Best F2P farm route

Prev134567
Darth_Azrael
457 posts Member
edited November 2016
Hello,

After much research and reading posts, I established some farm routes which enables good combinations squads for GW, arena and events:

1) DARTH_AZRAEL SAFE ROUTE

GW: Luminara (1) > Phasma (1) > Biggs/IG-86 (2) > Cad Bane > Teebo > Dathcha/Poggle (3) > whatever.
Arena: ST Han > Ackbar > IG-88 > HK-47 > Nebit > Tarkin > whatever.
Cantina Shipments: QGJ > Old Daka > Fives > Jawa Scavenger > Poe > whatever.
Cantina Battles: GS > Lando > Wedge > Old Ben/JKA (4) > Barriss/RG (5) > Aayla/B2 (6) > whatever.
Guild: Rey > JE > whatever.

(1) You do not need to maximize Luminara to 7 stars in the beginning. 5 stars is enough for it to help you until you can invest in high-end heroes. Use hard nodes too. After that, maximize Phasma. She will be the leader of your team in arena for a long time (and have other uses in the future).

(2) You must decide whether to build a droid team in the future or not. If not, Biggs is an excellent choice, even for events.

(3) Dathcha gained a higher level of importance due to new raid (droids). Poogle is a great hero, but fell into disuse because of the undeniable superiority of HK-47 leadership and synergy of droids with new Jawas (JE and Nebit). The GW shop has heroes from different factions that can help in specific events, so it would be acceptable to opt for some of them before Poogle.

(4) Here is a personal choice. JKA is excellent for AOE teams, danger zone, GW, Yoda event, everywhere. However, despite the evasion meta not be as popular as before, Old Ben still a very useful hero and able to counter EP teams.

(5) Here you need to decide if you want to maximize Barriss, RG or both. These heroes are already farmed in hard nodes. At this moment you can use cantina energy to speed up the process (which would allow you to work on other heroes in hard nodes) or, if you do not feel it necessary, go to the next farm.

(6) Both are spectacular heroes. Aayla is powerful under JKA lead and can be used in the arena, GW and events (especially in Yoda event). B2 is useful in any composition but is mostly used in droid teams.

Important: Some heroes can be farmed in their hard nodes as they become available. These heroes are useful and have varied uses, then gear and starring them gradually without interfering with the shard farm of the main heroes (Rey, JKA etc). I will mention some of them in order of my preference, but invest a maximum of 2 of them at time, so that the cost of energy does not harm your gear farm:

- RG (1) > Chewie (2) > Barriss (3) > Jawa > EE > ES > FOTP.

(1) RG reach 5 stars at player level 70 and 6 stars at level 80. That's all you need for a long time.

(2) For CH event. If you choose to farm Dengar, Chewie will still be useful in the raid due to its TM removal, but the decision is yours.

(3) You only need unlock her. But if you want Yoda, maximize her.

Objectives: Up to level 85 you will have the most useful factions and heroes available for F2P:

Rebels: Lando, ST Han, Ackbar, Wedge and Biggs.
Scoundrels: Lando, ST Han, IG-88, Cad Bane and Chewie.
Droids: HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, JE and B2/Nebit.
Jedis: JKA, QGJ, Aayla, Barriss and Luminara.
Jawas: Nebit, JE, Jawa Scavenger, Dathcha and Jawa.

2) BALDWOOKIEE DROID PATH

GW: IG-86 > Dathcha > Cad Bane > Poggle > whatever.
Arena: Unlock Nebit > IG-88 5* > HK-47 5* > Nebit 5* > Finish all in order > whatever.
Cantina Shipments: Jawa Scavenger 3* > HRS > Finish Jawa Scavenger > Poe > whatever.
Cantina Battles: Jawa (till level 44) > IG-100 > Jawa 5* > Lando > Finish Jawa > whatever.
Guild: JE > Dengar > whatever.

* Some heroes are useful at this point, especially in arena shop, which has 3 key heroes for droid team.

This route allowed early access to the challenges of CD mods.

