Price of gems quadrupled!

Prev13
Dear devs,

Today my gem prices in the shop increased 4 (four!!!) times.
Any explanation?

The price of the largest pack is now three times larger then the living wage in my country.
Two packs cost more then some of my coleague's monthly wages.

Will not spend a single dollar on this game again.

Replies

• pics or it didnt happen.....care 2 post a screenshot?
  • I agree, pictures or your lying. my gem prices have remained the same from day one.
  • What country, what price to what price? Nvm the trolls
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    6pqaqc8eDng.jpg
    uCldXEWy-dc.jpg

Ukraine
  • Dyakoff wrote: »
    6pqaqc8eDng.jpg
    uCldXEWy-dc.jpg

Ukraine

Yup, that is inflation, right there! Maybe Putin is controlling the gas err crystal pipeline
  • That's because of a re-evaluation of Ukraine's currency in respect to eminent war looming with Russia.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Your new prices are on par with what the majority pays. You're actually still getting a better deal than those in the US. You were getting a HUGE discount previously. Why should other countries get bigger discounts for the same product? It's too easy to exploit.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Prices should be equivalent worldwide, regardless of your country or currency
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

they aren't.
    how did you make that screenshot btw? i thought no one coud login?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

LOL! Do you even arbitrage bro?!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

• The price for a 610 bag for me in Australia is $14.99, the 1340 bag is $30.99, the top crystal purchase is over $200. It's ridiculous that we have to pay so much more in Australia.
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    The price for a 610 bag for me in Australia is $14.99, the 1340 bag is $30.99, the top crystal purchase is over $200. It's ridiculous that we have to pay so much more in Australia.

And you can't have guns.

• And you can't have guns.

Haha

~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • For a virtual game, that seams crazy to raise the prices so high and fast. It doesnt seam like theres a supply and demand problem for video game. When's the last time a commercial airline was blown out the sky in your backyard or how many of your family members been blown to bits by an evading country that sending comandos in to ruin your whole way of life. HEY DEVS GIVE THE UKRANIES A BREAK and let em have some well needed entertainment.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Politicians world wide trying to ensure the population cannot fight back against the NWO by taking away our crystals and guns.
  • leef wrote: »

they aren't.

Let's get back to the real issue. This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Strong disagreement to that. Making things all US prices makes them unobtainable to anyone in a country that the US exploits for its wealth in the first place. I'm going out on a limb and saying this comment was left by someone in the US or equivalently wealthy country. If the living wage in Vietnam, for example, is 1/4 of what it is in the US, then the devs should totally charge 1/4 of the price for its (imaginary) goods. That is EQUITABLE. It gives everyone access, and from the devs perspective, is probably more likely to maximize their profit more anyway.
  • Us Americans got it made i only pay 20 bucks for 2800
  • EA makes the prices, they want in on that capitalism Russia will bring to Ukraine.
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    The price for a 610 bag for me in Australia is $14.99, the 1340 bag is $30.99, the top crystal purchase is over $200. It's ridiculous that we have to pay so much more in Australia.
    My god... The 610 bag is 5 bucks lol. The 1340 one is 10 dollars. You're paying 3 times as much. Ouch..
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

they aren't.

He's from Ukraine! They can do wicked spy **** and go around every barricade!

• I'd like to correct my previous post. The top crystal purchase is $319.99 in Australia. It's absurd.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

they aren't.

He's from Ukraine! They can do wicked spy **** and go around every barricade!

Not helping! :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Drekulviin
    379 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    1.00 USD = 26.6550 UAH

i don't see any problem there, your price are as they should :tongue:
  • Similar thing happened down here in Brazil back in June.

Vault was 59,99BRL and suddenly they raised 3x to 199,99BRL

And I don't care how much US players are paying in dollars. 99 for you should be 99 for us in our currency.
    Do or do not...
  • Drekulviin wrote: »
    1.00 USD = 26.6550 UAH

i don't see any problem there, your price are as they should

If I go to Egypt, how many camels will that get me?
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Why not ask, how I managed a screenshot from yesterday? Lol. This increase is not unnoticed in my country. People have been sharing screenshots all day, I just had to pick two.
  • Pacdiggity wrote: »

Strong disagreement to that. Making things all US prices makes them unobtainable to anyone in a country that the US exploits for its wealth in the first place. I'm going out on a limb and saying this comment was left by someone in the US or equivalently wealthy country. If the living wage in Vietnam, for example, is 1/4 of what it is in the US, then the devs should totally charge 1/4 of the price for its (imaginary) goods. That is EQUITABLE. It gives everyone access, and from the devs perspective, is probably more likely to maximize their profit more anyway.

Someone find me a way to pay in a currency that makes it cheaper then. Currency exchange ftw.
  • I take back all of the negative things I've said about EA. This thread is awesome.
  • Clearly no one ever takes cost of living into fruition then again people really don't use their heads now a days