Game update - 1/21/2016

Prev13
Greetings Heroes,

Small update today.
  • Daily Crystal Booster Packs are now available for players who have spent at least $4.99 in the store.
  • The text on Lobot's ability Parallel Processing has been updated to more closely reflect how the ability works.

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• You're about to get a lot of crap for the pricing of that crystal pack. Lol
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the update Jesse.
    Post edited by Hendiju on
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I spent 500$ i deserve this as a bonus (=
  • I have spent 5 euro for Dooku and 5 euro for the 1st subscription pack and I will not get this one
  • It is reasonable. Agree better marketing is $9.99, but don't change it I already bought it,lol.
  • Yep marketing 101 is $9.99 is 100% more appealing then $10.00 to a buyer.
  • From dealing with customers in retail I can tell you that when a customer sees $9.99 they think it's $9. They will even say, "No, it says $9."

It's much, much smarter to make prices lower.

But thank you Jesse!!!!!
    The long awaited crystal subs have returned!!!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Brilliant tine to push the update and have the game not load for some right before arena awards. so **** stupid
  • That price is meh. Whatever. What about the galactic wars debacle? Not worried about giving you anymore money till that stops being a boring restart fest.
  • d4rkman
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Geez ea, why so greedy? You always have to set so ********* high prices..maybe for us/uk it isn't much but what about others...? I Bought both starter pack and dooku because price was reasonable. And now 11€ for crystal pack? Won't buy it..
  • Aneil915
    143 posts
    edited January 2016
    Did everyone get the first 100 crystals after buying the sub? I haven't got mine yet..

@EA_Jesse
  • Elsario
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The price for the daily crystal booster shows $14.99 for me, and I've spent at least $4.99 in the store. I've noticed all the crystal pack prices have increased as well, by about 25%. I spent a bit of money initially, when it made the most sense, but with these changes there's absolutely zero incentive now.
  • JohnyDee21
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Such a terrible price for this pack. EA missing any marketing experts?

You should of put the 9 days crystal pack for only $4.99 and I can assure you everyone would buy it! It's so much more appealing that 4.99 than a 10.99. It makes you feel you aren't spending that much money on something everybody needs.

I bought Dooku and all previously crystal packs....but after seeing this new one, I won't buy it.

* Save your "9 days for 4.99 equals only 18 days for the same price...blah blah blah".... This rant is about marketing techniques.
  • Geez, where did you guys go for marketing lessons? With a 10.99. Price 80 to 90 percent people will not buy something that takes 21 days to collect. You can site me on your numbers after one week and tell me im wrong. One mayor reason many will not buy and will forget is because if your someone like me who uses Playstore Gift cards to purchase things on play store, you have to buy the 20 dollar card instead of the 10 dollar card thanks to ur .99 cents. 80 percent will not do it and 20 might think about it later tomorrow. If they don't buy today or tomorrow, they won't bother to buy it at all. 2. It takes 21 days to collect the full amount and because it takes an investment of time and restraint, 10.99 Seems like 5.99 to much. Site me if im worng on your numbers, guaranteed you that your sells will be very very low for this. 3. You originally had giving this for 4.99 and gave a 300 instant Crystal boost, or was it 500? I can't remember which one belong to what pack, dukos 300 or 500 instant crystal? Point is That deal was Amazing! This 10.99 deal is purely the complete opposite of that original deal. 100 instant crystals? Lol, Do you get how this makes no sense. Here I'll give you an example, a shoe maker comes along and sells you a decent pair of shoes for an amazing price you didn't even think twice about getting and on top of that, you had no clue wether you would like said shoes, the deal was just so amazing, that missing out was not an option. Now a few months pass and you meet the same shoe maker, this time he wants to sell you a pair that are not as Decent as the originals and on top of that he wants to sell you at double the price. What would you do?
    Hope this helps you correct your lack of sellmanship.
  • LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    Geez, where did you guys go for marketing lessons? With a 10.99. Price 80 to 90 percent people will not buy something that takes 21 days to collect. You can site me on your numbers after one week and tell me im wrong. One mayor reason many will not buy and will forget is because if your someone like me who uses Playstore Gift cards to purchase things on play store, you have to buy the 20 dollar card instead of the 10 dollar card thanks to ur .99 cents. 80 percent will not do it and 20 might think about it later tomorrow. If they don't buy today or tomorrow, they won't bother to buy it at all. 2. It takes 21 days to collect the full amount and because it takes an investment of time and restraint, 10.99 Seems like 5.99 to much. Site me if im worng on your numbers, guaranteed you that your sells will be very very low for this. 3. You originally had giving this for 4.99 and gave a 300 instant Crystal boost, or was it 500? I can't remember which one belong to what pack, dukos 300 or 500 instant crystal? Point is That deal was Amazing! This 10.99 deal is purely the complete opposite of that original deal. 100 instant crystals? Lol, Do you get how this makes no sense. Here I'll give you an example, a shoe maker comes along and sells you a decent pair of shoes for an amazing price you didn't even think twice about getting and on top of that, you had no clue wether you would like said shoes, the deal was just so amazing, that missing out was not an option. Now a few months pass and you meet the same shoe maker, this time he wants to sell you a pair that are not as Decent as the originals and on top of that he wants to sell you at double the price. What would you do?