Important: The droid path is difficult without droid pack. I know, F2P dont want to spent in game, but consider that: 3 key heroes for droid team are in arena. RG can be used for awhile in Nebit's spot, but you need HK-47 and IG-88 together in your composition. Its a very good investment and your account will evolve more faster.

3) ZOOEY CH FOCUS PATH

GW: Luminara (5/6 stars) > Phasma > Biggs > Teebo > whatever.
Arena: ST Han (1) > Leia/88 (2) > Rebels/Droids (3) > whatever.
Cantina Shipments: QGJ > Unlock Boba > whatever.
Cantina Battles: GS (4/5 stars) > Unlock Old Ben > Lando > Wedge > whatever.
Guild: Rey > whatever.
*Hard Nodes: Rey > RG > JKA > whatever.

(1) CH Focus. ST Han have scoundrel and rebel tags. Wonderful for events.

(2) Here is a personal choice. Choose your attacker considering this: Leia is useful for almost everything and she is a rebel (good for events). IG-88 is very strong, indispensable in a droid team and for CH event (he is a scoundrel).

(3) Here is a personal choice too. Investing in other rebels (Leia, Ackbar) or droids (IG-88, HK-47) available according to your choice in step 2.

CREDITS TO:

Baldwookiee for ideas for a droid farm route.
Zooey. We have some discussions about the price of early CH focus, but she have good points and it is important to explain them so players can decide about pros and cons of each route.

THANKS!

Edit (23/08/2016): I made some changes based on current meta.
Edit (25/09/2016): I made some changes based on current meta.
Edit (12/10/2016): I made some changes based on current meta, new events and new level challenges.
Edit (10/11/2016): I made some changes based on current meta, new events and new feature: Ships.
Post edited by Darth_Azrael on

Replies

• RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Droids can make a devastating Arena and GW team all in one. I finish in top 5 most days with 47, 86, 88, 100, and JE. Today, I was 3, and the top 2 ran 47, 86, 88, Nebit, and JE. That's a tough team to start with because you three arena only farms. You can build to this team with the following:

Poggle (L), 86, 88, GS, and RG
    Poggle (L), 86, 88, 100, RG
    47 (L), 86, 88, 100, JE
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, has some challenges... JE is a slow farm, HK -47, IG-88 and Nebit farm are in the arena, but it's a great team no doubt!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Just curious. Is Poe even still considered good? I farmed him to 5*, but not before my guild moved to T6 raids. He's just sat there since. He occassionally comes in to be sacrificed on a GW node.
  • hyperXgen
    169 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    poe is awesome, if you know how to use him
  • evanbio wrote: »
    Just curious. Is Poe even still considered good? I farmed him to 5*, but not before my guild moved to T6 raids. He's just sat there since. He occassionally comes in to be sacrificed on a GW node.

Poe is very good, but less important than QGJ, Old Daka and Fives imo. Poe is a good tank, but the game have others more crucial like RG and St Han.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    GW: I would put Teebo before 86 and poggle. He actually has his uses in some A—teams. And also Cad Bane after Teebo for credit Heist event.
  • For FTP, I am a huge fan of ewoks + RG. I just hit 79 and I can usually get top 20 if I can attack at the right time, but always top 50. Once I hit 80, I can catch up with the payers, I am sure I will be able to top 10 or better.

Also ewoks have a deceptively low power rating. This is a huge help in GW as the difficulty is based on your highest arena power. I can usually clear out GW with just the Ewoks.
  • You can't finish a second Catina Battles character before reaching level 77 (and I was doing 2 refreshes every day) which means RG should be bumped up to second slot (at worst third, definitely not after Bariss AND Lando).
  • I just started a new account. Ive gotten 2>5>11>9 for rankings the first few days.
    I bought the droid pack early on.
    Heres what I'm planning...

Cantina nodes: Jawa till lvl 44, then IG 100, get Jawa to 5* > Lando > finish Jawa
    Cantina tokens: Scavenger to 3* >HRS> get scavenger to 5* roughly around when the rest of Jawa are 5*
    Arena: Nebit unlocked > IG88 to 5*> HK47 to 5* > Nebit to 5* > Finish 88, then HK, then Nebit, STH
    GW: IG88 > Dathcha > Cad Bane to 5*
    Guild: Engineer > Dengar

I should be able to have all 5 Jawa's 5*'d by lvl 50 along with a solid Droid meta team for early crit dmg mods.

