to know. I forgot to look on a website that works swgoh.gg
    So, how exactly does -20% Potency Work?
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    its not some sort of dark magic. Any potency in the negative would just act as 0... just like if your char has 5000 health and gets damaged by a 7000 attack, he now has 0 health... not an obscure -2000 health.

Also you are freaking out about stuff no one has seen in actual yet, give it some time and if you are still so wonderfully amazed by the idea of 'negative' potency then rant on

I am more wonderfully amazed at how such an iconic character as Han Solo can be released to us that is broken to start off when he is so difficult to obtain and gear.
  • im a week or so away from obtaining him so cant comment from personal experience but those in my guild seem to think he is viable and fun! even at just 6*.
    Though my guild members are very wise with mods, and team comp which may make him more effective.

I hear Han Solo as a whole character is great, while the BONUS shot/stun might not be the best move in the game, his character set up is still prettty useful
  • im a week or so away from obtaining him so cant comment from personal experience but those in my guild seem to think he is viable and fun! even at just 6*.
    Though my guild members are very wise with mods, and team comp which may make him more effective.

I hear Han Solo as a whole character is great, while the BONUS shot/stun might not be the best move in the game, his character set up is still prettty useful

Feel free to read my entire post on how to MOD him correctly if you like. He has the potential to be very good but will be complete garbage if EA does not fix his potency.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62655/speed-broke-the-game-but-theres-a-solution-but
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Han solo is just a nerf Herder. You need to bow down to your Emperor. Also Han can get to 50%+ with mods.

Its no different than 88 lead not applying a DOT on every critical hit as advertised.

It's no different than teebo, when stealthed, NS initiate with basic crit, 5's basic, Luke special, Talia special, Sid basic and special, Vader force crush.....

They all state debuff if this happens or debuff. Debuffs, with few exceptions, go through potency vs tenacity role.