The Ultimate PvP Squad Explained In Detail

Replies

• ObiWang wrote: »
    Leia*

That's right I'm the annoying one in this thread lol.

Lol! Its her cousin. Leah.
  • I finally can reliably beat counter teams but had to drop Leia to do it and add Barriss. Which hurt my dps losing 25% crit chance but the second healer keeps my AoE afloat long enough to get there hp low enough to potshot them off one at a time. But I have only tested this against teams I outgear so not 100% sure if its reliable.
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I think Counter Attack is a powerful way to...

Ding Ding Ding Ding!! Someone finally revealed the true 'ultimate pvp team' of the current meta.
    I personally experienced fighting this setup and I must say, it is the most difficult team to compete against and I can only secure a win at 30% chance at best (Lots of luck required).

Competed against this setup when the opponent has all the said characters at lvl60, 6/7*, purple gear. What did I use to compete against that with a 30% win rate can be seen from my usual setup on my 'soft launch experience thread'.

But there is no perfect team in SWGOH now without its counters. Even this 'sick' setup has its nemesis.

*Drumrollssssss

DROIDSSSSS!!!
    200.gif
    The weakness of the counter-attack team is it's huge lack of speed. All 5 units operate at snail pace. The ultimate counter, the perfect droid team (it's revealed somewhere out there, by me as well :* ).
    1. POOOGGLEEE the lesser which has amazing speed allowing it to cast offense/speed up to all droids before any of the droid's turn. Or any of the above said jedi's turn.
    2. Following which, due to speed up, all your droids should have a turn before most of the jedi's (at best aayla or kit has moved, but they can't do any skill block, maybe Aayla stuns you on crit, hope not).
    3. Now here's the funny part, because most droids are anti-jedi, IG-86's skill that calls an assist, can instantly kill Jedi of your choice, as long as the assist call is not on Poggle. (Read skill to understand why). So you can choose to instantly kill Barriss or Aayla or Kit Fisto, the other 2 can be left alone.
    4. Had a little bad luck? Didn't instantly kill anyone? That poor jedi should be on its knees, red in health at least, due to speed up, IG-88 turn is next, time to clean up with that AOE sweep + ability block
    5. It should be IG-88's turn again, 3 criticals from the AoE is all it takes to fill up turn meter again, snipe another jedi down. (he shouldn't be bashed down by counters here. Worse case scenario, all 5 jedi counters you after surviving AoE, such luck, if so, skip this)
    6. Ohhh... so now we either have lots of dead jedi or with some bad luck, lots of half dead jedi. No worries, HK-47 turn is next, throw the MEATBAG MAYHEM (what an awesome skill name), 50% chance to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down. Now, if there isn't at least 1 jedi dead from buffed AoEs and single target focus, something is wrong, but even if something is wrong, they are mostly debuffed.
    7. HK-47's turn again, AoE 3 crits = free turn remember? HK-47 gets to snipe someone down as well with basic, and boy does he hurt too.
    8. Most jedi's should move before IG-100 does, whatever's left anyway :D
    9. IG-100, with an AoE that burns turn meter of jedi's by 30% at a 90% chance. Criticals made by IG-100 against jedi debuff offense down at 100%.
    10. 3 Crits and its IG-100 turn again.
    11. Rinse and repeat till jedi scum vanishes

Of cos, it's only possible to field such a droid team with lots of grinding or $$$. At least it's all farmable.
    But it is indefinitely cheaper to get compared to the 'ultimate pvp team', which still wrecks everything but this droid setup.

Because the 'ultimate pvp team' has such a huge loophole against droids, the counter-attack hype died down in soft launch arena quickly, and everyone is back to Darth Sid / Lumi / Opress / Barriss leader teams again (these teams are more unpredictable and difficult to counter)
  • Thank you Sero for that information!! Very detailed and I appreciate the time it took to write it out. Another tool in the tool bag and goal to work towards.
  • Y'know, even though there is a lot of complaining about OP characters and p2w in these threads (of course there is, it's the internet!) I'm really very reassured that there doesn't appear to be a single best team at high levels of play. Obviously the devs are still balancing stuff, but it really seems like there's a bit of rock-paper-scissors emerging already, which is great.
  • I don't know if it changes once the skills are levelled up, but if not then surely Sidious' leader skill of better than Boba's?
  • DMaas
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SeroZero wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I think Counter Attack is a powerful way to...

