Luminara 7*. Who next from GalWar shipments?

I'm looking for a bursty attacker, mainly for arena; I seem to clear GalWar pretty reliably with my current squad. Was previously torn between IG-86 and Tusken; now it looks like a choice between IG-86 and Resistance Pilot.

@SeroZero almost has me convinced for 86, who I have at 2* already (although the rest of my team is non-droid, so 86 wouldn't be quite as effective as in Zero's terrifying droid lineup!). However, there seems to be a lot of love for Resistance Pilot recently on the boards; I' d have to unlock him and level from scratch, but that'd only be a couple extra days.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I will be going for Nightsister initiate next as she is exclusive to GW so will be much less common.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Personally, I would still suggest IG-86, because I just lost arena offensive today against it and couldn't get 1st TT.

IG -86 shot the skill, crit against my 7* IG-88 instant killing him, assist called on old daka, stunning my Sid. What in the world...

Personally never seen anyone use resistance pilot in pvp. But IG-86's 75% extra dmg on crit is really yummy. And I plan to use him out of the Droid formation as well, he really just hits so hard it's ridiculous.

My IG-86 is currently 5* and looking great in GW, once he is 6*, I plan to replace my datcha 7* with him.

However, with the movie coming soon, they might release more SW7 units that synergises with pilot, so there's that to speculate about too.
  • Thanks SeroZero - you've convinced me to push IG-86. I do like the idea of a very strong nuke to take down problem characters ASAP, both in GalWar and Arena; my heal comp is quite strong with 7* Luminara and 5* Consular, so I usually find that once I can get rid of Sidious I can outlast most other teams. And 86 doesn't seem too squishy either, at least compared to IG-88.

Plus, I'd love to build your droid team eventually so might as well start somewhere! (It's gonna take ages to get HK-47 and IG-88, though. I'm stuck in the 500-1000 bracket in Arena right now and my Sidious is only just about to hit 6*....)
  • @SeroZero wrote: »
    Personally, I would still suggest IG-86, because I just lost arena offensive today against it and couldn't get 1st TT.

IG -86 shot the skill, crit against my 7* IG-88 instant killing him, assist called on old daka, stunning my Sid. What in the world...

Whoa, the assist call attack can apply to a DIFFERENT enemy character? I always thought that any kind of attack like that only applied to the initial character that was attacked, and if they died then the assist would just be wasted.

Like Dooku's bonus attack right now. If he procs a bonus attack but he already killed the character he attacked then nothing happens with the bonus attack.

This is a game changer lol I was going for Dathcha before but now I might have to switch to IG-86.
  • Quincy_Tihlus32
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Daka's attack has a chance to stun a secondary character, Sushie. I'm assuming that is how his Sid got stunned. The innitial attack went against the already dead IG-88
  • Daka's attack has a chance to stun a secondary character, Sushie. I'm assuming that is how his Sid got stunned. The innitial attack went against the already dead IG-88

But that's what I meant. Normally if an ally/bonus attack is called on the IG-88, if he's already dead the secondary attack shouldn't happen because that character is no longer available to target.

I get that Daka has a secondary target stun but it doesn't make sense that she would attack "nothing" in the first place :p
  • They beat the corpse
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Poor IG-88 :'(

Graboidzero+used+roll+picture+graboidzero+rolled+image+sjw+s+face+when+michael+_546394b63be64c27dd0e26b6cebabfe3.jpg
  • Yeah, if an assist is called against a char and the initial attack kills them, the assisting char still runs in to have a go.

I didn't realise that effects could proc off kicking the corpse, though, I must admit. Guess it'd only show up on a few characters, like Daka, whose proc can affect secondary targets.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Yeah, if an assist is called against a char and the initial attack kills them, the assisting char still runs in to have a go.

I didn't realise that effects could proc off kicking the corpse, though, I must admit. Guess it'd only show up on a few characters, like Daka, whose proc can affect secondary targets.
    Same goes for healing and self/ally buffs.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot