Suicide Squad

CronozNL
2869 posts Member
edited January 2016
Anyone saw the trailer and is excited yet?
Trailer doesn't say much but for some reason I like it. Also Will Smith is in my opinion a great actor. The Harley Quin character looks bad*** also.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPeGnhP_Vg]

Thoughts? :)
439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• No one is even slightly interested in seeing this? :)
  • Lol, I thought this thread was gonna be about Suicide Squads in GW instead, not the movie!! I'll definitely watch it, but too many good Comic-based Movies this year and I wouldn't even say it's top 3 at this point, haha.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Really?
    Also made this topic because of the GW suicide squads :P
    I think this one might be an underestimated movie. I saw the new X-men Apocalypse trailer and the Batman vs Superman which didn't impress me much.
    Might be that there are too many superhero movies (marvel DC) atm.
    This one looks like an anti hero movie and the acting from the trailer seems very good (Harley Quin and Will Smith).
  • I'd see it.
  • Looking forward to seeing it. Some crazy characters, those people.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm going to watch it regardless...but the trailer put me off a little. I didn't care for it.
  • @HavokTrigger
    Care for it like emotionally or the genre in general?
  • I'll watch it even though I prefer Marvel over DC. I am already familiar with Suicide Squad. Looks good. I am more interested in seeing Jared Leto's Joker than anyone else.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Aggropox me too! I read a lot of disliking already but he fascinates me as well. Especially in the teaser trailer. Let's hope it's more or less a mature film, it doesn't look like a family film and the director is known for some emotional and "shocking" other films. I don't care for gore or profanity but just some dark anti hero movie which makes you leave the cinema in awe. Not your typical marvel d/c movie style. Like kick-**** as best example I can come up with.
  • I think the step away from a more traditional Joker turned some off. Once people see the movie we will probably see more acceptance of it. It has a lot going for it right now, I think it well end up being a hit.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    @HavokTrigger
    Care for it like emotionally or the genre in general?

It's complicated. I didn't think the song fit well into the trailer and it was honestly kinda bland looking. DC is trying to make a big universe like Marvel and I just don't think it's going to work out.

Deadpool though....have you seen that trailer? Holy balls. I'll watch that movie for sure.
  • I believe Harley will be great
  • @HavokTrigger Ye Deadpool is one I'll also see. I actually liked the trailer music, gives a sort of Guardians of the Galaxy taste to it.
    What did you think after the teaser trailer? That music was very epic with the teasing scenes being shown. Especially the Joker which says: I'm gonna hurt you really, really, really bad :D
  • Pretty stoked about suicide squad but deadpool is where it's at in my opinion. Thank god that they were smart an made it rated R. If it had gone to pg-13 I doubt I would be planing to go watch it.. It wouldn't be called deadpool but kiddypool.. Off topic of what you had posted about but after reading the comments had to put my 2 cents in.
  • @00Evil_Lyn i agree. Gives it more of a raw edge. I dont get off on profanity but I'm fine if its not overused. Like I sa8d gives it a certain vibe which makes you leave the theatre in a certain way. Lets hope suicide squad gets same R rating.
  • @CronozNL true true. If it's over kill on the profanity it's just gonna get awkward lol. I've just read so much of deadpool that him and profanity almost go hand in hand with a dash of decency. Snap that just about killed me Lol putting the last part of that sentence together. Lmao Ok Ok decency isn't the right wording but that's all that came to mind.

Yes I'd hope that suicide squad gets the same rating. Pg-13 on a lot of action show always feels like there holding back too much. With this movie if they do it it would be a big flop in my eyes. The story would have to completely suck me to except it. Idk I've been reading my buddy's comics on it so my hopes of this movie are only raising..