Character Strategy- Geonosian Spy

2Next

Replies

• I love Geo Spy I just 1 shot Leia for 33k then killed Old ben and destroyed RG with 55k Crit.
    Hopefully they will get all the bugs worked out with him.

I started using

Nute Leader
    Leia
    Geo Spy
    Sun Fac
    RG

Pretty good team so far all 3 go stealth and it forces toons to just hit my tanks.
    JKA aoe wiped me once but I think when I face him ill have to target him first when teamed with Rey and just Offense down Rey With Sun Fac taunt.

I added crit Dmg mods on my Geo Spy and I have seen some improvement with his Dmg output
  • Sino
    30 posts Member
    Offensive power wasnt the problem ever... problem was and still ist, the defense!!
    I still didn´t find a team that can keep top 5 for more than 1-3 hours
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It is enough to keep top ranks because his damage is more ridiculous that Vader's Saber Throw which usually hits for 20k if set up correctly which never happens because his speed is ****. However, Geonosian Spy does not lack speed so he is easier to set up and his special will do double of Vader's damage and can't miss.
  • I just noticed that Spy can grant himself 70% turn meter when he use his silent strike on a non buffed enemy. That's awesome I was using him wrong always waiting for the set up kill with at least 6 stats between the two toons.

This changes how I can use him now allowing a negative stat on maybe a Rey and then that 79% turn kicks in and he is going again. pretty cool
  • I have been trying to find a team for him since I got him. My guild leader recommended this team to me and it is fantastic.

88 (L) GS, Fac, Spy and RG

Have not dropped below 15 and I always have a chance to steal the one spot. I'm the only one in my shard running a 88 lead and it feels sweet to punish the Ben teams finally. Still need to avoid HK droid teams though..
  • DarthLark
    78 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ExitMusic wrote: »
    I have been trying to find a team for him since I got him. My guild leader recommended this team to me and it is fantastic.

Have not dropped below 15 and I always have a chance to steal the one spot. I'm the only one in my shard running a 88 lead and it feels sweet to punish the Ben teams finally. Still need to avoid HK droid teams though..
    This is a fun team. I do this on GW except with lumi or daka for rg. GSpy goes 5x more times than everyone else. It's hard to get the top ranks in arena with this team, especially with aoe meta he gets destroyed in stealth
    Post edited by DarthLark on
  • Sino
    30 posts Member
    Anyone tried spy with the new empire setups?

maybe something like,

EP, Vader, rg, spy, gs
    or
    ig88, ep, rg, spy, gs
    or
    ep, vader, sf, gs, spy

anyone? if not, i´ll try and report if interested
  • Sino wrote: »
    Anyone tried spy with the new empire setups?

maybe something like,

EP, Vader, rg, spy, gs
    or
    ig88, ep, rg, spy, gs
    or
    ep, vader, sf, gs, spy

anyone? if not, i´ll try and report if interested

I'd be interested in these results. My emperor has a long way to go
  • DarthLark wrote: »
    ExitMusic wrote: »
    I have been trying to find a team for him since I got him. My guild leader recommended this team to me and it is fantastic.

This is a fun team. I do this on GW except with lumi or daka for rg. GSpy goes 5x more times than everyone else. It's hard to get the top ranks in arena with this team, especially with aoe meta he gets destroyed in stealth

Yeah those teams come down to the wire but if I can take Lando out early I usually win. I have RG and Fac over 60k protection and as much speed I can on the hitters. I like the tanks slow so they taunt longer. Spy obliterates toons.. Especially if you take Ben out second to last. Have not dropped past #10 in 2 days now.

Thinking about it now I can probably rework spy because he does not really need speed with all his turn meter.
  • DirtyDanchez
    44 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been running Phasma (L), Leia, GS, GSpy, SF for the past few days. It really shines when GSpy wrecks someone like Rey, Phasma gives advantage and tm, and GSpy goes right back into stealth. GS deals huge crit as well when calling GSpy or SF on assist. Lisa's there for crit up plus she can output some great DPS in her own right when RNG is at least a little on my side. I'm thinking I may replace her though.

I need to improve my mods to really check it out, but so far I'm pleased. I'm going to run health and crit dmg on GSpy (don't really need crit chance with Phasma advantage and Leia crit up.)
  • My Geonosian Spy is stuck at 4 stars and I bought mad packs with no pulls so I can't fully test. Although I see the potential when mixed with other geonosians.Not sure whether Poggle is worth synergising with him tho
  • Ok so I'm currently using a maxed out
    Ig88 GSPY GS SF RG
    Squad
    But clones and droids destroy me every time. I think clones smash me cause of B2 in their squad.

Need suggestions if any on a subsitude toon or two to help beat these squads but keeping GSPY on the squad.