Ding Ding Ding Ding!! Someone finally revealed the true 'ultimate pvp team' of the current meta.
    I personally experienced fighting this setup and I must say, it is the most difficult team to compete against and I can only secure a win at 30% chance at best (Lots of luck required).

Competed against this setup when the opponent has all the said characters at lvl60, 6/7*, purple gear. What did I use to compete against that with a 30% win rate can be seen from my usual setup on my 'soft launch experience thread'.

But there is no perfect team in SWGOH now without its counters. Even this 'sick' setup has its nemesis.

*Drumrollssssss

DROIDSSSSS!!!
    200.gif
    The weakness of the counter-attack team is it's huge lack of speed. All 5 units operate at snail pace. The ultimate counter, the perfect droid team (it's revealed somewhere out there, by me as well :* ).
    1. POOOGGLEEE the lesser which has amazing speed allowing it to cast offense/speed up to all droids before any of the droid's turn. Or any of the above said jedi's turn.
    2. Following which, due to speed up, all your droids should have a turn before most of the jedi's (at best aayla or kit has moved, but they can't do any skill block, maybe Aayla stuns you on crit, hope not).
    3. Now here's the funny part, because most droids are anti-jedi, IG-86's skill that calls an assist, can instantly kill Jedi of your choice, as long as the assist call is not on Poggle. (Read skill to understand why). So you can choose to instantly kill Barriss or Aayla or Kit Fisto, the other 2 can be left alone.
    4. Had a little bad luck? Didn't instantly kill anyone? That poor jedi should be on its knees, red in health at least, due to speed up, IG-88 turn is next, time to clean up with that AOE sweep + ability block
    5. It should be IG-88's turn again, 3 criticals from the AoE is all it takes to fill up turn meter again, snipe another jedi down. (he shouldn't be bashed down by counters here. Worse case scenario, all 5 jedi counters you after surviving AoE, such luck, if so, skip this)
    6. Ohhh... so now we either have lots of dead jedi or with some bad luck, lots of half dead jedi. No worries, HK-47 turn is next, throw the MEATBAG MAYHEM (what an awesome skill name), 50% chance to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down. Now, if there isn't at least 1 jedi dead from buffed AoEs and single target focus, something is wrong, but even if something is wrong, they are mostly debuffed.
    7. HK-47's turn again, AoE 3 crits = free turn remember? HK-47 gets to snipe someone down as well with basic, and boy does he hurt too.
    8. Most jedi's should move before IG-100 does, whatever's left anyway :D
    9. IG-100, with an AoE that burns turn meter of jedi's by 30% at a 90% chance. Criticals made by IG-100 against jedi debuff offense down at 100%.
    10. 3 Crits and its IG-100 turn again.
    11. Rinse and repeat till jedi scum vanishes

Of cos, it's only possible to field such a droid team with lots of grinding or $$$. At least it's all farmable.
    But it is indefinitely cheaper to get compared to the 'ultimate pvp team', which still wrecks everything but this droid setup.

Because the 'ultimate pvp team' has such a huge loophole against droids, the counter-attack hype died down in soft launch arena quickly, and everyone is back to Darth Sid / Lumi / Opress / Barriss leader teams again (these teams are more unpredictable and difficult to counter)

who's the best for leader skill, HK ? This makes me really happy, that I've been hardcore leveling HK(hes my fav character), and IG Series droids. All I would need is Poogle the lesser.

"Kill one meatbag, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of meatbags, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    ―HK-47
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I really want to build that droid team. I'm already too far down the rabbit hole building Sidious (he'll be at 5* after the shipments reset twice), Luminara (just hit 4*), and Consular to do this now though. Once I have my main team at 7* though, I'm totally building that or something similar.
  • @SeroZero the Droid team does decent vs counter. However, in my experience if there is a Ben Kenobi on the Jedi Counter team then the droids have a good chance of being shut down and it's not pretty when it happens.

I swapped out my droids for this team:

Ima-Gun
    Barriss
    Kit Fitsu
    Aayla
    Ben Kenobi

I would love to fit Luminari in this team, but her health is a bit lower than others so not sure how it would perform on def. I've been first on my server for a week
  • Chewdoka wrote: »
    @SeroZero the Droid team does decent vs counter. However, in my experience if there is a Ben Kenobi on the Jedi Counter team then the droids have a good chance of being shut down and it's not pretty when it happens.

