Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Please don't tell me I have a gear 10 Ugnaught for nothing :smile:
  • But have they confirmed that the update will be released this year? 2016?
  • So will ships be their own type of toon, or will characters like Han, Vader, Luke, will automatically fly their iconic ships when selected for ship battles?
  • Ships. We are working on them for release in 2025 ;)
  • id hate to be Dev for this game lol can you imagine trying to please all of us lol they must all have grey hairs lol

Why grey hairs? Don't we get a choice? I don't spend all my time on this game to not get a say about what color the devs' hair will turn. I demand customizable dev hair in the next update or I'm quitting. For reals. I think I've earned/deserved it.

They dont really care.
  • Pvp really? If there be a real-time PvP, i should gear up Han Solo now...
  • I'm on the toilet reading this and when I read ships, I let it flow out of me :blush:
  • luisgin wrote: »
    I'm on the toilet reading this and when I read ships, I let it flow out of me :blush:

Attaboy
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    Forgive me for living under a rock but what does "ships" mean?
    latest?cb=20080319133529
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Hope we need pilot toons to use ships.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ships are finally coming!! I've been waiting for this for so long, I know it's still going to be months away but still it's coming. Starships and space battles has always been my favorite part of Star Wars so this super exciting. I'm hoping for it to be a whole new roster of characters to unlock and gear with its own pseudo arena and GW, and not some dumb guild thing with only a handful of ships for space raids or something.

My Starship wishlist for this upcoming expansion would be; Tie Defender, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber, Lambda Class Shuttle, and Ye-4 Gunship. Obviously Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber are a given and Lamda should be but I wouldn't be surprised. Ye-4 Gunship would be a stretch but if they're wanting a full roster with diverse ships they'll need a gunship for each faction. Rebels are guaranteed one anyway with the B-Wing. And Tie Defender is why it's a wishlist and not a ship request list, I love that ship design but it's purely legends material now.

So who else is super excited and has their own wishlist, key word being wish. It's too soon to request or try to determine which ships will make it into the game.
  • -Slave 1 (Fett's ship)
    -Jedi Starfighter (From EP 3)
    -Scimitar (Maul's Ship)
    -Executor (Vader's flagship super star destroyer)
    -Ghost (from Rebels)
    -Ebon Hawk (KOTOR)
  • Umm. All valid desires, but I have 2 words. Millennium Falcon
  • With the round radar dish please and thank you.
  • Korgan1999 wrote: »
    Umm. All valid desires, but I have 2 words. Millennium Falcon

I got 2 better words: Death Star

But pls fix the exhaust port exploit :)
  • If they keep honest to the roots of the *hard sims* of Classic X-Wing and TIE Fighter ... THey will stike a home run.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Korgan1999 wrote: »
    Umm. All valid desires, but I have 2 words. Millennium Falcon

I got 2 better words: Death Star

^^ This.
  • I love the news about ships! Great!

But I don't like tournaments... hope it won't be another **** we are forced to do daily with cheater ai with unobtainable overwise gear :(
  • I always love x-wing, and star destroyer :) I would also would love to have tie defender :)

• I got 2 better words: Death Star

Completely overlooked the hyperdrive capabilities of the Death Star. I am uncertain if it would be classified as a star ship or mobile space station. The Sun Crusher (from Legends) would be nifty as well. If I recall correctly, it can withstand the kyber crystal powered superlaser from the Death Star. Too bad it is so completely ugly.

• I'd be pretty happy with any & all ships from the OT. Any others is gravy.

And of the OT - my personal favorites are the X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, and TIE Interceptor.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • I'm not. I have no desire to see an X-Wing or Darwin forbid, a Super Star Destroyer at the same holo table as individual characters. It will just feel wrong and cheesy to me.

I'm hoping they will be a completely separate game mode.

That I could handle (by not bothering to partake).
  • How about not being a pessimist from the get go? Give it a chance before it's even released. I hope it's a new and different game mode that will make us utilize Pilot characters - Biggs, Wedge, Resitsnce Pilot, FOTP, JKA, Vader, Raid Han, etc.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    How about not being a pessimist from the get go?

Because EA has done so well rolling out new content? My pessimism has been well earned at this point.

• I've got 4 words

Half completed deaf star
  • MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Naboo fighter for the win!

Piloted by Anakin and comes with free padme and Darth jar jar
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>

It's ok. Some of us really want to hang out and buy you a beer for all your awesomeness.
  • Lando's AoE will wreck all of these too :tongue:
  • Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>

I chuckled over the spoiler Bentwookie. Just because no one commented on it doesn't mean it wasn't noticed or appreciated. As you can tell from my post count I'm more of a lurker than a poster, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you guys do (and have to go through some times.)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>

It's ok. Some of us really want to hang out and buy you a beer for all your awesomeness.

+1.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
This discussion has been closed.