Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Poe being able to go first in a fight should never have happened.

Why? Cause he does not allow you having an easy win with a unsuitable team?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    The Poe 143 speed thing was so obvious a problem before the 70 patch even came out, and why CG didn't even consider slightly altering his gear before the patch is beyond me. Now, "fixing" it requires a nerf. Before, "fixing" it meant altering stuff that wasn't released yet, bothering no one.
    Yep, exactly. This shouldn't even have happened. Amusingly enough, Poe being left like this when they raised the cap is the perfect example of what happens when you do not balance continually.

Comparing Poe 143 speed to anything else in the game atm in regards to problematic balance automatically indicates a generally poor understanding of the issue. It's unlike all other balance issues and creates problems for very different reasons than, say, FOTP being ungodly powerful and OP. FOTP is broken for an entirely different set of reasons than Poe. If people can't see the differences and understand what's going on here, well... that's your own shortcoming. But plenty do, and it's a seriously concerning issue that enough people actually think Poe is not a problem right now. I have the same sort of disbelief in their existence as a plausible reality as I do in believing we actually have Trump supporters in this country. Despite all logic and reason, they exist nonetheless.

This forum needs an applause emoticon, among other things.
    I put it down to Sturgeon's Law, which applies to Internet forums probably more than anything that existed when it was coined.
    Make solid arguments, get back heckling and "cry more". Welcome to gaming forums, I guess.

You must have missed ewoks post, I believe it was, or Naecs, I forget... where this was already said.

We (instinct) pointed this out a week or so before the update in hopes they would make a change. They didn't. Now we get to deal with all the forum posts about Poe...

422299939_6c43481b21.jpg

• Lmao I stay in the top 20
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Redan wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Poe being able to go first in a fight should never have happened.

Why? Cause he does not allow you having an easy win with a unsuitable team?

This discussion is too far over your head youngling.

Move along
  • And I'm f2p and still using same charters that were given to me even among the p2p people I think I do pretty good but I guess I'm just on a server with no competition right lmao
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    This forum desperately needs an ignore feature.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Lmao yes I'm sorry I'm supposed to be leaving
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    And I'm f2p and still using same charters that were given to me even among the p2p people I think I do pretty good but I guess I'm just on a server with no competition right lmao

trust us, Poe will become a major problem on your server, just as it is in all servers.

Poe needs to be tweaked and as naec pointed out, it is now going to be a nerf... which never would have happened if they just tweaked his speed before the lvl 70 increase.
  • I only try to imply what seems logical to me and others do agree with some of the things I say. I really a truthful believe that you people are just so stuck on the fact that Poe is giving an advantage to these one hitter teams when the real issue is the fact that you can have a whole team of 1 hitters.

Honestly what game has anyone played where you can have 5 charters that can 1 hit someone.

The problem is not the characters in my opinion defense/armor damage ratio but the fact is they need to change one way or the other the damage to hp ratio
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I only try to imply what seems logical to me and others do agree with some of the things I say. I really a truthful believe that you people are just so stuck on the fact that Poe is giving an advantage to these one hitter teams when the real issue is the fact that you can have a whole team of 1 hitters.

Honestly what game has anyone played where you can have 5 charters that can 1 hit someone.

The problem is not the characters in my opinion defense/armor damage ratio but the fact is they need to change one way or the other the damage to hp ratio

I am pretty sure it has already been said, but until you experience it you won't understand it.

This isn't like Leia hitting for 4 times, or FOTP hitting for 12k (those are both dumb, and possibly broke). Poe goes first, taunts (so all your guys HAVE to hit him) and he reduces your opponents turn meter (oh and exposes them so the next damage does 20% of their life).

So unless you put poe with a bunch of the slowest toons in the game, you will most likely have all 5 of your guys go before the opponent, and pretty much destroy them. I have won twice where poe went first (both in arena, I don't count GW) and it was very very lucky.

• I only try to imply what seems logical to me and others do agree with some of the things I say. I really a truthful believe that you people are just so stuck on the fact that Poe is giving an advantage to these one hitter teams when the real issue is the fact that you can have a whole team of 1 hitters.

What? Most people have said that that is a problem. What is a bigger problem though is having an entire team of 1hitters(apparently the way the devs wanted things to go, because it seems to not be that hard to do, so like a major balance issue covering the whole meta and questioning the direction they are apparently pushing towards) that then all get to go first because of one guy. Meaning instead of it being a load of 1hitters from both teams trying to out 1hit each other, 4 people get to 1hit first on one team, then the other guy has one try with whatever small amount he has left before being obliterated. That one guy shifts the entire balance of the whole meta in his favour. If the game was not all about high speed and high damage then yes he would be less of an issue, if even one at all. And yes I would very much like this game tolast longer then 1-2 turns and I really hope they implement wider changes because I thjnk its just like boring and playing on a slot machine not fighting a battle. But as the game is right now, this guy breaks it.
  • Stop whining.. Please stop.. It just hurts my eyes..
  • Lmao I'm sorry I quit
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    The Poe 143 speed thing was so obvious a problem before the 70 patch even came out, and why CG didn't even consider slightly altering his gear before the patch is beyond me. Now, "fixing" it requires a nerf. Before, "fixing" it meant altering stuff that wasn't released yet, bothering no one.

