CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Replies

• I have been doing quite well in arena since replacing Chewie with Kylo. In fact today I went 5/5 for the first time in a while. He is simply a good all-around attacker and is good insurance for the Sid heal immunity resist. Depending on the situation, all three of his abilities are useful especially on the first turn. And he is pretty decent on defense. I dont care for not being able to farm him until lvl 53 but if you focus all your cantina energy into him he will catch up to the rest of your team in a week or two.
  • I got him on par with the rest of my team and I'm unimpressed, not going to put him into PVP as he's really easy to play around. I think I'm going to ditch him for geo
  • hes pretty good but not a complete game changer. He seems to lose HP fast but that can help in pvp by triggers his outrage boost.
  • Kylo in pvp is easy, keep him above 50% or if below 50% finish him off or ability block.
  • I love Kylo on my FO team. When he gets extra attacks in he does immunity to heal. But my favorite thing is when people ignore him and FO officer because that's an automatic offense up and a major damage AOE attack. The more you ignore him the more immunity debuff the opposing team has. Kylo Ren is a good player on any roster but a great one for a phasma FO team
  • Nothing is more rewarding then watching Leia triple tap you Kylo with counter and watching him get three counter attacks and killing Leia. Might be my favorite thing in the entire game, no joke.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    who is the best heroes that should team up with him?
  • My favorite thing is watching Dooku and Kylo endlessly wreck AoE attackers
    Song wrote: »
    who is the best heroes that should team up with him?

Having him in a Phasma-led team is optimal as it doubles his chance of calling an assist from her leader ability. Otherwise he is pretty much a jack of all trades that fits into pretty much any non-specialized team comp.
  • I have him at 7* and he's okay. Not great but okay. I'll hit 64 tomorrow or the day after. I'll let you know if gear 8 makes him any better.
  • Nothing is more rewarding then watching Leia triple tap you Kylo with counter and watching him get three counter attacks and killing Leia. Might be my favorite thing in the entire game, no joke.

Really? I've only seen him counter once on a character that attacked him. Same with Dooku and Fives.
  • Andrew wrote: »
    Nothing is more rewarding then watching Leia triple tap you Kylo with counter and watching him get three counter attacks and killing Leia. Might be my favorite thing in the entire game, no joke.

Really? I've only seen him counter once on a character that attacked him. Same with Dooku and Fives.

He will counter for every time he is hit. Mine will hit dooku/fotp twice and leia 3 times. The best part is that after he takes the beating from Leia he can take almost any character to the red with his special.
  • Michajam wrote: »
    alkaiser93 wrote: »
    IMO, only Phasma, Ren and FOO are worth your time. FOST it's good, but not that good. And FOTP it's hard as hell to farm.

I agree with this every word. Until you can get FOTP more stars it's better to have an extra healer in there. Also phasma, FOO, and Ren are a great combo. With that said FOTP is my favorite character.

I'm aiming to get the FOO to 6 stars saving the cantina credits at almost 3k now. I'm eager to see new first order united added though i bet we will see new ones so im waiting until that day and for now im saving cantina credits should have 10k next month.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • I stopped farming him immediately after reading this thread.
  • He is almost unlocked since I run a Phasma led team. I hope is a good addition to my team.
  • I love having kylo. Having another healing immunity on the team makes focus fire that much more efficient.
  • I bought 8x Chromium cards and got hosed. Didn't get a single character worth any form of a ****. I'm super jealous of those who have good characters!
  • I bought 8x Chromium cards and got hosed. Didn't get a single character worth any form of a ****. I'm super jealous of those who have good characters!
    They don't say they spend for much of them thousands dollars
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I know Kylo's potential but he really need a team to build around him..

My Kylo is still 5stars 50/85 to 6stars...... i probably use him once he is 6stars.
  • I am 9-0 since putting him in my phasma-led arena team. About to break into tue top 50 for the first time.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    I am 9-0 since putting him in my phasma-led arena team. About to break into tue top 50 for the first time.

Good to hear, 8 shards away. I have a phasma led team along with poggle so hopefully I will able to retain top 10. Always getting pushed to 20s and have to fight my way back. In my server the top 20s are beginning to get competitive with guys putting up a good team together.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    I am 9-0 since putting him in my phasma-led arena team. About to break into tue top 50 for the first time.

I like him too. At first, I wasn't impressed. I have him only a 5* level 7 gear (60 player level). all his abilities are level 4; I count on his Outrage to generally finish off any premiere character showing red or a little yellow. Very dependable there. I use him as Phasma lead always. He also has nice counters and gets real nasty when below 50% health.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • I will say that I am consistently in 1st or 2nd place ano use Kylo. He isn't BAD.

This is why im F2P simply put :P.
  • Kylo is somewhat odd in that he excel's as a generalist, not necessarily as any 1 particular thing. Very versatile, but there are often better champions depending on what your team is.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Kylo is somewhat odd in that he excel's as a generalist, not necessarily as any 1 particular thing. Very versatile, but there are often better champions depending on what your team is.

Thats the most accurate summary posted so far.
    I have a 7* max gear max lvl 63 kylo and hes a plug-n-play toon. He is above average imo. Hes not a game changer but hes not a scrub either. I have seen far too often in games of all sorts where the specialty u its shine and the generalists who excel at nothing but fail at nothing never see much play due to the former BUT kylo really does shine in the "jack of all trades" role. He is dangerous at any/every point on the match and here is why.
    1) nice aoe
    2) if u ignore him, he can add dots, heal debuffs
    3) if u atk him, he can counter (hits alot harder then dooku) and apply dots/debuffs on the counter.
    4) atk him enough and u enter the nasty zone where hes beliw 50% health and most dangerous (mine crits for over 9k)
    5) finally he has a high chance to reset all cooldowns everytime hes atk'd

So yea, like him or not, he is the very definition of a versitile toon that can excel in birtually any team.

Hes easily my fav toon and my arena team went from fighting for top 50 daily to consistent top 10 daily.
  • Accept the disgrace and build your Phasma team now. The attack assist crutch is going to have us all playing the exact same team soon and that is a real shame.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I was going to try the following with phasma,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.
  • I tried a first order team, I had a similar experience where I lost 100 ranks so I opted to explore other options. I opted out of FOO and went for Poe. Turn meter manipulation seems to be working well for me.

FOO was good on paper, good synergy but the AI will not preserve your rank, maybe gain ranks with it and switch to a different team to hold your rank

I agree with this. FOO has a unique set of specials that need to be used in certain situations on certain characters. If they are not used properly its like loosing a turn

Most people don't get their players through data cards but rather from game play and refreshing energy
  • I was going to try the following with phasma,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Fives
    4. Lumi
    5. FOO

Or the following,

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Poggle
    3. Luke
    4. FOO
    5. Lumi

Suggestions ?.

I like those teams. Who else do you have? It would benefit you to have another AOE attack with offense up from Poggle, Like Kylo or Sideus. The FOO has a great single attack when all have advantage.

I have been using
    Phasma, FOO, Kylo, Stormtrooper han, FOTP
    The first one is for high damage quick kills
    Phasma, FOO, Kylo, FOST, Lumi
    Second to keep turn meter going for multiple turns