Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Yea was wondering why sometimes things changed even when I didn't switch character position, thanks!

However, do note that CG is aware of the random seed changing and they'll probably patch this up soon.

• I had this happen to me this morning. 3rd battle was against Lvl 61 purple gear team. I'm at Lvl 52. Went through a ton of characters to beat it.
    Didn't have to much left to make it through the rest but did have some extremely easier matches after that
  • Hey guys,

I wanted to report on what dropped today. I also want to mention that when I first unlocked GW I kept track of all of my rewards until the day I completed it and they were always identical. This could still be rng but it would mean that I should have went to Vegas instead of playing that week!

Anyways I forgot that I was going to do this so I didn't keep track of the first few battles... sorry.

5) 34.5k, TD3 x2, GAM x1, WAM x1
    6) 39.5k, gem x3, TD2 x1 GAM x1, tokens 200
    7) 42.9k, TD2 x1, WAM x2
    8) 45.9k, TD2 x1 WAM x1, tokens 200
    9) 48.5k, gem x5 TD3 x1, TD4 x1 WAM x1,
    10) 50.8k, TD4 x1 PAM x1, WAM x1 tokens 200
    11) 52.9k, TD5 x1 PAM x1, WAM x1
    12) 54.8k, gem x10, TD5 x3 GAM x1, WAM x1, PAM x1, tokens 400, shard

Im sure you guys are correct, just putting this out there.
    Trentazoid
  • I noticed this yesterday too for the first time though I didn't know what caused it.

Not sure if they did anything with the mechanics (doubt it) or if I just never noticed or changed targets.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I thought everyone knew this....
  • Most people know about changing spots for a new RNG seed or altering the action sequence but I've not heard of target selection alone (without a different action being taken) changing the outcome.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • .. And this is why we can't have nice things. :/
  • If they fix this (and swapping around characters) changing the course of events we can always map out all of the attack sequences until we find an optimal one. There will always be a way for us to game the system so long as they let us retreat!
  • Depending on how they patch this I can already think of 3 potential ways to do the same thing. But why? GW is too easy, and knowing the sequence of events is far better than trying to get a good seed.
  • Now 50 tokens!? Did I miss something?
  • You probably already refreshed 2 times
  • It's still 10 for me?
  • Never noticed it increase before!? If that's the case just let the thread die and ive been stupid
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Since when do you have to pay to refresh? If so, then they are starting to go too far sucking money from players while also sucking the fun out of GW. At one time GW was the funnest thing about this game.
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Since when do you have to pay to refresh? If so, then they are starting to go too far sucking money from players while also sucking the fun out of GW. At one time GW was the funnest thing about this game.

Eh? They're talking about refreshing the option to purchase character shards. It's always been that way.
  • It goes 10,10,50...I'm sure it goes past 50, but I never paid past 10...abd I regret ever having refreshed.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    EM650 wrote: »

Eh? They're talking about refreshing the option to purchase character shards. It's always been that way.

My mistake. I thought that they were talking about the retreat button, which I could see EA doing.
  • Noticed something interesting as I made my way through today's Galactic War. Towards the last few battles, I realized that the reward crates were substantially better than they had been previously, culminating in 400 GW Tokens at only battle 10, and a whopping 800 GW Tokens, 2 shards and a whole bunch of other goodies at battle 12!

Is this a glitch or have they secretly made GW that much more rewarding in exchange for the tweak that angered so many players?
  • Huh. Doesn't seem that way since I got a buttload of tokens and upgraded a couple of abilities easily, but I'll check again when I plod through GW again tomorrow.
  • I completed it yesterday and din't notice anything, albeit having for first time a usedul shard (Poogle).

When did you complete Gw today? There was a server update around 5:30 ET.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I've had this happen and it's definitely a display error, sorry. Last half's crates are 200 tokens with the last being 400. I've had them all show double that several times, but when it adds into your total at the top you only get the proper amount.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Usually completing GW results in a total of 1,200 GW tokens in all per day.
  • Yeah, this is a known bug. I also think when you get multiple shards, you only get the last one of the two.
  • Finished GW about an hiur ago. 1200 credits total. Screen display bug here unfortunately.
  • And I was like, wow!
  • How are they determined?

I won my first 3 galactic war against very easy opponents. Today, I am having trouble 4 matches in.
  • Nobody knows.. i'm sorry..
  • ilyanor wrote: »
    Nobody knows.. i'm sorry..

It is known.
    Kesiss wrote: »
    How are they determined?

I won my first 3 galactic war against very easy opponents. Today, I am having trouble 4 matches in.

How well you perform in arena (your arena ranking when 'resetting' the GW) and your highest 5 power determine your GW opponents.

We don't know how either of those influence the GW seeding but that is as straight answer as it gets from devs.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Kesiss wrote: »
    How are they determined?

How well you perform in arena (your arena ranking when 'resetting' the GW) and your highest 5 power determine your GW opponents.

We don't know how either of those influence the GW seeding but that is as straight answer as it gets from devs.

Are you sure it is just the top 5? I keep getting opponents several levels below them and would appreciate more challenging GW. But maybe I should just try harder in the arena...