Mace Windu Discussion and call for a buff

Replies

• JWH
    138 posts Member
    This isn't news.
  • Now,if Mace somehow survived being tossed out the window,like the evening trash, I'd be more than happy to call it a win. But hey, Sith cheat, We all know it. In last man standing.. Well we know who walked away.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Pros:
    - Samuel L Jackson

Cons:
    - slooooooooooow
    - Poor damage
    - Not tanky
    - Special sucks
    - Unique is horrible

-Slow is a good thing because he can debuff taunts. He has 47% Potency which helps.
    -High damage with defense up. One of the highest first skill damage in the game.
    -I think 14k hp is tanky enough.
    -Debuff is very useful against taunts.
    -Yes..unique is horrible because he doesnt die that easily.

I think all players are only looking at very end game content where everything dies in one two hits. But at lower levels Mace is very useful where Taunts actually make a difference and Mace is there to debuff it right away while the enemy is still attacking my Taunt. You cant say he is useless just because he su*** at end game. He does his job fairly well in early to mid game.

Chewie is good at early to mid game as well. But those levels go by very quickly and hardly justifies the expenditure of resources on a toon that will in, literally a matter of days, be somewhere between lol and garbage.

No matter how you pitch his speed, slow is bad. Only two things matter in this game currently: speed and damage. It's an unfortunate reality. The fact that mace has neither is only part of what makes him awful.

The unique is horrible because it's horrible. He's ridiculously easy to kill. If I see him I smile cause I know it's 4v5. Knowing that, I save him till last because he's zero threat. When he's the last to die, what benefit does his unique provide? Were he to have a taunt, maybe it'd be semi useful; since he'd be sure to get burned. But he doesn't so it's not.

The most common tank in the game is Poe. Poe had very high tenacity and will resist mace's smite 9 times out of 10. The same goes for most decently geared toons. The chance of resist vs the benefit gained by his ability makes it not worth the time and resources to level him.

The damage with defense up is not high. Not in a meta where all tanks but Poe are useless and the ability to down 2+ toons on the first round is not only possible but common and necessary. In the current meta there are some teams that would go 3-4 times before mace went once.

I appreciate that you like him. But he is absolutely awful at everything except the tank challenge.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    I have ima gun+mace and mace is really good.

Facepalm-Meme-12.jpg

Both haha
    The answer is BOTH!!!!!!!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    HansOlo wrote: »
    Mace won against Sidious ... because ... Samuel Jackson

Yea ecxept sidious was only toying with windu same as he was only toting with yoda lol. Sidious would wreck them both easily.

This is why there were hundreads of jedi/jedi in training all to combat just 2 sith
    Muahahahahahahaha
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well Mace turned out to defeat Sidious in lightsaber combat. Which isn't that surprising. Vapaad is made for it. And Mace was the second best duelist of his age, they say. But winning one part of the fight means little against an opponent who knows Force Lightning and always has a weapon literally at their fingertips. In the end he couldn't have overcome Sidious. But he did perform an extraordinary feat in that fight anyway.
  • Will everyone who is completely off topic stop? Who gives a rats **** who won?

I made one comment saying mace should get anti sith abilities and now there's like 15 posts about irrelevant stuff omg.
  • If the devs needed a 100% vote to buff Mace, it would only be 99% because I would vote against it. I have used him and helped me alot. Like I said players opinions are always biased against Mace.

• He is only useful for 2 things.

1# Early game for light side; which goes by incredibly fast if your playing every day.

2# Tank Challenge

But no let's just let the strong stay strong, and the weak stay weaker because who doesn't wanna keep Sidious, Dooku, Phasma, and Poe at the top. That keeps the game interesting, don't worry about the other characters.

The game needs major re-balancing.

Luminara should not be hitting for more damage per turn then Mace or even Savage. She is obviously a healer and probably the best in the game atm yet she is hitting for far more damage.
  • OMG another mace is not good enough post.... we get it he is broken.
  • BigBoss
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The thing is I don't think they do get it because he still sucks.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Well Mace turned out to defeat Sidious in lightsaber combat. Which isn't that surprising. Vapaad is made for it. And Mace was the second best duelist of his age, they say. But winning one part of the fight means little against an opponent who knows Force Lightning and always has a weapon literally at their fingertips. In the end he couldn't have overcome Sidious. But he did perform an extraordinary feat in that fight anyway.

Hey, a hurt Darth Vader just took him and threw him into the shaft.

Mace won in the saber duel and only Anakin saved Sidious. Sidious was obviously beaten and out of breath. That wasnt a poker bluff. He couldnt be certain, Anakin will help him. And, Anakin cut Mace arms. Sidious could never know that Anakin will cut his arms. If he believed, Anakin will help him, it could have been also through words or just through a block. If Mace would have his arms, he could block the force lightning.

