Is modding JE with tenacity mods to prevent the coming Han Solo stunpocalypse a good idea?

Seems legitimate to me.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Worth a try don't expect better than 50-50 chance.

JE base tenacity is 23%
    With all tenacity mods and tenacity cross primary you could get tenacity to add +54% tenacity.
    That would take him to 77% tenacity which sounds great..... Except 62% potency on Han will take you down to the min of 15% chance to resist you probably were at in the first place.

Simply adding +24% potency to Han solo via cross primary will give Han 36% potency giving JE at 77% tenacity a 41% chance to resist. Better odds but still not great. I have seen my 89% tenacity Rex get stun by Han Solo many times.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Meh. Why use Han to stun 1, when you can use Palp and stun them ALL? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No. It's a bad idea.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

lol
    I'm theory crafting a droid/palp team. Not sure who I'd pull out though. Maybe B2.
  • Oooohwee. I hit a low speed JE today. That team didn't last long at all.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    JE might not be in the meta, at least not my shard.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I am convinced JE Droids don't work without B2. JE droids can beat a lot of teams on offense, but no more than any other squad. And they are total fail in way too many matchups. They are now a p2p/unobtanium team. Thx to armor fix.

At less than max gear, they can punch a bit higher than their weight class. At max gear they lose steam. Like Sidious and JC. They are not viable endgame without B2. They can't defend against any of the common metas. Forget han Solo. All meta teams beat JE droids.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Because there is no possible way for Palp to go before JE
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You need insanely
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I am convinced JE Droids don't work without B2. JE droids can beat a lot of teams on offense, but no more than any other squad. And they are total fail in way too many matchups. They are now a p2p/unobtanium team. Thx to armor fix.

At less than max gear, they can punch a bit higher than their weight class. At max gear they lose steam. Like Sidious and JC. They are not viable endgame without B2. They can't defend against any of the common metas. Forget han Solo. All meta teams beat JE droids.

Not quite. Glass cannons of any kind can't hide behind tanks. Droids wreck me all the time. But I can shread the higher health teams that beat droids.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    You need insanely

Not quite. Glass cannons of any kind can't hide behind tanks. Droids wreck me all the time. But I can shread the higher health teams that beat droids.

I have never lost to JE droid team without B2 since armor fix. Using hk, 86, ....

....RG, ST han, and qgj.

I lose 86 before I get a turn and still beat the best JE droid squads on my server. I can hardly imagine how easy I would crush them if I had a meta team.

I have abandoned my droid sqaud. Yeah I get targeted more. But at least I can win most matches on offense. I got 88, magna, je, nebit, and it don't matter. Too any hard counters to a vanilla (no B2) droid squad. Endgame, ur droids are trash without B2. I can't imagine how u can lose to a vanilla droid squad since armor patch.

Only way, short term, I bring the band back together is if speedy palpatine takes over my shard.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Agree with the tenacity naysayers

My JE has 65.09 tenacity
    -tenacity mod speed arrow with 1 set
    -potency tenacity mod
    -several secondaries

getting Han base 12 percent to 50 percent isn't difficult. Eventually I will get more tenacity mods on JE but I sont see a 15 percent chance much different than 25 percent. On defense the opponents Han rarely hits my JE.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    You need insanely

I have never lost to JE droid team without B2 since armor fix. Using hk, 86, ....

....RG, ST han, and qgj.

I lose 86 before I get a turn and still beat the best JE droid squads on my server. I can hardly imagine how easy I would crush them if I had a meta team.

I have abandoned my droid sqaud. Yeah I get targeted more. But at least I can win most matches on offense. I got magna, je, nebit, and it don't matter too any hard counters to a vanilla (no B2) droid squad. Endgame, ur droids are trash without B2.

There are a couple of true droid nightmares on my server. I have gear 10 Rey and GS with good mods, and neither has the slightest chance of surviving to get a first attack in. My gear 11 QGJ barely makes it. But the Anakin/Fives/RG teams that beat them I never lose to. Chief Nebit is close to B2 in my estimation for droids in arena. Oops. We're way off topic.

Don't stress over Han. No stunpocalyps is coming. And tenacity mods are not great.
  • merioonvalhoun! You're in my arena ladder! We're always dancing around each other. I used to attack your squad but the last time I did that it wasn't pretty. Well, except for when you put the Emperor in, I had to give that a go. Are you the reason I keep dropping in rank? Are you picking on me?
    Good to see you! :)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Offtopic:
    I have gear 10 Rey and GS with good mods, and neither has the slightest chance of surviving to get a first attack in.
    You crazy. You running any tanks?

Seriously, I make 1st or 2nd place any day I have time to do arena. I fight all the droid teams. With any fifth but B2: Nebit, Jawa, RG, QGJ, Magna. They have a very slight chance to defend, I suppose. They haven't yet. And I don't even have a meta team. (well, I got a nearly maxed meta JE droid team, but I admit for 5th man choices, my Nebit is only G9; Max HK, Max 86, 88 minus one syringe, JE minus one cuff, RG max, Magna G10). I use dual tanks. Once Han taunts, it is over. It doesn't matter if I even have dps toons still alive.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    What is this stunpocalypse we're talking about?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
    Offtopic:
    I have gear 10 Rey and GS with good mods, and neither has the slightest chance of surviving to get a first attack in.
    You crazy. You running any tanks?