Work on finishing out scoundrels after jawa, via lando and STH along with 88, Chewy, Cad Bane. Chewy will have been ard farmed to 5* early, Lando and STH get dual synergy tags, so leverage them to finish out scoundrels and then right into finishing out Rebels with Biggs in GW.

Should then have:
    5 Jawa
    4 Droids
    5 Scoundrels
    5 Rebels

as soon as lvl 60 I should have access to health, crit damage, crit chance and by lvl 70 add tenacity mods, as well as getting access to emperor, credit heist, etc.

Its not meta at all(unless you think droids are) but it gets you a solid pool of toons who work well together.
    The biggest thing I'll be missing is a dispeller, but otherwise a pretty well rounded pool of single target and aoe damage, tm skills, very early mod access, and 3 taunters.

• Waqui wrote: »
    GW: I would put Teebo before 86 and poggle. He actually has his uses in some A—teams. And also Cad Bane after Teebo for credit Heist event.

Yes, is a good idea. GS is a "multiuse" hero, unless the player wants a droid team, IG-86 can wait. Even Biggs would be more interesting than him today.
  • Armethious wrote: »
    For FTP, I am a huge fan of ewoks + RG. I just hit 79 and I can usually get top 20 if I can attack at the right time, but always top 50. Once I hit 80, I can catch up with the payers, I am sure I will be able to top 10 or better.

Also ewoks have a deceptively low power rating. This is a huge help in GW as the difficulty is based on your highest arena power. I can usually clear out GW with just the Ewoks.

Ewoks are very good, but except for Teebo, they are very difficult to farm!
  • Ricter wrote: »
    You can't finish a second Catina Battles character before reaching level 77 (and I was doing 2 refreshes every day) which means RG should be bumped up to second slot (at worst third, definitely not after Bariss AND Lando).

You're right. I forgot to mention that Lando and Barriss should be unlocked and return to work on them after maximize RG.
  • Uh how about not barris because she is unnecessary..... And not old Ben as he is rendered obsolete by palp.... Instead put Anakin high on that list.... He is a monster.... Also move teebo up to right behind lumi and phasma
  • I finish gw without losing a toon everyday with 47,100,88,86,and je . The last battle is weird because they are level 80 with only 3*. Does the 3* last battle happen to everyone?
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Uh how about not barris because she is unnecessary..... And not old Ben as he is rendered obsolete by palp.... Instead put Anakin high on that list.... He is a monster.... Also move teebo up to right behind lumi and phasma

Barriss is a perfect survival lead in GW. And she's useful in Yoda event.

Anakin is a great hero, but demand unlock the battle 7-G in cantina. It's a hero to think about in a very distant future (at least for accounts created recently). The idea of this farm route is to propose a guide, near to level 80 there are numerous possibilities and will depend on personal preference of each player.
  • I finish gw without losing a toon everyday with 47,100,88,86,and je . The last battle is weird because they are level 80 with only 3*. Does the 3* last battle happen to everyone?

It's a bug. There is a power limit of arena squad that makes the last node of GW become very easy.
  • I just started a new account. Ive gotten 2>5>11>9 for rankings the first few days.
    I bought the droid pack early on.
    Heres what I'm planning...

Cantina nodes: Jawa till lvl 44, then IG 100, get Jawa to 5* > Lando > finish Jawa
    Cantina tokens: Scavenger to 3* >HRS> get scavenger to 5* roughly around when the rest of Jawa are 5*
    Arena: Nebit unlocked > IG88 to 5*> HK47 to 5* > Nebit to 5* > Finish 88, then HK, then Nebit, STH

I should be able to have all 5 Jawa's 5*'d by lvl 50 along with a solid Droid meta team for early crit dmg mods.

Work on finishing out scoundrels after jawa, via lando and STH along with 88, Chewy, Cad Bane. Chewy will have been ard farmed to 5* early, Lando and STH get dual synergy tags, so leverage them to finish out scoundrels and then right into finishing out Rebels with Biggs in GW.