And Yoda-Sidious was quite even. Neither could beat the other. But it was known, Mace is the best saber duelist, Yoda ist good with sabers and the force.
  • Just had Mace's smite not work 4 times straight in Galactic War lol
  • How come Mace couldn't Force Float after he was thrown out of the window? Where did his body go? Did Coruscant Underworld Police find him? Is he secretly alive somewhere?
  • Though Windu sucks in pvp, he is a role player in getting 3 stars in light side battles. I'd say Windu could be made stronger because he killed Jango Fett and defeated Sidious in 1 on 1.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @HansOlo In the novelization of Revenge of the Sith, the author states that Mace was at the brink of collapsing and his lightsaber was about to break apart (iirc). That's why he begged Anakin for help, stating that he couldn't take Sidious alone.

Watch the scene again. Check how quickly Sidious goes from "about to collapse" to "unlimited power!!!". Watch his sadistic smile when Mace loses his hand. He's not relieved that he's alive. He's triumphant.
  • Abyss wrote: »

Yea ecxept sidious was only toying with windu same as he was only toting with yoda lol. Sidious would wreck them both easily.

This is why there were hundreads of jedi/jedi in training all to combat just 2 sith
    Muahahahahahahaha

Truest statement ever, only toyed with mace to get anakin over to the dark side.
  • moddom wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Muahahahahahahaha

Truest statement ever, only toyed with mace to get anakin over to the dark side.

He wasn't toying with yoda, he was trying to destroy him from the start but couldn't, same goes for yoda which ended in a stalemate of a fight. That's why yoda bailed because he saw no way of winning, especially as Sid gained the upper hand from his surroundings.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @FakeRobbo It just blows my mind. Maul got cut in half, and came back with a vengeance. Yoda took a little fall, and went into exile for 20 years. It makes absolutely no sense when you think of it.
  • aeonaxx wrote: »
    Though Windu sucks in pvp, he is a role player in getting 3 stars in light side battles. I'd say Windu could be made stronger because he killed Jango Fett and defeated Sidious in 1 on 1.

As long as they trash his unique ability and give him another one I'm fine with anything at this stage. Too many charcters are below average in usefulness and it's hurting the game imo. If they make everyone viable then PvP may actually have a bit of variety someday because atm the only thing that matters is speed, and power. Hence why Poe, Sidious, Dooku, Luke are all doing so well.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    @FakeRobbo It just blows my mind. Maul got cut in half, and came back with a vengeance. Yoda took a little fall, and went into exile for 20 years. It makes absolutely no sense when you think of it.

Yeah it was a strange twist in the entire story for such a powerful being to simply go away and hide. I guess as grand master of the jedi order yoda took it personally that he didn't sense palpatine was a powerful sith lord but he should have done something else!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    BigBoss wrote: »
    aeonaxx wrote: »
    Though Windu sucks in pvp, he is a role player in getting 3 stars in light side battles. I'd say Windu could be made stronger because he killed Jango Fett and defeated Sidious in 1 on 1.

As long as they trash his unique ability and give him another one I'm fine with anything at this stage. Too many charcters are below average in usefulness and it's hurting the game imo. If they make everyone viable then PvP may actually have a bit of variety someday because atm the only thing that matters is speed, and power. Hence why Poe, Sidious, Dooku, Luke are all doing so well.

Around half the characters are below average, and about half of them will ever be, whatever the average is. Because that's what average is
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Yeah it was a strange twist in the entire story for such a powerful being to simply go away and hide. I guess as grand master of the jedi order yoda took it personally that he didn't sense palpatine was a powerful sith lord but he should have done something else!

Yeah, that implies Yoda gave in to self doubt. That's dark side stuff. I don't see that happening. Also, why didn't they train Luke and Leia to be Jedi from birth? Letting Luke just hang out farming moisture and shooting womprats until he's too old for training doesn't seem like a very wise move... Leia got busy at least.
  • I know it's offtopic but i rewatched the windu palpatine fight. Windu wins straight up. At one point palpatine was to weak to maintain force lightning at that moment. If anniken wouldn't stop windu palpatine would have died.

Anyway it's a shame in game windu sucks. Would love to farm him, but after this thread, i think I'll pass.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Windu being a better swordmaster than Sidious is about as relevant as Aragorn being a better swordmaster than Gandalf. Sidious main stremgth is not fencing anyways
  • I know it's offtopic but i rewatched the windu palpatine fight. Windu wins straight up. At one point palpatine was to weak to maintain force lightning at that moment. If anniken wouldn't stop windu palpatine would have died.

Anyway it's a shame in game windu sucks. Would love to farm him, but after this thread, i think I'll pass.

It's hard to say if there will ever be a fix for him in the future, I'm not sure if the developers frequent these threads all that often. He is useful for the tank challenge because his initial competition there is Royal Guard, and Chewie lol; until you get others that is. The only other use somewhat is light side battles but yeah fingers crossed something changes in the future aye.
  • All I have to say on Mace is Mob Enforcer's Thermal Detonator always sticks to him. And it hardly ever sticks on anyone else.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you go to general discussion there's someone there who says Mace is the solution to a first turn Poe. Lololololololol
  • Telaan wrote: »
    If you go to general discussion there's someone there who says Mace is the solution to a first turn Poe. Lololololololol

Yeah I remember reading that lol
  • At least Windu should be as helpful as Dooku does, but Windu is a joke now.