Why is Chewbacca not considered a rebel?

Replies

• Both Han characters are rebels but his best pal is not it does not seem right. Any thoughts???
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Edited... thread merged so my post made little sense as want to OP
  • I don't understand why people keep asking this. Do you know what the Clone Wars are? Before the rebellion. Therefore, not a rebel.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Let's be honest, this is only because of the Palpatine event lol
  • Obviously, they intend on introducing another Chewbacca from the later era. This has been my impression all along. Yes he may look similar and still use a bowcaster, but perhaps he'll be a support or an attacker in that iteration, possessing very different attributes than his former self.
  • I find it funny we have Star Wars fans who don't know their Star Wars 'history'. It's really quite annoying you don't even know what a 'Clone Wars' Chewbacca implies. Get your facts before putting up crap that is just because you want to use him in the Emperor event. Han can be considered a Rebel since he started helping in EP4. There weren't any 'Rebels' per se during the Clone Wars. The Empire didn't exist yet to Rebel against! Duh!!!!!
  • giorgio wrote: »
    [Chewie] wasn't a scoundrel until episode 4-6. It even says he started smuggling during the empire's rule. You are entirely wrong to think he deserves the scoundrel tag and so is EA. So I'm saying it's fine to be inaccurate but if that's the case and you're denoting him as something he wasn't during the clone wars (IE a scoundrel), then he deserves a rebel tag too.

Good point. It seems inconsistent to call him a scoundrel but not a Rebel. I am not aware of his identity during the Clone Wars except what I saw in the movies, but it is possible that he was a bit of a scoundrel then too.
  • Han wasn't officially a rebel until he got his General commission in ROTJ; until then, he just helped them out.
    STHan wasn't a rebel either, he was just a smuggler trying to get his ship out of a very big battlestation, and make a quick buck by rescuing some rich princess.

Technically there is no 'Rebel' badge or certificate they need. Just helping the Rebels...the Empire would consider him a Rebel. Therefore...he is a Rebel. Besides...he helped them even when saying he was leaving...so he was vested in the Rebellion...just didn't want to admit it.

Clone Wars Chewbacca being a Scoundrel is questionable. Based on the definition of a Scoundrel though...he could've been considered a Scoundrel then. If you are getting really technically and talking about smuggling or being an assassin as the only way to be a Scoundrel then maybe he shouldn't be. However Scoundrel is a very loose term and could imply he was a Scoundrel cause he ran around giving Wookie Wedgies. Personally I think he needs a new special called the Wookie Wedgie.
  • How are these posts still happening...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    CoopShep wrote: »
    Both Han characters are rebels but his best pal is not it does not seem right. Any thoughts???

Dam this horse isn't dead yet.

Better whack it a few more times.

• Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    CoopShep wrote: »
    How is Han a rebel and not chewy???

Han is a rebel and chewy.

Just try it.

Depends on the qualities of your teeth though.

Han is VERY chewy, but not all rebels are chewy.

Admiral Ackbar for example, is not.
  • Manowar wrote: »
    Obviously, they intend on introducing another Chewbacca from the later era. This has been my impression all along. Yes he may look similar and still use a bowcaster, but perhaps he'll be a support or an attacker in that iteration, possessing very different attributes than his former self.

Perhaps when they add ships we'll see the next version of Chewbacca (Pilot)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Manowar wrote: »
    Obviously, they intend on introducing another Chewbacca from the later era. This has been my impression all along. Yes he may look similar and still use a bowcaster, but perhaps he'll be a support or an attacker in that iteration, possessing very different attributes than his former self.

Perhaps when they add ships we'll see the next version of Chewbacca (Pilot)

Sweet! Then you could put together an "All Pilot" team of Wedge, Biggs, FOTP, RP and Pilot Chewie.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    How are these posts still happening...

People are currently desperate for more rebels because of the event
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Kenobi should be a rebel by the same logic that STHAN is
  • There will be a different Chewie with different skills, who will undoubtedly be a scoundrel.
  • He should be a Republic member & not a Scoundrel because he's the younger Chewie
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    With any luck the next update will have Chewbacca re-tagged to be Scoundrel & Rebel (OT-era). Then all this can go away...
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • CLONE WARS chewbacca
    'nuff said
  • Clone Wars Chewbacca was a scoundrel. He was a Smuggler. He smuggled Yoda off the planet.
  • OK so as far as I'm aware there is no cannon books telling what chewy was upto during the clone wars. however if the version after clone wars chewy is going to be rebel chewy - which wouldn't be until in my mind ESB.

non verbatim leia/han quote "I thought you had decided to stick around" (meaning he had joined the rebelion)

"we did until we ran into that bounty hunter in sector 5"

so at this point hand and chewy joined the rebelion between ANH and ESB.

My point here is you could argue that clone wars chewy existed until rebel chewy came into existence in ESB. During this time he was a smuggler.

so his tags are correct.
  • I completely agree! Obi wan kenobi should be a rebel also, after all the leader of the rebels, leia, infamously said " obi wan kenobi, youre my only hope". Not to mention fighting darth vader, and helping luke, R2 and c3po escape.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    In my opinion Chewy should also be a rebel. The cast of rebels is not complete with out Luke, Lea, Han, Chewy - then insert any other...
    SodenBowl.com
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Clone Wars Chewbacca

Notice the 2 first words.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Sikho wrote: »
    Clone Wars Chewbacca

Those 2 words souldn't have come in first place... make us think that in the future they will release a Rebel Chewbacca (Ep4/5/6) and a Resistance Chewbacca (Ep7/8/9)? How are we suppose to know which one? will they make a new outfit for him ? lol... big big mistake from the devs... Should be much easier to just put in the Rebel and Resistance tag on him.
    Do or do not...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    10th thread like this in past 2 days ? Hence the merged one
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sikho wrote: »
    Clone Wars Chewbacca

Those 2 words souldn't have come in first place... make us think that in the future they will release a Rebel Chewbacca (Ep4/5/6) and a Resistance Chewbacca (Ep7/8/9)? How are we suppose to know which one? will they make a new outfit for him ? lol... big big mistake from the devs... Should be much easier to just put in the Rebel and Resistance tag on him.

If they did that there would be a very limited number of toons. This allows them to make toons that are similar but different skills and synergies. I think that's a good idea, otherwise you would so much cross over it would basically be dark vs light, that's not what they were going for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And just to add.....

Is that a dead hourse? Ooww let me kick it too!!!
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Dead horse or not, they have not released an additional Chewy - he is one of the most popular characters in all the Star Wars but esp 4-6.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SS0DEN wrote: »
    Dead horse or not, they have not released an additional Chewy - he is one of the most popular characters in all the Star Wars but esp 4-6.

Exactly why they wouldn't release him right away... same can be said for jedi Luke.