The Lando problem

Replies

• KAULI wrote: »
    Thats a serious problem!
    If you are a low spender and you get a 4* non farmable character, you got nothing...
    Then why should a low spender buy any chromium?

Even a high spender couldn't max up a 4* chromium pull.

Hundreds of dollars would not be enough unless you were exceptionally lucky. More likely it would take thousands.

Thus system isn't just bad for low payers, it's bad for high payers. It's only good for absolutely MEGA payers.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    MackemSLAM wrote: »

Even a high spender couldn't max up a 4* chromium pull.

Hundreds of dollars would not be enough unless you were exceptionally lucky. More likely it would take thousands.

Thus system isn't just bad for low payers, it's bad for high payers. It's only good for absolutely MEGA payers.

I'm one of the exceptionally lucky ones. And have 7* a few chromium pulls. But I had a stretch where I was getting the same players and shards again and again .

I've stopped with chromium after I got my last one starred up Bc after it was all garbage. I'm guessing if I didn't get so lucky I woulda reached the thousand mark eventually
  • There's no rule forcing "low spenders" to purchase chromium packs, it's actually better to spend little bits on crystal refills daily to speed up whatever character you are farming.

Currently it takes only about $1500-2000 average to sit comfortably on 3-4 maxed epic chromium characters, half of that amount if you're comfortable using 6* squads which aren't as bad.
  • A decent compromise would be to have a max star item for those mid tier spenders, priced about 50usd (marvel future fight does something similar, but more expensive).

This way, small to mid tier spenders have great deals to look forward to, while your heavy spenders don't fill like they just been burnt when qui gon becomes a farmable in cantina. Reason why the shard conversion feature being worked on should demonstrate tiering of shards being converted I.e. An old Ben shard is not equal to an ewok shard.

Should f2p have every single character? I don't think so. But I do agree it should not cost thousands to max one character, while staring at the hundreds of extra kit fisto shards.
  • P2W here.

I've spent about $700 on this game. That includes Energy buys, Shipment refreshes, and Chromium pulls.

I have a 7* Leia (With 150 extra shards) 7* QGJ (+50), 7* Kit (+50), 5* Ben, and more than I want to name at 4*-5*

It doesn't cost thousands. I guarantee if you drop ONLY in the 100.00 packs, and open with the higher ratio of crystals, you'll see at least one 7* premium character by the $500 mark. Barring that, several 6*s

Most of you are NOT whales who are complaining about this. The business model is to make money.

That being said, I think premium shards ought to be tradeable for other premium shards. That would be incentive for every level to buy packs, as you will then be able to pick what characters you want to be 7* first, rather than it being a completely random lottery as it is now.

My 0.02credits
  • Perhaps trading extra shards (as in shards you collect after a character is 7 star) could be a way to "farm" Chromium only characters. You just have to make sure to be careful when coming up with the exchange rate.
  • can someone from team Instinct give their input on this and end this pointless thread lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3693/team-instinct-1-pvp-kingz#latest
  • garublador wrote: »
    Perhaps trading extra shards (as in shards you collect after a character is 7 star) could be a way to "farm" Chromium only characters. You just have to make sure to be careful when coming up with the exchange rate.

I think it should be available before 7*, personally. It wouldn't affect me much either way, But I can see the frustration with someone getting across the board drops when they want only a few specific characters from Premium. Not everyone is Ash Ketchum from a galaxy far, far away...
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    I understand that some characters will always be harder to get than others and they have to do something to encourage spending but I don't see why they couldn't rotate characters in shipments month to month, give us a chance at some of the harder to acquire heroes.

Some will probably always be chromium only like Maul, he's a hugely popular character that edgey kids will beg their parents to spend money for, but rotating some into the shipments would be nice.
  • So, you want for free, or cheaper, easier, what I had to bust my **** at work everyday to pay for? Is that what you're saying? What is going on in this world? Do we need another World War to strip some of you people of this sense of entitlement you seem to have been born with?

I can afford this stuff and I choose to buy it. I'm sorry you can't/won't, but that is your problem. Frankly, I would demand massive refunds if EA ever gave away for free any content I had to pay for.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    So, you want for free, or cheaper, easier, what I had to bust my **** at work everyday to pay for? Is that what you're saying? What is going on in this world? Do we need another World War to strip some of you people of this sense of entitlement you seem to have been born with?

I can afford this stuff and I choose to buy it. I'm sorry you can't/won't, but that is your problem. Frankly, I would demand massive refunds if EA ever gave away for free any content I had to pay for.

Free2play/Pay2win is unfair bro. We want fairness that's all.

Pretty impossible to compete with stuff like 7* Leia unless you have also spent $100's on the game and have your own.
  • Nothing in life is fair. Fairness is an illusion, a fairy tale for people who can't cope with how harsh and unforgiving reality actually is. The fact is this game doesn't have to be "fair". It just has to be profitable for EA....and it clearly is, in a big way.

As much you may love the game, you don't have to play it and EA doesn't owe it to anybody to make it more "fair" or "easier"

One more piece of harsh truth. EA doesn't care about about FTP players. They may claim to, but that's good public relations. They care about making money, the kind of money I, and millions of others spend on this game. This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

Sorry, just reality :(
  • Having a roster of more than 15 7*, I can assure most people that you will need to break the thousand dollar barrier for a strong top tier team. That, or your luck is incredibly insane. Good for you.

Kit fisto is a common for Chrome packs. Most spenders should have hundreds of extra shards. Most spenders don't use him as well. Along with cad bane and tarkin. At least in the current meta.

My point is, a lot of spenders have paid good money for their characters. "fairness" is never allowing f2p get any of that. That said, it would be nice for cg to work out a system that does eventually allow for premium characters to be farmable, but compensate their paying players with a VIP system to ease the acquisition of new characters.

Win win for all sides.
  • DarkHelmut wrote: »
    Nothing in life is fair. Fairness is an illusion, a fairy tale for people who can't cope with how harsh and unforgiving reality actually is. The fact is this game doesn't have to be "fair". It just has to be profitable for EA....and it clearly is, in a big way.

As much you may love the game, you don't have to play it and EA doesn't owe it to anybody to make it more "fair" or "easier"

One more piece of harsh truth. EA doesn't care about about FTP players. They may claim to, but that's good public relations. They care about making money, the kind of money I, and millions of others spend on this game. This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

Sorry, just reality :(

Well said! Could not agree with you more
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    A game is supposed to be test of skill not of who has the deepest pockets.

And I don't think they need to compensate you you've already benefitted you got the stuff way faster.
  • can someone from team Instinct give their input on this and end this pointless thread lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3693/team-instinct-1-pvp-kingz#latest

Hi there EwokRampage from teaminstinct here! I have spent thousands and many of my teammates have spent much much more then me. Here is my input after studying this game for the past two months. If you are f2p don't waste gems on chromium packs. Just steadfastly farm the team you want.

Let me repeat this so all can hear, you can get the best team in the game using free to play characters. Will it take a long long time absolutely but it is possible. My team now is Sid, fotp, Rey, geo soldier, Poe. All obtainable without spending a cent. I have been 1 in my pvp bracket since game release. To everyone complaining about chromium characters like Leia and qui gon are necessary I say they are absolutely not. Just use my team or if you want a quicker 1 team use Poe and droids. There is a guy who uses Poe and droids maxed out that takes my spot some times. So there it is two teams all f2p that can be number 1. This is case closed folks.
  • SWHS wrote: »

And I don't think they need to compensate you you've already benefitted you got the stuff way faster.

Another fantasy. You think EA embraced the micro transaction model for this game because they want to test our skill? EA is in the money making business. You want to test your skill, play darts. I want to have fun and I do.

So, if on Monday 12 people by a BMW for $75,000 and the next day, without warning, BMW starts giving them away for free because poor people or people who don't want to spend $75 grand, complained. You think that's reasonable to the people that actually paid for their cars, paid for the right to have a superior, premium, car?

If this game was "fair" to ftp players, why would I or anyone else ever spend a dime?

• SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Yea f2p works for sure, you can even get number 1, you don't have many options though...

I understand that spending more money should get people stuff much faster and maybe even get them some exclusives but its dumb to just have the same set of toons always be the farmable set. Rotate! Inject some variety into the game for goodness sake!

Isn't this standard in most f2p games anyways? The free heroes change on a regular basis. Why aren't they doing it here?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    A possibility could be that some no de could give you shards slowly for s character you alresdy own. This way, if you unlock Lando with a chromium pack, you can keep farming him. But you need to spend a bit and get him first, so be is not pure f2p and big spenders still have a reason to do so.

The other option is lower level spenders keep spending in refills or bundles like I do. Currently only 3 kind of people buy chromium: big spenders with 1000$ or more, people who haven't realized how it works, and insane people.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    A possibility could be that some no de could give you shards slowly for s character you alresdy own. This way, if you unlock Lando with a chromium pack, you can keep farming him. But you need to spend a bit and get him first, so be is not pure f2p and big spenders still have a reason to do so.

The other option is lower level spenders keep spending in refills or bundles like I do. Currently only 3 kind of people buy chromium: big spenders with 1000$ or more, people who haven't realized how it works, and insane people.

Adding the characters to shipments permanently is imo a better idea, as it will keep the advantage to paying players, but also enable f2p and low spenders to access it.
  • SWHS wrote: »

Most modern freemium games have vip system to compensate paying players for their initial investment. You're fooling yourself if you believe this was some other kind of game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    So, you want for free, or cheaper, easier, what I had to bust my **** at work everyday to pay for? Is that what you're saying? What is going on in this world? Do we need another World War to strip some of you people of this sense of entitlement you seem to have been born with?

Get ready for it because the pattern of these games is that eventually they'll make the current pool of exclusive toons farmable and release new exclusive toons in their place.

I'm a p2w player too and you absolutely sound as entitled as the people who are demanding things for free.
  • I don't want anyone to have something for free that I had to pay for. It's got nothing to do with getting something faster or sooner. There are plenty of free toons to level up to compete with me, it's just going to take you longer because you refuse to spend.

If you're not going to spend like me then you're not entitled to compete with me until you've maxed out some free toons.

My seven star Darth Maul cost me a fortune. I didn't farm him because he is powerful, I farmed him because I love Darth Maul and I HAD to have him. I freely admit it. Being fair to ftp players means being unfair to ptp players who fund this game and that makes no logical business sense

No free Lando for you! Come back one year. :wink:
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    I don't want anyone to have something for free that I had to pay for. It's got nothing to do with getting something faster or sooner. There are plenty of free toons to level up to compete with me, it's just going to take you longer because you refuse to spend.

If you're not going to spend like me then you're not entitled to compete with me until you've maxed out some free toons.

My seven star Darth Maul cost me a fortune. I didn't farm him because he is powerful, I farmed him because I love Darth Maul and I HAD to have him. I freely admit it. Being fair to ftp players means being unfair to ptp players who fund this game and that makes no logical business sense

No free Lando for you! Come back one year. :wink:

Since you seem to like talking about how life is so much and how we shouldn't expect things to be fair here's another fact for you: things get cheaper over time.

All those people who line up to buy the newest iPhone right when it comes out, other people get it cheaper later. And apple will just release another one next year anyhow. Those first day buyers don't get their money back when the price drops or a new model comes out.

You get have 7* Darth Maul before everyone else but your crazy if you think others won't get him eventually for less.
  • DarkHelmut
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That's ****. I work for everything I have and I cry to no one for handouts. Entitlement is expecting things for free or little to no work.

Even they do as you say, people will still have to painstakingly farm the shards to seven stars. I'd be ok with that if it's six months or more after I paid for them.

• I'm cool with people getting them much later.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    I'm cool with people getting them much later.

Well that's pretty much certain to happen it's just a question of how they go about it.

I think they should rotate some chromium exclusives into the shipments for a month or so.
  • I posted this idea for extra shards a while ago and hope the implement it - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/50083#Comment_50083

Essentially take up Hearthstones model. Let us use extra character shards towards unlocking other characters.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Munkie wrote: »
    I posted this idea for extra shards a while ago and hope the implement it - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/50083#Comment_50083

Essentially take up Hearthstones model. Let us use extra character shards towards unlocking other characters.

Honestly making this game more similar to hearthstone can only be good I think. Hearthstone economy is quite fair and the game has obviously been a huge success for Blizzard.

Hi there EwokRampage from teaminstinct here! I have spent thousands and many of my teammates have spent much much more then me. Here is my input after studying this game for the past two months. If you are f2p don't waste gems on chromium packs. Just steadfastly farm the team you want.

Let me repeat this so all can hear, you can get the best team in the game using free to play characters. Will it take a long long time absolutely but it is possible. My team now is Sid, fotp, Rey, geo soldier, Poe. All obtainable without spending a cent. I have been 1 in my pvp bracket since game release. To everyone complaining about chromium characters like Leia and qui gon are necessary I say they are absolutely not. Just use my team or if you want a quicker 1 team use Poe and droids. There is a guy who uses Poe and droids maxed out that takes my spot some times. So there it is two teams all f2p that can be number 1. This is case closed folks.

Who would be the 5th character in the droids + poetry team? Poggle?