I been using my SIMs wrong !!!

Xhere
80 posts Member
edited September 2016
Clicking my possible rewards on INT Challenge I notice the items I needed are in the lower tier challenges.... and I may be the only one that didnt notice it...

My typical move is to scroll far right and hit the SIM button on the highest tier challenge and assuming the reward will always benefit me more by doing the harder challenge.

Im sitting here with over 1000x items I dont need from my INT challenge and I notice the items I have been trying to get are sitting on the lower tier challenges. Hopefully I helped someone out there that didnt do what I did for longest time... thinking the far right INT challenge tier is the best choice for me *click* SIM.

Replies

• This is a head scratcher. You are definitely not alone in this
  • This is a head scratcher. You are definitely not alone in this

So I need mk5 power cell salavge and its sitting at the 2nd row in INT challenge and I get possible 6 instead of 5 in the 3rd row.

I been hitting SIM on the far right row always... fml
  • Psst. Droid caller too..
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The AGI challenge you have to choose between mk3 callers or mk6 syringes. I need alot of both :(
    I never understood why people always called the challenges useless, all 3 have atleast 1 gear that i always seem to run out of.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Unimatrix wrote: »
    Psst. Droid caller too..

Omg yes. Wow I feel dumb for wasting SIM and challnges. I been farming the lower blue items manually with energy for months!!!
  • Naw dude. U will easily get more of the thingies from tier 3 than u need. Just do it a bit and u will be fine.

When the cap is lifted, u will probably need the mk8 electro binocular thingies from tier 4. I do tier 4 whenever I have more than 200 of the tier 3 thingamabobs.
  • Thankfully I knew this for a long time. Also for the other challenges. Whenever I have more than 100 of each of the items of the highest tier I drop two tiers, because Tier II has a possibility of getting 6 of the item not in the tier IV while tier III only possibly 5
  • A few threads on this topic in the past

ideally the next tier of challenge should pull everything from the previous challenges plus any new gear it's irritating that it doesn't in all honesty
  • KingPin wrote: »
    A few threads on this topic in the past

ideally the next tier of challenge should pull everything from the previous challenges plus any new gear it's irritating that it doesn't in all honesty

But wouldn't that just dilute the possibility of getting the gear you want?

I just realized this fairly recently also. Now I always look to see if anything is needed. I still run into scenarios where I have tons of all the gear offered though. I'd love to see a higher tier level for these, that would perhaps include things like the stun cuffs that people need.
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Thankfully I knew this for a long time. Also for the other challenges. Whenever I have more than 100 of each of the items of the highest tier I drop two tiers, because Tier II has a possibility of getting 6 of the item not in the tier IV while tier III only possibly 5

They say you can get up to 6 in T2, but have you ever actually gotten 6? I tried this for a while until I noticed I actually get more gear in T3. Never get max gear in T2.
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Thankfully I knew this for a long time. Also for the other challenges. Whenever I have more than 100 of each of the items of the highest tier I drop two tiers, because Tier II has a possibility of getting 6 of the item not in the tier IV while tier III only possibly 5

They say you can get up to 6 in T2, but have you ever actually gotten 6? I tried this for a while until I noticed I actually get more gear in T3. Never get max gear in T2.

Can anyone verify this... cause if its true ill be using SIM on tier 3.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    Naw dude. U will easily get more of the thingies from tier 3 than u need. Just do it a bit and u will be fine.

When the cap is lifted, u will probably need the mk8 electro binocular thingies from tier 4. I do tier 4 whenever I have more than 200 of the tier 3 thingamabobs.

Palp gobbles those thingies up
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • evanbio wrote: »
    KingPin wrote: »
    A few threads on this topic in the past

But wouldn't that just dilute the possibility of getting the gear you want?

I just realized this fairly recently also. Now I always look to see if anything is needed. I still run into scenarios where I have tons of all the gear offered though. I'd love to see a higher tier level for these, that would perhaps include things like the stun cuffs that people need.

What I meant was existing quantities + anything new offered in the new tier shouldnt have to decide between lower end gear and high end gear it's yet another wall to slow progress
  • On a long enough timeline, you will need more of pretty much every item they give you. Your sim is not wasted. Better than the people that stop doing them because they think they have enough, lol.
  • Xhere wrote: »
    IvoB1987 wrote: »

Can anyone verify this... cause if its true ill be using SIM on tier 3.

Yes in me. I rarely got 5 let alone 6, Usually 2-3. Got 4 if i'm feeling super lucky.

You better doing T3
  • Tank challenge, no one... Literally no one... Uses the end tier items. It's baffling that they have us farming gear no one needs
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Tank challenge, no one... Literally no one... Uses the end tier items. It's baffling that they have us farming gear no one needs

@Toukai Datamined rumor has it that you will need a boatload of those Mk 8 binocs to gear up to XII in the future. So it might not be a bad idea to stockpile a thousand of them if you plan to stick around a while.
  • @EventineElessedil
    Yea I saw that rumor too. I already have 1.5k of them
  • Toukai wrote: »
    @EventineElessedil
    Yea I saw that rumor too. I already have 1.5k of them

So King Elessedil so i shouldn't stop farming the INT challenge? I always buy purples in shipments even when i dont need them but the balance of what they give us extra is all out of wack. Yea i would love a bunch of free purples for g12 but dang i gotta go thru g7,8,9 n 10 b4 then. I wish they would fix certain challanges to reflect the current meta cuz alot of resources go to waist unused. Simple Economics, when u tip well people give it back in spades in this case there more inclined to spend money but obviously its gotta be balanced or everything goes out of wack. Legends of Shannara.