Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I always seem to get dragged in discussions.
    @dan_lynch_01
    Tuco is a guildmate:
    rgKbMAl.png
    translation me some poor guy got this
    hahaha tuco youre making some kid cry
    haha. my gs is 1* dont defame me
    edit yep 1* gs https://swgoh.gg/u/tuco/collection/geonosian-soldier/
    see
    qRH6vDv.jpg
    m2jc7Tx.jpg
    BpIX2IP.jpg

teams are picked and chosen for the node, increasing stars or gears. thats why ive seen jedi consular leads or teams that noone would place in arena
    ive never seen anyone run a teebo lead unless its a full ewok squad.
    this has been reported on reddit also.

• I honestly don't know how this thread is still going. They just gave you the ability to get millions of credits at a time, if that doesn't allow you to get enough additional characters/mods built-up to beat GW soon, then you've failed at this game.
  • So....why have I faced the EXACT SAME team 10 days on a row on final GW node? The EXACT same team... it gets redundant. Same owner same lineup...it is so boring. It is an almost impossible fight depending on RNG in previous phases and that one and yes should be most difficult but could I get so darn variation?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Y7DBDI5.png
    Ok I've finally crossed the threshold to the super easy node 12.
    I could do galactic war pretty much every day before this with only really the super-mod node 12 teams having any real difficulty but the most recent few have been FAR easier than before, even on nodes 1-11

And I haven't really done anything to my highest power characters
  • How did you got 1,770 GW coins? They always come in 100s or 200s how is that even possible?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The0n3 wrote: »
    How did you got 1,770 GW coins? They always come in 100s or 200s how is that even possible?

Way back the galactic war shipments could be refreshed with 10 GW credits.
    Then they changed it to crystals
  • Ohh i see! Cool! Thx for the info.
  • Can someone please tell me how to beat this team?

Teebo lead
    Rey (Gear 10)
    RG
    GS
    Chewie
    IMG_1210.png

IMG_1209.png

This is my node 11... If they wipe out any of my teams then I'm likely screwed.

How extensive is your entire roster? Like how many toons do you have at your disposal in a position that they can actually help you in GW? I know it's a pain to keep hearing from those who don't struggle to just deepen and develop your roster but I've found after weeks of being stomped by these types of teams that having several squads is the only way that I can win. (I have 5, all at lvl 80, 7*, slightly modded most not even maxed, g8-11). Personally I would use the first 5 nodes and circulate all my usable toons to build up turn meter so when I need them later on they will more than likely go first (which is super important if you haven't gotten to that point where you have one solid team capable of taking you right the way through to the end). Then when I make it to node 11 and get faced with a team like this with a RG who's insanely modded and has health that goes on for days, I would throw in my droids who are my weakest toons (least developed would probably be more fitting 'cause even at G8 and a couple of level 1 mods spread around them they still hit far harder than most) because my attention has been drawn elsewhere (HK(L) 88, 86, Poggle & GS), they make a great suicide squad when I end up in these kinds of situations (and I know people advise against using suicide squads now but it works for me). HK's ability means he and 88 after using their AOE will most definitely get to attack immediately again and throwing some ability blocks around doesn't harm either. After killing RG I'd shift focus to Rey then GS and just keep going hitting as hard and as much as possible till I lose with that team, then I'd shift in my main and favourite squad to use in GW consisting of Teebo(L), QGJ, Rey, Phasma & my own RG for some stun shenanigans especially if Rey is still standing to stop Chewie from taunting whilst I take her out. Once her and RG are out of the picture that team becomes an absolute cake walk to deal with for any combination of decently developed toons to step in and take it down.
    That being said what level are you? And judging on the amount of health your own toons have they aren't modded? That's something you need to rectify. If they are modded then what gear level are they 'cause those health bars are tiny? My advice is only gonna be useful if you're level 80 or at least close to level 80, Hk's leader ability needs to be omega'd for what I said to be to have the highest chances of success. Unfortunately if you aren't then based on the current tuning of GW you're just gonna have to take the loss, gather up what credits you can get from nodes 1 - 10 and pump them back into your roster for levels (if they need them), farm mods (take a break from shard farming if that's what you're doing currently because having shards is gonna be useless if you can't afford to promote, level up and mod those toons) yes the drop rates sucks and yes you're gonna end up with 3/4 dot mods when you really wanted the 5 but that doesn't matter right now any mod ranked C or higher at level 1 will be beneficial for you for the time being. You can replace with better mods at a later date when you get them. It's gonna take a while but... (and I'm about to vomit at the cliche) ...you will get there eventually and you'll reach a point where you'll scoff at this team set up.
    Apologies for rambling on but it's hard to advise someone when you don't know all of the variables that they're dealing with and this is just based on what I did to reach the point I'm at now.

