Character Strategy- Chief Nebit

13Next

Replies

• Is Nebit useful outside of a Droid/Jawa team?

I have a new account and I'm wondering whether I should go with Poe, STHan, or Nebit for my tank.

You lose some of his synergies outside of a Droid/Jawa team - assist only calls one instead of two, taunt does not decrease cooldowns (other than his). Poe and STH - I believe - have more general synergies.
  • No he's not
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Is Nebit useful outside of a Droid/Jawa team?

I have a new account and I'm wondering whether I should go with Poe, STHan, or Nebit for my tank.

You lose some of his synergies outside of a Droid/Jawa team - assist only calls one instead of two, taunt does not decrease cooldowns (other than his). Poe and STH - I believe - have more general synergies.
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    No he's not

That's what I needed to know, thanks!
  • Is Nebit useful outside of a Droid/Jawa team?

Personally, I'd go STH of those 3. Mostly because he can be used on Rebel events, and on Scoundrel events. The others can only be used in 1 synergy specific event, and those don't gain credits/droids.

Now, if you're planning to run droids, then I'd say Nebit is the right answer. Being able to call 2 toons to assist can result in one shotting many toons. Especially through GW.
  • For a good review of Chief Nebit and recommendations, please check out my YouTube review of him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JsFu8xRV_o
  • My G10 Nebit seems to have gained around 500 power with last patch.

Anyone know if there was an update to him?
  • They changed the power calculation to "more accurately" include mods. So no real changes to what characters were doing. Just how they are seen.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    They changed the power calculation to "more accurately" include mods. So no real changes to what characters were doing. Just how they are seen.

My B2 Super Battle Droid jumped over both my IG-86 and Chief Nebit in Power today... :open_mouth:
  • How would u mod Nebit?
  • Rio76 wrote: »
    How would u mod Nebit?

You can go one of a few different ways:

You can mod him for maximum survival, putting Protection main stat mods where you can and health main stat mods elsewhere, opting for either Defense or Health mod set bonuses
    You can try to augment his low Damage/Speed by opting for crit damage and crit chance sets, opting for Speed on the arrow mod, crit chance or damage on the triangle mod, and either health/protection/offense on the Cross mod
    Or
    You can focus on health main stats where available to make the Protection Up from his basic attack that much greater of a bonus by increasing his base health by opting for a 3x Health Mod bonus.
  • I would opt for protection on most stats barring the triangle I would use crit avoidance.
  • Is Nebit still a viable toon for droid and Jawa teams? I have STH almost at lvl X. Current collection here:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/collection/

Next up are Tie Pilot, Jawa, SRP, Aayla.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Is Nebit still a viable toon for droid and Jawa teams? I have STH almost at lvl X. Current collection here:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/collection/

Next up are Tie Pilot, Jawa, SRP, Aayla.

I tried a G10 STH with my droids yesterday. While I like the additional TM manipulation, it takes away 10 speed for your JE. That's probably only a big deal against other droid teams. If I could get my STH fast enough, I would consider replacing JE with him and running this team:

47, 86, 88, 100/B2, and STH

However, I need STH speed around 215 before I would make this move. It still doesn't counter other droids, but it makes all other contests more interesting.
  • @RyanRen you would replace JE with STH? I was under the impression JE was the best thing going for a droid team (next to HK's leader)
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    @RyanRen you would replace JE with STH? I was under the impression JE was the best thing going for a droid team (next to HK's leader)

Think about the purpose that JE serves - TM manipulation. One could argue that STH does this even better, but he could also fill Nebit's role of taunting - a taunt that lasts longer. To make it work, I would need the ultimate set of mods with 10+ speed secondaries. For arena, how often does JE's heal factor in?
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    But JE also gives crit chance up, helping to guarantee crits (outside of 86 basic), which is (eventually) 50% tm. Granted it only lasts for a couple turns, but JE can also revive if they decide to focus one of the IGs first.