Should then have:
    5 Jawa
    4 Droids
    5 Scoundrels
    5 Rebels

as soon as lvl 60 I should have access to health, crit damage, crit chance and by lvl 70 add tenacity mods, as well as getting access to emperor, credit heist, etc.

Its not meta at all(unless you think droids are) but it gets you a solid pool of toons who work well together.
    The biggest thing I'll be missing is a dispeller, but otherwise a pretty well rounded pool of single target and aoe damage, tm skills, very early mod access, and 3 taunters.

They are great choices, but I personally prefer to focus on unlocking and promoting these following heroes one at a time in their given token field. So you can extract the best that each hero has to offer.
  • Hello everyone! I made some changes based on current meta. Share your ideas!
  • What toons compose a good Ewoks team? Ill start farmig them??

Some Ewoks have a good farm spots, like Teebo (GW), EE (guild) and Chirpa (cantina battle). But ES only have 2 hard nodes and 1 is a level 8 battle. It takes a long time, and dont have a 5th member to full the team. But yes, Ewoks work very well together. Teebo is very crucial for raids and can be used on GW. The others you can work after farm the main heroes.

Some Ewoks have a good farm spots, like Teebo (GW), EE (guild) and Chirpa (cantina battle). But ES only have 2 hard nodes and 1 is a level 8 battle. It takes a long time, and dont have a 5th member to full the team. But yes, Ewoks work very well together. Teebo is very crucial for raids and can be used on GW. The others you can work after farm the main heroes.
    I always seem to find a Chewbacca filling up that 5th spot haha, I think it's to do with him looking like a much bigger version of them :p
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Best F2P line-up is droid/jawa team.
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    What toons compose a good Ewoks team? Ill start farmig them??

I always seem to find a Chewbacca filling up that 5th spot haha, I think it's to do with him looking like a much bigger version of them :p

Hahaha. Chewbacca is a "Ewok steroids version"... :)
  • Darth95 wrote: »
    Best F2P line-up is droid/jawa team.

Another droid lover!

Yes man, droids are beautiful too. Thats why I made a exception that you can change this route for droids lovers.

Another droid lover!

Yes man, droids are beautiful too. Thats why I made a exception that you can change this route for droids lovers.

U run droid/jawa team as well?
    Darth95 wrote: »

Another droid lover!

U run droid/jawa team as well?

They will be prioritized soon!
  • Cantina nodes: Jawa till lvl 44, then IG 100, get Jawa to 5* > Lando > finish Jawa

They are great choices, but I personally prefer to focus on unlocking and promoting these following heroes one at a time in their given token field. So you can extract the best that each hero has to offer.

I disagree on going taking toons up to 7* from the start vs a little bit of bouncing around. Having 2-3* bums flanking your studs won't provide enough damage mitigation to keep the ig boys from their jobs.

For GW, yup, 86 is an easy choice to max early, between nodes, starting toon and GW, he will be the heavy lifter from the start.

stage 1 cantina offers little to droid teams anymore. You could do the typical GS farm, but with Poggle way behind JE now, he offers little to droids anymore. Lando could be a fit, but he takes 80 shards to open, and really just gives you more squishy AoE damage. You can unlock and 3* Jawa just about by the time you reach level 44, and open up tier 2 when you can then take ig100 to 7* with. Any other farm path diverts you away from droids.

As for Cantina tokens, nothing is really going to help your main arena team, POE would be an excellent choice here, but I think getting scavenger for really early access to crit mods is paramount. More than any this is a personal pereference farm for a droid team. QGJ, Daka, 5s are the default META, but that jawa synergy early out..

Arena is a toss up. Conventional wisdom says run up 88 ASAP, but early Nebit at 3* is an MVP for me right now. Unless you use an understarred RG or chewy(who is trash early) droids users will lack a tank early on, allowing easy takedowns. Plus his double assist and cooldown remover is absolutely killer early on for a tank slot. Getting #1 is easy, a nebit allows me to hold defensively

My slightly detoured droid path gets me a solid synergistic light side team along with the typical dark side droid death squad. So sure, the straight to 7* 88 vs a sidebar nebit might delay me 3 days at the beginning to reach a higher star with 88, however I have a more powerful team earlier, which means I can get and hold rank from an early point. The difference between having a 3* nebit vs a 1 or 2* RG or 4* chewy is literally a chasm on a droid team early on.

