is 6300 shard shop coin too expencive for a single piece of gear?

DameDawg
34 posts Member
edited September 2016

is 6300 shard shop coin too expencive for a single piece of gear? 41 votes

yes
87%
KameleonicbombbadassRobbathehuttFatzkeJonathan_Lynch1BoowallismasterZhilAxfowUltraDarkEdgeXDameDawgOlddumperUltimateSeaDogLittleSpankySilentwalkerChristopfobdad2my3RockstarElleMadaraBail_Writte 36 votes
no
9%
SamoBudoJackmonds3Cheers4TyrannySecondHor5eman 4 votes
what was the question again
2%
K_G0sling 1 vote

Replies

• Well it's a better deal than 300 for 2 shards.
  • what was the question again
    Distraction method to drain banked currency. Once the average savings fall low enough, they'll implement a new toon like Grievous. Not fooling me...I'll continue to save. *shakes fist to the sky*

• yes
    If you do the math, 252 for 3 pieces makes 50 of them 4200.... you're wasting 2100 currency than if you bought them in the 3 bundle a bunch of times.... so yeah
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    yes
    Most of my higher toons all need a MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace, that has been replaced out of regular Shipments with a MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller.

I have saved a tone of crystals for the Furnace and now have no idea what to get for it - it is available in Shard & Guild Shops - but the cost is ridiculous!!!

Thanks again for another screw over EA.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    yes
    If you do the math, 252 for 3 pieces makes 50 of them 4200.... you're wasting 2100 currency than if you bought them in the 3 bundle a bunch of times.... so yeah

Not 4200 currency for gear - actually 4199 - a little cheaper still, lol

Based on that I think 5,000 shard currency, because you are buying a full piece outright and not taking the longer path.

But 6,300 is really milking it.

I also agree with @K_G0sling that they are getting players focussed on gear and will release a new toon when stockpiles of shard currency drop - and he is smart to wait.

But, with EA moving around needed gear that you could get elsewhere - what choice do some of us have?

It is very manipulative that's for sure.
  • yes
    Shard shop is still a joke... and it shows since I've only come across Greivous like twice since he was released. That means NO ONE IS DUMB ENOUGH TO SPEND THE TIME TO GET HIM TO 7*. I mean look, I can see if everyone in your roster is already 7*, then you'd be racking up the shards faster, but most people are farming a bunch of guys and can't neglect all the other characters to take the MONTHS of time it would take to get Grievous. I haven't gotten a single shard of Grievous because eventually they'll make him farmable, and you'll just have to wait it out. The only good thing about Shard shop is that Vader shows up about once a week, which other than achievements, is the only way to get them. And the cost for gear in ALL the shops is a joke. EA is playing to all the whales out there that will spend whatever amount of money to stay on top... they don't care about the F2P guys.
  • yes
    Yeah it is. But like "they" say. Convenience CO$T$
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • yes
    I mean I hand him at 4 stars because of fleet shipments