summoners war comparisons

Good evening. I think this game is fairly fun and has soooo much potential. Inevitably it will be compared to summoners war because the game mechanics are so similar.

I have played summoners war for about a year and a half and have spent about $200 on the game in that time, so I'm a moderate to small spender. I'm a guild leader of a guild that is usually around rank 300 and if I try hard then I might get conq2 in arena, maybe not.

I was part of the recent global release and spent $35 here. I bought the dooku pack, a $5 daily crystal pack, a $5 crystal pack (drunk impulse buy), and a $20 crystal pack. I mostly did energy refills and got lucky with a 4 star Boba from bronzium. I have always been top20 in rank, with my best finish at rank5.

One of my biggest concerns with the game is the lack of toons in this game. For comparison, summoners war has nearly 1000 unique monsters. Many of which I am still actively hunting and enjoying the hunt 18 months later. If I tried hard to collect characters in this game then I don't think it would take me very long. This game doesn't need just a few more toons released, it needs boatloads. Like 4 to 5 times as many. Also it's crazy I can get many of the best toons in the game so early. It takes less than a week to get sid? In comparison, it takes probably close to 6 months of very consistent play to fuse veromos in summoners. Most people will be at level cap soon and the game has barely released. When I got sid, I already had enough materials to train him to max level, and lumi, and luke. And I got all of their gear to lvl4 in a day with very limited play. In comparison it takes 12 hours of exp grinding game play to lvl a 6 star monster in summoners war. For most people that's more than a week and that's one monster without gear.

So let's talk about gear, in summoner there is infinitely more variety in runes/gear then in this game. To be honest, the gear grind here seems kinda stupid and it doesn't really excite me at all.. there is no custimation and therefore very little strategy. Players enjoy having different strategies and counter strategies, we want spd teams and hp teams, and crowd control teams etc. I get super excited when I get a good rune in summoners war, but this is just a silly grind without mentioning all the snafus regarding gear not being available.

So let's talk about strategy.... this game requires very little strategy. There are some hard stages and there are some tricks to learn, but most of it isn't hard, especially if you read the forums. Summoners war has more buffs and debuffs, more rune customization, it has 5 different elements of toons with strengths and weaknesses against other elements, it has many dungeons that are designed to force you to fight with certain abilities, every team has a weakness or a counter. This game is just way too predictable in character development, gear development and strategy development.

I like the idea of the Sim tix, but they are way too ubiquitous. I use them nearly every time.

I'm sure I have more, but I'm tired, so that's enough for now...

Replies

• Options
    Summoned war, not so much, Magic Rush though... exactly same concept of collecting characters as by packs as shards and that they are permanent, and require shards to tier up, which come from had more and shipments. Also... Farming gear from missions to gear up and unlock new abilities and using unique currency to level up skills. Yeah exact rip lol but I don't mind I prefer this version :).
  • Fudgement
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well, I have played Summoner Wars myself back then, and spent $200-300 on it too. So here's my take on the issues you have mentioned:
    TheBigKid wrote: »
    One of my biggest concerns with the game is the lack of toons in this game.

In all fairness, Summoner Wars have been around for a much longer time. And there wasn't that many characters too back then. They release 3-4 characters each time. And the reason there seems to be a lot more to it because each character has multiple element version of it with different skill sets. But really, most elements are not very good and you can quickly identify the strongest element.

Actually there's a lot of models done than we realised, they just have some strategic date to the release (There was an unintentional leak of Jedi Even Piell in the G.War shipment and they removed it in a day).

If you are comparing the 'NOW' that Summoner Wars have a lot more characters. Duh. Give it time buddy.
    It takes less than a week to get sid? In comparison, it takes probably close to 6 months of very consistent play to fuse veromos in summoners.

Well this gets really subjective. First off, you have players like yourself, who appreciate long-term progression so that you can see the work you have put into your characters and demonstrating that power. Then on the other hand, you have players who loses interest quickly if the progression seems to far fetched.

The direction CG is going, clearly is a "collect em all" approach. So instead of sticking to your few most powerful characters to rule the game and perhaps get bored after a long time, they chose the wide roster approach so that you can switch up game play more easily and to employ more diversified strategies.
    In comparison it takes 12 hours of exp grinding game play to lvl a 6 star monster in summoners war. For most people that's more than a week and that's one monster without gear.

As mentioned above, ease of wider roster and diversified strategies.
    So let's talk about gear, in summoner there is infinitely more variety in runes/gear then in this game. To be honest, the gear grind here seems kinda stupid and it doesn't really excite me at all.. there is no custimation and therefore very little strategy.

Although there are game mode similar to Summoner Wars, this gear customization is actually a mirror of another game, which I won't mention here. It's the equivalent of leveling your characters in Summoner Wars I suppose, considering all you do here is feed training droids to the characters.

Summoner Wars you actually have to bring that character out to the battlefield to gain experience. In SWGOH, the grind is there but from a different perspective. Lvl 60 gears can take a while to grind.
    Players enjoy having different strategies and counter strategies, we want spd teams and hp teams, and crowd control teams etc.

Haha. There WAS a speed team back then in the beta. Speed and AOE was king. Fastest character to get the character turn wins. That wasn't very fun. It actually held back the strategy portion. They changed it right before the launch and it became what it is today.

There is a HP team already isn't it? For example Barriss with her Jedi friends. There is also a critical-burst team with Sidious. I'm not sure at what stage of the game you are, but when you hit end-game at lvl 60. They are a quite a couple of strategies, and they all works. I saw someone with Venturess leader hit #1 the other day. She's a speed leader for her nightsisters. So yeah. With addition of more characters with interesting leader skills, I'm sure in time to come there will be even more.
    So let's talk about strategy.... this game requires very little strategy. There are some hard stages and there are some tricks to learn, but most of it isn't hard, especially if you read the forums.

PVE... well if you have reached 60 and got 5-6* rolling around. Things do become easy. That's progression for you. I agree with you that there isn't anything YET that provides a challenge for end game. I'd say give it time here.
    Summoners war has more buffs and debuffs, more rune customization, it has 5 different elements of toons with strengths and weaknesses against other elements, it has many dungeons that are designed to force you to fight with certain abilities, every team has a weakness or a counter.

Well, this is no pokemon. There isn't a fire beat grass mechanic. But there are things like Empire characters doing more damage to Rebels. Except the fact there isn't enough characters to make it relevant.

Interesting you mentioned the "dungeons designed to force you to fight with certain abilities". SWGOH actually had that in the daily challenges. Like in AGI battles, only 'special' abilities can do damage to enemy. I'm not sure why they removed it. Maybe there was people complaining about it.

Back to strength and weakness compositions, it is a demand and supply logic here. If someone somehow figures a very strong rebel team, I'm sure people will build a anti-rebel (Empire) team to counter it. And that depends on roster and the community, which as mentioned multiple times in this post, needs time to build up.
    I like the idea of the Sim tix, but they are way too ubiquitous. I use them nearly every time.

It's just a feature for people like me who can't keep pressing auto-battle all day to use up energy because I work 12-14 hours a day and I can't really afford to "let it run while I'm working". If you like it, great. If you don't want to use it. Don't.

I'm a huge fan and I'm positive about this game. I did not create this post with the intention to destroy or criticize your comments. I just want you and people who read this post to have a positive view of the game. Because if there's no community, there's no fun. But people need to have a positive approach instead of slamming everything CG does.