Savage Opress?

azza1695
19 posts Member
edited November 2015
Thoughts on this guy? Decent tanky qualities with his ability to increase defence if attacked. Deals okay damage, and can add crits with second attack. What do you guys think?
Post edited by azza1695 on

Replies

• Get him. Very big tank character and good special strike.
  • Second that, I can use him to complete a GW run with scarcely a scratch on him
  • Only thing I dislike is he's labeled attacker, but he's a sith tank, so can't use him in tank only challenges.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    Only thing I dislike is he's labeled attacker, but he's a sith tank, so can't use him in tank only challenges.

Was just looking at this myself. Chewy is my only tank above 1 star and could use a suggestion on who to get.
  • Savage is a tanked up attacker. I usually slot him in later in Galactic War. Say once Chewbacca has been cut to ribbons. He has a strong special strike. He's usful in soaking up damage when you go up against teams who use a lot of AoE.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Time wrote: »
    Only thing I dislike is he's labeled attacker, but he's a sith tank, so can't use him in tank only challenges.

Was just looking at this myself. Chewy is my only tank above 1 star and could use a suggestion on who to get.

Time, Get CT-5555 "Fives" for another good tank (who I also use on my light team). You can get shards in Cantina shipments or farm shards in hard battles: 2-D dark and 4-F light. Don't know if there's Human or Clone only Challenges later on but those are the other 2 categories.

I use Darth Oppress on Dark and PVP teams and find him to be great, especially if you time the Overpower special to kill and get the Critical Up then next attack use Staggering Blow and score Offense Down for 2 turns on a Critical Hit. Once you get Unique power Brute, it gets even better, Defense up 1 turn every time he takes damage, extends the longevity even more.

I don't know why there's so many haters for Savage Oppress on the boards?
    I think they're either not appreciating his durability (relying too much on multiple healers) or don't have the right team to leverage the synergy. Most gripes revolve around a lack of AoE and that he's not farmable and you can only get shards from Squad Arena shipments.

He was the only survivor today when as a then Lvl 38, I went head to head against a Lvl 39 PVP team almost 1.5K higher power than me to jump 9 spots into the 10th rank to beat the buzzer. I was the only Lvl 38 in the top 20 on my server and considerably lower in power and I attribute it to the anchoring by Savage Oppress.
    I use him as leader in my Sith heavy PVP team since I also run Dooku and Maul and the 30+ Sith Defense at Level 3 ability tanks up the other two a bit. I'm 47/80 shards towards Vader who I think will flesh out my team nicely, just need a better healer like Daka to go with them so I can ditch my lame Jedi Consular and maybe drop Talia who I think might not keep up in the higher levels.

My Oppress is currently:
    4*
    Level: 39
    Level IV Gear, + 4/6 slots filled towards Level 5
    Stagger Blow: Level 2
    Overpower: Level 1 (this is my next planned ability upgr)
    Pain Is Wakness (Leader): Level 3
    Brute (Unique): Level 1 (2nd planned upgr)

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Yeah my friend who recommend this game to me also said to get 5s. I have daka who i like but her heal is weak, but the stun on her attack is what makes her useful. Talias heal is stronger which i use first then dakas. Imo old daka might have the best normal attack in the game.
  • Time wrote: »

My tanks are Chewie, Han, Windu, Jedi Guardian, and Royal Guard. Do have Teeebo and 1st Order Stormtrooper but haven't upgraded them yet. Don't have my spreadsheet handy to name the other tanks; Mob Enforcer looks intriguing but don't have that one yet.
    Chewie and Han best right now that I have tank wise, relatively easy to upgrade *s. Windu seems viable but have other upgrade priorities right now; use him in light side, tank challenge, & galactic war teams, not so much in pvp arena yet.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Darth Vader is also a good tank for a deadly sith team combo
    Savage oppress, Count Dooku, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul... fast and deadly
  • I recommend oppress, I skipped over Sidious for a little while to mix things up. I recommend oppress to anybody since he basically a tanky brute.