Ima-Gun
    Barriss
    Kit Fitsu
    Aayla
    Ben Kenobi

I would love to fit Luminari in this team, but her health is a bit lower than others so not sure how it would perform on def. I've been first on my server for a week

A lot of the characters you listed, you will only be able to level throwing out lots of $$. As the server levels higher, you will slowly dwindle down the ranks, unless the newer chapters, you can farm the shards, who knows.
  • DMaas wrote: »
    unless the newer chapters, you can farm the shards, who knows.

This is what I'm holding out hope for. Chrome cards are so worthless right now because of all the totally unfarmable characters that you end up with shards for. Even full unlocks will only be good for galactic war after you farm your farmables up to 7*.
  • I'm half way starting to put together a nightsister squad just to be different. And after that I will do an empire team.
  • DMaas
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Alatar wrote: »
    DMaas wrote: »

This is what I'm holding out hope for. Chrome cards are so worthless right now because of all the totally unfarmable characters that you end up with shards for. Even full unlocks will only be good for galactic war after you farm your farmables up to 7*.

It would be nice if they made every character available to farm, and then have it so if you pay you will obviously get it much quicker, but if you don't you will still be able to get them....eventually
    Darkness wrote: »
    I'm half way starting to put together a nightsister squad just to be different. And after that I will do an empire team.
    I wonder if ventress gets better at higher levels. I'm 5 shards from daka, and I will have all the nightsisters unlocked, mind you ... they are 2 - 4 stars
  • DMaas wrote: »
    Alatar wrote: »
    DMaas wrote: »

It would be nice if they made every character available to farm, and then have it so if you pay you will obviously get it much quicker, but if you don't you will still be able to get them....eventually
    I'm half way starting to put together a nightsister squad just to be different. And after that I will do an empire team.
    I wonder if ventress gets better at higher levels. I'm 5 shards from daka, and I will have all the nightsisters unlocked, mind you ... they are 2 - 4 stars

Asajj isn't great but not exactly weak either, she could use a little boost on her healing skill. I think with a nightsister squad she'll shine a little better. But it will take some time definitely.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    After spending an embarrassing amount of money on chrono cards because I am a rere, SWGOH provided me with a large assortment of characters to choose from. But as we all know you can't gear and level them all unless your rich. So, I had to pick 5 characters from what I had to work with to take to the dance.

I consider myself an experienced gamer and my wife has played since September so I learned from her mistakes and success. It's designed a lot like a droid team but without the squishyness. If that's even a word. I hope to inspire others to create new awesome synergies of characters to push the limits of the game design. Please feel free to share your opinion, critique, offer suggestions or share your own designed team!

Boba Fett
    Boba has two purposes. His AOE ability block at level five almost always lands on a clean hit. This is money against heavy healer teams which is 90% of current builds. Number two is his leadership skill which at level five grants 35% Critical Damage. Once I get to Lando you will fully understand why Boba is leader. Once in epic tier gear Boba does decent damage, is durable and once maxed his rez ability pops at critical times.

Sidious
    A solid character but his main use to me is his AOE and Healing immunity ability. The AOE+DOT while not game breaking is solid damage. His healing immunity if timed correctly in the later stages of the match can insure a kill. Extremely high crit rate.

Luminara
    I love her. Super easy to farm shards. In epic tier she has great durability, ridiculously good damage, a decent party heal & to top it all off she has a chance to land ability block. That's money. Her special ability as of tonight with Boba as lead was reliably critting 3600+. I have Barris unlocked but her damage is so pathetic it doesnt utilize this squads synergy which is big crits. She will be replaced with Darth Vader soon as this team has no need for a healer and Vader would synergize much better.

Princess Leah
    I'll admit getting her was pure luck of the cards and a phenomenal advantage. Was my first chrono unlock at a whopping 2*. Luckily it blessed me several more times with her shards enough that she is a 4*. This character is the heartbeat of the whole synergy. Buffs entire team up to 25% critical hit. Yes you read that correctly. Has stealth, multiple attack, highest base critical hit of all my characters. When her buffs pop and coupled with Boba's 35% critical damage trait things go boom.

Lando

I saved the best for last. My secret weapon. He was the game changer and I built my entire squad around him. Double Down is what the developers call his AOE. In my squad It's called Good Game Sucka. He was an early unlock for me and I almost didnt even level him up my wife said he was weak. And in a typical team he is. But let's see how the buffs and synergy of this team take a mediocre character and convert him to a nuclear bomb.
    Double Down starts off as a decent AOE in itself. Lando has an ability that buffs his crit by 12%. Couple that with Leah's possible 25% critical buff + Lando's base crit from stats and gear he crits way more than he doesn't. Which works perfect because if he crits two of my five opponents and he always does his AOE is instantly reset and gains....80%.......damage......increase. This is not a joke. Yes, it resets every round in this team. Now not only is it an 80% damage increase it's insanely magnified by Boba's 35% critical damage buff. To put it in perspective I can lay so much AOE damage in three waves by the end of the second turn there is nothing left but Barriss and maybe a tank with a smidgit of health if no stuns or ability blocks landed on Lando. My highest crit with Lando has been 3876....in an AOE. And it leaves plenty of room for ability blocks and stuns from my opponents attacks as all it does is delay the inevitable. There is a hard counter to this team using a different synergy of characters as there should be.

