Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• I wouldn't get too excited yet. They showed the separatist droid raid trailer over 2 months ago and it's still not here.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    How about not being a pessimist from the get go?

Because EA has done so well rolling out new content? My pessimism has been well earned at this point.

You always have an option of not playing the game. Just enjoy what they bring to the table.
  • General1Grevious
    128 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey @EA_Jesse can we get a word on where Scarif Rebel Pathfinder farming spots will be, I really want him to be my 5th rebel.
  • Isn't there still data mined ship info? That'll at least give us a heads up.
  • The new PvAI tournaments sound great.

Will the ships be on the same holotables as the individual characters? I really hope not...

Not very excited about ships so I hope they are their own gameplay mode....

• I wonder if ships can really be everything they *could be?

The last I heard this was them in a nutshell..
    6j3t6d.gif/spoiler]

:)

I might be a little excited by this turn of events!

Will these particular pilots be farmable in the Cantina?
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »

You always have an option of not playing the game. Just enjoy what they bring to the table.

Not everything that is brought to the table is enjoyable. As a paying customer I have the right to give my feedback, and my feedback is I enjoy the current holotables with individual characters and don't want to see ships mucking it up.
  • Ships? Ships :)
  • I'm very excited about ships, but I was imagining the ships as being in a seperate mode, with your individual characters at most being able to "pilot" (aka boost stats/abilities of ships) in the ship mode.

If ships are joining the fight of individual toons fighting eachother...yeah, I can see how that could be cheesy. I doubt that is how ships will operate though. We shall see!
  • Corjo3 wrote: »
    I'm very excited about ships, but I was imagining the ships as being in a seperate mode, with your individual characters at most being able to "pilot" (aka boost stats/abilities of ships) in the ship mode.

If ships are joining the fight of individual toons fighting eachother...yeah, I can see how that could be cheesy. I doubt that is how ships will operate though. We shall see!

Hope you are right.
  • Needs to be ship vs ship battles - to activate a ship you need its pilot at 7*. Pilot's gear plays a part in the ships stats, but the ship needs to be independently geared as toons do. Luckily, G8-G11 for ships drops from the AAT tank raid, so that's that taken care of!

Ran away with myself a bit there ;-)
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Needs to be ship vs ship battles - to activate a ship you need its pilot at 7*. Pilot's gear plays a part in the ships stats, but the ship needs to be independently geared as toons do. Luckily, G8-G11 for ships drops from the AAT tank raid, so that's that taken care of!

Ran away with myself a bit there ;-)

Good thoughts. I can see it working this way.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »

Not everything that is brought to the table is enjoyable. As a paying customer I have the right to give my feedback, and my feedback is I enjoy the current holotables with individual characters and don't want to see ships mucking it up.

I know but I hope everything you don't want to happen happens :)
    This is a new thing added to the game. We don't know if it will be good or not, tough or easy. All i know is i'm excited to at least try it out.

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Nerf Death Star and star destroyer.

Said it first
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • So.... Ig-2000, hounds tooth, slave 1, the punishing one, x wing, y wing, a wing, b wing, tie, tie interceptor, tie 1-x, headhunters, mist hunter, falcon, tie punisher, tie bomber, tie defender (my favorite), tie striker, tie phantom... the possibilities are endless.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    No one suspects the new raid will come out around the same time we start leveling to 90?

Didn't the Rancor come out when we were leveling to 80?

I'm glad things are developing a little more slow and steady, and am looking forward to more new features!

As a side note, as the end-game players progress further and further into new features and whatnot, I hope measures are being taken to allow new players to catch up a little faster - this can all seem overwhelming at first, and when I try to get friends to join this game, they have to spend many months catching up to a reasonable point, and give up.

Friends don't let friends try mobile drugs.
  • That's one heck of a mic drop @EA_Jesse!

Color me hyped! Y'all are doing a great job with the game! And as far as the raid goes, take your time!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I truly hope some character balance fixes come out along with the new pvp tournament. It would be cool to have a larger selection of viable toons. Examples: Tarkin need more aoe damage and base speed, maul, boba, others need a rework. (Maul+savage synergy needs to happen yesterday to the same level of Wiggs). Kylo Ren could use more damage. I can go on. Let's get a real incentive to go back and gear/level those unused toons.

Completely agree.
  • They did say reworks are happening on reddit, but not any time soon.

BTW, will Plo be a viable pilot?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • My question is will I have to play with the ships in order to finish the dailies? If so, how many battles will be required?
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    Nerf Death Star and star destroyer.

Said it first

LOL
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    pac0naut wrote: »
    They did say reworks are happening on reddit, but not any time soon.

BTW, will Plo be a viable pilot?

Seems to me that the reworks would be more important in priority if you want people to expand their rosters for a PVP tournament. We don't know what the details of the tournament are yet but if they don't address the balance issues, there are really only 10 ish total characters in top end competion.

Edit brought to you by the department of redundancy department.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>

You get an A for effort though! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Brownie wrote: »
    I dont know how we get ships but I bet it will somehow use cantina energy...
    Oh god tell me we won't have to farm ship shards like chars as I have no interest in doing that at all. Don't tell me someone can put a ship against my team & kill them all? Not liking the sound of this limited info at all.

• I'd be more excited for updates that we are asking for. PVP tournaments -1 in my opinion. What is the arena for if we having rankings and prizes awards for rank? Sounds like a bad idea from developers who don't know what they are doing and just want to make more ways to get people to spend cash when they are in timed events.

How about more characters and finishing the new raid which was announced a while back now.

Overall this game is a good example for any development team working in the business of software to look at what not to do. Real professionals would release the raid first before announcing something like this.

The golden goose of star wars is the only reason this game still exists. replace the structure with any other fantasy genre and no one would be playing this mess of a game that didn't used to be a mess in early versions but only became a mess as bad development and poor planning continued to fragment the game.

hopefully my honest feedback wont be censored
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Please put raid furnaces back into the shipment rotation.

+ 1 absolutely!!!!!! - well needed!!!!!
  • PvP tourney? Is this something like a buy in feature? If the rewards are sub-par I doubt anyone would want to participate in it.
    I have a hunch that they're going to put exclusive Tourney ONLY characters as rewards.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    WeekleyB2 wrote: »
    Isn't PVP basically a tournament already? You against everybody else, prizes awarded by where you finish? Unless this means they figured out a way to make it a true PvP instead of PvAI?

My thoughts exactly - how is this "tournament" really going to differ than the already existing arena - except making last for a few days and giving better rewards (better rewards should be given in the already existing arena).

Seems like a waste of time to me.

It like when toy companies make a second toy using the same mold as an earlier toy - just with different paint colours, lol.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be many different tiers for prizes. Only the best of the best will get the top spots; this shouldn't be a surprise.

Don't the best of the best already have everything though?? - the ones that need the rewards are the ones that will score lower and stay low, because everyone else is clearing house.
This discussion has been closed.