The key of this farm route is access to crit damage mods super early, which I'm very confident will allow a droid team to outpace anyone else in damage for a really long time on a fresh server. I can't imagine too many people other than droid users having crit mods for awhile. If I can get those first month, everyone has an uphill climb.

I actually decided to go with 5s as my first cantina farm instead of scout. He's been an awsome last man standing and key piece on my main in all modes. I'm really curious and interesting in seeing if I can get a 5s + IG100 team going, I've never seen one, but I can't imagine too many people wanting to see those as the last 2 left alone.

Optimally POE from cantina shop would probably yield the best immediate team as he gives them the thing they need most -> control and meter manipulation. But he is phased out as soon as you have JE or nebit, so putting a focus on him IMO isn't worth it unless you are going to leverage into a dual tank team or want to waste your time on a resistance team.
  • Cantina nodes: Jawa till lvl 44, then IG 100, get Jawa to 5* > Lando > finish Jawa

I disagree on going taking toons up to 7* from the start vs a little bit of bouncing around. Having 2-3* bums flanking your studs won't provide enough damage mitigation to keep the ig boys from their jobs.

For GW, yup, 86 is an easy choice to max early, between nodes, starting toon and GW, he will be the heavy lifter from the start.

stage 1 cantina offers little to droid teams anymore. You could do the typical GS farm, but with Poggle way behind JE now, he offers little to droids anymore. Lando could be a fit, but he takes 80 shards to open, and really just gives you more squishy AoE damage. You can unlock and 3* Jawa just about by the time you reach level 44, and open up tier 2 when you can then take ig100 to 7* with. Any other farm path diverts you away from droids.

As for Cantina tokens, nothing is really going to help your main arena team, POE would be an excellent choice here, but I think getting scavenger for really early access to crit mods is paramount. More than any this is a personal pereference farm for a droid team. QGJ, Daka, 5s are the default META, but that jawa synergy early out..

Arena is a toss up. Conventional wisdom says run up 88 ASAP, but early Nebit at 3* is an MVP for me right now. Unless you use an understarred RG or chewy(who is trash early) droids users will lack a tank early on, allowing easy takedowns. Plus his double assist and cooldown remover is absolutely killer early on for a tank slot. Getting #1 is easy, a nebit allows me to hold defensively

My slightly detoured droid path gets me a solid synergistic light side team along with the typical dark side droid death squad. So sure, the straight to 7* 88 vs a sidebar nebit might delay me 3 days at the beginning to reach a higher star with 88, however I have a more powerful team earlier, which means I can get and hold rank from an early point. The difference between having a 3* nebit vs a 1 or 2* RG or 4* chewy is literally a chasm on a droid team early on.

The key of this farm route is access to crit damage mods super early, which I'm very confident will allow a droid team to outpace anyone else in damage for a really long time on a fresh server. I can't imagine too many people other than droid users having crit mods for awhile. If I can get those first month, everyone has an uphill climb.

I actually decided to go with 5s as my first cantina farm instead of scout. He's been an awsome last man standing and key piece on my main in all modes. I'm really curious and interesting in seeing if I can get a 5s + IG100 team going, I've never seen one, but I can't imagine too many people wanting to see those as the last 2 left alone.

Optimally POE from cantina shop would probably yield the best immediate team as he gives them the thing they need most -> control and meter manipulation. But he is phased out as soon as you have JE or nebit, so putting a focus on him IMO isn't worth it unless you are going to leverage into a dual tank team or want to waste your time on a resistance team.

Very interesting! Can I add your farm route as an alternative path for players who like droids? I'll give you credit, of course. :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I run droid/jawa also. Just wanted to point out that hk is awesome as a lead with 86 and 88...otherwise i wouldnt use him at all.

I'll get em then :) thanks!