Ways to improve this game

Daishi
718 posts Member
edited December 2015
1) Fix the targeting bug NOW.

2) Ability to review battles you defended in pvp.

3) Notification when you've been attacked. Allow you to take over your own defense. As this slows down the pace of battle, remove the timer so you can't simply time out. Add a per attack 30 second timer instead. If you don't attack in 30 seconds it switches to auto attack.

4) Fix the AI issues such as AI not being effected by cool down.

5) Decide if attack effects are going to be applied on counters and bonus attacks or not. Too often Dooku or stormtroopers will counter and inflict a negative status effect on the enemy but it vanishes immediately. If they're supposed to stay, let them stay. If they arent, remove the flash of a negative symbol popping up.

6) Fix galactic war. Seriously. You already have the basic formula set up in the arena. 3 tiers of enemies based on their rank/power. How hard is it to apply that to the 3 tiers of rewards in GA battles with a simple sliding scale based on how far along they are. I shouldn't be facing enemies 10+ levels above me.

7) More and better ways to earn:
Sim tickets
Training droids
Ability mats
High end materials that you need 20 of

8) More character variety, and ability to use multiple copies of non-unique characters. Such as urrorrur and 4 generic Tusken raiders. The AI can do it. Let us do it too.
Post edited by Daishi on

Replies

• 9) Add 2 choices of equipment upgrades for each gear upgrade. Let us choose a little more customization of our heroes. Do we want them high hp, or damage, or speed, potency or tenacity. If I had a healer let me choose the equipment. Do I want to make the heals more powerful, more HP or more armor.. or do I want to focus on her tenacity so she can't be ability blocked or stunned as easily?

This means more balance checking to make sure all options are in check, but it'd be a nice update in 6 months or so. Allow us to respec and give us all gear used and credits used back for a 10 day period after the update. Then allow us to customize.

10) Make healing immunity it's own potency/tenacity check based on the casters tenacity and the healers potency. If the healer has enough potency, allow the heal to do anot attempt to heal thru the immunity. This would balance the debuff without needing nerfs. Change the name to Heal Resistant.
  • Awesome list! Great ideas man.
  • 11) Have a biography menu for each character, so you can read a bit about them, what period they lived through, influential battles they took part in etc. Even who they were an Apprentice/Padawan to or Master of. Would just be quite interesting.
  • 11) Have a biography menu for each character, so you can read a bit about them, what period they lived through, influential battles they took part in etc. Even who they were an Apprentice/Padawan to or Master of. Would just be quite interesting.

Add in a synergy buff for those characters as well. If master and padawan are in battle together, add a small buff
  • Looks like all good ideas everyone. The only one I see them having issues with is this one....

That would be tough since the computer sims your opponent's team. Between the storage needed to hold the replays, the cost and tech would be nightmarish for this budget, especially if you want a video copy of the game....
  • Buff the weaker characters and shard gains from hard missions. Right now there is only a small portion of heroes that are "good + able to get shards" that everyone is forced into.

Half of the heroes are unusable because you can't reliably get shards and/or they just suck.

Chromium packs should always give you a character if you don't already have it. Buying a pack and getting 10/80 shards on a character only available from chromium packs makes you never buy another pack.

• Niminion wrote: »
    Buff the weaker characters and shard gains from hard missions. Right now there is only a small portion of heroes that are "good + able to get shards" that everyone is forced into.

Half of the heroes are unusable because you can't reliably get shards and/or they just suck.

Chromium packs should always give you a character if you don't already have it. Buying a pack and getting 10/80 shards on a character only available from chromium packs makes you never buy another pack.

I believe if you already have the character it should give at least 40 shards from a chromium pack. This means you'll need multiple pulls but it at least feels like significant progress
  • Looks like all good ideas everyone. The only one I see them having issues with is this one....

That would be tough since the computer sims your opponent's team. Between the storage needed to hold the replays, the cost and tech would be nightmarish for this budget, especially if you want a video copy of the game....

True... even if they offered a video breakdown of 1(your latest) lost battle at a time saved, it would allow you to see it and learn how to tweak your defenses. Or maybe last 3 losses recorded in text format.

Such as
    Dooku attacks opponent Luminara with Force Lightning. -699 Dooku stuns Luminara for 1 turn (s)!
  • I don't care about video replays. I would just like notifications like " You successfully defended against BlahBlahBlah" or " You failed to defend against BlahBlahBlah and drops to rank 12" and give me the option to counter attack and take my position back.
  • I don't care about video replays. I would just like notifications like " You successfully defended against BlahBlahBlah" or " You failed to defend against BlahBlahBlah and drops to rank 12" and give me the option to counter attack and take my position back.

I like this idea! Tho a counter option for 30 min after a loss only. Or if the counter would put you more ranks ahead than a normal arena battle, it would cost 2 arena battle chances.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Daishi's suggestion about equipment customization rocks! Now that would make for a real strategy game. Not to mention fixing some of the poor gear choices that were already made. (Like having characters who *never do special damage* require gear that upgrades special damage.)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Veauxx_Caedus
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1. Arena should be revamped the tokens are fine but instead of a ladder that forces players to snipe it should be actual PVP where both players put their token in and are both controlling their characters. If it was setup similar to the way hearthstone is you could have daily and weekly or monthly rewards depending on where a player is on the ladder. Nobody gets bumped down while they're not playing but getting to the very top is only for the most elite teams. A victory streak gets you moved up even more in the rankings.

2.Galaxy war is good how it is for the most part. At level 51 I even beat a couple of level 60 teams on a war I didn't think I'd complete. That said, while leveling up I did run into a couple of battles where the enemy was 14-20 levels above me, can't be done.

3. Fix the events. Make them feel like less of more of the same and also take away the stupid 50 energy requirement. Nothing in this game has been a bigger letdown than unlocking events. If it's going to just disappoint the players fix it or get rid of it.

4. Make tanks that are actually tanks. I shouldn't choose not to use my tank characters because I know they'll die too easily. For example stormtrooper Han he taunts for two turns you know if you use your taunt he's dead. He's probably dead anyway. Buff the hell out of the tank characters so they can fulfull their role and we can maybe see a little more variety in the game.

5. Give character position in the battle meaning similar to dragon age. It adds another layer of strategy. ie up front characters have more health and characters in the back have increased attack.

• @Daishi Thanks for taking the time to think these through and write them out. I think they are great ideas.

I especially like the ideas of a log of your arena defenses and customizable equipment.

I'm excited to see what the developers have in store for us in the future.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Wow wow wow! There's a lot of nice ideas here. Let's hope the devs will consider this post. For me the best ideas so far are: 1) Notification when you're under attack in arena, when you successfully defend or when you fail to defend, who attacked you, and a counter attack move to try to recover the points you lost. 2)Equipment Customization, so you can decide wich stat you want to upgrade for your healer, tank or dps. 3)Buff tanks so they can fulfill their role, right now in a high level match if you taunt you die, if they have the taunt ability they need to have better hp or armor. 4)Add more characters for team synergies, like droids for Light side and more droids for Dark Side, More Tuskr characters (Don't know the exact name) and so on..
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    1)
    3) Notification when you've been attacked. Allow you to take over your own defense. As this slows down the pace of battle, remove the timer so you can't simply time out. Add a per attack 30 second timer instead. If you don't attack in 30 seconds it switches to auto attack.

I'm always for posts on how to improve games rather than the usual whinging that goes on...

However under your suggestions. Removing the timer under the current arena mechanism will open up the game to fight clubbing type behavior and thus exploiting. It'll be possible for the top couple of people just to fight each other before the rewards are issued and just hold off on beating each other until the reward time has past. Without the timer, they could hold off in a game for over 30 minutes if both people were willing.... Like I said under the current Arena ranking mechanism removing the timer is a really bad idea.

The whole Arena ranking system and determination of rank would need to be redone before any removal of a timer.

Personally I perfer a point system for the Arena to determine your rank, and you earn points based on your performance and the rank of your opponent. You are only allowed a maximum of say five fights a day.. no refreshes here. If points are tied then the highest rank is determined on a first come first served kinda of basis. If it just so happens that points tied happen at the same time then history of ranking comes in to play (over the past three days as an example)

The points you get like I said should be based on your performance, so if you walk out of the match with your whole team near full health you would earn a lot more points than if you walked out of the match with just one person surviving by the skin of their teeth. This should still give healers and support characters a value in this type of arena otherwise people will just go in with DPS heavy only teams.

4. Make tanks that are actually tanks. I shouldn't choose not to use my tank characters because I know they'll die too easily. For example stormtrooper Han he taunts for two turns you know if you use your taunt he's dead. He's probably dead anyway. Buff the hell out of the tank characters so they can fulfull their role and we can maybe see a little more variety in the game.

I think some tanks are actually fine, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan and the Royal Guard... They don't all use the same type of mechanism for tanking. For example Obi-Wan tanks indirectly by locking out dangerous abilities for one turn and putting a three turn offense debuff on the enemy team... However like you said Stormtrooper Han definitely needs a bit of an improvement considering his taunt is essentially a death mark! :p Plo Koon is another tank that really needs help, cause he feels a lot more like a support character than a tank
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • All excellent ideas, I would love to see a lot of these ideas incorporated into the game. I support this. Lets hope it gets recognition.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Some of the suggestions here (e.g. new ranking system, true pvp battles) - while great - require fundamental changes to the game and I doubt they will happen. Too much pain to make them happen, new problems will arise (e.g. what happens if a player gets disconnected while doing a pvp?) while offering little incremental benefits.

For me, my wish list is as follows:

1) A My Profile menu where you can see your Arena Win-Loss (broken down by vs. higher, same, lower level opponents. Gives you more bragging rights if you have a high win-loss against higher level opponents than beating down on lower level opponents), be able to tweak your team for Arena defense and see how many ally points I got from whom (currently, I have no clue how often my hero is being used by my allies). Essentially, a stats menu to view all the things that happened. I also like Havok's suggestion - notifications about attacks and their outcome, but also provide the attacker's team composition so that you know what hit you. Just a day's worth would be enough. Giving the ability to counter attack is probably not feasible because if you lost x times in a row, you will be way down in the ranking and not in a position to take back your initial ranking. Besides, other players could have attacked and taken that ranking

2) An ability tree for heros. Unless you go to SWGOHCantina, you don't know how an hero's ability progresses and what materials are required in what quantity (and even that site is a work in progress). Giving this view allows us to plan ahead and prioritise. In addition, please tweak the UI so that you can see the mat requirement of all three tiers on a page and without having to scroll down as in now

3) Same for the gears. You don't want to allocate a rare gear to a "lesser" hero, only to learn it is needed for my Arena team hero in his/her next level

4) Display the current inventory for the gears that are on sale in Shipments. I usually buy all of them, but I don't know how many I currently hold for those gears

5) Sales items in Shipments should be rare ones. The shards for sale should not only consist of heroes that can be farmed. The current price tag usually does not justify coughing up that much crystals. Same for the gears. I think Shipments should be positioned as a place where you can get things that are not normally available - albeit at a high price

6) Positioning should matter. As Veauxx suggested, give some meaning to the positioning as this would give more strategic option. I was actually thinking the heroes in the back row gaining increased defense at the expense of reduced offense (as they are not in the frontline)?

7) A far-fetched thought (i.e. unrealistic), but perhaps introduce a ranged vs. melee concept in which a melee ability cannot hit back row heroes? So for example, the normal light sabre attack of a Jedi is a melee while his/her special ability (which usually uses the Force) is a ranged ability. Heroes who use blasters are all ranged. To compensate for the limitation (especially the likes of Mace Windu whose attack is all light sabre-based), melee attacks should get some buff

8) Better ally system. I want to use and try out heroes other than Barriss and the popular heroes who tend to dominate the leader position of my allies

9) Give some boost to tanks. As mentioned, there is a reason why tanks other than Barriss don't exist in top teams. They are not durable enough to soak in damage and offer minimal offense

10) Guaranteed one 4-star drop for the 8x Chromium pack. If most of the soft launch players are suggesting don't bother with the Chromium pack unless you have deep pockets (which I am faithfully following their advice rather than try it out and re-confirm my bad luck), then it's bad business for CG and EA. 2,520 crystals is a lot (worth roughly £15!) and you won't get repeat Chromium pack purchases if your first purchase ends up with few shards here and there. Even if it means you get a 4-star hero that you already own, at least you get some significant amount of shards to level up that hero

Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • If I missed this in suggestions in this post please don't flame me

18. (?) DUELS ( non reward of course ) A LOT of us would like to battle friends, test teams, mechanics, %'s, play out synergies, etc These DUELS are non-ranked , NON- REWARD , battles that you can select from your ally list. both players can control their own team. While the AI does make some good decisions ( at time ) the test of a team comes when two players control what they built.

Please consider this suggstion

Thank you :smile:
  • Hm, I wish they improve the friend mechanic. Possibly giving us the choice of sending energy-boosting gifts, given that the recovery is so slow... maybe some other tools, other than having an ally in battle would be nice too!
  • Allow us to have ships (millennium falcon or Slave 1) that grants bonuses to your entire team or a type of team like scoundrel, empire, etc... Then we can earn items in the game that will upgrade our ships to enhance the bonuses.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Xyxus wrote: »
    Allow us to have ships (millennium falcon or Slave 1) that grants bonuses to your entire team or a type of team like scoundrel, empire, etc... Then we can earn items in the game that will upgrade our ships to enhance the bonuses.
    It's thought that ships are indeed coming. This is implied by certain characters, like Biggs who has "built in ship synergies" in his description.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    1) PvP against real player not AI
    2) Raid Events - I want to blow up the deathstar or kill an OP Emperor with all his abilities
    3) Space battles
    4) Longer questing and leveling before pay to play kicks in
    5) free for all last man standing events

I'll stop here but there is tons of cool stuff that can be done