Stealth Team

Prev1
Has anyone tried using a stealth team? Im guessing those in stealth cant be hit by single target attacks and are weak to AoE. So the general idea would be to throw on thermal detonators then stealth everyone if possible, then let the crit detonators destroy the enemy team with higher crit chance form beign in stealth from Nute Gunray.

I was just wondering because i pulled Nute Gunray from chrono packs, have him at 4* atm and around 35/65 shards to 5*. Really wish I could use him but it seems you need a very very specific team for it to work, and even then it may not be very strong or worth doing. May just be a junk character which would be a shame since i was lucky/unlucky enough to pull him with shards.

Greedo seems easy to get quickly,

I have Princess Leia who can stealth for 1 turn but since she is form chromas she really isnt very useful stuck on low stars and being unable to rank her up.

Those ar ethe only stealth characters i can think of that would synergise with Gunray.

Is it a lost cause and am i going to just have to wait and hope they release more stealth characters? That actually work.

Replies

• I'm not sure what happens with targeting if the whole team is stealthed.

I know that if you're fighting a team and they have a single remaining character left that's stealthed you can still cast single target skills on them because the game automatically selects them as there's no one else to target.

This same thing might apply if everyone is stealthed.

I don't have any of the stealth characters to be able to comment on the viability of that team set up though.
  • I saw a team led by teebo, who I believe can apply stealth to other characters when they take damage. I found it extrememly difficult to beat as when you targeted a specific enemy, they would stealth and you were forced to attack another character. This gave them time to heal. I've only seen one team like this and I believe it was set up pretty bad, but if set up well it can be very devastating. That being said I don't think an entire team of stealth characters would be very beneficial as once they are all cloked they may as well not be clocked at all. Imo a strong Cloke+heal team
  • Hmmm the usefullness of steal teams seem quite limited bearing in midn that all characters that can use stealth only stealth themselves exept for Teebo. For it to work you need to be able to stealth your healer otherwise it is not all that useful in pvp since your opponent will kill your healers first.

Could be situationally useful in PvE, may have to wait until maybe they release some better synergies for him. On his own he doe snot seem so bad, until you see other characters with all of their ability blocks, offense debuffs etc. which seem better options.
  • Ewok stealth teams could be useful. I think good use of stealth will come to fruition once the game has been out longer.
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I saw a team led by teebo, who I believe can apply stealth to other characters when they take damage. I found it extrememly difficult to beat as when you targeted a specific enemy, they would stealth and you were forced to attack another character. This gave them time to heal. I've only seen one team like this and I believe it was set up pretty bad, but if set up well it can be very devastating. That being said I don't think an entire team of stealth characters would be very beneficial as once they are all cloked they may as well not be clocked at all. Imo a strong Cloke+heal team

That was probably my team. I am still experimenting with it. No one else uses him.
  • I versed a stealth team last night in GW with Teebo as leader. It got to a point where the whole team was stealthed and when I had my turn to attack it auto targeted the character furthest to the right of the screen. Which was Chewie. I also found that characters only stay stealthed for 2 turns and when they come out then that character becomes the only character you can target.

But then I suppose if you have 2 healers you might be able to have the rest of the team stealthed and attacking whilst you heal/atk/etc.

I found it annoying at best as AI was doing the attacking and so forth but if its user controlled it definitely has potential
  • At the moment it seems the major benifit is to those characters that recieve a bonus to themselves when stealthed.
  • The major benefit is Tebo. He is a beast.
  • m0rality wrote: »
    That was probably my team. I am still experimenting with it. No one else uses him.

I completely agree. I am using Teebo as well as my Leader. However, I got destroyed in PvP and dropped really low, so I will build Teebo more before making him the leader. He HAS to be the Leader for this to work.

As a Leader, Teebo can Stealth all allies randomly in the beginning of their turn. As it turns out, as many as 4 heroes can be stealthed. I've not seen all 5 stealthed, but who knows. 1 to 2 stealthed is a common sight.

I pretty much take out Chewbacca. I don't need a Taunt unit. I can imagine how insane the squad will be with Leia!! Leia can give and get Crits while Stealthed. Plus, a lot of heroes need to use a turn to get Stealth...Teebo can give it to them automatically (but also randomly)!!

So Teebo plus my "glass cannons" such as First Order Tie Fighter , Geonisan Soldier, Resistance Trooper , Jawa.. You can try to hit them, but they randomly stealth and you gotta hit some other opponent. Put in a Tank, a Healer, and a superstar (the farmable Sidious), then you've got yourself a very tough team to beat.