As it stands I don't stand a chance. And if droids are the destroyer of GSPY team should I just scarp it all together
  • well, droids will always kick you a... with geo play.
    You simply can´t build up enough speed to get your turn before the droids due to JE.

IG88 gives spy super speed with GS and SF in your team but IG88 also dies as fast as a lvl 30 toon.
    So how to sub ig88 isn´t even the only question.

The question is, how to sub ig88 without hurting your teams speed (geospy)?
    Simple, you can´t without losing speed.

I played some pretty solid comps that were fun. But i think they weren´t that good in defense since nobody feared my teams and always picked me to fight and we all know, every team is kickable.

I played:

OB L, STH, POE, Geospy, SF
    Poggle L, SF, GS, Spy, B2
    IG88, GS, Spy, IG86, JE
    EP L, vader, RG, SF, Spy (super fun)
  • anyone try running Gspy with a JKA lead? give him +15% Offense and 10% crit Dmg?
  • Sino wrote: »
    well, droids will always kick you a... with geo play.
    You simply can´t build up enough speed to get your turn before the droids due to JE.

IG88 gives spy super speed with GS and SF in your team but IG88 also dies as fast as a lvl 30 toon.
    So how to sub ig88 isn´t even the only question.

The question is, how to sub ig88 without hurting your teams speed (geospy)?
    Simple, you can´t without losing speed.

I played some pretty solid comps that were fun. But i think they weren´t that good in defense since nobody feared my teams and always picked me to fight and we all know, every team is kickable.

I played:

OB L, STH, POE, Geospy, SF
    Poggle L, SF, GS, Spy, B2
    IG88, GS, Spy, IG86, JE
    EP L, vader, RG, SF, Spy (super fun)

How about..

88 L, spy, GS, FAC and B2?
  • ugh gspy breaks my heart...and my wallet

all the AOE and B2's fancy anti-stealth technology renders my gspy useless for arena

unless Chief Nebit donates his protection up every single time to GSpy, spy is just going to be AOE blasted into oblivion :(

i am hoping Dathcha + gspy + geo teams will have more viability in ATT raids!! TM removal on attack means gspy won't be attacked as often
  • Have you tried using a Crit Avoidance mod on him instead of a Speed mod for Arrow slot?
  • $200 for one month of a character that never worked properly. Thank You CG/EA.
  • Malthael wrote: »
    $200 for one month of a character that never worked properly. Thank You CG/EA.

Agree, very disappointed. Never buying an Aurodium again.

@CG_Kozispoon
    Not sure what the business logic is behind this decision. Wedge was at least fixed in a good way plus being exclusive a few more months IIRC

• Malthael wrote: »
    $200 for one month of a character that never worked properly. Thank You CG/EA.

I was floored when I saw this
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Pretty sure this means they're never offering an aurodium again
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    working out fine for me so far... even tho mine is still only at 5*/g7 he just destroyed Rey with a 33k crit.
  • I love Spy. I use 88 lead, with Dengar, Sun Fac, GS, and Spy. All max gear and mods. Spy gets to go so often it is almost not fair for the other team. Only Rex and Palpatine seem to stop the Genosian train. If they ever nerf Palpatine, then Spy might be meta standard.
  • Anyone found him useful in AAT raid? Thinking phase 1 where there is lot of debuffs
  • Oaraug wrote: »
    Anyone found him useful in AAT raid? Thinking phase 1 where there is lot of debuffs

Tried him on P1 and P2. Only at a 159 speed though. He gets a few of his famous shots in, but then it's over pretty quickly. Plus on P1, if B2 isn't dead or stunned, he keeps removing GSpy's stealth and it becomes irritating to have to regain and try again. I don't think he's the "Teebo" AAT Raid hero.
  • So, I was thinking he might be good with a team like this:

Boba, 88, TFP, Spy, Tank of Choice

I got him because I scored his ship in fleet data cards. He'll be 7* in a couple of days, but it seems like he would do well in a strong debuff team even without other Geos.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    So, I was thinking he might be good with a team like this:

I got him because I scored his ship in fleet data cards. He'll be 7* in a couple of days, but it seems like he would do well in a strong debuff team even without other Geos.

Looks like a fun team. You need Fac as your tank though. Spy is too slow. Fac gives him turn after turn.
  • ExitMusic wrote: »
    RyanRen wrote: »
    So, I was thinking he might be good with a team like this:

Looks like a fun team. You need Fac as your tank though. Spy is too slow. Fac gives him turn after turn.

Working on Fac for the same reason as Spy. My dark side ships are like the twelve days of Chrismas:

3 Geo Ships
    2 Tie Fighters
    and Slave 1 for Boba Fett

Thank you! Tip your waiters and waitresses. I'm here all week....