Palpatine Event

Boo
4134 posts Member
edited August 2016

Palpatine Event 14 votes

Event to unlock Palpatine (like Yoda, but sith characters only)
92%
CerealKillerdan_lynch_01BooOld_ScottBradGoodyearGlitterOutlawMeechamTheLinesGuyBarhebraeusYaax64grotesque_ahBatman2137ps4Bhbravehart 13 votes
No this is dumb
7%
Mol_Eliza12 1 vote

Replies

• Event to unlock Palpatine (like Yoda, but sith characters only)
    You never know, this could be in the pipeline.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    It is... tomorrow apparently, the Dark Side grows stronger - and so does every player if the hope to participate in this Rebel's only event.

I think I will miss out on tomorrow's event sadly.

I have been playing since December and have concentrated on so many toons and factions, but rebels have been a faction I have long ignored.

This is because the toons they released are generally poo.

* Biggs - thinks he's all that and got shot down in the first movie (technically the 4th movie)
    * Lando - is a traitor, lol
    * Ackbar - fishman who like's to say "It's a trap" he is a joke of the star wars universe.
    * Rebel hoth soldier and rebel hoth scout - ???? who are these people again, because they don't actually have names!!!
    * Luke - this was not the version of Luke we were all looking for.
    * Storm Trooper Han - where was actual Han Solo?? Now he has been released and almost impossible to get.
    * Lobot - such a memorable character...NOT.
    * Wedge - ok character, but again was only just released for P2P
    * Leia - about the only good toon worth getting for a rebel.

So that's it folks - why would I or any F2P player waste time on that line up??? when you have Jedi, Sith etc etc to unlock and level.

So developers say, lets start a challenge with toons that no one really cares about and annoy the hec out of everyone who has not played this game as P2P and unlocked and levelled everyone yet...ha ha ha

Not funny, I am sure Yoda would agree that EA's humour is a path to the dark side.
  • dan_lynch_01
    251 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a half decent Rebel team & I beat the first 5 levels with ease. Personally I like the Rebels - ST Han, Leia, Biggs, Luke and Ackbar make up my team. Biggs is the only 7* and I coasted through. The credits and crystals alone are worth it.
  • The event has been entertaining until I reached t7. The addition of Vader makes it an exercise in frustration, but the removal of Vader's CDs, his blinding speed, and the interaction of his Force Crush with Palpatine's lifesteal mechanic make him nigh on invulnerable.
  • No this is dumb
    You guys, Palpatine is the Empire. Darth Sidious is for siths.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Palpatine is Darth Sidious - he is always remained a Sith.

It is just like having Luke Skywalker and Rebel Luke, or Han Solo and Sormtrooper Han in this game, just two different versions in time.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Regardless - the event is here and Palpatine is now a playable toon.

Note his character tags:

Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Support
  • No this is dumb
    I guess so... But it still wouldn't make any sense to have 2 Darth Sidious in the game
  • No this is dumb
    The "support" part is dumb... Why make a 145-shard toon to make it support? Not saying that support toons are awful, just that offense/defense toons help me the most.
  • Event to unlock Palpatine (like Yoda, but sith characters only)
    Agreed why make him support arguably the strongest character in the movie universe, kicked yoda's behind and built 2 death stars only to be support? who does he support his massive army ? or his empire apprentice? then again he did get downed by a bunch of teenagers so idk - the massive galaxy spawning empire brought down by some kids... guess it's because the emperor was support haha

"Emperor: ...my design"
    "stormtrooper: Shut up and support me... get me a coffee"

idk just feels underrated for the emperor to be support other than that all good, wish i had more rebels but hey

Also for such events it would be greatly appreciated if we could buy a set number of shard for a char guaranteed because a lot of us would not gamble. for 10 shards we need for the extra star is really not worth it I would buy some 10 leya shards at a dececnt price or crystals but no way am i gonna spend real money to get maxed out toons and have to turn them to general blue shards... just a taught