Seriously, I make 1st or 2nd place any day I have time to do arena. I fight all the droid teams. With any fifth but B2: Nebit, Jawa, RG, QGJ, Magna. They have a very slight chance to defend, I suppose. They haven't yet. And I don't even have a meta team. (well, I got a nearly maxed meta JE droid team, but I admit for 5th man choices, my Nebit is only G9).

Yes I run 2 taunt tanks including a gear 11 ST Han (70k health/protection with mods). He's usually all by himself by the time he can taunt. AoEs kind of negate taunt tanks anyhow.
  • What is this stunpocalypse we're talking about?
    Somebody is stressed about Han's first turn stun. Not a big deal. We'll be fine.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    AoEs kind of negate taunt tanks anyhow.
    B2 and Fac negate taunting tanks. My maxed Han laughs at (sorry no B2?) droids. Even if he doesn't get his taunt until his second turn, RG keeps one dps alive. That's all it takes. Han taunts, and it is good night Irene. RG stuns. And whatever stick I have left to poke them with will do the trick.

You might not be paying too much attention since after the armor update. Maybe you are still avoiding droids. There's no reason to. They fold like a house of cards. It takes crazy RNG for them to actually defend.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Somebody is stressed about Han's first turn stun. Not a big deal. We'll be fine.

It's almost heresy to say, but Han could miss if you had enough Tenacity.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

In all fairness, he could. But the math has been done to death that tenacity has to be really high to make much difference. If you had 6 maxed tenacity mods and tenacity primary on a 5 dot plus shaped mod you are giving up a lot of other bonuses to get only a better chance at a resist. And a tiny potency bump for Han and you're back down to the 15% base resist rate you'd get with 0% tenacity anyhow.

I think there are better bonuses to be had, and better ways to deal with Han than loading everyone to the teeth with tenacity mods. And I doubt that there will be a "stunpocalyps" anyhow.
    B2 and Fac negate taunting tanks. My maxed Han laughs at (sorry no B2?) droids. Even if he doesn't get his taunt until his second turn, RG keeps one dps alive. That's all it takes. Han taunts, and it is good night Irene. RG stuns. And whatever stick I have left to poke them with will do the trick.

You might not be paying too much attention since after the armor update. Maybe you are still avoiding droids. There's no reason to. They fold like a house of cards. It takes crazy RNG for them to actually defend.

The droid AoEs are killing toons through taunts is my point. Droids+JE are getting 6-8 attacks in before most non-droid teams even move. If a glass cannon is in the yellow (enough to set off RG) another AoE can kill them. Taunt doesn't matter. I have tried since the armor update. GS and Rey rarely if ever survive the opening volley.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member

Han could miss (15 percent) if you don't spend a single mod upgrade on tenacity.

You could add 50 tenacity but your opponent probably has already upped their Han potency. You may as well spend that mods space on protection or potency.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »

Han could miss (15 percent) if you don't spend a single mod upgrade on tenacity.

You could add 50 tenacity but your opponent probably has already upped their Han potency. You may as well spend that mods space on protection or potency.

Yes.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016

The droid AoEs are killing toons through taunts is my point. Droids+JE are getting 6-8 attacks in before most non-droid teams even move. If a glass cannon is in the yellow (enough to set off RG) another AoE can kill them. Taunt doesn't matter. I have tried since the armor update. GS and Rey rarely if ever survive the opening volley.

Never stopped me before but I see ur point. Maybe ur teams have more offense up stacked in additional to the max crit damage mods u can get?

Anyhow I just faced the first JE droid team that has defended against my awful squad. Fifth? Rey. My whale put rey on his squad. Is good. Droids have hope beyond waiting for B2. I maybfollow suit. And hey at least I will be a step closer to getting a good team if it doesn't pan out.
  • Droids this, droids that, someone says they're easy to beat, someone discusses B2 and dispells, etc.

Until you throw IG-100 into the team. Then suddenly people can't figure out why they're having such a hard time with droids. A tank without a taunt? Why bother?

Because a maxed ig100 can remove 60% turn meter from characters before they can even take a turn. Yeah, omega his AOE and put him under HK's lead. Suddenly JE is making droids go first, second, and a third time in the case of 100. All you need to do is mod him with speed. He's amazing and virtually indestructible. He can solo fives and survive three hits from Rey. Oh and speaking of, he counters for EVERY ATTACK. And when, not if he crits under HK, he takes another turn, aoe's for two more crits, and takes another turn.

I ran HK, 88, 86, JE, and RG for a long time. Then I swapped in a modded poggle with speed to go before JE. Then it was HK, JE, Nebiet, 88, 86. Bit so far nothing compares to the destructive capability and clutch TM reduction of Ig100. Nothing.

BUT B2!! you may say. Except their StHan can't taunt when he's ability blocked and has no TM. And their RG can't protect someone who's died because of IG100,s AOE mopup. Why shell out cash for a dispell droid when you can have an insane 10k crits dealing speed beast?

Farm your 100. Give him the multiple stun cuffs he so richly deserves. You won't be sorry!
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Never stopped me before but I see ur point. Maybe ur teams have more offense up stacked in additional to the max crit damage mods u can get?

Anyhow I just faced the first JE droid team that has defended against my awful squad. Fifth? Rey. My whale put rey on his squad. Is good. Droids have hope beyond waiting for B2. I maybfollow suit. And hey at least I will be a step closer to getting a good team if it doesn't pan out.

I must agree with OP. Droid can wipe out most teams on first turn. When the first attack consist of 25k, 15k 9k, repeat. Your done not much you can do if your best character is gone. My St Han has 30k protection and RG 51k protection. By the time it's my turn my tanks my 0 protection and I have lost at least one character.