Teebo: Farmable in Galatic War Shipments, various Hard nodes (Dark 3rd map hard, Light 4th map hard)
    Geonsian Soldier: Farmable in Cantina 1st map
    Resistance Trooper: now farmable
    Tie Fighter: December Daily hero reward; will be farmable later in game
    Leia: NOT farmable ( boo hoo )
    Healer: Jedi Consular - various places. One of the best healers. Lumi - Galatic War Shipment.
    Superstar: Sidious - PvP Shipment (anyone can get Sidious if you stay in rank 1000-2500 for 2 to 3 weeks). Very good way to get a major superstar hero. I got mine never ranking higher.

Teebo is awesome. Well, others are awesome, but I ain't got them. So...

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If I used Teebo I would definately pull chewie. And now I gotta grind up Teebo just because it sounds hilarious to have an all-star PvP team with Teebo leading.
  • The only problem is that when everyone is in stealth, no one is. If only stealth characters are on the field then you can attack any of them
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    The only problem is that when everyone is in stealth, no one is. If only stealth characters are on the field then you can attack any of them

Generally, it wouldn't be everyone in stealth, though. Just enough randomness to be very annoying
  • Teebo stealthign everyone at the same time is incredibly low, his chance to stealth isnt all that high, it starts at 30% so i doubt it will go above 60% maxed.
  • All stealthers are squishy. Every one of them. Putting them together in a team would get you wiped by a lando+maul AOE at 60. In my opinion stealthers are meant to be fillers in a team. Princess for example I have her at 5 star fully geared for level and she has I think 6k hp and like 80 armor. But she is great for that critbuff and luckily stealth keeps her alive for the first couple of turns. Beyond that she has no use.

I completely agree. I am using Teebo as well as my Leader. However, I got destroyed in PvP and dropped really low, so I will build Teebo more before making him the leader. He HAS to be the Leader for this to work.

As a Leader, Teebo can Stealth all allies randomly in the beginning of their turn. As it turns out, as many as 4 heroes can be stealthed. I've not seen all 5 stealthed, but who knows. 1 to 2 stealthed is a common sight.

I pretty much take out Chewbacca. I don't need a Taunt unit. I can imagine how insane the squad will be with Leia!! Leia can give and get Crits while Stealthed. Plus, a lot of heroes need to use a turn to get Stealth...Teebo can give it to them automatically (but also randomly)!!

So Teebo plus my "glass cannons" such as First Order Tie Fighter , Geonisan Soldier, Resistance Trooper , Jawa.. You can try to hit them, but they randomly stealth and you gotta hit some other opponent. Put in a Tank, a Healer, and a superstar (the farmable Sidious), then you've got yourself a very tough team to beat.

Teebo: Farmable in Galatic War Shipments, various Hard nodes (Dark 3rd map hard, Light 4th map hard)
    Geonsian Soldier: Farmable in Cantina 1st map
    Resistance Trooper: now farmable
    Tie Fighter: December Daily hero reward; will be farmable later in game
    Leia: NOT farmable ( boo hoo )
    Healer: Jedi Consular - various places. One of the best healers. Lumi - Galatic War Shipment.
    Superstar: Sidious - PvP Shipment (anyone can get Sidious if you stay in rank 1000-2500 for 2 to 3 weeks). Very good way to get a major superstar hero. I got mine never ranking higher.

Teebo is awesome. Well, others are awesome, but I ain't got them. So...

...agreed. Learn how to use his abilities and he is awesome.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    All stealthers are squishy. Every one of them. Putting them together in a team would get you wiped by a lando+maul AOE at 60. In my opinion stealthers are meant to be fillers in a team. Princess for example I have her at 5 star fully geared for level and she has I think 6k hp and like 80 armor. But she is great for that critbuff and luckily stealth keeps her alive for the first couple of turns. Beyond that she has no use.

No doubt. Stealths will most likely not be able to survive in PvP top 200. But it's fair to say that the top 200 rankings belong to those who have spent real $ on the game.

I don't consider a Stealth team (there isn't really a stealth team per say) to be anything threatening to the real competitors in PvP, but it is farmable for those who don't spend money, capable of competing in the 500 to 1000 ranking range, and capable of progressing in Challenges or PvE Light Maps.

Pretty much, RNG gods gives what they want to give. Gotta make do with what's given and build accordingly to maximize fun and competitiveness. OP mentioned that he got Nute Gunray. At least he's farmable in Arena and getting him to 5 or 6 stars is possible. Teebo and the Ewoks aren't flashy or popular, but they can fit into the Stealth squad and again, farmable to form a pretty solid squad.

• Le
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Princess for example I have her at 5 star fully geared for level and she has I think 6k hp and like 80 armor. But she is great for that critbuff and luckily stealth keeps her alive for the first couple of turns. Beyond that she has no use.