So that is the team synergy I designed and I hope it shows everyone that it's not all about stacking a misfit team of 3 dps and two healers. There are tons of variations of synergies between characters and hopefully I helped to show that the developers designed this game around that aspect. That weak character that you left at level one because you thought they were weak can become a wrecking ball with the right teammates. Good luck!!!!

Can you get sidious from a chromium pack?

• Alatar wrote: »
    I really want to build that droid team. I'm already too far down the rabbit hole building Sidious (he'll be at 5* after the shipments reset twice), Luminara (just hit 4*), and Consular to do this now though. Once I have my main team at 7* though, I'm totally building that or something similar.

can you get sidious from a chromium pack?
  • Yes Asabase I got Sid from a pack.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Once a few more of my characters reach 5 stars I'll consider upping the droids. I have them all and Poggle. They all sit at I believe around the 4* level at the moment.

My current favorite character is farm boy Luke. Man, that one shot special slings a lot of damage.
  • DMaas
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »

Princess Leah
    I'll admit getting her was pure luck of the cards and a phenomenal advantage. Was my first chrono unlock at a whopping 2*. Luckily it blessed me several more times with her shards enough that she is a 4*. This character is the heartbeat of the whole synergy. Buffs entire team up to 25% critical hit. Yes you read that correctly. Has stealth, multiple attack, highest base critical hit of all my characters. When her buffs pop and coupled with Boba's 35% critical damage trait things go boom.

Just got Leia, leveled her up, I actually really like her, that crit buff rocks
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @DMaas
    Yup it's HK-47 as leader, because of huge crit chance up and turn meter fill on crits.
    Chewdoka wrote: »
    @SeroZero the Droid team does decent vs counter. However, in my experience if there is a Ben Kenobi on the Jedi Counter team then the droids have a good chance of being shut down and it's not pretty when it happens.

Ima-Gun
    Barriss
    Kit Fitsu
    Aayla
    Ben Kenobi

This is precisely the team the droid team is built for, against Old Ben. He is really godly slow, almost last to get a turn. The gameplay with droids I've suggested already shown 2 opportunities to ability block Old Ben before he gets his first turn to do his debuffs. Once during IG-88 aoe and another HK-47 aoe, both with a 50% ability block chance. The key to this is having a maxed out Poggle to buff offense/speed up that will get the droids turn up even quicker.

Even if both aoe's fail to ability block Old Ben, the faster turns of all the droids would have let the droids kill off a jedi or 2, making the game 5v3 even before old ben does his debuff. If the debuff does come after that, I'm sure in a 5v3 now, anyone can handle it, even the AI.

But do note, the team you used is without a doubt the strongest pvp team now, this droid setup is the only one that counters it (albeit rather perfectly), any other setup against you would almost certainly fail. But in no way is the droid setup good against other opponents. Take for example any random DPS team with Datcha in it, Datcha has higher speed than anyone in the droid team, and once Datcha fire his AoE (which he most definitely will), almost all your droids will get stunned or ability blocked, leaving the DPS team to pick off your dmg droids like IG-88 and 86.

How can I saw this with such confidence? I'm in top10 soft launch arena rankings myself, lots of players here have 6/7* everything in their arsenal and tried everything. But whatever they tried, someone else would come out with a hard counter against it, there simply isn't a perfect PVP team with no equal (which is great, no one can p2w and stay 1st forever, it's only pay to have more variety to mess around).

This counter-attacking jedi setup would destroy most teams but take lots of money to setup. On the other hand, a totally F2P player can build the entire droid team to counter with since everyone on it is farmable (just takes really long to get shards without spending, but possible).
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    Curious on the counter setup - do you believe it requires 6/7* to work? I have kit 7*, Aayla 5*, Ben 5*, Barris 5* and ima only 4* (taking forever to farm shards).

