Raid question for those who can solo or almost solo P1

If 4 people, who can solo P1, all start at the same time and do 2 mill damage each, have 6 mill dam overlap into P2? P3?

Our guild wants to let multiple people go crazy on the pigs, but when they get to P2, they have to try and escape so others can play P2.

Want to make sure, but I dint think damage done in P1 carries over to P2. But wanted to check to make sure.

Replies

• Bones
    456 posts Member
    Nothing will overlap, only the one that logs the most damage
  • Each phase damage overlaps. But doesn't leak into next phase.
    So if you and someone else finish p1 and do 10% and 15% in p2 it will only register p1 and 25% of p2
  • So if A does 1.9 mill
    B does 2 mill
    C does 2.1 mill
    D does 2.2 mill

Then only 200,000 damage will be done to P2 rancor?

Thanks
  • Just saw Wilgrunts post, so it be 300,000 damage then.

Cool, thanks guys!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Depends on the person that locks the battle first. If he is in P2 around 90% i.e. and finishes his battle first, it will stay locked to 90% in P2 untill a person starts in P2 at 90%.

If 40 people did P1, the rest of the dmg won't overlap in P2. Only the person that locked first will set the score and the meter.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Cool, thanks!
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My guild has some players able to make solo p1. The maths looks like this.
    1th player makes max p1 dmg + 30% p2 dmg and commits
    2th player makes max p1 dmg + 30% p2 dmg and commits
    3th player makes max p1 dmg + 20% p2 dmg and commits
    you have still p2 open
    4th player commits max p1 dmg + 30% p2 dmg
    no more p2 and only p3 is open

Be sure to commit all p1+ fights before guild will start next possible phase p3! If you let to commit p1 during p3 and p4 phases you will have lottery and many players in p4 will receive additional dmg. It can be 4 milions additional dmg . If you have a delay between commiting p1 and next phase, the lottery will occure but the winner will receive maximum some hundreds thousands additional dmg.

The conclusion . If you want to give all players possiblility to be first in the raid do not use the delay. It can help the player from the end of ranking.

If somone will be able to finish p1 and p2 in one run, the p3 phase will collect dmg. I am not sure if it will collect only dmg did in p3 . Raid is extremly bugged and it is possible p3 will collect dmg from p2.

The only way to play p2 by my guild's players not possible to finish p1 , is come in to the raid after first player will commit the p1 and wait for signal to start next phase. Or after 2 or 3 will commit. After 5th commitment no chance for a gate in p2.
  • Bones wrote: »
    Nothing will overlap, only the one that logs the most damage
    Right!
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Maybe it's because I'm super tired but these seem to be confusing answers. I'm not sure if I can or should try to simplify it but here goes:

If one person starts p1 and soloes it going into p2 and does 10% damage before anybody else starts then everyone else starts in p2 at 90%.

If two people go into p1, solo it, and go into p2 each doing 10% damage before the rest of the guild go in then everyone else starts p2 at 90%.

If everyone goes into p1, soloes it, and registers 10% in p2, everyone dies at the same time and then goes right back in with another team at the same time then everyone starts p2 at 90%.

Now, if someone is soloing p1 and you have others registering damage the whole time and all that damage finishes off p1 before the solo player finishes p1 then everyone else moves onto p2. The solo player (or even players as evident from the above examples) no matter what will start p2 with 100% on the rancor. Everyone else could be further along. We had one player who scored amazingly high and went 80% into p3. By that time we were all into p4 but he had to start each phase at the beginning.

Also, at no point is all that extra damage added to any phase. Meaning, if everyone is onto p3 when the solo player(s) start p2 then all the p2 damage is just extra. Even all of the p1 damage is extra, really, since everything has already been logged. I just scored 2.6+ mil and was barely in the top ten. Isn't there roughly 12 mil in the whole raid? Take the top five and just that damage alone could have finished off the raid. So basically, there is going to be some overlap with damage, especially if you have multiple people soloing a phase of two. If there's a big gap between player level in the guild then it could be tricky if you have all your heavy hitters soloing a phase and then you don't have enough to finish off the rest because of all the overlap in damage.

Hopefully, that makes sense.
  • sying wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I'm super tired but these seem to be confusing answers. I'm not sure if I can or should try to simplify it but here goes:

If one person starts p1 and soloes it going into p2 and does 10% damage before anybody else starts then everyone else starts in p2 at 90%.

If two people go into p1, solo it, and go into p2 each doing 10% damage before the rest of the guild go in then everyone else starts p2 at 90%.

