Character Strategy- Scarif Rebel Pathfinder

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
38ek5zyyg5wt.png

Steadfast Rebel Tank who debuffs, Taunts, and self-revives.
Unlocks at 2 Stars (25 Shards)
Available from: Daily login rewards, Rogue One event
Abilities
BASIC Attack – Dig In:
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% (Based on Ability Level) chance to gain Offense Up for 2 turns. All other allies gain 10-15% (Based on Ability Level) Turn Meter.
rncq1rvrd3ih.gif
SPECIAL Attack – Explosive Entry
  • Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 40-70% (Based on Ability Level) chance to inflict Offense Down for 2-3 turns. Additionally, gain Taunt for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4 – Omega Reduces Cooldown by 1 Turn)
prlfx6f47yfy.gif
Unique Ability – Do or Die
  • If Scarif Rebel Pathfinder has any buffs when he is defeated, he is revived with 5-15% (Based on Ability Level) Max Health and 11-20% (Based on Ability Level) Turn Meter for each living Rebel ally. Whenever Scarif Rebel Pathfinder is defeated all other allies gain Speed Up for 2 turns.
w5vvkw2sgfug.gif
General Strategy
  • The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder is a unique tank in that he will self-revive if he is defeated while buffed. This means that any buffs applied to him (including the buffs he self-applies) add to his longevity in battle.
  • Using his basic attack has a chance to apply Offense Up on himself as well as give all other allies 10-15% (Based on Ability Level) Turn Meter. This can really help push turn meter into your team.
Hero Synergies
  • The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will help round out rebel teams and give a second option for Rebel Tank. A full Rebel party will help maximize his self-revive by providing 85% health (max ability level) upon Reviving. The amount of turn meter that he gains upon Reviving is enhanced in the same way.
  • When used in a Turn Meter-Team, he brings a lot to the table in the form of Turn Meter gain on his basic attack. Combined with other Units such as Phasma who gives Turn Meter using her Victory March ability, your team will gain a lot of Turn Meter.
    Where to Use
    • The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder is a unique tank in that he will self-revive if he is defeated while buffed. This means that any buffs applied to him (including the buffs he self-applies) add to his longevity in battle.
    • Using his basic attack has a chance to apply Offense Up on himself as well as give all other allies 10-15% (Based on Ability Level) Turn Meter. This can really help push turn meter into your team.
    • In PvP Arena he provides another option for tanking or dual-tanking. Especially if you are looking to run a turn meter focused team.
    • Obtaining the Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will enhance your Rebel Team which will help in many different events, including the new Emperor’s Demise Event which awards shards for Emperor Palpatine!
    • Rebel Teams are also needed for the Tenacity Mod Challenge so that you can farm Tenacity Mods.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Looks like he could be a great second tank addition!
  • This guy should have been given a Clone call-sign and some armor. :) Looks like a good character.
  • Him with taunts and Leia being steal thing and giving crit ups basically make him near unkillable
  • This guy should have been given a Clone call-sign and some armor. :) Looks like a good character.

It's a very Clone mechanic to think of the team helping up their knocked down tank teammate.

He should be fun with Ackbar leads, but I don't see him being a great fit with current rebel based teams, as he lacks a non attack taunt (Ackbar) and looks less beneficial for tm than St Han.
    Look forward to trying to make it work though.
  • Yeah I dont think hes great for Rebels but definitely a good Clone tank. Cool character for sure, its just hard to overlook STH; he raises the bar pretty high.
  • Lando, Leia, HRScout, STHan, Scarif - Feed the lando!
  • His unique is useless like old Ben, just save him for last so he can't buff up team
  • As if people needed more reasons to use QGJ or Teebo...
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    DarthLark wrote: »
    His unique is useless like old Ben, just save him for last so he can't buff up team

Lot harder to ignore a guy who taunts every 3 turns.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    DarthLark wrote: »
    His unique is useless like old Ben, just save him for last so he can't buff up team

Lot harder to ignore a guy who taunts every 3 turns.
    In three turns the team is dead lol
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Wedge, lando, biggs, scarif, sthan!

All about tm gain!
  • Steve7
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hero Synergies
    The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will help round out rebel teams and give a second option for Rebel Tank. A full Rebel party will help maximize his self-revive by providing 85% health (max ability level) upon Reviving. The amount of turn meter that he gains upon Reviving is enhanced in the same way.

2nd option for a Rebel Tank? I know STHan is great and all......but Hoth Rebel Soldier takes offense to your oversight. Long Live the true "HRS"!
  • Steve7 wrote: »
    Hero Synergies
    The Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will help round out rebel teams and give a second option for Rebel Tank. A full Rebel party will help maximize his self-revive by providing 85% health (max ability level) upon Reviving. The amount of turn meter that he gains upon Reviving is enhanced in the same way.

2nd option for a Rebel Tank? I know STHan is great and all......but Hoth Rebel Soldier takes offense to your oversight. Long Live the true "HRS"!

HRS represent!!! He's a slog, but worth it. Great tank
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon You may want to consider adding *this attack cannot be countered* to his AoE taunt. His taunt is pretty useless when Sun Fac can dispel him immediately.

Just a suggestion....
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon You may want to consider adding *this attack cannot be countered* to his AoE taunt. His taunt is pretty useless when Sun Fac can dispel him immediately.

Just a suggestion....

+1

Kinda silly he can get "detaunted" in the same turn.
  • Is that really any different than if QGJ, Teebo, B2, or Sun Fac are sitting near 100% TM when using the taunt? I think this is just another issue in the taunt/dispel tug of war that is pretty broken right now.
  • Anyone have him maxed yet? What's his max speed?
  • Anyone have him maxed yet? What's his max speed?
    Speed is 109. Got him to 80, g8. But want to see what others say about him before gearing up more. He needs a lot of purple gear
  • Lando lead leia/hoth scout and soldier/pathfinder

Pathfinder is lv.70 g8.
    He seems kewl...beat a lv 80 node in war with all surviving but hrsoldier.
    But only time will tell...but I am taking the gamble.
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »

Just a suggestion....

I see no problem with him having one really good counter character. Many characters have other characters who, for one reason or another, counter them very well. Sun Fac can basically debuff Kylo Ren on his AoE/retribution the same way. It's one of the reasons he's so good. He can do that against a lot of characters, now that I think about it.

There are others who potentially could do this as well. Plo Koon under IGD lead. Or Aayla could call someone as counter assist, who then debuffs.
  • Will Pathfinder have the ability to self-revive endlessly? Hypothetically, if the enemy only attacked and killed SRPF, and each time he had a buff, will he self-revive over and over, or will there be a total-revives limit? If the former is the case, I could certainly see him "adding longevity" to a battle, as advertised.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Will Pathfinder have the ability to self-revive endlessly? Hypothetically, if the enemy only attacked and killed SRPF, and each time he had a buff, will he self-revive over and over, or will there be a total-revives limit? If the former is the case, I could certainly see him "adding longevity" to a battle, as advertised.

Yes, he will revive endlessly without firing a shot until the buff wears off.
  • Darth_Barf wrote: »
    I've got PF on my arena team(rank 25-30) with Biggs, wedge, scout, and leia. He almost always has a buff. Between leia giving everyone a buff almost every time she shoots, and PF giving himself a buff on his taunt and his basic. The dude is darn near immortal. Because I've got speed mods on everyone and my Wiggs usually fires first, qgj is usually not a problem. I just slaughter him right Out of the Gate. PF's only weakness seems to be sun-fac. But let's be honest, everyone's weakness is Sun fac. It's just a good thing he's
    Still p2p.
    With PF's TM gain from a full rebel Squad, when he revives he gets a turn almost immediately in most cases giving himself another Buff.
    This toon is fantastic. With a full rebel team he is extraordinary.

B2, JKa.
    Buff immunity....
  • NotMatt
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm thinking he could be fun in a revive team. Paired with Daka, HK-47, Ewok Elder, Boba Fett.... and then someone to keep the buffs up.
  • Okay so I got my pathfinder lv 80 gear 9 and he is solid!
  • Whale has him at 3* maxed gear with and full omegas at rank 1 right now. He's obnoxious.
  • i like this guy in theory, I think his kit is useful, but how is going to be more helpful than StHan for a rebel team when there are several methods of dispelling taunt very quickly in pvp. It seems like he will just always be a old ben ... kill last and ignore after he does his special

StHan, even if he gets dispelled grants a huge immediate TM to the team. on a rebel team, biggs is the only one to call assists to even try to trigger "extra" tm bonuses
  • So the real strategy with this guy is his immortality. Get him in there with a fast, low HP AA and get AA killed after Tactical Genius. Then SRPF never stops reviving as long as you just basic attack with everyone.

Obviously a late GW trick at best. Hard to pull off in arena....
  • So the real strategy with this guy is his immortality. Get him in there with a fast, low HP AA and get AA killed after Tactical Genius. Then SRPF never stops reviving as long as you just basic attack with everyone.

Like other revives, he loses all buffs/debuffs each time. You'd be better off combining him with Leia and some more rebels so he always gets 100% TM on revive and shoots next to get OU.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    So the real strategy with this guy is his immortality. Get him in there with a fast, low HP AA and get AA killed after Tactical Genius. Then SRPF never stops reviving as long as you just basic attack with everyone.

Like other revives, he loses all buffs/debuffs each time. You'd be better off combining him with Leia and some more rebels so he always gets 100% TM on revive and shoots next to get OU.

He doesn't lose the Ackbar buff because it persists until he uses a special or Ackbar uses an ability.