Arena Payout Solution for the current Broken System

We should get paid out for the highest rank you were able to obtain during a given 24 hour period.

Why? Because the current system is a bit on the broken side. What's broken? AI for one. Another is constantly getting error messages saying your opponent is currently engaged in battle. The other is the WORST when you get the message that says someone is in battle with YOU! If you are live and in game, you should be able to take over your team on defense. AI is so bad. It is because of this broken system that we should be paid out for the highest obtained rank during a 24 hour period. If EA decides to fix AI or allow us to operate our team on defense then we can switch the system back.

@CG_JohnSalera
@CG_RyDiggs
@CG_Kozispoon
@EA_Jesse

Replies

• No, arena actually the most fun part of this game! No need changes!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Sure payout the highest rank and drop the payouts to nothing, cause that is what would happen. Excellent idea. Currently can only have 24 1st payouts with hundreds available rewards would drop.
  • This would lead to abuse. Basically the top fifty would all collude to everyone hit #x at least once and electronic arts is out crystals many many crystals.
  • This would lead to abuse. Basically the top fifty would all collude to everyone hit #x at least once and electronic arts is out crystals many many crystals.

I disagree. Max 1st place would be in the neighborhood of 10. On my leaderboard, not a lot of people can crack into the top 10, let alone the top 5. Also, the most I could organizing would be 5-10 people. Then there are the folks that would also defend the top 10, beating people back immediately so they don't have a shot at the top 5. This happens on my leaderboard where if you take a spot, someone will beat you back almost immediately. This makes getting a top spot pretty difficult.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    This would lead to abuse. Basically the top fifty would all collude to everyone hit #x at least once and electronic arts is out crystals many many crystals.

I disagree. Max 1st place would be in the neighborhood of 10. On my leaderboard, not a lot of people can crack into the top 10, let alone the top 5. Also, the most I could organizing would be 5-10 people. Then there are the folks that would also defend the top 10, beating people back immediately so they don't have a shot at the top 5. This happens on my leaderboard where if you take a spot, someone will beat you back almost immediately. This makes getting a top spot pretty difficult.

All leaderboards are different. Mine has a out 50+ that could get to 1st.
    The abuse would come with ok I got my first let me put in a single. Character so others can get it, this happens now.
  • The AI is a bump on a log independent of where you're fighting.

The current arena system is probably the most fair it can be given how many users from different timezones there are. If you can, try and find some of your shardmates in the pvp forum section and coordinate who takes spots when. That way, you don't have to worry about getting sniped and people can have your back at times.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    The AI is a bump on a log independent of where you're fighting.

The current arena system is probably the most fair it can be given how many users from different timezones there are. If you can, try and find some of your shardmates in the pvp forum section and coordinate who takes spots when. That way, you don't have to worry about getting sniped and people can have your back at times.
    Well, the game thinks I'm a child so that gets into another EA problem that they seem to refuse to correct. Communication in game is a bit challenged to say the least.

And no, it could be more fair if you could take control of your team on defense when you get the message that someone is engaged in a battle with you. Since they won't fix the bad AI, they could at least do this.

In regards to timezone, I sure wish I could change mine! Ugh! Eastern is not so friendly. Ha ha ha!

• No
  • The current system allows for a max of 24 payouts. A change like the OP suggested would increase to potential payouts by a huge amount, depending on how active the top players in a given shard are. On a very active shard you could potentially see 50 or more players obtaining rank #1 prizes on the daily. I am not sure if that would be good or bad. It would certainly be different.

Also, using the " highest rank you were able to obtain" would, among other things, result in arena meta focusing less on defense than the current system since you would not need to maintain your highest rank until your payout in order to get that ranks rewards.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    why not just give the whole top50 500crystals and 900 tokens? Also solves the sniping issue
    Save water, drink champagne!

I stopped reading after this comment ..."ea out crystals"? Dude, are you kidding me, lol. They don't grow these in their back yard ...lol. You know who's out crystals?

PreCraft, Mod Fiasco, various bait&switch ...I've been bilked out of 1,000's of crystals / 1,000,000's of credits ...I'm out crystals, that's who ...lol. but it's w/e ...crap happens and if it's more then once, shame on me, but I still love the game (on a come up finally)

I just couldn't not respond when I read someone typing like EA gona get got. Dude, like how long you been playing for real?! I can't even read anymore, that made me laugh good, thank you bro ...lol
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    benacrow wrote: »
    The AI is a bump on a log independent of where you're fighting.

Very good post, benacrow :)
    EA should give us the possibility to have a view, in which timezones the other players are playing, then it would be perfect!!!

@ leef: another gift for f2p? :D
  • I'd very much appreciate any system that doesn't force me to play during dinner.
  • medetec wrote: »
    I'd very much appreciate any system that doesn't force me to play during dinner.

I admit, it would be nice to be able to cherry-pick your own arena payout time. My payout is at 6pm EST, and I am fortunate enough to be available around that time but if I was in an older shard it would be a lot harder to maintain a high rank.

I don't know if OP's suggestion is the best answer but the current arena system certainly is room for improvement.
    I'd very much appreciate any system that doesn't force me to play during dinner.
    Yup, being able to change my timezone, like I mentioned earlier, would be nice.
  • I do like the idea of taking control of your team when someone is in battle with it!
  • 'Should' is tough to argue with. The current system was by design. Don't think it's broken, but you can always ask for more rewards. :)

It would be funny if I thought that I would never lose if I was able to play defense in real time. No team is safe, AI or not.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Hopefully a live arena ladder is coming in the future. But your solution would be a good stopgap. Maybe reducing top 5 payouts by 20% or so would be fair.
  • Nuttygunner
    243 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If they went with your idea, I'd get first place, attack a weaker player with a weak team and leave first place for someone else. You could literally have 100s of people get first place in 24 hours
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Having a caveat by a player's name depicting their payout time would be a simple and easy solution. That way I know who the bone heads r and who is fighting for their payout.

• If they went with your idea, I'd get first place, attack a weaker player with a weak team and leave first place for someone else. You could literally have 100s of people get first place in 24 hours

What? I thought if you lost attacking from first place you stayed in first?

This. So much this
  • I like this since I moved since I started this game and come September 12th I will never be on near the old 6 pm. Either that or let me update my time zone