It'll be incredibly expensive to get Ben and Aayla up further at this stage. Wondering if I'm better off making a setup with other 6/7* in the meantime.
  • My setup is similar. I keep Sid as leader for awesome crit chance stacked with Leia. However, I've found Admiral Arkbar to be great support in a team of Sid, Lando, Leah, Admiral Arkbar, and Lumi. It's amazing for Debuffs and also can give Lando more turns if you're lucky
  • So how is this pvp team doing today?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    nubsors wrote: »
    So how is this pvp team doing today?

I had to change out some characters. Princess was dragging my team down on the defensive end. Ig88 was a surprisingly effective replacement. That droid never ceases to amaze me lately.

• Wanted to get some opinions, how does this team so far sound? Only level 45, but I don't have the credits to max out the levels of my guys so they are 42-43, V gear etc.

Chewie, Dooku, JC, Daka, Luke?

I also have Ahsoka, Talia, and some others... any recommendations of who I could switch out?
    nubsors wrote: »
    So how is this pvp team doing today?

I had to change out some characters. Princess was dragging my team down on the defensive end. Ig88 was a surprisingly effective replacement. That droid never ceases to amaze me lately.

What's your Lando at? Stars, etc.
    After spending an embarrassing amount of money on chrono cards because I am a rere, SWGOH provided me with a large assortment of characters to choose from. But as we all know you can't gear and level them all unless your rich. So, I had to pick 5 characters from what I had to work with to take to the dance.

I consider myself an experienced gamer and my wife has played since September so I learned from her mistakes and success. It's designed a lot like a droid team but without the squishyness. If that's even a word. I hope to inspire others to create new awesome synergies of characters to push the limits of the game design. Please feel free to share your opinion, critique, offer suggestions or share your own designed team!

Boba Fett
    Boba has two purposes. His AOE ability block at level five almost always lands on a clean hit. This is money against heavy healer teams which is 90% of current builds. Number two is his leadership skill which at level five grants 35% Critical Damage. Once I get to Lando you will fully understand why Boba is leader. Once in epic tier gear Boba does decent damage, is durable and once maxed his rez ability pops at critical times.

Sidious
    A solid character but his main use to me is his AOE and Healing immunity ability. The AOE+DOT while not game breaking is solid damage. His healing immunity if timed correctly in the later stages of the match can insure a kill. Extremely high crit rate.

Luminara
    I love her. Super easy to farm shards. In epic tier she has great durability, ridiculously good damage, a decent party heal & to top it all off she has a chance to land ability block. That's money. Her special ability as of tonight with Boba as lead was reliably critting 3600+. I have Barris unlocked but her damage is so pathetic it doesnt utilize this squads synergy which is big crits. She will be replaced with Darth Vader soon as this team has no need for a healer and Vader would synergize much better.

Princess Leah

Lando

So that is the team synergy I designed and I hope it shows everyone that it's not all about stacking a misfit team of 3 dps and two healers. There are tons of variations of synergies between characters and hopefully I helped to show that the developers designed this game around that aspect. That weak character that you left at level one because you thought they were weak can become a wrecking ball with the right teammates. Good luck!!!!

Hey thanks. I don't have Boba yet so I'm using IG88(Leader)/Sid/Lando/Dooku/Luminara. I would consider replacing Dooku with Leia as you suggested. What do you think about IG88 as leader? I love the high chance to crit, plus his AOE is powerful which goes well with Lando/Sid AOE and his regular shot crits hard too.

Or can you recommend any other setups? I have the following chars (all chars are 4 star atm) : Leia, ObiWan, Dooku, Asoka, Cad, Baris, Finn, Lando, Sidious, Talia, Phasma, Chewy, CT5555, Luminara, Consular, IG88, IG86 and Qui-Gon. I will have Vader soon as well.

Thanks for your advice!
  • Good post thank you OP.

My dream team would be the following ...

Darth Sidious
    Darth Vader
    Darth Maul
    Count Dooku
    Boba Fett

Any tips on this build ?. I'm a free player so any other suggestions to replace the harder obtainable ones would be very much appreciated.

Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Good post thank you OP.

My dream team would be the following ...

Darth Sidious
    Darth Vader
    Darth Maul
    Count Dooku
    Boba Fett

Any tips on this build ?. I'm a free player so any other suggestions to replace the harder obtainable ones would be very much appreciated.

Lots of power, but if the other team survives the first round you will lose due to no heals and a fairly squishy team.

Vader, Maul, and Dooku are VERY tough to star and impossible as f2p without some amazing bronzium luck.
  • Is there any poor man's replacement for lando ? :neutral: