Bang! Bang! She shot me down! Captain Phasma and her crazy assist proc rating.

Prev13
Welcome back to the long awaited 'putting an end to superstition' thread. I'll be your host, cosmicturtle333.

This is where we left off last time:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5817/sidious-and-his-crazy-dodge-rating/p1

But now it's time for round two, ding ding!

I finally faced an appropriate Phasma lead team in Galactic War.

8w6ymBAh.jpg

I battled her multiple times using a different leader and squad arrangement so as to not repeat battles and here's what I got.

Out of 261 actions by the enemy a bonus attack was triggered 43 times.

That's a grand total of 16.48%

Her ability at level 5 is 16%

There is nothing wrong with her. She is not broken or OP.

Arena is not rigged, AI does not cheat.

Please, let's put an end to these ridiculous claims and create productive threads which actually contribute something to the game.

If you have any superstitions about an ability or statistic that isn't following the description then test your theory before you spread all over the forums like locusts.

Peace.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• Great assessment over a long period, appreciate the effort
  • I hate how people complain about this stuff, instead of complaining about glitches like auto target switch, squad arena teams changing, etc. If people actually focused on complaining on the glitches something might be done, instead of whining about how stuff is op and should be nerfed, how the ai cheats.
  • Its also 32% if its a first order character. I use this team.

5*Phasma, 3*FOTP, 4*FOST, 4*CT5555, 4*DoKu.

All lvl 62 with purple gear. The amount of attacks and counter attacks i put down is crazy. I also switch in 7*asajj or 6* luke for the low health FOTP.
  • Sirjam wrote: »
    Its also 32% if its a first order character. I use this team.

5*Phasma, 3*FOTP, 4*FOST, 4*CT5555, 4*DoKu.

All lvl 62 with purple gear. The amount of attacks and counter attacks i put down is crazy. I also switch in 7*asajj or 6* luke for the low health FOTP.

More like 90% assist rate!
    Phasma is so OP!
    This game is broken!
    I'm getting a refund!!!

Nah, that team is really good. If I had to start again I would only farm Resistance and First Order and make my squad out of that.
  • Well said, I wish we could prove the same for Poe.
  • Well said, I wish we could prove the same for Poe.

Prove what? As far as I know he doesn't have a statistic that isn't working properly, he's just strong. That isn't a fault or suspected fault, it's designed to be that way.

Unless I'm interpreting what you said wrong, idk.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well said, I wish we could prove the same for Poe.

Poe problem isn't his RNG. It's that he's very fast and tanky with a taunt. The expose debuff is just icing.
    He also sucks hard in Galactic War.
    That said I've fought countless phasmas in arena and i've used phasma extensively. I don't see anything wrong with her assists. They're relatively far in between. I also rarely use her in galactic war, as i prefer a more bursty single target team to take out 1 enemy in round one (usually enemy sidious, because heal debuff is a ****) and i need 4 dps for it (+ daka, i will never ever swap daka out of my GW team).
  • Yarzahn wrote: »
    Well said, I wish we could prove the same for Poe.

Poe problem isn't his RNG. It's that he's very fast and tanky with a taunt. The expose debuff is just icing.
    He also sucks hard in Galactic War.

Yeah, but we can't prove he is OP or disprove he is OP is what I'm trying to say.
  • Phasma can be 18% now :smile:
    Woooooo 2%
  • Cosmicturtle333 we need more people like you actually finding evidence for yourself and presenting facts. I give you 10 gold stars lol
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Phasma can be 18% now :smile:
    Woooooo 2%

At level 62 yeah.
    Cosmicturtle333 we need more people like you actually finding evidence for yourself and presenting facts. I give you 10 gold stars lol

What's the exchange rate to crystals? ;)
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What? The Phasma I battled was level 62, so if the player who I'm battling has leveled up her ability then it should be a higher percentage.

So Phasma may be underperforming and therefore need a buff lol.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
  • Lmao I haven't worked out all the details yet but I will get back to you I'm thinking a gold star should be worth at least 100 crystals
  • Great work! Nice to finally read something useful in the last week...instead of botching about GW, people needing to be nerfed, and players not spending a single penny more...lol

Thanks!
  • Can I ask a noob question? How did you face the person multiple times? Is there some kind of restart I'm not aware of?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for providing more data to counter the FUD that is posted about proc rates all the time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for providing more data to counter the FUD that is posted about proc rates all the time.

Thanks for teaching me a new acronym.
  • Can I ask a noob question? How did you face the person multiple times? Is there some kind of restart I'm not aware of?

Gear icon in the top left corner. In galactic war it will reset your battle to the same stats you had before the battle (health, cooldowns etc). In every other battle it will quit the battle. You will still lose the energy or try (5 arena battles for example).
  • I wasn't aware it did that in GW. Thanks!
  • Great work. Thanks. We do need more myth busting like this.
  • Cool beans for you.

My experience says some proc rates are boosted for the AI (Daka 10% revive chance being the big one) and you running two tests on two characters isn't going to magically change what my eyes see.

I'd go and do a test like you did but quite honestly, I do not care enough to spend my time on something like that. I have better things to do in my life.
  • shimmy wrote: »
    Cool beans for you.

My experience says some proc rates are boosted for the AI (Daka 10% revive chance being the big one) and you running two tests on two characters isn't going to magically change what my eyes see.

I'd go and do a test like you did but quite honestly, I do not care enough to spend my time on something like that. I have better things to do in my life.

I think Qeltar's post on the psychology of math and proc rates details this. There are all kinds of freaky procs that can happen, and there is a huge quantity of repetitions(all those gw battles and re-battles)
    The 99% of times where nothing freaky happens you dont remember. I bet you dont consciously focus and record every time daka does a heal as to whether she revives

What you do notice is when daka freaks 3 revives in that GW battle once every few days. Or when Boba self revives 4 times. Etc
  • Wow fantastic evaluation. Thanks for putting the time into a fair assessment. As a phasma lover myself, I've witnessed my own phasma have really bad proc rates, and just yesterday during an arena match, I actually felt bad for the other team because it felt like we procced every single hit lol.

It's RNG people
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Welcome back to the long awaited 'putting an end to superstition' thread. I'll be your host, cosmicturtle333.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5817/sidious-and-his-crazy-dodge-rating/p1

8w6ymBAh.jpg

I battled her multiple times using a different leader and squad arrangement so as to not repeat battles and here's what I got.

Please, let's put an end to these ridiculous claims and create productive threads which actually contribute something to the game.

If you have any superstitions about an ability or statistic that isn't following the description then test your theory before you spread all over the forums like locusts.

Peace.

Thank you for being reasonable and getting actual data. You set a good example that I hope others will follow.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Nice post. I've never seen these crazy proc rates that people had claimed. There have been some arena matches where I haven't see her proc at all on both offense and with the AI on defense. I've always found it quite balanced. It's actually a struggle to determine what generates better DPS numbers: Sid or Phasma.
  • Welcome back to the long awaited 'putting an end to superstition' thread. I'll be your host, cosmicturtle333.

8w6ymBAh.jpg

Peace.

first of most of the people says ARENA ai has adv.

for why? for people spend more on refill tokens and most important for big spenders ego.

gw is not such a big challange.you can finish or not. 1 or 0. it s like a lake but arena is like a ocean.there are so many options. and the main reason for whales ;)

dont take this offensive but why r u defending game so much? it s even a beta
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    shimmy wrote: »
    Cool beans for you.

Based on my experience, all bees bite. I vividly remember those that bited me, while I have no memory from the thousands in the same hives that didn't.

There's nothing rare in your position. It's a well known psychilogical feature. A dude won a a Nobel Prize about it. The thing is, it's not true, just inability of human brain to properly process and understand randomness
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Some people are absolutely immune to convincing of certain things that they've decided is true. No amount of data, logic or arguments will matter. At some point there's no value in even trying.
    Just look at all the conspiracy theories that spread around the Internet. Anything you throw at them is either ignored or twisted around to support the theory.
    The human mind is fascinating.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • you know, i can be against team with phasma as leader, and when someone call assist, just retreat and make it call assist again and again and again. i meet a double-hit, i just doing the scene again.
    that way, since when i started count, i can do 1000 retreats and make it 1000 times out of 1000.
    will it mean that for all players phasma doing 100% (and for 1000 times, surely no coincidence).
    Obviously no, its just me showing a false image to prove a statement, just like you did.
    i doubt that you really checked all those, and got so low percent. especially since the general percent is 19.2 for 1 FO (only phasma), 22.4 for 2 FO,25 for 3 FO..., or wihtout retreats involved, and without I DUNNO, MISSING SOMETHING, that will make your argument valid.
    your little test is wrong or a complete LIE.

its too low to be true, and your results shows a problem of not hitting enought...
    The fact that after retreats the AI doing exactly the same is a problem you should also check if you have so much free time for your little lies and tests. :)

and just to be clear, i kind of feel myself that 1 of 5 is double-hit, for me and for the AI against me, and i think there's no better chance for AI or something, and its the same for players and AI.
    so i not saying that your argument is invalid, i just saying that something stinks in the way you checked it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Nice test. I'm not a big numbers guy so I would never do this myself but I like reading about it from others that do.

One question, I know this is average from multiple battles, but did you see any battles where you jut "Woah, this is broken" and the RNG just worked against you. I just had one (and I know it's a fluke) in the arena where it seemed every other attack had an assist.