That is so true. I was going to think about it at 9.99 but 11? Thats crazy cause i bought the 4.99 one earlier this year and it was great cause i got 300 bonus and it was cheaper. This new deal is such a waste, EA, yall are way too greedy. And stop giving us crap updates, add some new characters that we have all been waiting for
  • D4GG3R
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bring back the $4.99 for 21 days and I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I bought the dooku one and was about to purchase the 21 day but you changed it to the 9 or 7 day (can't remember) one. $10.99?!? No way
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Small update today.
    • Daily Crystal Booster Packs are now available for players who have spent at least $4.99 in the store.
    • The text on Lobot's ability Parallel Processing has been updated to more closely reflect how the ability works.

What's the change to Lobot's ability? I have him at ability level 3 and don't see any change.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I just don't get the point anymore to buying crystals. Everyday ito a repeat of the same stuff. Galactic wars until you are defeated then a few squad matches then restart again the next day.
  • Koney wrote: »
    You're about to get a lot of crap for the pricing of that crystal pack. Lol

and they're not going to care. It's not an insane increase but i probably won't get it.
  • So much for transparency.

I don't see any announcement in the release notes for this 'patch' about raising the prices of the crystal packs, but as Elsario pointed out they have increased by around a whopping 25%, now nearly $150 for the top pack (15k crystals) in Singapore.

Release notes should provide details of all changes, not just the ones you think your customers may want to hear.

• U
    LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    Geez, where did you guys go for marketing lessons? With a 10.99. Price 80 to 90 percent people will not buy something that takes 21 days to collect. You can site me on your numbers after one week and tell me im wrong. One mayor reason many will not buy and will forget is because if your someone like me who uses Playstore Gift cards to purchase things on play store, you have to buy the 20 dollar card instead of the 10 dollar card thanks to ur .99 cents. 80 percent will not do it and 20 might think about it later tomorrow. If they don't buy today or tomorrow, they won't bother to buy it at all. 2. It takes 21 days to collect the full amount and because it takes an investment of time and restraint, 10.99 Seems like 5.99 to much. Site me if im worng on your numbers, guaranteed you that your sells will be very very low for this. 3. You originally had giving this for 4.99 and gave a 300 instant Crystal boost, or was it 500? I can't remember which one belong to what pack, dukos 300 or 500 instant crystal? Point is That deal was Amazing! This 10.99 deal is purely the complete opposite of that original deal. 100 instant crystals? Lol, Do you get how this makes no sense. Here I'll give you an example, a shoe maker comes along and sells you a decent pair of shoes for an amazing price you didn't even think twice about getting and on top of that, you had no clue wether you would like said shoes, the deal was just so amazing, that missing out was not an option. Now a few months pass and you meet the same shoe maker, this time he wants to sell you a pair that are not as Decent as the originals and on top of that he wants to sell you at double the price. What would you do?