I have a deep roster, I'm lvl 80 and most of my top toons are Moded. This is not the team lineup I usually use in GW, but I recently got Teebo to gear 8 lvl 78. Thought I'd try him out as lead.

In the end I sacrificed Ewok+Chewie team and Geo/Droid with 88 lead. Then Jedi with Lumi lead finished em off (losing QGJ).

And now this is Node 12...
    IMG_1211.png
  • I forgot, I also threw in my Empire team.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    What is up with the GW's and Dodge/deflect? I swear I have rounds where they evade 5-6 attacks in a row. Today in Round 1 I was evaded 5 times in a row by level 58 characters when I'm level 80 with level 8/9 gear on all toons.

In my round 11 fight the opponent evaded my first 6 attacks. I restart the round and attack different characters and get the same results no matter who I try and attack... evade evade evade. I understand the Lumeria/Dokku leader abilities, but I've run Lumeria as lead and am lucky if I get 6 dodges over 12 rounds. There is a serious rng issue with the GW opponents vs players.

When you get evaded on the first hits, it doesn't matter in who you aim, they'll always evade. The trick is to replace your toons positions or even replace a toon with another. That will change the sequence for itself, trust me.

Winner winner chicken dinner... thank you. Just swapping their position at the team selection screen fixes the dodges...

Completely F@#$d... Shouldn't each attack be RNG? The fact that this works means that the attacks are predetermined and that there isn't any RNG... ****?
  • Get good. Or get a better team.

How much money have you spent on this game? I'm pretty sure I know how you gut gud.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Today my node 12 team was a misfit bunch of toons all level 78-80, 3*, no mods - total power 8,781.

Is this a joke? - I am happy to have decimated this team and finally win a GW (something I have not done in weeks) but still this is broken.

Yesterday's GW was insanely difficult and today was way too easy. I dread what I will see tomorrow.

GW is broken - please, please fix.
  • I think the easy node 12 (and 11 for some of us) is another sign that the level cap is going to 90 'soon'. Basically, GW is programme for us to get these level 90 teams on N11&12 but, because the cap isn't increased yet, we're getting the easy ones because our teams are too strong at the moment.

That's my 2 cents anyway, could be wrong obviously. If I'm right though, means WAI...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    ever since the tuning CG_Kozispoon confirmed it was not a bug the 3* node 12, 11 and for some 10.
  • Avail
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    NVM. I'm out and no longer care.
  • kzpGer.png

i hate you fooj. I HATE YOU.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ouch.

But most days it doesn't matter what toons you face on node 12. It could be ugnaught, Lobot, Ewok Scout, Mob Enforcer & Nightsister Initiate and you still may not be able to make a dent, lol

I count my lucky stars for my lame node 12 team today, but tomorrow - who knows.
  • What was your arena power when you crossed the threshold?
    Djbz wrote: »
    Y7DBDI5.png
    Ok I've finally crossed the threshold to the super easy node 12.
    I could do galactic war pretty much every day before this with only really the super-mod node 12 teams having any real difficulty but the most recent few have been FAR easier than before, even on nodes 1-11

And I haven't really done anything to my highest power characters

• By far u have ruined the best part of the game. I played level 80 team's in 6 of the 9 nodes I was able to finish. Sorry I don't pay for this game as much as others but this is ridiculous. Not to mention I am glad I worked hard to get my teams to 80 so some noob can beat me with a 70 level and some mods. Way to reward hard work. I wish I could be horrible at my job and not listen to my customers feedback. Sounds like a winning formula. Was to go EA
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I have to be honest with you, I've been fairly upset with the difficulty of GW over the past 2 months or whatever. I had completed it 58 times in a row and now just four times since the change. My node 12 was insane until it suddenly went green 3* for me. Then my node 11 was nearly impossible. Now I'm finding that node 6 is just as hard as anything node 11 or 12 throw at me. 2 days ago node 6 stopped my entire roster. It was a 40,000 score team with Emperor, Vader, RG, Sun Fac and a ridiculously powerful Dooku. All modded out. Then last night I was destroyed on node 9.

But I don't even care. Why? Two reasons. a) I have farmed everything in GW so I'm not stressing about the GW coins. I'm happy to let it bank up for the next must have character they release there (I'm hoping Rex). And more importantly, b) I don't feel like a starving man that's trying to win some bread. The new Credit Heist IMMEDIATELY released any anxiety this game's credit crunch had created by adding a much needed and predictable stream of revenue. I could use one of those every day for a month, but I'll take this new format on a weekly basis and be very grateful indeed.

Part of why we play this is character collection, which is made difficult when we can't level them up to make them usable. That's probably the most important aspect to longterm playability, as it allows a player to adjust lineups with new content and the increased variety keeps the fun factor going indefinitely. I have a ton of characters that are 7* but in the level 60 range because I was forced to drop them and build something else either for an event or to improve my Raid team. Now with jawas coming out I've been feverishly devoting everything to that. Then Rebel events come along and I have to drop jawas. It would be nice to keep it all moving forward to so I can enjoy an event instead of reacting to it as part of a last minute panic because I'm 30 Lando shards away from trying for the Emperor (I got him). Otherwise I feel like I'm building a team for 2 months ago instead of building a ROSTER to enjoy everything.

