Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Will pvp tournaments be like they were in your dragon age game? Run for 2 or 3 days and give certsan bonuses to specific factions?
  • Repackaging arena as PvP tournament and calling it new. Can't wait.
    Bye Forums.
  • I can see a lot of use out of ships. You can have them a the first thing to come out during battle, and then the rest of the team pop out after the ship is destroyed (or vice versa). They could also add ship abilities similar to leader abilities. Such as the Tie Fighter increases Potency of Empire characters.
  • Where's R2?

gk7nk026v3py.gif
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • I feel like ships will become just another grind like mods, nonetheless I'm stoked for PvP tournaments :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Will pvp tournaments be like they were in your dragon age game? Run for 2 or 3 days and give certsan bonuses to specific factions?

I would imagine so
  • I wonder if ships can really be everything they *could be?

The last I heard this was them in a nutshell..
    6j3t6d.gif/spoiler]

:)

I might be a little excited by this turn of events!
  • Sounds like how Heroes of Dragon Age (CG's other game that I played for 2 years) does their PVP.
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Sounds like how Heroes of Dragon Age (CG's other game that I played for 2 years) does their PVP.

Care to elaborate for those of us that havent? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The cynicism on here is really sad. All of this is good and awesome news. Please try to enjoy it.
  • Just give the 1st place pvp award to the 12 node team in GW
  • Fury77
    252 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    In Dragon age, they ran tournys, lasted I think a few days.

Different factions had different buffs. I.e., scoundrels get +50% health, or dmg. they'd pair it, like light side health, dark side dmg. etc.

I also seem to remember easter egg bonuses like 1 star character getting 1000% buffs.

They Def kept it interesting
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    More info on PVP Tournaments next week.

As for the Tank Takedown Raid (AAT Raid), it's not gone. The team is doing some additional work on it to make sure it's top notch :)

Thank you Jesse. I thought the "swept under the rug" comment was out of line and is the kind of attitude that really brings these forums down. This game has been fantastic lately and appears to be getting even better. Keep it up. I'm having a ton of fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hoping the tournament has some interesting changes to the current pvp setup.

Ships, yay!!!
  • I for one am excited about these new features. While more info on the new raid would be nice, at least we have a definitive timespan for SOMETHING. Surely that can't be bad.
  • PVP is the thing I like the least in any game. I have never understood why people like it so much. I am sure I will try it but I doubt I will really care much about it. More intrigued with the ships thing. I want a new raid and any new char in GW shipments.
  • No timespan: "we'll tell you more next week". i.e. Community Update
    The raid you've been collecting and prepping for? Sometime.
    In the meantime, stun cuffs....
  • I don't think they are repackaging arena. I'd be **** if arena died.
  • Rarlie wrote: »
    No timespan: "we'll tell you more next week". i.e. Community Update
    The raid you've been collecting and prepping for? Sometime.
    In the meantime, stun cuffs....

I am working in the outer rims in the salt mines... Mining for stun cuffs.
  • CapnnRex wrote: »
    PVP is the thing I like the least in any game. I have never understood why people like it so much. I am sure I will try it but I doubt I will really care much about it. More intrigued with the ships thing. I want a new raid and any new char in GW shipments.

Problem is PVP is not realtime... when you pvp, you face someone elses squad... but the the computer (AI) controls the squad... the only real control you have over your squad (when someone challenges you) is setting the lead toon, selecting which four will have the best synergy with the lead toon, the gear they have.. and ultimately... the Mods... this type of pvp totally removes the human psyche element ... which is one of the key elements of making pvp exciting... you cant show off your poker face!!!
  • Umm, they are biting off more then they can chew. Still waiting for tank raid from mid August update, Still waiting for Omega battles from last update. Now your going to roll out a new event and ships? I think they should fix their past failures before creating a bunch of new ones.
  • We need a new raid in a BAD BAD way!
    They teased R2-D2 and the new raid months ago and now we get ships and PVP? I'm open to new things but we need a new raid.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    They are still tuning and making the raid perfect

EDIT: people always complained that devs don't test releases (see initial release of mods) and now they are taking the time and effort to do so
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I truly hope some character balance fixes come out along with the new pvp tournament. It would be cool to have a larger selection of viable toons. Examples: Tarkin need more aoe damage and base speed, maul, boba, others need a rework. (Maul+savage synergy needs to happen yesterday to the same level of Wiggs). Kylo Ren could use more damage. I can go on. Let's get a real incentive to go back and gear/level those unused toons.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They are still tuning and making the raid perfect

EDIT: people always complained that devs don't test releases (see initial release of mods) and now they are taking the time and effort to do so

And releasing new, likely untested content instead...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • HOLY YESSSS!! "turn head slowly to stare at the credit card"
    Res non verba
  • There are little shadows for two additional raids just as there's a shadow for ships, and I am guessing PvP tourney will be either an event or a sub heading of PvP arena since the other far left shadow thing is probably SHIPments.
  • Great updates! I've been a critic early on and it peaked after the initial implementation of mods. I like how mods were revised (despite not having a viable mod management page) and the updates from that point on. I really think leadership learned their lesson with impementation of new features. Congrats once again and I'm sure you take most things said with a grain of salt as there were a few posts I read are obviously just complainers that will cry about anything.
  • obi1j wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    More info on PVP Tournaments next week.

As for the Tank Takedown Raid (AAT Raid), it's not gone. The team is doing some additional work on it to make sure it's top notch :)

Thank you Jesse. I thought the "swept under the rug" comment was out of line and is the kind of attitude that really brings these forums down. This game has been fantastic lately and appears to be getting even better. Keep it up. I'm having a ton of fun.

No you're outta line! Sorry I try to make a joke about mentioning raids for months then get ships and no info about the raid. Didn't know we were such a sensitive group. I am very stoked for new content and the job everyone is doing.

#highfivesandnucksallaround
This discussion has been closed.