If everyone goes into p1, soloes it, and registers 10% in p2, everyone dies at the same time and then goes right back in with another team at the same time then everyone starts p2 at 90%.

In the second scenario, the p2 portion of the damage is additive as long as p2 is not already complete, so there would be 80% remaining for anyone else to hop in. In the third scenario, p2 would be gone, but nothing would register in p3.
  • This is what happened i did about 50% dmg kpin p1 and another guy did 30% the one who did 30% completed the battle before me so when i finished mine instead of having 50% left their was 20% left ..
    So it adds up i got a guild mate who can complete p 1-2 and about 60% of p3
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    sying wrote: »

In the second scenario, the p2 portion of the damage is additive as long as p2 is not already complete, so there would be 80% remaining for anyone else to hop in. In the third scenario, p2 would be gone, but nothing would register in p3.

Damage is only added to a phase if it is still open when you finish your run but total damage done registers on leaderboard. Be careful with carry over from one phase to another cause it can wipe it quick.

My guild has a rule if you carryover from p1 into p2 you have to wait and hold till p2 is done so 10 people are not wiping out 2 phases or you have to escape/die before finishing p1.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    sying wrote: »

You're right. I really don't know what I was thinking there. Especially with that third scenario. Sorry, didn't mean to add to the confusion.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    scuba wrote: »

My guild has a rule if you carryover from p1 into p2 you have to wait and hold till p2 is done so 10 people are not wiping out 2 phases or you have to escape/die before finishing p1.

Fine. Does your guild has a solution for millions dmg lottery in P4 if dmg from P1 will be released in P3/P4 ?
    There are two problems :
    1. Do not wait and P2 will not be accesable for the rest of guild , only for P1 players. If P2/3/4 player is not enough smart , he will not play in P2. P2/3/4 player will never win with P1 player. P2/3/4 player has a chance to win only with other P2/3/4/ players. If this will be only P3/4 player , it will nothing change on the leaderboard. Additional. The smart P2/3/4 player who will open P2 in correct moment will win with other not smart P3/4 players.
    2. Let's do your guild rule. Some players in the phase P4 (near the end of raid) will receive additional milions of dmg, others will finish with 0 dmg. The RNG will decide who will win in the raid. Each can help the RNG if will send to P4 only 1 person teams , one by one from the beginig to the end of P4 only for receiving the lottery dmg.

What is better ?
    The only profit of the second way is to let the weak player be first or in top 10 of current raid and receive more salvages, gold, tokens and shards. It can be helpful for weak player.

My guild does not have a solution for the lottery.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    What is this lottery damage you are talking about? I have never seen it.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    It is if many players (~25) finished P1 in the same rajd and commiting results in P3/P4 phases.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Tomek wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Fine. Does your guild has a solution for millions dmg lottery in P4 if dmg from P1 will be released in P3/P4 ?
    There are two problems :
    1. Do not wait and P2 will not be accesable for the rest of guild , only for P1 players. If P2/3/4 player is not enough smart , he will not play in P2. P2/3/4 player will never win with P1 player. P2/3/4 player has a chance to win only with other P2/3/4/ players. If this will be only P3/4 player , it will nothing change on the leaderboard. Additional. The smart P2/3/4 player who will open P2 in correct moment will win with other not smart P3/4 players.
    2. Let's do your guild rule. Some players in the phase P4 (near the end of raid) will receive additional milions of dmg, others will finish with 0 dmg. The RNG will decide who will win in the raid. Each can help the RNG if will send to P4 only 1 person teams , one by one from the beginig to the end of P4 only for receiving the lottery dmg.

What is better ?
    The only profit of the second way is to let the weak player be first or in top 10 of current raid and receive more salvages, gold, tokens and shards. It can be helpful for weak player.

My guild does not have a solution for the lottery.

Most that solo P1 right now only do about 25% into P2 so it has not been an issue of P1 and P2 solo back to back.

We also have implemented a rule where the top 10 from last raid must take a 0 till FFA is called ~ 24 hours after raid start. It is **** that we have to do this but have found it is the only way to make the damage last. The other option is take 0 in the first 24 hours for entire guild than FFA on entire raid 24 hours later. Both would work.

The top 10 rotation has pushed many of our players into top spots because by the time FFA comes around there is typically <50% of P4 left.

I along with other have take 0 for the whole raid on multiple occasions and I am ok with that for the development of my guild. I could always use the raid gear currency, shards but I have my main teams max geared and Han solo is not a top priority for me.