Comparing Poe 143 speed to anything else in the game atm in regards to problematic balance automatically indicates a generally poor understanding of the issue. It's unlike all other balance issues and creates problems for very different reasons than, say, FOTP being ungodly powerful and OP. FOTP is broken for an entirely different set of reasons than Poe. If people can't see the differences and understand what's going on here, well... that's your own shortcoming. But plenty do, and it's a seriously concerning issue that enough people actually think Poe is not a problem right now. I have the same sort of disbelief in their existence as a plausible reality as I do in believing we actually have Trump supporters in this country. Despite all logic and reason, they exist nonetheless.
    I understand your point but comparing other balance issues like FOTP is of much importance. If these absurd amount of dps can be fixed, who would care about the rng issue "who taunt first"? No one can take out others so easily and let the real strategy comes into play. The problem can be fixed without touching poe.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member

I understand your point but comparing other balance issues like FOTP is of much importance. If these absurd amount of dps can be fixed, who would care about the rng issue "who taunt first"? No one can take out others so easily and let the real strategy comes into play. The problem can be fixed without touching poe.

No it cannot Poe needs to be changed. No matter what people have invested in him his turn meter removal changes the outcome of the match before it even begins
  • Exactly my point and this will still make other tanks viable there is nothing wrong with Poe. If leia and fotp are attacking more than they are supposed to yes please get that fixed
  • Tak wrote: »

No it cannot Poe needs to be changed. No matter what people have invested in him his turn meter removal changes the outcome of the match before it even begins

Poe didn't change the meta alone, glitch-like big hitters are the culprit. You wouldn't worry about losing a fight in 1 turn against Poe+boba+nightsister acolyte+tusken raider+talia or some sort of composition because they didn't deal insane amount of damage.
  • I think everything in this game needs to be nerfed; except Royal Guard. Lol.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »

Poe didn't change the meta alone, glitch-like big hitters are the culprit. You wouldn't worry about losing a fight in 1 turn against Poe+boba+nightsister acolyte+tusken raider+talia or some sort of composition because they didn't deal insane amount of damage.

That's true Poe isn't alone in changing the meta but by definition nobody is going to run 4 glass cannons behind him without turn removal as they wont survive. The reason is works now is they all get a special off
  • Ok but that is how he is used that is the best suited team for him and that is what the synergy system is for so you can find any different kind of characters that go together. So Poe never should have been and issue people wanted Poe gone because they don't want to loose their 1 hitters because they themselves know the damage output is unfair and if it was gone they would actually have to strategize and wouldn't be able to to run through everything with brute force
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016

It doesn't change anything. Currently, toons do so much damage that they oneshot everything, and Poe lasts 1 turn. If they reduce damage by half, then those FOTP won't 1shot people.... AND Poe will live two turns. Also, not only damage going first is important. Stun first, ability block first, etc and you still get a huge adventage.

The thing is this is a turn based game. Things don't happen simultsneously. So the order in which they happen is very important, as your Lumi going before mine means mine might be blocked and half dead. The game is supposed to be balanced by the fact that, if de both load similarly fast toons, normally I Play one, then you play one, and so on.

Poe changes that, because if he goes first, my entire team go first. And that breaks the already fragile balance of you-me-you-me turn system. If I play 5 characters before you do, it's VERY dificult for you to win
  • But even with the whole team going one time before you with less damage your not going to loose 3 or 4 charters you may loose one if they get lucky how do I know this because I face people using Poe on teams that are not that good and it makes hardly little difference
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    But even with the whole team going one time before you with less damage your not going to loose 3 or 4 charters you may loose one if they get lucky how do I know this because I face people using Poe on teams that are not that good and it makes hardly little difference

You must not be high end arena. Get top ten than report back and you will see.
  • Lmao heard that before and that's my point because in those top ten are p2p players and have exclusive charters that you have to pay for that can 1 hit or just got charters all the way leveled up because they are p2p players and they do massive amounts of damage but on these lower levels I'm on not so good Poe is because there is no where near the damage behind him there for Poe is not the problem the problem is the massive damage
  • High damage, poor health, 1 shot character... are problems, nobody denies that. However, Poe makes these problems much much much...worse. Without Poe's taunt and meter reduction, those high damage characters, those 1 shot character can be easily wiped out by AI or players.

Well in Summoners War a single monster can one hit an entire team lol.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Barrok wrote: »
    I only try to imply what seems logical to me and others do agree with some of the things I say. I really a truthful believe that you people are just so stuck on the fact that Poe is giving an advantage to these one hitter teams when the real issue is the fact that you can have a whole team of 1 hitters.

I am pretty sure it has already been said, but until you experience it you won't understand it.

This isn't like Leia hitting for 4 times, or FOTP hitting for 12k (those are both dumb, and possibly broke). Poe goes first, taunts (so all your guys HAVE to hit him) and he reduces your opponents turn meter (oh and exposes them so the next damage does 20% of their life).

So unless you put poe with a bunch of the slowest toons in the game, you will most likely have all 5 of your guys go before the opponent, and pretty much destroy them. I have won twice where poe went first (both in arena, I don't count GW) and it was very very lucky.

So wait, you are ripping on @Qeltar but 1 page further you actually say Poe needs a nerf and Leia/FotP are possibly broken. When did the change of heart happen?

About the "wait till level 80/90/100 for balance doesn't count. Balance can be done which is called scaling in games. That means endgame stats can stay unchanged if they want to, but scale it (adjust it) for lower levels. People saying "up your strat" are seriously the users of teams like this or really think skill matters when there is a 95% chance of losing vs that team. You don't have to be a genius to know how to beat said team in the hopes you get a stun or taunt off yourself. Highest hp character currently out here getting 1 shot by 2 possible options equals broken.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Seems the people that invested in Poe are mounting a vigorous defense. However, the writing is on the wall, he will be adjusted. Plan accordingly.

• Why? The problem is only with lev 61 Poes speed. They won't nerf him hardcore. They GAVE him for free to every IOS user. Consequently those players have tried to level him. If you think a few high level players are going to get him nerfed, you are sadly mistaken. This game is just getting started up the flat portion on the left side of a bell curve.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think GW is the best place to practice.. Anyone have any good strategy to against this team? pretty deadly..

X2hBiXe.png