I Havent spent much money but luckily got Leia and shards so i have her at 3 star. In pvp in right setup she rarely, if ever dies cause shes not primary target. Her buff is super strong, shes multiple attack skill is awesome when upgraded with all buffs, Crit, offense up and pair her in good team and Enjoy. She is really very good toon. Sitting in top 50 in my pvp bracket (lvl 47).
  • In general, most players have all the popular or nerfed characters as their highest priorities due to the idea that other high level players have had success with them but the OP is bringing up some good ideas here. It's clear there are many more team combinations that may now not be known but down the road, will be devastating, part of what makes this game good....
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    All stealthers are squishy. Every one of them. Putting them together in a team would get you wiped by a lando+maul AOE at 60. In my opinion stealthers are meant to be fillers in a team. Princess for example I have her at 5 star fully geared for level and she has I think 6k hp and like 80 armor. But she is great for that critbuff and luckily stealth keeps her alive for the first couple of turns. Beyond that she has no use.

No doubt. Stealths will most likely not be able to survive in PvP top 200. But it's fair to say that the top 200 rankings belong to those who have spent real $ on the game.

I don't consider a Stealth team (there isn't really a stealth team per say) to be anything threatening to the real competitors in PvP, but it is farmable for those who don't spend money, capable of competing in the 500 to 1000 ranking range, and capable of progressing in Challenges or PvE Light Maps.

Pretty much, RNG gods gives what they want to give. Gotta make do with what's given and build accordingly to maximize fun and competitiveness. OP mentioned that he got Nute Gunray. At least he's farmable in Arena and getting him to 5 or 6 stars is possible. Teebo and the Ewoks aren't flashy or popular, but they can fit into the Stealth squad and again, farmable to form a pretty solid squad.

My Teebo team is Top 50 everyday.
  • One thing I notice is that stealthed heroes get REALLY slow when they stealth. So if your heavy hitter or healer goes stealth, he won't get a turn for a while.
  • Dunno if anyone has leveled up Teebo's leader skill all the way, but so far, this is what I've got:

Leader: Guerrilla Warfare (affects all Allies)
    Level 1 = Allies have a 30% chance to gain Stealth for 1 turn at the beginning of their turns.
    Level 2 = +5% Stealth Chance (35% total)
    Level 3 = +25% chance to gain 25% Turn Meter at end of turn
    Level 4 = +5% Stealth Chance (40% total)
    Level 5 = +5% Stealth Chance (45% total, Req. L50)

Definitely going to play around with Teebo a bit more and see if this is viable or not. Fun, anyhow. :)
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Cool. I'm very glad someone is. Have you also got Nute Gunray?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »

No Nute Gunray here... might have to drop some PvP Arena shipments on him just to unlock and see how it works out, eh? His other abilities aren't anything to sneeze at, but I assume what has people interested is his passive Unique ability:

"Shrewd Tactics - Nute Gunray gains 2% Defense for each living ally, and has 35% Critical Chance while Stealthed."
  • for Teebo...stealth is just an enabler. that is not his real benefit.
    for Teebo...stealth is just an enabler. that is not his real benefit.

Yeah, his (up to) 75% turn meter drain (if he comes from stealth) offers some cool control options... along with his buff removal service...

I've noticed that when he's Leader, he benefits from his own buff too, so he'll randomly stealth up and then blam, you can remove someone's turn meter...
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    scootle wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

No Nute Gunray here... might have to drop some PvP Arena shipments on him just to unlock and see how it works out, eh? His other abilities aren't anything to sneeze at, but I assume what has people interested is his passive Unique ability:

"Shrewd Tactics - Nute Gunray gains 2% Defense for each living ally, and has 35% Critical Chance while Stealthed."
    Yeah, he's a pretty decent Hero in his own merits, but more ways to get his critical bonus sounds hard to resist trying.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • If I get lucky enough to score a Nute from a Bronzium, I'll get back to you... that is, unless I can grind him out in Arena after starring up Sidious. :dizzy:

Honestly, though, once you get the hang of Teebo, he comes into his own... that 75% turn meter removal from Stealth has saved my bacon and offered me many nice control options when fighting tougher lineups at player L45.
  • Want to try all the things, but im not rolling in the credits enough to do all the things :'(. I have a lot of the characters unlocked at low star levels, just no creds :(.

It is just too expensive to even level up one team to see how they do ont he side along with your main A-team. In time. In time.
  • Somehow, stealth =/= evade. At all. There seems to be no boost to dodging attacks when your character is stealthed, unless there is somebody else on your team they can hit. But they can still be hit with AoE and counter attacks.
    The major benefit is Tebo. He is a beast.

I agree with this. His debuff pokes the common chewie taunt in the eye.