To the devs (especially Capgasp the Event Designer), thanks for realizing we needed a regular flow of events to resolve bottlenecking and add much needed variety. Give us a reason to play and we'll play it forever!
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • So satisfying to get to the last GW fight with all of your characters only to find a team there that you can not beat. Because we all play games to be frustrated and **** off right?
  • That last node is impossible! By the time I get a turn my whole team is dead. It's beyond goddamn frustrating. It's goddamn not fair. I have everyone lvl 80 gear lvl 9 abilities maxed. How tf they get mopped up like it's nothing?!?
    For a person who has spent hundreds on this game in my time playing, I'm about ready to say fxck you EA! Making shxt that can't be beat.

Don't get me wrong. 1 out of every 3 or 4 tries I get a beatable node, but when they throw that impossible node in there where they kill you before you even get a turn.... It's fxcking cheap!
  • Gw is not hard...it's the fact all your abilities are turned off. Your damaged is reduced all your special abilities never work when it comes to the last node. I suggest that all of us do not spend a single dollar until this is resolved. Personally, I'll never spend money on this game because of the cheating A.I. Tactics. Very bush league move their pulling on us.
  • One tip with GW... If you are having issues clearing the final node, use the very early nodes to set your other groups. Remember, turn meter stays where it is at between battles so if you find yourself getting mopped up before you get to go, give your characters a head start so they can go toe to toe in the final battle
  • It seems like there is no consistent experience for those playing GW, and it feels as if the battles have shifted recently to being ridiculously harder again. While I certainly didn't complete all 12 nodes each time I played, I would usually be able to complete GW three to four times per week. For much of August I have not been able to complete a single GW. The twelfth node is almost consistently five 7* characters at max level with max gear and, I assume, great mods. In three to four rounds of me using my 7*, level 70-75, level 8 gear with low-level mod characters, often I can't remove the armor of a single member of the opponent's team. My entire squad is often decimated before I even get a turn. There is an important difference between something being challenging and something being impossible. I have completed 135 GWs since I started playing in January, so just over a 50% success rate, but that number is starting to plummet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Ouch.

But most days it doesn't matter what toons you face on node 12. It could be ugnaught, Lobot, Ewok Scout, Mob Enforcer & Nightsister Initiate and you still may not be able to make a dent, lol

I count my lucky stars for my lame node 12 team today, but tomorrow - who knows.

As I feared - super hard today. Couldn't even beat node 11 and that's never happened to me yet. Yesterday I got the easy teams of 3*.

GW is crazy - maybe I wont even pass node 6 tomorrow??!!! Who knows its now so random and all over the place and most times I can count on its impossible.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gw is not hard...it's the fact all your abilities are turned off. Your damaged is reduced all your special abilities never work when it comes to the last node. I suggest that all of us do not spend a single dollar until this is resolved. Personally, I'll never spend money on this game because of the cheating A.I. Tactics. Very bush league move their pulling on us.

On Node 10 for me today - I came up against a team with Daka and Rey - easy, get rid of Rey. But...Daka revived Rey 5 times!!!!

Every time she would fall, she would reappear!! - You are right the AI cheats like you wouldn't believe. I went to knock out Daka with my Rey's abilities and missed every time (because of the Luminara lead).

I almost had a melt down in my office at work!!! So irritating. If my teams were like this then I'd be racking up the Han Solo shards from Raids and 1st in arena!!!

The computer cheats so bad.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    You need to monitor your top 5 spots @Boo if the power shifts between it may set it off.
    Inthe last two days, lando, teebo and sthan have been fighting for #5 in my roster due to mods. i put lando some speed primary stats and higher star mods and came out on top. have to do an arena fight with top 5 to go over 41.3k to not get a hard node 11 again
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    You need to monitor your top 5 spots @Boo if the power shifts between it may set it off.
    Inthe last two days, lando, teebo and sthan have been fighting for #5 in my roster due to mods. i put lando some speed primary stats and higher star mods and came out on top. have to do an arena fight with top 5 to go over 41.3k to not get a hard node 11 again

I have made no changes to my top 5 toons re: power, at all.

I am concentrating on my rebels for the next event. Nothing could have triggered what has happened to my GW experience over the last 3 days except downright unpredictable match up teams to face that makes no sense at all.

GW is broken in my opinion.
  • Galactic War is about 50/50 on the off days Node 9-12 are all lvl 80 g 8-9 all with double tanks with Either 86,GS, Rey or Leia in the backfield Lumi lead so they all dodge, dodge dodge oh surprise surprise heal... :)