Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    They are still tuning and making the raid perfect

EDIT: people always complained that devs don't test releases (see initial release of mods) and now they are taking the time and effort to do so

Maybe, but your guessing.
  • Bros... How can you release ships and not have "THE OUTRIDER!?" Such a boss ship. Speaking of, battlefield has bossk! Forget his ships name but I'm liking where this is heading... Get stoked.
  • CapnnRex wrote: »
    PVP is the thing I like the least in any game. I have never understood why people like it so much. I am sure I will try it but I doubt I will really care much about it. More intrigued with the ships thing. I want a new raid and any new char in GW shipments.

I'm with you on this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    As long as it doesnt come in the next week so i can get the remaining Han Solo shards i need to 7*
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    PVP is the thing I like the least in any game. I have never understood why people like it so much. I am sure I will try it but I doubt I will really care much about it. More intrigued with the ships thing. I want a new raid and any new char in GW shipments.

I normally really like PvP in games. But, this game is far from giving that same feeling. So! While we may have opposing views on PvP, we're in the same boat for this game. Woo!

Very curious on how ships turn out and their purpose. And, the cantina will feel complete without the placeholders. Woo

Edit: Just to make it clear, I didn't mean for this to be any kind of critique or anything on the Arena or the upcoming Tournaments.
  • DrNocard
    356 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If it's like heroes of dragon age tournaments, they will pit p2p against p2p and f2p against f2p in their own brackets based on your purchase history. Hope they don't do that.
  • DrNocard wrote: »
    If it's like heroes of dragon age tournaments, they will pit p2p against p2p and f2p against f2p in their own brackets based on your purchase history. Hope they don't do that.

That would be ugly.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Can't say I'm all that interested in (more) PVP but as long as it's not another snipe-fest it might be fun. Really looking forward to ships though! Especially if it is a prelude to deeper/more diverse content and not just another daily farming table.

Nice to hear the next raid is getting the i's dotted and t's crossed. Better waiting months and have it released in top form than having it next week and needing months of fixes to see it righted.

Any tease on who the next Rogue One character will be?
  • Stoked for ships. Fuels the "need new content" hunger at just the right time.

Don't care about tourneys at all. At least, not until I have an understanding about how they'll work. Arena is a hot mess of he/she who has the most speed wins, and I doubt that will change with tourneys.

Interested in hearing if there will be any form of an anniversary celebration/event, as that date is coming up soon.

And uh...yeah. Keep testing that raid. Can't wait for it, but I'm glad there's effort being put in to making it smooth.

- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • They developed a new AI for the pvp tournament, they called it Skynet
  • Currently, SWGoH doesn't have true PVP; to be player versus player it has to be... well, a player versus a player and NOT a player versus a compluter using a player's squad.

Anytime you face an A.I. opponent, it properly referred to as player versus environment (PVE).

Soooo, before anyone trashes PVP tournaments being the same thing as Arena, keep in mind 1.) it's not, 2.) you dont understand the terms you are using (so stop), and 3.) just give it a chance already.

Also, whoever says "work on blah blah blah before you release blah blah blah" probably has no knowledge about how a software/game development team functions. 99% of the time, what gets developed when is dictated by external forces which the developer team has little or no control.

Consider this; coding the new raid likely took hundreds of hours of programming. The developers who wrote this program were hired by EA/CG so people would play the game and spend money. No new raid means no money as planned, just wasted labor hours writing code that doesn't work. No money and wasted labor means an unhappy boss. The repercussions of an unhappy boss are obvious.

Everyone wants the new raid to happen. There isn't any reason for anyone to hold it back unless it were absolutely necessary. If it were a matter of "oh hey guys let's work on the new raid today", I am sure they would do it. But it isn't like that. Just be happy new stuff is coming (and enjoy it).
  • With all the new updates coming, we could use a double drop weekend on all items soon.
  • Zyron
    135 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    When they say we get the update next week, or more infos next week. Do they mean next week in 2016 or 2017?
  • Do I get partial credit for thinking up something similar back in April? ;)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/27235/new-mode-a-letter-to-the-developer#latest

Very excited! Can't wait to see the mechanics of how the tourney will work!
  • Nerf ships
  • I love X-Wings so that would be a neat feature, IF I CAN GET INTO THE GAME!!!! I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY SINCE THE EIGHTH!! My connection is fine, I have been in contact with and tried everything suggested by the help center but NOTHING WORKS. I keep getting the Error Code 3.0 message while the cantina is loading.
  • Unless they're actually adding true "player vs player" how is a tournament even possible?

I suspect these tournaments will resemble another GW mode than an actual tournament. Everyone having their own individual "tournament"

Not trying to be negative or anything, just genuinely curious how it's even possible to have tournaments. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>
  • As to the timing, assumingly the update will go live in August, right?
  • No one suspects the new raid will come out around the same time we start leveling to 90?

Didn't the Rancor come out when we were leveling to 80?

I'm glad things are developing a little more slow and steady, and am looking forward to more new features!

As a side note, as the end-game players progress further and further into new features and whatnot, I hope measures are being taken to allow new players to catch up a little faster - this can all seem overwhelming at first, and when I try to get friends to join this game, they have to spend many months catching up to a reasonable point, and give up.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    It's very possible to have live multiplayer in a mobile game, just look at FF Möbius. I really hope this means that guilds can have their own tournaments too.
  • tuli wrote: »
    ship parts might become the new gear crunch.

+1 to your comment.....every update has a secret.....and what you said might be right
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Where's R2?

gk7nk026v3py.gif

So what you're saying is, R2 will become activated as soon as we get Jedi/Rebel Luke?
  • Very nice!
    Will the pvp tournament involve the guild? As in more like a guild war? Otherwise yes, sounds like an arena rehash as others noted already.
    Let's see how ships are introduced. Maybe the most awaited feature in any case.
  • Fitz wrote: »
    Very nice!
    Will the pvp tournament involve the guild? As in more like a guild war? Otherwise yes, sounds like an arena rehash as others noted already.
    Let's see how ships are introduced. Maybe the most awaited feature in any case.

I feel like Guild Wars should be called "Skirmishes" or something along those lines.
  • Great news, thx devs!
    Everyone get their motivators ready to roll ^^
  • So, bit of speculation as to which (if any?) existing characters will qualify as "pilots".....

My money is on - Boba Fett (Slave 1), Wedge Antilles (Red 2), Biggs Darklighter (Red 3), Han Solo - the raid version (Millenium Falcon), First Order Tie Pilot (TIE Fighter!). Perhaps Poe Dameron as Black Leader? Or maybe a new toon for him? Not forgetting the generic Resistance Pilot of course...

Or will we even NEED pilots - will it just be collecting ships like we do toons right now?

Hummm....!
  • DashRendar wrote: »
    We're just gonna give you ships and sweep this raid thing under the rug.

#nothingtoseeherefolks

Still stoked for new content.
    +1....
This discussion has been closed.