Since he is the only shoemaker available you either buy the shoes or walk barefoot.
    It's a monopoly, but it is what it is.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the increases in prices are more Apple and Google Play stores adjusting to currency exchange rates. There was some link in the main forums talking about it (since prices in the US haven't changed).

Also, are we still getting "major update" news this week? I had thought a CG poster had said we would be getting more details on the upcoming major patch this week.
  • Apart from taking time to collect all the cristals, it worth at least one energy recharge for Cantina, or two regular energy recharges (the first ones of the day, of course). Also, the deal is to purchase cristals at the lowest "price-per-crystal" available. If you don't use the cristals for energy refills, it can give you a chromium card every four days. It sounds a reasonable deal to me for daily players; may not make sense otherwise. Besides, as a daily player, you will win more crystals in the daily activities (~40, if I'm not mistaken) plus arena (depending on your rank, can be around 50) and the daily logins (just got 80 for today's login). So it adds up to give you lots of fun time in-game.

I agree that the cristal price itself is high; would buy this and lot more if it was a lower price, allowing me to really have fun while spending small ammounts. With the current 220 crystals pack with a very high price per cristal, it gives very low in return. But I'm still considering this purchase to speed up some character upgrades I'm planning for my main squad :smile: .

For all rant reposters: please be kind with your words when sending a message. There are several ways to say that you are unhappy with some game changes and with the in-app purchase prices. It is becoming a pain to try to read and follow the news in the forums, because it seems that everyone is just comming here to post rants :disappointed: This thread has at least 50% of the same "you have a **** marketeer" thing; one was enought, everyone read that.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Wow, I get that customers have a right to express their opinion, but the sense of entitlement is mind-blowing.

"So, you're going to offer me a lower price on crystals, but it's not as low as you used to offer it ... how ******* dare you?!?! You must hate your customers. If you don't give us an even better deal then I refuse to buy any more deals, ever again!"

Thank you for the subscription, gentlemen. I bought mine, and I appreciate it.
  • Wow, I get that customers have a right to express their opinion, but the sense of entitlement is mind-blowing.

"So, you're going to offer me a lower price on crystals, but it's not as low as you used to offer it ... how ******* dare you?!?! You must hate your customers. If you don't give us an even better deal then I refuse to buy any more deals, ever again!"

Thank you for the subscription, gentlemen. I bought mine, and I appreciate it.

This has to do with perception WildWest. If there was never a cheaper subscription available, one that was very similar to what is offered in other mobile games, there would not be any complaints. The perception is that the pack was taken away so pricing could be increased; this is a negative reality for many.
  • ZJavinho
    34 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    All they did was make the overall price of crystals more expensive, even the normal crystal packs are significantly more now. It's $14.99 for the 21 day subscription in Canada. Extremely disappointed and deterred from spending any more money.
  • Skyler
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It is $12.09 for me.
    Why?

@EA_Jesse
    Post edited by Skyler on
  • Ok guys. Today we are having a little math lesson.

Previous subs

7 days * 165 crystal +300 = 1455 crystal for 5€
    Thats 291 crystal for each € spent.

OMG OMG NEW 21 DAYS SUB!
    21 Days * 100 + 100 = 2200 crystal for 11€
    Thats 202 crystal for each € spent.

You get 50% less crystal for the same money you were spending before

I hope this shows you all the REAL value of the new sub.

They have created a necesity for people waiting a subscription and ten they put it the most overpriced they can.

This is GREED!
    Ally code 632-517-719
This discussion has been closed.