However, since I only have 3-4* health mods and 1-2* everything else I guess STH isn't even a possibility for me haha

*Edit* Not to mention SF/B2/others stripping taunt
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    But JE also gives crit chance up, helping to guarantee crits (outside of 86 basic), which is (eventually) 50% tm. Granted it only lasts for a couple turns, but JE can also revive if they decide to focus one of the IGs first.

However, since I only have 3-4* health mods and 1-2* everything else I guess STH isn't even a possibility for me haha

*Edit* Not to mention SF/B2/others stripping taunt

With 47 lead omega'd, you don't need crit chance up from JE. You can also solve with crit chance mods. It's not exact, but you can get pretty close.
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    G11 Chief Nebit with close to 90K hp/protection soaking up damage vs. Genobi led Clone teams. : )

https://youtu.be/6WdCVtQzYgE
  • Thanks, UNivek, that was both a fun and informative watch. :)
  • Hey UNivek

can you please show us the Mods on Nebit
  • Hey UNivek

can you please show us the Mods on Nebit

Here is my swgoh.gg link for Nebit. https://swgoh.gg/u/univek/collection/chief-nebit/

However, it may be currently geared more for Raid where I introduced more speed. e.g. the Arrow on upper right for +30 speed, instead of with +protection.

Another tip I have for the arena is to have 88's speed higher than Nebit. This is because in case JE got stunned, your 88 can go before Nebit doing his AOE, then Nebit taunts to reduce cool down, allowing 88 to go another round of AOE sooner.

My 88 mod for reference. https://swgoh.gg/u/univek/collection/ig-88/

Disclaimer on swgoh.gg mod links as they may be switched for Raid etc. : )

• @UNivek That's interesting, but I notice you don't run potency on 88. Do you find that's enough?
  • @UNivek That's interesting, but I notice you don't run potency on 88. Do you find that's enough?

Oh, again, for Raid, I don't bother with potency on 88 since ability block isn't useful and HK always lands enough debuff to boost dmg. For Raid, it also doesn't matter much for HK to go 1st, since there are enough rounds that the initial opening with HK landing debuff is less important.

• UNivek wrote: »
    @UNivek That's interesting, but I notice you don't run potency on 88. Do you find that's enough?

Oh, again, for Raid, I don't bother with potency on 88 since ability block isn't useful and HK always lands enough debuff to boost dmg. For Raid, it also doesn't matter much for HK to go 1st, since there are enough rounds that the initial opening with HK landing debuff is less important.

I was looking at your arena team. How do you get around not triggering Biggs unique when going against Wiggs lando teams? I'm having trouble vs those teams. Especially those that has shore and baze in their team.
  • Nubcake wrote: »
    UNivek wrote: »
    @UNivek That's interesting, but I notice you don't run potency on 88. Do you find that's enough?

I was looking at your arena team. How do you get around not triggering Biggs unique when going against Wiggs lando teams? I'm having trouble vs those teams. Especially those that has shore and baze in their team.

This is one good use for K-2SO (if you're on Android device). I've found that K-2 is pretty **** useful! Even outside of Droid/Rebel squads! His daze is useful against counter-attack teams. I mix him into my stun-frenzy team (EP, RG, Daka, K-2, Vader) against teams with 5s, Ayala, and Sun Fac (they appear more often than you'd think in my GW) and he's great for preventing counter attacks.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Right now i use HK (Lead), K-2SO, 88, B2, and JE. Originally, swapping out 86 was pretty painful, but then it became a lot easier because K-2SO basically has never ending taunt given the right conditions, so that means 88 and JE can survive a lot longer. I used to use Nebit when he first came out and i thought he was awesome, but then B2 became F2P and i had to put him in for nebit. Nebit is really good on paper, but most of the time he just doesnt fit in with the squad, so unfortunately i dont even use him anymore :(
  • These days, the main use for Nebit (outside of AAT Raid) is to sponge up damage from 5s and/or Dooku in GW for you droid team - if that is what you are using to clear GW. However, even this utility is diminishing now. Even a 5* Palps can get your through GW if you gear him up.